Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204476 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2017
patani:

Okay. Can my Masters in Information Technology make ACS not to reduce my years of experience

Lol. So you have Masters in ICT and you didn't mention..o ga oh.

Also if you are asking what RPL is it means you didn't read anything on the ACS website or on this thread.
It's easier If you read up yourself, honestly..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
trastar:

Lol. So you have Masters in ICT and you didn't mention..o ga oh.

Also if you are asking what RPL is it means you didn't read anything on the ACS website or on this thread.
It's easier If you read up yourself, honestly..

lol..abi....use your MASTERS DEGREE..thats a major in IT....RPL means recognition of prior learning.please like already said, you need to read up.its some work but you gotta be hungry for info

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
Denny2017:

@Oknee,please can you send me the contact details of the registered estate valuer in the East that helped your friend valued his properties.

Send your email address.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hello house,

i have BSC (Accounting) from Olabisi Onabanjo university
I also have MSC (International Accounting and Finance )from University of birmingham -UK
I have got 5 years working experience with one of the state internal revenue service
i wish to apply as General Accountant(221111) or management accountant(221112) with either CPAA or IPA
i do NOT have ICAN or ACCA

please what are my chances of getting a positive outcome from the assessing bodies.

many thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
mikeade7:
Hello house,

i have BSC (Accounting) from Olabisi Onabanjo university
I also have MSC (International Accounting and Finance )from University of birmingham -UK
I have got 5 years working experience with one of the state internal revenue service
i wish to apply as General Accountant(221111) or management accountant(221112) with either CPAA or IPA
i do NOT have ICAN or ACCA

please what are my chances of getting a positive outcome from the assessing bodies.

many thanks

You shouldn't have any trouble getting a positive assessment as long as your degrees cover the required competency areas recognised by the assessing bodies. In my view, any gap in competency area not covered by your Undergraduate degree from OOU should have been addressed by the MSC from Birmingham.

Check link below for the competency requirements. All the accounting assessing bodies recognise and work with it.

https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment/criteria-and-requirements

So you really need not worry. Visit the websites of the assessing bodies to familiarise yourself with the other documents you need to assess and start the process. You need to demonstrate proficiency in English language to assess.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
Thank you wisemen045

i have more questions.
since i work in a state internal revenue service, 75% of my job duties is tax related but i can't apply for taxation accountant since i do not know about australian tax laws as required by the IPA and CPAA. The reference my employer will give me will mostly contain tax related job duties and i intend to base my application on general accountant or management accountant.

Can i get a declaration notarised by a notary public or affiadavit in the high court stating my duties as stated in ANZSCO job duties? will that be acceptable to the asessing authourity.? if not is there any way around this challenge.

many thanks for your response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
mikeade7:
Thank you wisemen045

i have more questions.
since i work in a state internal revenue service, 75% of my job duties is tax related but i can't apply for taxation accountant since i do not know about australian tax laws as required by the IPA and CPAA. The reference my employer will give me will mostly contain tax related job duties and i intend to base my application on general accountant or management accountant.

Can i get a declaration notarised by a notary public or affiadavit in the high court stating my duties as stated in ANZSCO job duties? will that be acceptable to the asessing authourity.? if not is there any way around this challenge.

many thanks for your response.

Your best bet is to assess as a taxation accountant since that closely aligns with your current job functions. You shouldn't worry yourself about your knowledge of Australian tax law for now. Whether you decide to assess as an Accountant (general), Management or Taxation accountant you would most likely be expected and required to be a chartered or certified member of CAANZ, CPAA or IPAA to practise in Australia. At least, that is what I have read and heard. I will summon other accountants to help with more info on this.

You can use court declaration or notarised statement containing details of your work experience but the assessing body is under no obligation to accept/consider/use it to assess you. The preponderance of the supporting documents you attach to support the court declaration and the independent findings of the assessing bodies are the determining factors. Note that you would have to state on the court declaration the reason why you could not get reference letter from your employer. You might also need to get a letter from a supervisor or colleague to support the court affidavit/declaration.

cc Tyosho, Toslad, Praiseisgood

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2017
@mikeade7,

The wiseman has stated all that is needed.

Let me just add that you can always stress more of your duties that align with general/management accountant instead of copying ANZCO job description word for word.

If you look carefully at your current duty you will discover that you do at least two thirds of what is required for a management accountant and / or general accountant. Just look at the goals of your job, the objectives of your job and you will see this.

Bid you Godspeed.

It will end in praise.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
oknee:

Send your email address.

trustworth2015@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 3:20am On Dec 13, 2017
Well done Sirs and Madams
grin I just say make I sight the room with gbejero ( corner eye) small.
Nah just Waka pass I dey now; would furnish the house with updates in the other room,as soon as my madam at the top gives me the order.lol
Merry Xmas in advance and to all those expecting it shall come to pass if you believe. May God of grants continue to bless us on this forum.....
Signed
Lalaazo

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 7:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Thank you @praiseisgood and @wisemen045 for you responses.

Please can you share the source of good study materials for pearson test of english(Academic) and also i have tried calculating the total point achievable by me. can a total point of 70 0r 75 get me ITA as a general accountant?

thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zinger15: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Please i really need someone to answer my question. I am worried about getting a positive assessment because my first degree differs from my profession. Studied public administration for first degree but I have been in journalism a little over 5 years now, the only work I have ever done is as a journalist. Are there any other journalists here please? Would really live a response. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:15am On Dec 13, 2017
9th November draw result here.

70 seems the minimum point for ITA sad sad sad

The competition is getting crazy shocked shocked shocked

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2017
@EA folks.

Important message: Fast Track Service Christmas Shutdown Delay

Please note: Fast Track Applications lodged between 3rd December 2017 and 31st January 2018 will be affected by the End of Year shutdown period and may take longer than the advertised 15 working days to reach an assessing case officer. We are expecting to be back on track with our advertised turnaround period from 1st February 2018.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 9:26am On Dec 13, 2017
mikeade7:
Thank you @praiseisgood and @wisemen045 for you responses.

Please can you share the source of good study materials for pearson test of english(Academic) and also i have tried calculating the total point achievable by me. can a total point of 70 0r 75 get me ITA as a general accountant?

thanks

I have not taken PTE. There are tonnes of free material on the internet to help you prepare. Loads of people have aced PTE on this thread. You are in good hands.

When you are done preparing you could contact spyroxy1 for mock test kit. I have read here this helps gauge one's level of preparation and identify areas of weaknesses to improve on. Majiouk sells PTE exam vouchers. I read he is reliable.

Post below from another nairalander on this thread would also be beneficial to you.

Some guys on this forum (jamson and some other guy) said that one should watch all Youtube videos by navjot brar. The teacher is an Indian woman with a heavy accent but don't let that worry you. Just pay attention to what she says and practise them. Omo you go blast PTE
. Her videos worked for me big time.
Here are some links where she gave tips on how to pass the Speaking module because that's the part that is generally most problematic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzKDVbTCHw&t=62s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ZX6jySeEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zoigeFjlB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KjrUGfkLY

Then download and use this PTE practice software to give you an experience of the real deal.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrxfb23yh2jubz0/AACqQqja5SXpPfZkhvozNTyqa?dl=0

For the PTE Academic create your account here
http://pearsonpte.com/book/

Then purchase a voucher to schedule the test. I got it in April for 52k, it's probably still the same amount.

You can call UKEAS Abuja +2348055150744, Ikenna to purchase the voucher

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2017
zanyzara:

Zany.

Crazy indeed!

Accountant and auditor still at 75! This point no dey drop? This is discouraging.

At times I wonder if it is a crime to be an accountant/auditor.

Back to my IELTS practice abeg.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mannimakerjnr: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2017
zanyzara:

Zany.

Do you ever think the engineering professionals is going to drop? And I wonder, why so little a number (just 700+). Will it increase in the short term? The gurus who have been following this should please encourage us.

thanks much..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2017
DIBP has corrected the erroneous November 9 result.

http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/9-november-invitation-rounds.aspx

Why is SkillSelect More Competitive in 2017-18?
https://www.acacia-au.com/skillselect-more-competitive-2017-18.php

@zanyzara no be small crazy oooo

I think the EOI should also be turned into a paid service like $10 to $20 to deter EOI spammers just like new zealand

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 13, 2017
Alphadoor:
DIBP has corrected the erroneous November 9 result.

http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/9-november-invitation-rounds.aspx

Why is SkillSelect More Competitive in 2017-18?
https://www.acacia-au.com/skillselect-more-competitive-2017-18.php

@zanyzara no be small crazy oooo

I think the EOI should also be turned into a paid service like $10 to $20 to deter EOI spammers just like new zealand

n.a. wa...its well
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
zanyzara:
@EA folks.

Important message: Fast Track Service Christmas Shutdown Delay

Please note: Fast Track Applications lodged between 3rd December 2017 and 31st January 2018 will be affected by the End of Year shutdown period and may take longer than the advertised 15 working days to reach an assessing case officer. We are expecting to be back on track with our advertised turnaround period from 1st February 2018.

Zany.

Good info they put out there in other to buy themselves time, those people do not sleep or go on break.
My student visa Denial came on 30th of December. (A period when they made it clear that they're on break grin)

Well..it's good to keep the house UpD.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
Thanks @wisemen045 for your reply

please do you know if any accountant here got a positive outcome from their assessmment based on their BSC Accounting qualification only.I need my wife to get me some points and she has BSC Accounting from Olabisi onabanjo university + 6 years work experience.

thanks for your reply
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
mikeade7:
Thanks @wisemen045 for your reply

please do you know if any accountant here got a positive outcome from their assessmment based on their BSC Accounting qualification only.I need my wife to get me some points and she has BSC Accounting from Olabisi onabanjo university + 6 years work experience.

thanks for your reply

Praiseisgood had both his degree and ACA assessed as equivalent to Australian degree separately and on their own merit.

Toslad I think graduated from OOU and had no issues with CAANZ.

The key is to support your application with course syllabus, transcript and any other requirements listed on the applicable website.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
oknee:

Send your email address.
@Oknee, am still waiting for the contact. I have sent you an email,Please reply.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kooledge: 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
trastar:

189, you don't need POF
190, it depends on the state sponsoring you..
pls which state requires POF and which ones dont ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yummyk: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
I just saw this forum today and I did read few of the first pages. I want to apply for permanent residence I'm Australia through skilled migration because I have visited and stay for 6 months in Australia and I can say is the place to live.

I graduated from Lead City university with a B.Sc Economic and I have 4 years of work experience as an INTERNAL AUDITOR, I don't have any other professional qualification thou. Also my I have 6.5 as my ielts band score.I am 38 year already and my brother is a citizen of Australia.
I have my employment and recommendations letter ready and few of my pay slips. Please

What is my chance and do I need to re write my English exam?
What other documents do I need too include an how do I go about it

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
Denny2017:

@Oknee, am still waiting for the contact.
I have sent you an email,Please reply.
Use oknee22@gmail.com. i don't have access to my nairaland email.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MofePR: 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
yummyk:
I just saw this forum today and I did read few of the first pages. I want to apply for permanent residence I'm Australia through skilled migration because I have visited and stay for 6 months in Australia and I can say is the place to live.

I graduated from Lead City university with a B.Sc Economic and I have 4 years of work experience as an INTERNAL AUDITOR, I don't have any other professional qualification thou. Also my I have 6.5 as my ielts band score.I am 38 year already and my brother is a citizen of Australia.
I have my employment and recommendations letter ready and few of my pay slips. Please

What is my chance and do I need to re write my English exam?
What other documents do I need too include an how do I go about it

Thanks

The point score for inviting auditors is currently 75. Visit link below to estimate how much points you have with your current data. You might just have a shot at 190 ITA if you have superior English and claim partner point.

Are you married? Can your wife assess and have at least competent English?

You are stuck with VETASSESS as a non accounting degree holder as an internal auditor. Hope your university is a tier 1?

What other work experience do you have?

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/the-points-table.aspx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ubomm: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello House,

I have been following people's testimonies and I am about taking a step of faith.

I am about submitting my documents to VETASSESS for assessment as Internal Auditor. However, I am wondering if I stand a better chance for positive assessment based on my profile below:

1. Bsc Economics 2008 (Ambrose Alli University)
2. 5 years experience as internal Auditor in 1 public quoted company and 1 multinational
3. 3 years experience in 2 multinationals as Senior Tax Manager
4. ICAN, CITN, CIS and CIMA Advance Diploma
5. I recently acquired MSc from the UK, I am wondering if that will impact my assessment if I choose to use it?.

House you input please. Advise and guide a brother

MofePR:

The point score for inviting auditors is currently 75. Visit link below to estimate how much points you have with your current data. You might just have a shot at 190 ITA if you have superior English and claim partner point.

You are stuck with VETASSESS as a non accounting degree holder as an internal auditor. Hope your university is a tier 1?

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/the-points-table.aspx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ubomm: 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello House,

I have been following people's testimonies and I am about taking a step of faith.

I am about submitting my documents to VETASSESS for assessment as Internal Auditor. However, I am wondering if I stand a chance for positive assessment based on my profile below:

1. Bsc Economics 2008 (Ambrose Alli University)
2. 5 years experience as internal Auditor in 1 public quoted company and 1 multinational
3. 3 years experience in 2 multinationals as Senior Tax Manager
4. ICAN, CITN, CIS and CIMA Advance Diploma
5. I recently acquired MSc from the UK, I am wondering if that will impact my assessment if I choose to use it?.

House you input please. Advise and guide a brother
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 12:30am On Dec 14, 2017
@Toslad
Please did you use submit Accounting syllabus from OOU for your Assessment.If yes How did you go about geting it from the university.i might need to get one.

thank you for your response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2017
Sorry I am just seeing your questions/comments. Good thing wisemen and praiseisgood have given you all you need. I just read that your wife is an accountant too. Please shoot and gather all points necessary. As per syllabus from OOU, yes I did but praiseisgood said he used statutory declaration and he scaled the hurdle so you may not need to go through the stress of getting the school's syllabus.

I would personally advise you assess as tax accountant as I am not sure there are many people on that queue. If you go the route of General Accountant, you may wait a long while except you do an assessment for your wife too (this I strongly advise).

There are loads of materials for PTE and you may get practice kit from peeps on this thread too. Please give it your all. I saw your PM and I hope my reply gets to you.

By the way, when did you finish from OOU - I have notarised syllabus just in case it will be useful for you but you also have MSC from a foreign school. I feel all these put you in good standing. Bros, please gather all you have and shoot immediately.

We need good news for Accountants (whichever field) cos it has really been a while.

God's best and good speed.

mikeade7:
@Toslad
Please did you use submit Accounting syllabus from OOU for your Assessment.If yes How did you go about geting it from the university.i might need to get one.

thank you for your response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yummyk: 1:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
[quote author=MofePR post=63259841]

[/quaote]

Thanks @ MofePR, I have checked the link and my score is about 60 I guess I have to write another English exam.
As for the other experience , I only have few months of work experience I. Marketing so it won't make much difference . Im also a woman and my husband is already 45 years.

Thank you .

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.