Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207397 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by buzu84: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2017
Hello my able ACS folks....

I just got my ACS assessment feedback, it was positive but i didn't like the outcome.

My Bachelor's Degree was assessed as an AQF Associate Degree with major in Computing (N.B. I graduated from Babcock University), This caused them to deduct 5 years from my experience. Do i contact the CO..what are my chances it would be reviewed

Also one of my Career episodes was assessed as not suitable i guess it's the way i wrote the JD. Do i go for an appeal or review, sending another one?

Kindly advice..please your help would be appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
After reading NNB2012's post, I have gone back to re-read the instructions on DIBP's website. The mix up is that the combined eligible list of occupations is for all classes of visa using the MLTSSL, 189, 186, 457, 489.
[/quote]

Hi Bellong, is 190 state nominated visa still on. I noticed it's not among the listed visa above and if it's still available, which of the list is applicable, is it the short-term list?
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
buzu84:

I just got my ACS assessment feedback, it was positive but i didn't like the outcome.

My Bachelor's Degree was assessed as an AQF Associate Degree with major in Computing (N.B. I graduated from Babcock University), This caused them to deduct 5 years from my experience. Do i contact the CO..what are my chances it would be reviewed

Also one of my Career episodes was assessed as not suitable i guess it's the way i wrote the JD. Do i go for an appeal or review, sending another one?

Unfortunately you can't change the classification on your Bachelor Degree as A.Q.F Associate, Your ICT content, course duration, university (Transcript ) is the core determinant for the classification. Except you have a new transcript and degree... 5 yrs will still be required for an associate degree.

how many years did u submit in total... after the 5 years deduction, how many years do u have left for Exp points claim.....
Will you be earning extra point if u get unsuitable career reviewed?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by buzu84: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
Alphadoor:

Unfortunately you can't change the classification on your Bachelor Degree as A.Q.F Associate, Your ICT content, course duration, university (Transcript ) is the core determinant for the classification. Except you have a new transcript and degree... 5 yrs will still be required for an associate degree.

how many years did u submit in total... after the 5 years deduction, how many years do u have left for Exp points claim.....
Will you be earning extra point if u get unsuitable career reviewed?

Thanks Boss for the feedback,

I was really just wondering why they had to assess my Bachelors degree as a associate as the AQF levels documentation for Level 7 Bachelors which states Graduates at this level will have broad and coherent knowledge and skills for professional work and/or further learning between 3 to 4 years, Computer courses are included in the Course content from my 100 Level up until 400 Level. I guess maybe it's just the way they assess Nigerian private universities...just wondering what their justification is.

I Submitted a total of 11 years. but 3 years of those was reviewed as Unsuitable the reason was that it was not closely related to the Nominated ANZSCO, so out of the 8 years accessed, 5 years was deducted as reason to Associate Degree. Leaving me with 3 years for EXP claim. Thinking if i submit a review of the unsuitable 3 years Career Episode i would be able to get additional 5 points.

Can i PM you please @Alphadoor
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
@tunai,

190 occupation is on the short term list and MLTSSL list if the person cannot meet 60 points.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by easykay011: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
hello everybody,i am into welding and i want to travel Australia if dere is anybody in d room who can put me through...anticipating ur response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
easykay011:
hello everybody,i am into welding and i want to travel Australia if dere is anybody in d room who can put me through...anticipating ur response

Pm me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
bellong:
@tunai,

190 occupation is on the short term list and MLTSSL list if the person cannot met 60 points.

@bellong, @NNBB2012

Please enlighten me more on this.. If my occupation is on the short term list and I meet the 60points can I still go for 189? Are you saying that the points determines the type of visa that one can actually apply for?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
nkechima, you see how English dey cause kasala here In the face of all these tutorials, bi still find it difficult to understand most of the mltssl and short term stuffs. The thing dey more complex than the Sol/ csol list Jere.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
But Nna ehn, this PTE practice test no be beans o. Praying for a successful 20 points and nothing less. Who's got the code for cracking this PTE-A?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
@Raretosin2000
@zoew.
whats the update on your assessment with ACS
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
Alphadoor has done justice to your question.

Chai 3 years , 5 points much needed.

You can apply for review for that period but you will need to submit another reference letter for that period.

buzu84:

I was really just wondering why they had to assess my Bachelors degree as a associate as the AQF levels documentation for Level 7 Bachelors which states Graduates at this level will have broad and coherent knowledge and skills for professional work and/or further learning between 3 to 4 years, Computer courses are included in the Course content from my 100 Level up until 400 Level. I guess maybe it's just the way they assess Nigerian private universities...just wondering what their justification is.

I Submitted a total of 11 years. but 3 years of those was reviewed as Unsuitable the reason was that it was not closely related to the Nominated ANZSCO, so out of the 8 years accessed, 5 years was deducted as reason to Associate Degree. Leaving me with 3 years for EXP claim. Thinking if i submit a review of the unsuitable 3 years Career Episode i would be able to get additional 5 points.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
mamajaz:
nkechima, you see how English dey cause kasala here In the face of all these tutorials, bi still find it difficult to understand most of the mltssl and short term stuffs. The thing dey more complex than the Sol/ csol list Jere.
My sis eeh.... My next world na Oyinbo I go come ooh...before now I use to think say if somebody get 60 points hin fit apply for 189, 55 points mean say person go need state sponsorship and 50points need region to help with 10 points. Eeee no mater wherether your occupation dey for SOL abi CSOL,but now the confusion Don plenty oooh Some talk say MLTSSL na for 189 and 489 while STSSL na for 190.

Please, @ bellong,@NNBB2012,@lawland@alphardor and oda people wey sabi wela wela help us put mouth for dis mata
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
Bnimz, thanks for the CPD
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
jayooh:
Pls any one kind enough to gimme sample CPD n CV format for Engineers Australia
Hav you gotten one?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
koleefem05:
But Nna ehn, this PTE practice test no be beans o. Praying for a successful 20 points and nothing less. Who's got the code for cracking this PTE-A?

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/12015801-post16349.html
check out this link. you will find some good stuff there.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
spyroxy1:
All of you seeking to write CPD and CDR - ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA

PM me or send me an email - FOR GUIDANCE AND/OR PROXY WRITING

spyroxy1@Gmail.com

Mr. this is a thread of responsible people. Proxy writing is a NO NO.

Please take your notorious trade elsewhere.

mods please take not of this guy.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=44772680] This thread aims at providing guide, instructions and genuine advice to prospective applicants for Australian permanent resident visa through the skilled migration program. For those looking to apply for study (student) visa, the link below will be more useful as it has enough information about applying to schools and Australian study visa. This new thread is specifically for permanent resident visa application.

Prospective students, follow this thread.. https://www.nairaland.com/2338380/general-australian-visa-enquiries-part

By way of introduction, Australia has a number of pathway to getting permanent resident status but the easiest is the skilled migration. Skilled migration, as the name implies means opportunity for both "academic skilled and technical skilled" people to migrate legally and permanently to Australia. The program was originally designed to address skill shortages in the country generally, so they came up with a system that attracts people who can meet the minimum requirements.

There are five visa subclass in the skilled migration pathway namely Subclass 189 (Independent), 190 (State sponsored), 489 (Regional/nominated provisional), 132 (Business Talent) and 188 (Business Innovation and investment, provisional). I will be talking strictly on the first three. See link for Australian Border Force's website for the skilled migration.. http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

The three visa subclass, 189, 190 and 489 are for professionals, technologists, artisans and trade workers who can meet up to minimum of 60points for 189, 55points for 190 and 50 points for 489. I will explain how the points are calculated, occupation list and applicat
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
bellong good evening,I have been studying this page for sometimes now,I don't really understand how this permanent residency stuff works,Do they offer jobs after you might have gotten the required points and invited?or they only invite people and u will start searching for jobs yourself on getting to Australia?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Annbabie: 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
Pls reply my pm.
koleefem05:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
Bankole1790:
bellong good evening,I have been studying this page for sometimes now,I don't really understand how this permanent residency stuff works,Do they offer jobs after you might have gotten the required points and invited?or they only invite people and u will start searching for jobs yourself on getting to Australia?

Just read from 0-5pages of this thread and you will get more clarity.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
Annbabie:
Pls reply my pm.
Bros, I've been trying to reply you o, but I dunno what's wrong with replying PMs on Nairaland lately. Just add @yahoodotcom to my ID.
Prolivingproof:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/12015801-post16349.html
check out this link. you will find some good stuff there.

Thanks boss. Really appreciate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
buzu84:

Instead of paying for a review, simply email them and they would tell you how they came about that.
But there's a document on the website that explains exactly how many years you would get with what.
For example, with AQF diploma, you need to add certain number of years of experience to get a positive review.
That gets deducted from your years of experience.
Also, Babcock degree gets converted to AQF Diploma..
I know this because Na we both waka come. cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
nkechima:

My sis eeh.... My next world na Oyinbo I go come ooh...before now I use to think say if somebody get 60 points hin fit apply for 189, 55 points mean say person go need state sponsorship and 50points need region to help with 10 points. Eeee no mater wherether your occupation dey for SOL abi CSOL,but now the confusion Don plenty oooh Some talk say MLTSSL na for 189 and 489 while STSSL na for 190.

Please, @ bellong,@NNBB2012,@lawland@alphardor and oda people wey sabi wela wela help us put mouth for dis mata
STOL is for just SC190 and SC489 according to my understanding, while MLTSSL has broader visa classes including SC189.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=nkechima post=58547888]

@bellong, @NNBB2012

Please enlighten me more on this.. If my occupation is on the short term list and I meet the 60points can I still go for 189? Are you saying that the points determines the type of visa that one can actually apply for?[/
quote]
In simple language,if your occupation is on the MTSSL,you are eligible for 189 ,provided you meet up with the required points.if your occupation is on the combined list only,and not on the MTSSL,you are only eligible for either 190 or489 if you have a total of 60points.these require nomination by the different states.these states also have lists of occupations they sponsor.they also have other conditions attached for you to be nominated by them.hope you find this useful.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephgirl: 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
bellong:

With 70 points, you can get invite on 189..
Thanks alot. Even with d competition?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
@Pharnta and @lalaazo

Thank you jare

U C sometimes I wonder how I scaled tru Skul with a low IQ shocked but don't fault me because Oyibo is not my papa's language grin grin

I want people to have a clearer view of MLTSSL and STSSL
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
@Nkechima,

Nothing to add to what pharnta wrote.

@hephgirl,

The taste of the pudding is in the eating. Why worry about the competition. Life itself started with a competition and you won. You only have a shot at winning if you are in it..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 4:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Hello, you can claim Filter-Welder or Welder (First Class), whichever that suits your job description. TRA (Trade Recognition Australia) is the assessing authority that will assess your skills and qualifications. You can visit their websites and check their application guidelines, it's pretty much straight forward depending on your situation anyways. However, if you get, lost expats in the house will re-align your track.

easykay011:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 4:29am On Jul 18, 2017
Good day, all
Before the change in the policy in April, there was one single occupation list for SOL and another single occupation list for CSOL that can be used for 189,190,489,186,187,457,485 etc

From July 1,the list was separated into two: The Occupations in
(1) https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850 for 189,489,485 and 190 with its MLTSSL, STSOL and combined list.

And Occupations in

(2 )https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00851 for 186 and 457 with its MLTSSL, STSOL and combined list.

There are two different lists now but the one for General Skilled Migration Visa Program which is the one needed by this forum is IMMI 17/072 https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850:

I may be corrected.

Thanks

NNBB2012:

You guys are doing amazing things by pointing people in the right direction on this forum. I really appreciate your effort.

Just to say this that DIBP website is not the final authority when it comes to Australia migration. As a matter of fact, registered agents don't refer to it. Legislative Acts, regulations, instruments and policies are the final authorities of which public don't have access to.

As per the issue in contention whether "Petroleum Engineer and other occupations" have been added to MLTSSL or not.
Just to clarify this authoritatively, It has NOT been added to MLTSSL available to those who want to apply through GSM path. If you are applying for any GSM (General Skilled Migration e.g 189,489 visa etc )occupations, you can only nominate occupation which in this legislative instrument:

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850

With respect to the occupation MLTSSL list that DIBP refers to on their website that includes "Petroleum Engineer", you can only use that if you are being sponsored for 186 (Employer nominated visa) or 457 (4years-MLTSSL or 2years-STSOL ).

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

Don't make the mistake of assessing your occupation as a Petroleum Engineer hoping to be invited for any GSM visa; It is a waste of money. I would advise you should consider other options that will lead to PR.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
buzu84:

Same thing ACS did to me, I also finished from BU, but it is not only peculiar to private uni, on expat forum, some indians complained about same, they mostly consider a 5 year course as equivalent to their bachelor with exception to some selected schools. Anyways, if you did Computer Tech and you have worked as an IT support officer, you can assess with TRA Hardware Technician and you will get your Bsc points and years of experience but the occupation is only available for 190/489 visa sponsored by SA, Tasmania and Queensland I think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.