Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207675 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:26pm On May 28, 2017
akereconfi:

What about the BSc ---- 15 points?

Degree points goes hand in hand with +ve Skill Assessment outcome.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 1:24pm On May 28, 2017
Bnimz:
I understand. However, nobody can convince you.... Its necessary for you to do your own research and compare with your unique circumstances...
If it helps, from my research before jumping feet first into this, I was only able to determine three reasons that guarantee rejection..
1. False/Falsified documentation
2. HIV/AIDS
3. A police character problem/Conviction/Terrorism

If you don't have any of these issues, you're as fine as anybody else that has gotten the visa..

Ok noted thanks for that info!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogttcorg: 1:26pm On May 28, 2017
Bnimz:
Now this would be false information...

You didn't specify which branch of Engineering you had your BACHELORS in..... They don't really reckon with masters...

In addition, you don't need work experience as an engineer.. Jamson didn't use his, I didn't, Mctowel01 didn't, Funkyjo didn't, Iceberg54 didn't... To name a few.

Congratulations Bnimz for your success.

Speaking of work experience, for someone with a chemical engineering degree, and worked as piping engineer for 3 years in an oil servicing firm. We were not given payslips nor tax clearance, what other options am I left with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 1:32pm On May 28, 2017
Bnimz:
Now this would be false information...

You didn't specify which branch of Engineering you had your BACHELORS in..... They don't really reckon with masters...

In addition, you don't need work experience as an engineer.. Jamson didn't use his, I didn't, Mctowel01 didn't, Funkyjo didn't, Iceberg54 didn't... To name a few.

Thank you for this information! I have B.Eng in Agric Engineering and Msc in Mechanical Engineering.

pls explain a little bit more on "u don't need work experience as an engineer"
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 1:36pm On May 28, 2017
ogttcorg:

Congratulations Bnimz for your success.

Speaking of work experience, for someone with a chemical engineering degree, and worked as piping engineer for 3 years in an oil servicing firm. We were not given payslips nor tax clearance, what other options am I left with.

Hello, so u applied as zero work experience and you visa got approved?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:04pm On May 28, 2017
saddyn:

Pls if you pay the 3,600 AUD does it mean your visa application is successful?
It is successful, but incomplete. It becomes complete when you upload all the relevant documents
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 4:18pm On May 28, 2017
So I requested for update on my assessment from VETASSESS and I got this :

Dear Mr XXXX,
Your application is still being processed. I am awaiting a response from your employer / referee Mr. ZZZZZ at zzzz@yahoo.com
Due to time differences it is difficult to contact him by phone, however I will try calling shortly.
Kindest regards,

House please advise : What should I do. Should I tell them to call my Employer as he is waiting for them (wont it look like "arrangeee"wink or should I just dey look.

I am tired of this slow-mo from VETASSESS jare.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 5:30pm On May 28, 2017
[quote

26th May 2017

God Bless[/quote]

Congratulations, Chief Bnmiz.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jeezy: 5:50pm On May 28, 2017
I have 8 years of experience
Graduated in 2006
IT Security
Yes. Three of them.

Alphadoor:

How many years of experience do u have?
What year did you graduate?
What field of IT are you into?
Do u have any professional certificates?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by amazingraze: 6:54pm On May 28, 2017
Bnimz:

On this day, the chronology of a successful endeavor reads thus:

Congrats Bnimz

ajiifixing:

Dear Mr XXXX,
Your application is still being processed. I am awaiting a response from your employer / referee Mr. ZZZZZ at zzzz@yahoo.com
Due to time differences it is difficult to contact him by phone, however I will try calling shortly.
Kindest regards,

House please advise : What should I do. Should I tell them to call my Employer as he is waiting for them (wont it look like "arrangeee"wink or should I just dey look.

Don't bother telling him to call. Tell your employer to check his inbox & spam folder. It appears your assessor already sent an email but your employer has not responded.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:04pm On May 28, 2017
Jeezy:
I have 8 years of experience
Graduated in 2006
IT Security
Yes. Three of them.

Which three sir?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but U may not be able to claim experience with ACS..

because Its looking like you will be sacrificing 6 to 8 years for positive assessment with ACS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2017
[

Don't bother telling him to call. Tell your employer to check his inbox & spam folder. It appears your assessor already sent an email but your employer has not responded.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot. Do you know I never saw it in that light till you mentioned it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:22pm On May 28, 2017
saddyn:

Thank you for this information! I have B.Eng in Agric Engineering and Msc in Mechanical Engineering.

pls explain a little bit more on "u don't need work experience as an engineer"
Like Bnimz pointed out, the thread is crawling with people and info about engineers who did not claim work experience. Just find time and read through and get all the answers to your questions.

You may approach EA with your IT, NYSC and/or internship experience for the purpose of assessment only and years of experience will not be claimed. That means you must find other means to make up for the point not claimed on work experience. Getting 20 points in English test is what most of us here used to augment for the unclaimed work points.

Please note that EA is the only assessing body that gives the opportunity to be assessed with no work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ABUkAkA: 11:24pm On May 28, 2017
@Banimz1, I sent my Career Episode for review to your gmail. Thank you Sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:31pm On May 28, 2017
ABUkAkA:
@Banimz1, I sent my Career Episode for review to your gmail...... Thank you Sir.
Please edit your post and remove his email. He is a political figure here grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:37pm On May 28, 2017
Mijac:

Ok.
What's up Mijac? I think I responded to your email some weeks back.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 1:13am On May 29, 2017
ajiifixing:

Dear Mr XXXX,
Kindest regards,

When I was assessed, they called to speak with my employer between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gbengaolu360: 6:23am On May 29, 2017
I salute my oga Banimz1, I sent my Documents for review to your mail. Thank you Sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ABUkAkA: 6:34am On May 29, 2017
I have done the needful. @Banimz1 and @jamson, forgive me and accept my apologies.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2017
ABUkAkA:
I...
I can't seem to find your email though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 9:29am On May 29, 2017
Grant??

CO contact.........not again!!!!!

Imagine! Asking for Polio certificate of all things, even for our 6-month old son. Thought they know no one completes medicals without one.

I'm attaching immunization card for the child since polio vaccines are not given at his age, hope this is fine?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 10:06am On May 29, 2017
jamson bro hope you've resumed your new work? pardon my equisitiveness can you help us with a rough estimate of the total expenses of every penny spent for everything from beginning till end? As this will help us the new comers to know how much we should bear in mind to save. Do kindly tell us?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 10:09am On May 29, 2017
Please gurus in the house, I am confused on whether to unload high quality scans of passport biopage and birth certificate or is it compulsory that these documents have to be certified before uploading.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:10am On May 29, 2017
Alphadoor:

Please how were you able to get +ve assessment from ACS if you graduated in 2016.
Because ACS requires you to have 2 to 8 years minimum experience after date of graduation.

Except you have an Australian bachelor degree which requires 1yr.

What school and course is your degree related to

UK

5 yrs experience (10pts). Am sorry sir but you might have calculated wrong.

Yes I think I did a wrong calculation but right now I'm aiming to get 20 points off the English test and not claim points from Work Experience

Age points is the only thing looking right here...

No you are wrong.

Please help me understand better because am not understanding
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 10:21am On May 29, 2017
Please, can anyone help me with materials for PTE-A as I'm aiming to score 79 and above in each band to grab the 20 points off the English test. Please any advice/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 12:09pm On May 29, 2017
1naira50kobo:
Please, can anyone help me with materials for PTE-A as I'm aiming to score 79 and above in each band to grab the 20 points off the English test. Please any advice/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Courtesy of mctowel01

PTE-A materials

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrxfb23yh2jubz0/AACqQqja5SXpPfZkhvozNTyqa?dl=0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 12:41pm On May 29, 2017
Bnimz can you pls give a break down on how you arrived at your 60 point score?

I guess Age 30points? English proficiency 20points? making it a total of 50point. how did u get d remaining 10points?
pls kindly share more light on that.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 12:45pm On May 29, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Grant??

CO contact.........not again!!!!!

Imagine! Asking for Polio certificate of all things, even for our 6-month old son. Thought they know no one completes medicals without one.

I'm attaching immunization card for the child since polio vaccines are not given at his age, hope this is fine?

Check the immunisation card. OPV is one of the furst vaccines given to your son.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kimipa: 1:17pm On May 29, 2017
WOW from page 0 -289 I have read all but need a bit of clarification.
@bellong, Bnmiz and all other gurus in the house I salute you all for this thread and all the free advise given here, it is a real eye opener and I want to be a beneficiary in this OZ blessings. However, I have a small challenge and I hope you all can be of assistance.My question goes thus: am 36years,have a BSC in Business Administration and MSC in Business Administration (Management) all from Unilag, I have over 10 years experience, 2.7 years as Corporate affairs officer in an aviation company, 8 months as a sales executive in a paint manufacturing company, 3 months as a marketer in a micro finance bank, 5.7 years as a travel logistics personnel in an aviation company , but was made PA to the MD about a year ago. While in travel logistics I did admin functions such as procurement and supervised a hanger being built by the coy But not in my officia JD, what is in my JD travel logistics and the most recent one PA t MD. As PA I supervise and carry out all admin functions as it relates to the MD office
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kimipa: 1:25pm On May 29, 2017
kimipa:
WOW from page 0 -289 I have read all but need a bit of clarification.
@bellong, Bnmiz and all other gurus in the house I salute you all for this thread and all the free advise given here, it is a real eye opener and I want to be a beneficiary in this OZ blessings. However, I have a small challenge and I hope you all can be of assistance.My question goes thus: am 36years,have a BSC in Business Administration and MSC in Business Administration (Management) all from Unilag, I have over 10 years experience, 2.7 years as Corporate affairs officer in an aviation company, 8 months as a sales executive in a paint manufacturing company, 3 months as a marketer in a micro finance bank, 5.7 years as a travel logistics personnel in an aviation company , but was made PA to the MD about a year ago. While in travel logistics I did admin functions such as procurement and supervised a hanger being built by the coy But not in my officia JD, what is in my JD travel logistics and the most recent one PA t MD. As PA I supervise and carry out all admin functions as it relates to the MD office
but what am worried about is the avaliable jobs as it relates to my job and degrees, the nearest have come across is the contract Administrator, which is closely related to procurement I did while in travel logistics and Vetassess is the assessing body for this my fear is that if I apply for assessment with out have a JD and official letter saying am a procurement officer or contract officer which is not my current role, won't it make vetassess give me a negative assessment. Because what I have read is that for a positive assessment you must have qualification plus experience matching the job you want to assess. Please assist me with advice on this all gurus in the house,. NB: my BSc was 2004 while MSc was 2014.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2017
Mcslize:
Bnimz can you pls give a break down on how you arrived at your 60 point score? .
Age - 25 points
Bachelors degree - 15 points
English - 20 points
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 1:48pm On May 29, 2017
ogbevireo:

Check the immunisation card. OPV is one of the furst vaccines given to your son.

Just checked, you are right....thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.