Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207383 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 9:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Morning my people, just got below epistle from DIBP after sending a reminder (a week ago) regarding my visa processing. It's been 3.5 months since first submitting the application and 6wks since providing the last requested information by CO.

Gurus in the house please help check and interpret.

[b]Dear Sir,

I acknowledge receipt of your email regarding processing of an application for a General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa. I understand that the time taken to process this application is causing concern.

GSM visas include applications for the following visa subclasses:
· Skilled Independent (subclass 189); and
· Skilled Nominated (subclass 190); and
· Skilled Regional (subclass 489) – First Provisional Stream

The processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements and expected processing times and determine the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category.

There are a limited number of places available for GSM applicants for the 2016-17 programme year and therefore processing times will be longer for some visa applicants. Additionally once the remaining places are used we will be unable to grant further visas in this category in the current programme year.

As the planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot advise when this application will be finalised.

Regards
Hong
Position Number:
Economic and Skilled Visa Programme Branch | Visa and Citizenship Management Division
Visa and Citizenship Services Group
Department of Immigration and Border Protection[/b]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Morning my people, just got below epistle from DIBP after sending a reminder (a week ago) regarding my visa processing. It's been 3.5 months since first submitting the application and 6wks since providing the last requested information by CO.

[b]Dear Sir,

I acknowledge receipt of your email regarding processing of an application for a General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa. I understand that the time taken to process this application is causing concern.

The processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements and expected processing times and determine the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category.

There are a limited number of places available for GSM applicants for the 2016-17 programme year and therefore processing times will be longer for some visa applicants. Additionally once the remaining places are used we will be unable to grant further visas in this category in the current programme year.

As the planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot advise when this application will be finalised.

Regards
Hong
Position Number:
Economic and Skilled Visa Programme Branch | Visa and Citizenship Management Division
Visa and Citizenship Services Group
Department of Immigration and Border Protection[/b]

@Ozymigrant which visa category did you apply for, 189 or 190? Secondly this is a bit confusing, are they saying because you applied towards the end of 2016/2017 they cannot allocate a slot from the approved numbers in this year 2017/2018 to you?

Anyone with a clearer understanding should please assist.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2017
Phlunter01:
@Ozymigrant which visa category did you apply for, 189 or 190? Secondly this is a bit confusing, are they saying because you applied towards the end of 2016/2017 they cannot allocate a slot from the approved numbers in this year 2017/2018 to you?

Anyone with a clearer understanding should please assist.

Na 189 o, with 2 dependents. ayam nor understanding o!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 10:30am On Jul 18, 2017
OzyMigrant:

[i][b]Dear Sir,

I think its a delay e-mail. It most probably gives an indication that your application is in its final stages. Someone once reported that, It was just a 'two week' gap between that response and his grant.

Be hopeful. You are almost there. GOD willing!

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Mama do you know anyone who is about to go Aussie whom we can get his or her? accommodation to avoid paying for agreement and commission around idimu area here in Lagos?
House: this is from my sister who asked me to blow whistle on her behalf because she's a #GMPC# member.
Hennnnn, can somebody point me to where ICT certification training could be done in the South west here( urgent please). Dem Alphadoor, AZY 123, bolaobby group.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Just got a positive assessment from EA today. After submitting two fresh career episodes because two out of the first 3 were rejected. All Glory belongs to God. Thanks to @majiouk2002 for helping out for the payment and running my episodes for plagiarism. And to everyone who has added a thing or two Here, God bless you. English test next! Getting 20 points ���

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2017
Alphadoor:
@Raretosin2000
@zoew.
whats the update on your assessment with ACS
Its been a real windy process. After 2 contacts from my CO to resend documents lost due to the site upgrade, I was told to pay $50 to convert my application to RPL last week as my degree has insufficient ICT content but I have sufficient experience. I just submitted this yesterday and my fingers are crossed.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 11:01am On Jul 18, 2017
majiouk2002:

I think its a delay e-mail. It most probably gives an indication that your application is in its final stages. Someone once reported that, It was just a 'two week' gap between that response and his grant.

Be hopeful. You are almost there. GOD willing!

Thanks mate........hope restored!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Annbabie: 11:03am On Jul 18, 2017
@cuteannie02, @amazingraze Please I need guidance on assessment as a Agricultural consultant with vetassess. I had a B. Agric in Animal Production and Health Sciences(5yrs) , worked as a poultry farm supervisor for almost 2yrs.pls can you share the job description you use for your assessment and any other info you deem necessary

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2017
ogbevireo:

Mr. this is a thread of responsible people. Proxy writing is a NO NO.

Please take your notorious trade elsewhere.

mods please take not of this guy.

What are you talking about? What do you mean by Notorious trade. Did I ask you for money?

What audacity do you have to call me names?

People I didn't know helped me, and I am ready to help too. Infact I have people that have I have helped in the same regard in the past.

Don't be rude to me young man!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omo1010: 11:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Gentle men in the house, well done for good job you are doing.

Kindly advise me on this.
Just got my IELTS result L/R/W/S=6.5,6,7,7
I intend rewriting the test but can I use the result for EA assessment.

I'm 37 with beng & msc in mechanical engineering, and my work experience as an engineer is 8yrs+

Do I stand a chance for sc189, If I get higher ielts score Ie after EA assessment? Can I get higher point from Pte if EA is done with the assessment using ielts since that's what is acceptable.

What is the current cost of assessment, and the least possible time of the assessment. Thank u
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2017
AZY123

Have you written your PTE-A exam? How did you buy your voucher.

How also was the experience.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2017
omo1010:

I'm 37 with beng & msc in mechanical engineering, and my work experience as an engineer is 8yrs+

Do I stand a chance for sc189, If I get higher ielts score Ie after EA assessment? Can I get higher point from Pte if EA is done with the assessment using ielts since that's what is acceptable.

What is the current cost of assessment, and the least possible time of the assessment. Thank u
Current cost of assessment is on EA website.
Your age I think gives 25 points,
Work experience should give 10 points, if you go for gold with your English exams you will get extra 20
points, (IELTS 8 cross band / 79+ PTE cross band)
Your assessment gives 15 points .
I recommend you download the MSA booklet and read adequately to have a clear understanding regarding your scores being used for assessment. It's a yes though but it won't hurt if you read it by yourself.
So on the average you have about 70 points ( if you get 20 for English) or 60 points ( 7 cross band for IELTS or 65 for PTE) which I believe isn't adequate cos mechanical engineering is a Pro-rata occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2017
omo1010:

current cost of assessment with a fast track is $1380 AUD (CDR, skill assessment + fast track)
I read somewhere that as a mechanical engineer the requirement now is 75 in the EOI
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2017
omo1010:

Yes, you can use that result for EA assessment. The IELTS result I used for mine was almost same as yours. All you need is 6.0 and above in all task.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 11:54am On Jul 18, 2017
spyroxy1:

What are you talking about? What do you mean by Notorious trade. Did I ask you for money?

What audacity do you have to call me names?

People I didn't know helped me, and I am ready to help too. Infact I have people that have I have helped in the same regard in the past.

Don't be rude to me young man!

It's commendable that your intention is to help people.....in fact that is what the thread is all about.

However if my interpretation of "proxy writing" is right - writing career episodes on behalf of people, then that is not "helping" but "killing" and it has no place on this thread.

CDR/CDP and similar write ups are expected to be the intellectual works of the applicants, that's why they may also be used in assessing candidates' English proficiency no matter their scores in IELTS or PTE.

Plus we also have foreigners on this thread, how do we expect them to perceive an average Nigerian youth after referencing a thread like this for cases of "proxy writing"? What if they find them selves working as COs in Australia in the future, how would they treat applications from our brothers/sisters down here?

People here are a rare breed of Nigerian youths (right from @bellong), we pride ourselves on integrity, selfless and genuine help rendering to one another.

PS; You are not responsible for how I interpreted what you wrote.........apologies if my interpretation of your comment - upon which this epistle is premised was wrong.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:54am On Jul 18, 2017
ZoeW:

Its been a real windy process. After 2 contacts from my CO to resend documents lost due to the site upgrade, I was told to pay $50 to convert my application to RPL last week as my degree has insufficient ICT content but I have sufficient experience. I just submitted this yesterday and my fingers are crossed.

Upgrade saga.. it is affecting everyone.
Sorry for the stress.
It will all end well

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
toslad:
Thanks bellong my bad!

I didn't know Unilorin Accounting is also a victim.

@wisemen045, as it is, you have to choose between ICAA and CPA when you are ready.

Sticking with CPA for now because I had initiated move to register as a member before now. I had to put it on hold when it appears I might be given an associate membership instead of full CPA. I will just go along with it for the GSM assessment. The process and waiting time is not as stressful as that of VETASSESS. Wondering what I was thinking before sef.

Thanks Toslad,Tyosho, Bellong, Disectur, Teecann, MofePR and all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
[

I qualified about the same time. You can pm me so I send what I have to you (notarised copy). I used it for my assessment with ICAA. I hope they accept it though.

[/quote]

This is so generous of you. I am interested in the syllabus please. I passed my last paper May 2008 diet. I think what you have should cover my period too. I would appreciate if you can send to me.

Is it ok to PM you?

praiseisgood, teecann
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
OzyMigrant:

It's commendable that your intention is to help people.....in fact that is what the thread is all about.

However if my interpretation of "proxy writing" is right - writing career episodes on behalf of people, then that is not "helping" but "killing" and it has no place on this thread.

CDR/CDP and similar write ups are expected to be the intellectual works of the applicants, that's why they may also be used in assessing candidates' English proficiency no matter their scores in IELTS or PTE.

Plus we also have foreigners on this thread, how do we expect them to perceive an average Nigerian youth after referencing a thread like this for cases of "proxy writing"? What if they find them selves working as COs in Australia in the future, how would they treat applications from our brothers/sisters down here?

People here are a rare breed of Nigerian youths (right from @bellong), we pride ourselves on integrity, selfless and genuine help rendering to one another.

PS; You are not responsible for how I interpreted what you wrote.........apologies if my interpretation of your comment - upon which this epistle is premised was wrong.

Thanks bro! This is well noted
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Whats CO please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
spyroxy1:

Thanks bro! This is well noted

Thank you too for not taking offence..........our country will sure be great again!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Annbabie:
@cuteannie02, @amazingraze Please I need guidance on assessment as a Agricultural consultant with vetassess. I had a B. Agric in Animal Production and Health Sciences(5yrs) , worked as a poultry farm supervisor for almost 2yrs.pls can you share the job description you use for your assessment and any other info you deem necessary

I am sorry but from my experience with VETASSESS, the role you stated "Poultry Farm supervisor" will not fly as an agricultural Consultant with them.
This is the feedback I got from them at some point;

Agricultural Consultant advises farmers, agricultural businesses, rural industries &government on the production, processing and distribution of farm products.
Highly relevant tasks may include but are not limited to:
-Visit farms to inspect crops and livestock
-May advise on production planning, financing and risk management
-Supervises and coordinates research teams,
-prepares funding applications and communicates the results of research
-Prepares policy advice and assisting in putting government policy into practice
-Collecting and analysing data and samples of produce, feed, soil and other factors affecting production
-Advises farmers and farm managers on techniques for improving the production of crops and livestock, and alternative agricultural options.

And your course of study too might not be what they want, I advise you consider Agricultural Scientist or another closely related occupation on the list.

Please know that this is my opinion and I might be wrong, so other experienced family members should add their views.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Thank you too for not taking offence..........our country will sure be great again!

I was just misconstrued. Mis use of word probably but didnt mean any harm. I ff'd and PM you, please check and ff back
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yes . wrote somtimes ago around April.

You can get your voucher from ukeas ikeja and book to write it in any center of your choice.

spyroxy1:
AZY123

Have you written your PTE-A exam? How did you buy your voucher.

How also was the experience.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
spyroxy1:

Whats CO please

C ase O fficer

The person designated to review your documents submitted for an application ..in this case such as , VISA, ASSESSMENT, REVIEW

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bros, I just hope this your opinion will not turn to reality o. nobody got invited with 60 points last round. Hopefully things will change next round.

Bnimz:
Problem with that is that many occupations will suffer for it.. Cos nobody will ever get invited with 60 points... If you sabi the kind backlog of 65 pointers in some occupations.... You go fear fear...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
What is GMPC!!!
Somebori help me please!!!

spyroxy1:

Whats CO please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omo1010: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thanks man, could u pls link me to where u read mech eng cutoff point. i dont want to waste money on ea assessment without hope
spyroxy1:

current cost of assessment with a fast track is $1380 AUD (CDR, skill assessment + fast track)
I read somewhere that as a mechanical engineer the requirement now is 75 in the EOI
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omo1010: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thanks Mike
Michaelamo:

Yes, you can use that result for EA assessment. The IELTS result I used for mine was almost same as yours. All you need is 6.0 and above in all task.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omo1010: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
I appreciate ur analysis, but i was thinking that engineers are not allowed to write pte, since ea does not have it as an option, and that my work exp should be 15 and not 10, ie 8yrs+. At worst case, do i stand a chance for state nomination ie if i couldn't hit 20 in English? i will try and go through the MSA like u suggested. Thank u so much.
Cottyekundayo:

Current cost of assessment is on EA website.
Your age I think gives 25 points,
Work experience should give 10 points, if you go for gold with your English exams you will get extra 20
points, (IELTS 8 cross band / 79+ PTE cross band)
Your assessment gives 15 points .
I recommend you download the MSA booklet and read adequately to have a clear understanding regarding your scores being used for assessment. It's a yes though but it won't hurt if you read it by yourself.
So on the average you have about 70 points ( if you get 20 for English) or 60 points ( 7 cross band for IELTS or 65 for PTE) which I believe isn't adequate cos mechanical engineering is a Pro-rata occupation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.