Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207680 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 2:06pm On May 29, 2017
Bnimz:
Age - 25 points Bachelors degree - 15 points English - 20 points
Thats great!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 2:06pm On May 29, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Grant??

CO contact.........not again!!!!!

Imagine! Asking for Polio certificate of all things, even for our 6-month old son. Thought they know no one completes medicals without one.

I'm attaching immunization card for the child since polio vaccines are not given at his age, hope this is fine?

You can get the polio certificate for your son. Just take him with his immunisation card and passport to port health with the fees. They will issue one for him once they see he has taken and they can choose to give another one, usually the say you can have it more than once.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 1naira50kobo: 2:07pm On May 29, 2017
Bnimz:
Age - 25 points
Bachelors degree - 15 points
This is exactly same as mine. I just got my assessment done and I'm at the stage of writing English exam to claim 20 points

English - 20 points

Did you write IELTS or PTE-A

Please can you kindly assist me with materials you used for your study in the English test.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2017
Both. The materials are the same ones on the thread. Got them all here,... I think someone put a link on the previous page
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2017
@ kimipa: your options could have been company secretary, program or project administrator and contract administrator as you have pointed out but all these occupations have special conditions attached to them in order to get state nomination.

Another occupation that I THINK may fly is Transport company manager. It is currently being sponsored by South Australia but you could wait for other contributors before proceeding bearing in mind that there would be a reset of the occupation list in July.

Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:51pm On May 29, 2017
1naira50kobo:

UK

Yes I think I did a wrong calculation but right now I'm aiming to get 20 points off the English test and not claim points from Work Experience

No you are wrong.

Good luck with the English
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jeezy: 2:51pm On May 29, 2017
Thanks. It's nit bad news, it's advisable to know my.options before going to too far...I sent you an email...

Alphadoor:

Which three sir?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but U may not be able to claim experience with ACS..

because Its looking like you will be sacrificing 6 to 8 years for positive assessment with ACS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:58pm On May 29, 2017
Jeezy:
Thanks. It's nit bad news, it's advisable to know my.options before going to too far...I sent you an email...

Seen.
Replied.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 3:30pm On May 29, 2017
jamson:

Like Bnimz pointed out, the thread is crawling with people and info about engineers who did not claim work experience. Just find time and read through and get all the answers to your questions.

You may approach EA with your IT, NYSC and/or internship experience for the purpose of assessment only and years of experience will not be claimed. That means you must find other means to make up for the point not claimed on work experience. Getting 20 points in English test is what most of us here used to augment for the unclaimed work points.

Please note that EA is the only assessing body that gives the opportunity to be assessed with no work experience.

Thank u very much my brother for this piece of info. God will bless u.

If I understand u completely, I should not include any of my work experience and concentrate on the English test?

What about my banking experience? That I was paid weekly and the pay slips sent to me by email. Or I should neglect that as well and focus on the English test?

Thanks for throwing more light!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by saddyn: 4:00pm On May 29, 2017
Bnimz:
Age - 25 points
Bachelors degree - 15 points
English - 20 points

Hi Bnimz, pls I need alittle clarification. I will be 33yrs by 20th October can I claim points for 32yrs? Considering the fact that I have not started the process yet. I don't know how long the whole thing will take.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 5:34pm On May 29, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 5:35pm On May 29, 2017
Please oga Bnimz, bellong and other great people that have gone through this successfully, I am presently in the process of uploading my documents for visa 189, I want to know if it is OK to just upload high quality scans of my passport biopage and birth certificate or is compulsory to get them certified before uploading. I asked this question here earlier but got no response. Please help a brother.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:57pm On May 29, 2017
eaglemaniac:
Please oga Bnimz, bellong and other great people that have gone through this successfully, I am presently in the process of uploading my documents for visa 189, I want to know if it is OK to just upload high quality scans of my passport biopage and birth certificate or is compulsory to get them certified before uploading. I asked this question here earlier but got no response. Please help a brother.

I want to believe you have received your ITA, meaning this upload is to DIBP.
Certified copies are preferred.
More information at link below.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 6:11pm On May 29, 2017
saddyn:
I will be 33yrs by 20th October can I claim points for 32yrs
You won't be doing any "claiming" by yourself... The system will give you the points based on your birthday... So, hurry up and get yourself invited before 20th of October.... Cos on that date, the system will deduct 5 points from you.
After you are invited, you are safe.. No change will affect you anymore

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afojibola: 6:12pm On May 29, 2017
Hi Everyone..pls I want to know if anyone has successfully used English language proficiency letter from his wife's primary n secondary school as evidence of functional English language? As a matter of fact, this is clearly stated as one of d ways to proof functional English language of ones partner.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 6:33pm On May 29, 2017
eaglemaniac:

I uploaded mine like that, high colour quality, and I was fine with it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 6:33pm On May 29, 2017
afojibola:
Hi Everyone..pls I want to know if anyone has successfully used English language proficiency letter from his wife's primary n secondary school as evidence of functional English language? As a matter of fact, this is clearly stated as one of d ways to proof functional English language of ones partner.

That one na long thing. It's better and safer your partner take English test. That is my opinion anyway.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 6:36pm On May 29, 2017

Alphadoor thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 7:21pm On May 29, 2017
[/color][color=#006600]
Alphadoor:

More information at link below.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Info

Alphadoor thanks for your earlier response but in the site below, colored scan was recommended.https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-/Skilled-Independent-visa-%28subclass-189%29-document-checklist
This is really confusing. Please those that have successfully passed this stage should put mouth in this matter.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 7:32pm On May 29, 2017
eaglemaniac:

I think your documents need to be certified order than the original as stated on the screenshot. Bminz can throw more light on this.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by godblessuyirich(f): 7:48pm On May 29, 2017
good evening forks, just found this thread on tuesday last week. Im happy to be here. Pls Mr Bellong and Mr Bnimz pls kindly reply my pm. I really need ur help. God bless
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 7:52pm On May 29, 2017
Mcslize:

I think your documents need to be certified order than the original as stated on the screenshot. Bminz can throw more light on this.
[color=#990000][/color]

To be on the safe side, I will just notarise them. Thanks for your response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 8:16pm On May 29, 2017
eaglemaniac:
[color=#990000][/color]

That's good. You're welcome. It pays to follow due process in vital issue like this. I am very sure if due process is followed and meet the lay down criteria, one must jubilate at the end.

So, you're at the stage of getting assessed right? Cuz EOI comes last.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 8:30pm On May 29, 2017
[/color][quote author=Mcslize post=57000117]

That's good. You're welcome. It pays to follow due process in vital issue like this. I am very sure if due process is followed and meet the lay down criteria, one must jubilate at the end.

So, you're at the stage of getting assessed right? Cuz EOI comes last.[color=#006600]

No, i have already done my assessment and got ITA last week. But the contrasting information on their site is my confusion. i am applying for visa 189. I just needed to know what those that had gone through this uploaded.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 8:45pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=eaglemaniac post=57000488][/quote]

I never certified any of my or family's document. Visa is still in process though, but non of the two CO contacts I got so far had anything to do with document rejection.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:45pm On May 29, 2017
eaglemaniac:
[color=#990000][/color]

You don't need to notarise it if you are uploading the colour scanned copy.
godblessuyirich:
good evening forks, just found this thread on tuesday last week. Im happy to be here. Pls Mr Bellong and Mr Bnimz pls kindly reply my pm. I really need ur help. God bless

I will appreciate it if you ask your question here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 8:50pm On May 29, 2017
Good evening to everyone, pls I'm New here. I just received a positive assessment from VETASSESS today, pls what should i do next? Oga Bellong,Bminz and anybody with reliable info kindly respond, tnx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2017
You don't need to notarize or certify anything.. Just upload very high quality COLOR scans

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 9:03pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=eaglemaniac post=57000488][/quote]

Good just mention Bminz he should be able to tell u what what to do as he happened to be recent successful applicant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eaglemaniac: 9:10pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=57000950]

You don't need to notarise it if you are uploading the colour scanned copy.[color=#006600][/color]

Bellong thanks for your rely, i have to make a U-turn at this point and save my money. I can't just be giving those lawyers free money for nothing.
OzyMigrant thanks i will follow your footstep.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 9:18pm On May 29, 2017
Hello Bminz

When creating an account with Engineers Australia, there are some info that I really do not understand the exact thing to fill. Pls kindly show me the right thing to fill as shown in the screenshot so as to avoid mistake. What do I fill in the below selected fields?

Title: is it Engr or Mr

Street line 1:

Street line 2:

Street line 3:

Suburb:

State: Is it my Nigeria State or the state I will land in Oz?

Postcode: Nigeria or Australia postcode?

Mobile: My phone number?

Phone: Still my phone number?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:22pm On May 29, 2017
Bellacious:
Good evening to everyone, pls I'm New here. I just received a positive assessment from VETASSESS today, pls what should i do next? Oga Bellong,Bminz and anybody with reliable info kindly respond, tnx

Have you done an English test?

What is your occupation?

If you have 60 points, next is to fill an EOI.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.