Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204973 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ookunlola(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
yuddy2:
Baba, kindly assist with CD-R link especially for EA. You can post here or email me udeholughu@gmail.com
It's already posted by Bnmiz on page 177 of this thread.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by keleto(m): 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
jamson:

Mr Keleto, I was like you couple of months back. Scared of putting together a CDR. I even came to the thread to ask if I could use TRA too. But in the end, you would find out that EA is the easiest and fastest body to assess with. Even non engineers on the thread are wishing they had the opportunity to be assessed by EA.

CDR is not as hard as you think....
@JAMSON Thanks so much ,more grease and water to your elbow lol
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yuddy2(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
ookunlola:

It's already posted by Bnmiz on page 177 of this thread.
seen...thnx buddy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 2:52am On Feb 27, 2017
deesmom:
Good evening house, I would like to know if there is anyone that has gotten a positive assessment from vetasses as an internal auditor. My husband just received the reference letter from his employer and would like to get a second opinion before sending to vetasses.

He is also preparing to write Pte academic. Anyone with useful material should kindly send to me. Pm me and I would send my email.

Help A sister

There are tonnes of useful materials here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B8Xyk44qOUGpfjFKdHJGYzJySzJTMm5xcEdzaGwyMUtZSUdhV2swR0tPV093M0pzdllIeW8?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B_rCw4gC3uCjLUVlMWQ1NE5mdUE?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B1UHFyxeHa1zfktLTmJoUzNpcEUyaHVQdUVVbFJhaHczbU9qSG16bWVZMWd6VjNIVFZpc28/0B1UHFyxeHa1zSkY5bkluOXJ5LTQ/0B1UHFyxeHa1zS01vb1hKMFh2ZW8?usp=sharing&sort=13&direction=a

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/13non7lhdwefotp/AADfiVvjkea7xaz42rFRiaSta?dl=0

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BxSAhiEs5XzvX3lNSnRxc3NWcU0

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
My people make una come oo

As you know, PTE Academic scores are usually available within five business days. Sometimes scores are returned more quickly and, in a small number of cases, they may take longer to be returned.

Unfortunately, your score is not yet available.

Has this happened to anyone before? What was the end result, positive or negative?

Thank you.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
@zanyzara

I wrote my first pte on the 12th of October. On the 17th of October, i got this exact mail you received. On the 20th of October, my result came out. I can't say it was negative, it all depends on the points you are seeking. I had them all above 79 except speaking which was 71. I don't think a delay in any way predicts the outcome of the result. All the best.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
funkyjo:
@zanyzara

I wrote my first pte on the 12th of October. On the 17th of October, i got this exact mail you received. On the 20th of October, my result came out. I can't say it was negative, it all depends on the points you are seeking. I had them all above 79 except speaking which was 71. I don't think a delay in any way predicts the outcome of the result. All the best.

Thank you. I need 20points oo. Make God help me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettyirene: 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
prettyirene:

Thanks I appreciate. God bless you
Please is it possible to cancel my application from Vetassess and start afresh. I have already submitted my application for medical sales representative with 4years 6months experience but my former company is willing to give me a reference for 6years. Please house I need your urgent response. I have submitted my application, but not my documents for verification. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
zanyzara:
Unfortunately, your score is not yet available.
Has this happened to anyone before? What was the end result, positive or negative
I wrote on a Wednesday, got results the following Monday. Result was 20 points.. As funky said, it doesn't seem to matter
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
prettyirene:

Please is it possible to cancel my application from Vetassess and start afresh. I have already submitted my application for medical sales representative with 4years 6months experience but my former company is willing to give me a reference for 6years. Please house I need your urgent response. I have submitted my application, but not my documents for verification. Thanks

You mean your former company is willing to give a 6-yr ref instead of the 4.5-yr you actually spent there? That's like a falsified doc. It's not worth it in my opinion. Nothing can stop you from getting to heights God has destined you for. Is it not the same Vetassess that cuts years of experience anyhow?
Why not let your husband be the primary applicant as you were earlier advised? Is his 13 yrs experience not from working as a sales/marketing rep for an organization?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
prettyirene:

I believe you are aware you need 75 points for South Australia nomination Which is the only nominating state for the occupation.

You will need supporting evidence outside the reference letter to proof the 6years
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettyirene: 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Omooloriredade:

You mean your former company is willing to give a 6-yr ref instead of the 4.5-yr you actually spent there? That's like a falsified doc. It's not worth it in my opinion. Nothing can stop you from getting to heights God has destined you for. Is it not the same Vetassess that cuts years of experience anyhow?
Why not let your husband be the primary applicant as you were earlier advised? Is his 13 yrs experience not from working as a sales/marketing rep for an organization?
Hubby is not willing to relocate, doing this for the future of our kids. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:37am On Feb 28, 2017
CO Contact... ...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 7:07am On Feb 28, 2017
Bnimz:
CO Contact... ...

For real
shocked shocked shocked

What document(s) was requested?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:20am On Feb 28, 2017
Bnimz:
CO Contact... ...
Wetin 'em want? Awon CO yiii ti wa ya nnkan, abi you didn't upload the wedding certificate ni

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:35am On Feb 28, 2017
Bnimz:
I wrote on a Wednesday, got results the following Monday. Result was 20 points.. As funky said, it doesn't seem to matter

Thanks the PTE master himself!

Bnimz:
CO Contact... ...

What do they want na?

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 7:59am On Feb 28, 2017
An identity document I already provided. I just uploaded it again and clicked information provided.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 8:32am On Feb 28, 2017
Bnimz:
An identity document I already provided. I just uploaded it again and clicked information provided.

Visa grant loading. Which team?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 10:42am On Feb 28, 2017
Bnimz:

When they ask for a document again - a document u already provided, it could be that they are not satisfied with the former. It might be a good idea to upload another form of identification in addition to the former.

My thoughts tho..

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
mamajaz:

Wetin 'em want? Awon CO yiii ti wa ya nnkan, abi you didn't upload the wedding certificate ni

Mamajaz...you be the QUEEN OF HUMOUR for this platform. One can't read your post without a smile...even sef BIG LAUGHT. Thanks always

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
Please for those that already have their EA positive assessment and everyone, I need your advice. I read and was also told that EA assessment fee is not refundable. And It is about $1230 (AUD) excluding the expediting process. I have already finished my CERs but I am kind of scared. Not because I plagiarized anyone's work, but worried that my work my not impress the person assessing it. My questions are:
1. How can one be sure that his or her CDR will get a positive assessment.
2. Who has used some of these CDR assessment websites/agent such as "reviewmycdr.com", "cdraustralia.com"? Are they advisable?
3. I will be glad if any of our gurus here can also help to vet and review my work.

I am a mechanical engineering graduate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
Please folks, has anyone gotten nomination recently from NSW? Kindly share the date you applied and how long it took to get invite for nomination please.

Cheers

@ mamajaz==> President General Australian Immigration Commission, Nigerian Branch.

You no go kill person with your humour!!!

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Please for those that already have their EA positive assessment and everyone, I need your advice.

Review your work and ensure that it corressponds to most, if not all of the Anzco specification of a.mechanical engineer. Ensure that your summary statements are duly addressed. At least to the best of your understanding. Trust your gut and submit... Cheers

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Please for those that already have their EA positive assessment and everyone, I need your advice. I read and was also told that EA assessment fee is not refundable. And It is about $1230 (AUD) excluding the expediting process. I have already finished my CERs but I am kind of scared. Not because I plagiarized anyone's work, but worried that my work my not impress the person assessing it. My questions are:
1. How can one be sure that his or her CDR will get a positive assessment.
2. Who has used some of these CDR assessment websites/agent such as "reviewmycdr.com", "cdraustralia.com"? Are they advisable?
3. I will be glad if any of our gurus here can also help to vet and review my work.

One of these two has a bucketload of bad reviews online- can't remember which.
If you are done with your CDR, I can help you review it before submission.
If your career episodes fully address all points on the summary statement well and follow the guidelines, I believe a positive assessment isn't out of reach.

For your assessment, pay for 'Standard CDR' assessment (which is the cheapest) plus fasttrack. No need to pay for relevant experience IMO, cos DIBP will be the ones to scrutinise your work experience if you claim points for it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
jukeblam:

One of these two has a bucketload of bad reviews online- can't remember which.
If you are done with your CDR, I can help you review it before submission. Email is my username @yahoo.com
If your career episodes fully address all points on the summary statement well and follow the guidelines, I believe a positive assessment isn't out of reach.

For your assessment, pay for 'Standard CDR' assessment (which is the cheapest) plus fasttrack. No need to pay for relevant experience IMO, cos DIBP will be the ones to scrutinise your work experience if you claim points for it.

@jukeblam... Can I send mine to you for proof reading?
I am for mechanical engineering too.
Can one claim point for experience without first assessing it with EA!
Do I need to packaged my CV to Australian standard or leave it like our naija standard?
Will my bank statement and employment letter be enough to claim work experience point?

Lastly, how do I pay for assessment fee from Nigeria since I don't have anyone over their, I mean cheapest option.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
diggy4real:

@jukeblam... Can I send mine to you for proof reading? Sure, you can
I am for mechanical engineering too.
Can one claim point for experience without first assessing it with EA? Definitely. This is the advantage of EA over other assessing authorities; even people without work experience have gotten positive assessment using just episodes created from undergrad projects

Do I need to packaged my CV to Australian standard or leave it like our naija standard? Won't hurt if you do; but it's not mandatory. I didn't.
Will my bank statement and employment letter be enough to claim work experience point? Most likely more proof than these two; check what people that claimed work experience have posted

Lastly, how do I pay for assessment fee from Nigeria since I don't have anyone over their, I mean cheapest option. I don't know about cheapest but I know about surest; open a dom acct + card, buy USD from dollar-changers, deposit and pay via your dom acct card.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 4:48am On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=jukeblam post=54154436][/quote]
@jukeblam

Thanks for your reply.....I have sent it already.

Please clarify your second answer ....because I don't have much to spend on skill assessment. Event though, I really need to claim this work experience point since Mech needs 70pt to get ITA.
So, if it means assessing it first with EA before claiming it, I will do that. If not assessing it will still make me claim it ,ahh better(money saved).

Finally, I have a brother I uses his card for this, hope to still use it for this assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by duuduu(m): 5:39am On Mar 01, 2017
Good day @OGA BELLONG , ABEG I wish to ask if there is any other State/province/region apart from New South Wales who does 'nt ask for proof of Fund (POF)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
Prayer time..

Knock, knock, knock....is anybody home??
I wish all of us a happy new month. May we all march into the realm of supernatural where no: English tests will defeat us, case officer will make us sad, vetasses and other assessing authorities will dampen our spirits, and aspirations.
I pray God will make this month a month of innumerable GRANTS, record breaking successes in English tests, and more than enough positive assessments.
Overall, I pray that dollar will fall! and fall!! and falllll!!!!!!!! by faayaaaaaaaaaaa....., such that people in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe etc will be so happy with this prayers and release so much hard currencies to mamajazzy's dorm account. ..
Can I hear an amen? A louder amen

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
mamajaz:
Prayer time..

Knock, knock, knock....is anybody home??
I wish all of us a happy new month. May we all march into the realm of supernatural where no: English tests will defeat us, case officer will make us sad, vetasses and other assessing authorities will dampen our spirits, and aspirations.

Amen...Amen...Amen in Jesus name.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
I just got my PTE scores...so pained.

Listening - 82
Reading - 81
Writing - 85
Speaking - 76

Just maybe if I had prepared more. I need 20 points. Really really pained.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2017
Yeeshas:
I just got my PTE scores...so pained.

Listening - 82
Reading - 81
Writing - 85
Speaking - 76

Just maybe if I had prepared more. I need 20 points. Really really pained.

I can imagine how sad it is missing out by three points..

Work on the area you were deficient during the test and try again.

Worst case scenario, wait till after for months to claim 5 points from work experience.

Did VETASSES explain why your experience was cut down?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.