Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,480 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204325 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:40am On Oct 21, 2017
Congratulations!

Best wishes here on.

Omooloriredade:

Thank you Jesus. All Glory be to God.
12/05/17: Visa application
19/10/17: Grant (GSM Adelaide)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by verocharles(m): 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
Royal54 congratulations.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by folorunso9: 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello mate,
I recently got here on the same visa and would like to start the process of securing the PR asap. Please some heads up will be great. I had my HND in electronics and Electrical engineering before I proceeded to the UK for my top up degree. What will I be assessed for? I'd there any need to put forward my experience?

catchdwind4rmkd:
It's nice to know that you've done your research.

It's possible to get your PR before the 18 months elapse by simply starting off your PR application using the guides on this thread even before you leave Nigeria. You'd be making a big mistake if your sole means of PR is the hope that an employer would sponsor you.

I and few others on the thread first moved to Australia on 476, and now we are already permanent residents while few are closing in on that.
For those I knew that started the PR process asap, it took 1yr maximum, with mine being the longest so far owing to my challenge in making band 8 in English. So, fear of getting your PR before the 18 months should be the least of your worries as that completely depends on you meeting the required skilled points; there are no external factors.

Please note that the 476 visa is for only Engineering graduates of recognised universities in the accord agreements; Nigerian universities don't fall under this category. So, if you've just completed your degree in a Nigerian university, you won't be eligible unless you know a way around that. However, if your university is an eligible university, then you can apply using the steps outlined on an earlier page of this thread following the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/21#46882995

If you do not qualify for 476, and are eager to move to Australia, then you should apply straightaway for the PR 189 or 190.
You qualify for those. All you need is a minimum of 60 skilled points from your education (possible 15), age (possible 30 if you're 25 - 31yo) and English (possible 20 for band 8 ). Please do NOT ask me how to apply for PR as that's what this thread is fully committed to do. Just read the first 3 pages and you'd find all you need.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hi all, currently getting documents ready for ACS verification.. I need to get a certified payslip along with statutory declaration..can someone explain to me what they mean by the word "certfied" payslip.. Does it need to diff from my normal payslip
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
webmaster3:
Hi all, currently getting documents ready for ACS verification.. I need to get a certified payslip along with statutory declaration..can someone explain to me what they mean by the word "certfied" payslip.. Does it need to diff from my normal payslip

Got the answer..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abdullahi45: 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
After using the skilled migration calculator, i only have 50 points which
60 is the minimum i guess...... I have a toefl score of less than 90 and I am less than 24. What can I do?

What's the minimum work experience i need for the skill migration.? I
have just one year of experience... I have BSc Microbiology

Is there any assessment body that assess one results before applying for
the skilled migration.?

Abeg what's the meaning of CDR please.. And what's it about.?

Please tell me as much as i need to know Guru, wanted putting in for
student visa before but the Sch fee is too high... What do you advise?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
You're welcome mate.

You've made the right decision to pursue your PR immediately.

Because you had your bachelors degree in the UK which was most certainly for a duration of 4yrs or less, EA would assess you as an Engineering Technologist. Few friends of mine have gone this path. For EA to assess you as a Professional Engineer, you'd need a 5yr degree or a "4yr UK bachelors degree + a masters degree".

You'd get 15 points from being assessed as any of Engineering Technologist or Professional Engineer.
The critical consideration is the competitiveness of the occupation.
At the moment, Engineering technologist is not a good outcome as it's very competitive and you'd need over 70points to be sure of ITA anytime soon.
The better option would have been a Professional Electronics Engineer which I'm afraid you're unlikely to get with only a UK bachelors degree.

For this option, if you don't want to assess your experience, you must make up the points by achieving band 8 Score in your English.

You also have the option of assessing your OND through TRA.
But for this, you require at least 1yr experience in a role related to your occupation.

The better but costly option is to do both assessments (EA and TRA).
Use the TRA assessment to enter your EOI for a less competitive occupation,
but use EA assessment to claim 15 points for highest education level of bachelors degree.
Depending on your years of related experience, band 7 in English might suffice.
The friend I referred to use this option.

folorunso9:
Hello mate,
I recently got here on the same visa and would like to start the process of securing the PR asap. Please some heads up will be great. I had my HND in electronics and Electrical engineering before I proceeded to the UK for my top up degree. What will I be assessed for? I'd there any need to put forward my experience?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
hello please I was.trying to register for.the eoi, but it is telling me that I will not be considered because my profession is not certified by the Australian authority. how do I go about this.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
Congratulations to @ omooloriiredade and @ Royal54.

Thank God it all ended in praise.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
@Fatima04,

The person should go with Engineering technologist. However, he/she must be ready to hit above 70points for faster ITA.

,@Folorunso09,

I will suggest you assess as an electrical technician with TRA with your experience. A positive assessment from TRA will give you a faster ITA as an electrical technician compared to if you are given Engineering technologist.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:

but use EA assessment to claim 15 points for highest education level of bachelors degree
To go the TRA way, you don't have to assess with EA before you can claim points for highest education level.

Zany.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Folatem:

Your grant is the fastest I'v seen in recent times. Congratulations brother!
Prolivingproof:

Congratulations, may your light so shine in Aussie.

zanyzara:

Congrats. Go forth and prosper!

Zany.
fatima04:
Congrats to Royal 54, Many more blessings.
catchdwind4rmkd:
Congratulations!

Best wishes here on.

verocharles:
Royal54 congratulations.
praiseisgood:
Congratulations to @ omooloriiredade and @ Royal54.

Thank God it all ended in praise.

Thank you all , much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
Congratulations @Royal54. May the land favour you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
You're welcome mate.

You've made the right decision to pursue your PR immediately.

Because you had your bachelors degree in the UK which was most certainly for a duration of 4yrs or less, EA would assess you as an Engineering Technologist. Few friends of mine have gone this path. For EA to assess you as a Professional Engineer, you'd need a 5yr degree or a "4yr UK bachelors degree + a masters degree".

You'd get 15 points from being assessed as any of Engineering Technologist or Professional Engineer.
The critical consideration is the competitiveness of the occupation.
At the moment, Engineering technologist is not a good outcome as it's very competitive and you'd need over 70points to be sure of ITA anytime soon.
The better option would have been a Professional Electronics Engineer which I'm afraid you're unlikely to get with only a UK bachelors degree.

For this option, if you don't want to assess your experience, you must make up the points by achieving band 8 Score in your English.

You also have the option of assessing your OND through TRA.
But for this, you require at least 1yr experience in a role related to your occupation.

but use EA assessment to claim 15 points for highest education level of bachelors degree.
Depending on your years of related experience, band 7 in English might suffice.
The friend I referred to use this option.

Please what are my chances as I have an OND which I used to enter for Direct Entry into an Engineering course in a University where I eventually spent 4 years to finish? On the MSA for EA, the requirement is Bachelors of 4 years in an Australian University.

Pls I look forward to your responses?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Yahwehgbemi:

Please what are my chances as I have an OND which I used to enter for Direct Entry into an Engineering course in a University where I eventually spent 4 years to finish? On the MSA for EA, the requirement is Bachelors of 4 years in an Australian University.

What is your Engineering field?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Oz18: 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello house,

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread, every information shared matters. Please I will like to clarify few things and I'd appreciate if the gurus can help your loyal boy

Age 30
Bsc Computer science (4 years)
Years of experience 2 years
Plan to write my English test soon

1. Can I get a positive assessment for a 4 year course in Computer science with 2 years experience
2. The highest I can get is 65 points if my assessment is positive. Age(30 points), Bsc Degree(15 points), Experience(0 point). If score maximum point(20 points) in English test. What are the chances of being invited with 65 points if I nominate Computer Network and Systems Engineer.
3. What are the chances of getting state sponsorship

Just want to make sure I'm on the right pathway. Pls anyone with tips should share....thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:30am On Oct 22, 2017
Thanks Zany for the clarification.

To whom it may concern...

zanyzara:

To go the TRA way, you don't have to assess with EA before you can claim points for highest education level.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:36am On Oct 22, 2017
You're most likely to be assessed as a professional engineer since you had a 4yrs study in addition to your 2yrs OND study.
As you used the OND pathway to gain direct entry, you'd have to state that you skipped the 1yr based on recognition of your prior learning by the university. So, you need to attach both your OND and HND transcripts.

I'm certain you'd be fine as a professional engineer based on your route and years of study.
All that's left is a convincing CDR backed by well-written career episodes...
Please remember to state "Recognition of Prior Learning".

Yahwehgbemi:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:55am On Oct 22, 2017
Important

For those sending PM,
I've responded to all your PM requests but some of bounced back with delivery failure notifications.
So, if you haven't heard back from me, that's probably the reason.
However, you're better off posting your inquiries here.

At all...
I'm happy to connect with anyone outside this thread but only for networking purposes and not for the purpose of Migration inquiries.
I'm more comfortable responding to migration inquiries on the thread so that others can review my comments and make any corrections or add any omissions rather than I giving out misleading information that may have a huge impact on your progress.

Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 2:57am On Oct 22, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Important

For those sending PM,
I've responded to all your PM requests but some of bounced back with delivery failure notifications.

At all...
I'm happy to connect with anyone outside this thread but only for networking purposes and not for the purpose of Migration inquiries.
I'm more comfortable responding to migration inquiries on the thread so that others can review my comments and make any corrections or add any omissions rather than I giving out misleading information that may have a huge impact on your progress.

Cheers!

I sent you a mail, Bro.

Pls acknowledge
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:05am On Oct 22, 2017
Sup?

I thought we're already connected?

Royal54:

I sent you a mail, Bro.

Pls acknowledge
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Royal54 congrats fam
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 4:42am On Oct 22, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Sup?

I thought we're already connected?

This was prior to our conversation. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 4:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Alphadoor:
Royal54 congrats fam

Thank you Sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 5:09am On Oct 22, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
You're most likely to be assessed as a professional engineer since you had a 4yrs study in addition to your 2yrs OND study.
As you used the OND pathway to gain direct entry, you'd have to state that you skipped the 1yr based on recognition of your prior learning by the university. So, you need to attach both your OND and HND transcripts.

I'm certain you'd be fine as a professional engineer based on your route and years of study.
All that's left is a convincing CDR backed by well-written career episodes...
Please remember to state "Recognition of Prior Learning".

Now, I am relieved. Thank you for the prompt response Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by folorunso9: 5:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Thanks.

bellong:
@Fatima04,

The person should go with Engineering technologist. However, he/she must be ready to hit above 70points for faster ITA.

,@Folorunso09,

I will suggest you assess as an electrical technician with TRA with your experience. A positive assessment from TRA will give you a faster ITA as an electrical technician compared to if you are given Engineering technologist.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by folorunso9: 6:39am On Oct 22, 2017
Thanks guys,

If I'm clear, I should only access with TRA?

zanyzara:

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ejimjesus: 7:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Good morning all in the house. Please I need a sample of well written work experience and referee letter. If possible, forward to odohcasmir@gmail.com.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Important

For those sending PM,
Good day bro

I have a b.eng in elect/elect here in Nigeria and I specialized in the electronics option @ final year. It's a 5 years course. SINCE IT days and post-graduation, my career his been facing the telecommunications sector. I am able to get 20 points from English exam so I'm not claiming points for experience. And again, I will be able to write a very good cdr on the telecommunications field I have little experience on (fiber-to-the-home) or FTTH for short. So I'm nominating telecommunications network engineer which requires a professional engineer assessment from EA.

My first question is will EA assess me as a professional engineer?

Secondly, are they likely to approve my chosen employment nomination?

Thirdly, In addition to my IT experience, I have some unaccountable experience on the same field in a contracting company. Can I make reference to the companies on my cdr when writing about some projects I carried out? even though Im not including any proofs that I worked with them. (remember I'm not claiming points for experience)

Fourthly, I don't really know the difference between cdr and career episodes. But do I need to write career episodes since I'm not claiming points for experience?

Finally, when making payment on EA, am I to pay for CDR +
Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment,? or only CDR

That's all I wanted to ask you. I know it's a bit long. Hopefully others will learn from the questions here.

Thanks a lot!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Justwatch: 8:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Good morning house, pls do I send my transcript directly from my school to assessing body in Australia or I should get it myself from the school and upload. When do I need to post my documents through the courier services. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2017
ejimjesus:
Good morning all in the house. Please I need a sample of well written work experience and referee letter. If possible, forward to odohcasmir@gmail.com.

Check the page 0, what you need it there
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2017
Justwatch:
Good morning house, pls do I send my transcript directly from my school to assessing body in Australia or I should get it myself from the school and upload. When do I need to post my documents through the courier services. Thanks

It depends on the assessing body. Check their website for a first hand info on that

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.