Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204477 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
@toslad,thanks for your response.

I would have gone through Taxation Accountant route but all the assessing Authourties stated that tax Accountants should supply completed studies in Australian Tax law. I really don't know what that means. Thats why i opted for the general Accountants route.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
@ wisemen045

I downloaded the PTE practice software but it won't opening.Please advise on how to go about it.

many thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
wisemen045:

Then download and use this PTE practice software to give you an experience of the real deal.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrxfb23yh2jubz0/AACqQqja5SXpPfZkhvozNTyqa?dl=0

For the PTE Academic create your account here
http://pearsonpte.com/book/
[/i]

Kindly provide the password to be able to download the software.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by attention007(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2017
Fizzywah:

please drop the pass here so that prospective migrants can download it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Good info they put out there in other to buy themselves time, those people do not sleep or go on break.
My student visa Denial came on 30th of December. (A period when they made it clear that they're on break grin)

Well..it's good to keep the house UpD.

errmm...its dibp that refused the student visa application not EA(engrs australia)...no confuse people
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2017
kooledge:

pls which state requires POF and which ones dont ?

I think SA, Victoria and NSW doesn't.
I know NT does.

However, there are 7 states, not all will sponsor your occupation, so I'd advise you check each state one by one.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikeade7: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
@praiseisgood

how do i go about getting a statutory declaration for my Bsc Accounting syllabus.better still, can i see the one you have to get an idea of what to do?

many thanks for your response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MofePR: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
[quote author=yummyk post=63275836][/quote

@yummyk

You could also consider the 489 Provional visa route especially the invited pathway provided your brother is willing to nominate/invite you.

Read and research more on this.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

Features

This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia for up to four years.

There are three pathways to the visa:
the Extended stay pathway
the Invited pathway
the Subsequent entry pathway
This visa might lead to the permanent Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887).
Eligibility

You must

hold a subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 visa (Extended Stay pathway)
be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative (Invited pathway)
be invited to apply (Invited pathway)
have a relevant occupation
have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
meet the points test pass mark of 60 points
be under 45 years of age at time of invitation
have Competent English.
Length of stay
Up to four years

Cost
From AUD 3,670
Information about the 1 July 2017 changes is available. See 1 July 2017 changes to skilled visa programmes.

The Invited Pathway

If you are applying via the invited pathway, submit an expression of interest (EOI) via Skillselect with details of your nominated occupation, skills and qualifications and whether you will be sponsored by a family member or wish to be nominated by an Australian state or territory. SkillSelect will estimate a points score. If you score high enough:
you will be invited to apply for the visa if you are sponsored by a relative,
Australian state and territory government agencies will be able to view your EOI and decide if they want to nominate you. If you are nominated, you will be invited to apply for the visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MofePR: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2017
Ubomm:
Hello House,

I have been following people's testimonies and I am about taking a step of faith.

I am about submitting my documents to VETASSESS for assessment as Internal Auditor. However, I am wondering if I stand a better chance for positive assessment based on my profile below:

1. Bsc Economics 2008 (Ambrose Alli University)
2. 5 years experience as internal Auditor in 1 public quoted company and 1 multinational
3. 3 years experience in 2 multinationals as Senior Tax Manager
4. ICAN, CITN, CIS and CIMA Advance Diploma
5. I recently acquired MSc from the UK, I am wondering if that will impact my assessment if I choose to use it?.

House you input please. Advise and guide a brother

I am not sure Ambrose Alli University is a tier 1 university. The implication is that VETASSESS would most likely recognise your degree in Economics as equivalent to Australian Associate Degree. This would land you 10 points as against 15 points for Australian degree and it would impact your assessment negatively because the educational requirement for internal audit occupation is a "full" degree.

In my opinion you have no business with VETASSESS.

With your ACA and CITN you however stand a good chance of getting a positive assessment if you assess as an external auditor with any of CPA AUSTRALIA, IPA and CAANZ. Both occupations are quite similar. I am pretty sure you already carry out about 70-80% of the job functions of an external auditor. All things being equal you should have a positive assessment. And you have 5 years experience in internal audit already as against 3 years in tax, which gives you a slight edge.

Your Msc earns you no extra point but it could help with your assessment especially if it is in accounting and it addresses the gaps in competency areas in your undergraduate degree.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MofePR: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2017
mikeade7:
@ wisemen045

I downloaded the PTE practice software but it won't opening.Please advise on how to go about it.

many thanks

Fizzywah:

Vinsmuft I think posted the original post wisemen045 posted containing the PTE practice software. You may contact him for the password or access code.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 8:17am On Dec 15, 2017
SallyAUS:

Hi this is where GOD surprised me While I was waiting for my naija transcript to travel and reach vetasses. I had applied with what i had my Msc in Construction Project Management (UK) and it was more than enough. Apparently, with Vetasses A Masters degree in the Nominated occupation esp CPM or Project builder is more than enough...

for experience ideally you must have at least more than a year. because if eg you submit with 2 years experience vetasses will remove one year and your positive outcome year will be least a year some times even more... it can be positive outcome experience 10 months. I hope you understand

Hello ma'am,

A big congrats to you!

Actually, I'm sending in my documents for assessment with vetassess next year, and I will be assessing for 8+years experience. Now, why would vetassess slash the years of experience by one? Is it that there is something they look out for or there's an information one needs to provide or is it their thing to slash years of experience??

I'm a Civil/Structural Engineer, assessing as civil engineering draftsperson.

Mind a PM?

Many thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 8:48am On Dec 15, 2017
zanyzara:
@EA folks.

Important message: Fast Track Service Christmas Shutdown Delay

Please note: Fast Track Applications lodged between 3rd December 2017 and 31st January 2018 will be affected by the End of Year shutdown period and may take longer than the advertised 15 working days to reach an assessing case officer. We are expecting to be back on track with our advertised turnaround period from 1st February 2018.

Zany.

Please can I still submit my application within this period? My tax certificate will expire on Dec 31, and I'm all set to submit.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Please can I still submit my application within this period? My tax certificate will expire on Dec 31, and I'm all set to submit.
Yes you can. The notice just mean it will take longer to get to an assessor, not the usual 15days.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
zanyzara:

Yes you can. The notice just mean it will take longer to get to an assessor, not the usual 15days.

Zany.

Well done ! Your 'admin' job here is well recognised and so you deserve a gold statue in Imo.

Mama niyen wink

Spyroxy1

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
One of the very reason for all the delays we have been experiencing.
They may say it's system blah blah, but this is what has been on their minds.
Their response in comment box was not good, fire off and delay not.

1st July 2018, we may hear their mind first hand. cry

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
On my way to Aussie, see wetin British Council did to me(In falzthebadguy’s voice).

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
koleefem05:
On my way to Aussie, see wetin British Council did to me(In falzthebadguy’s voice).
Ahhh!!! Wickedness of the highest order. Are you remarking?

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
mannimakerjnr:
Do you ever think the engineering professionals is going to drop? And I wonder, why so little a number (just 700+). Will it increase in the short term? The gurus who have been following this should please encourage us.

thanks much..
Due to inconsistencies of DIBP in releasing result and draw caps, one can hardly project. However, if you can increase your point the faster the ITA.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 12:10am On Dec 16, 2017
koleefem05:
zanyzara:
Ahhh!!! Wickedness of the highest order. Are you remarking?

Zany.

So sorry about that but I think even with a request for remarking, the listening will still be 7.5. I don't think it makes any sense wasting your precious 15k.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettysussie: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2017
koleefem05:

IELTS do me wayo....LRWS 8.5, 9, 6.5,8

To request a remark from MOD na 46k. wetin I go do now?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 16, 2017
prettysussie:

Chai!!! This one na serious wickedness. This convinced me more that these people are in for serious extortion.
I’ll still suggest you request for a remark anyway. Booking another IELTS will cost much more than remarking. And how are you even sure you’ll get better scores if you rewrite.

@Zany....wetin man pikin go do na. Listening won’t change even if others do.

@Royal54...my thoughts exactly.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:55am On Dec 16, 2017
Prettysussie and koleefem05 don't mind IELTS oh. Sorry about the karashika ways they are using now.
I'll advocate you don't rest, if you must remark please pick it up fast, if there's enough cash push PTE-A at the same time. It shall be well.
Please, where is chief Bellong all these while?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Horticulturist: 6:54am On Dec 16, 2017
prettysussie:

Kindly remark.....hian.

Since its writing which is quite subjective. Chances are it would move up significantly......Pele

Impressive result by the way

btw...remark costs 15k

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Horticulturist: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2017
koleefem05:

Aaaaw.... dis result is not bad dear....u may try it with the canny immigration.

Pele

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 16, 2017
koleefem05:
Chai!!! This one na serious wickedness. This convinced me more that these people are in for serious extortion.
I’ll still suggest you request for a remark anyway. Booking another IELTS will cost much more than remarking. And how are you even sure you’ll get better scores if you rewrite.

is it your writting that is 6.5?...please ask for remark.your scores must change.i have a friend that his result for speaking changed from 6.5 to 8...a whole 1.5 points...another band bumped up by 0.5.
it will only take some time but it's worth it.while you wait you can study for PTE and write the exam...dont give up.those high scores make alot of difference
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2017
Royal54:

So sorry about that but I think even with a request for remarking, the listening will still be 7.5. I don't think it makes any sense wasting your precious 15k.

@ Royal54, I have seen reading and listening scores change after 10 weeks of waiting.

In my own case, I requested for only writing and Speaking, and got an increase in speaking only, from 6.5 to 7.5.

I just got my 15k back 2 days ago.

My colleagues had 7 in all modules and went for a remark as well, it came back 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 8.0 for LRWS.

With his scores, I believe his writing is not that bad, just wicked Nija examiners milking us.

Rmark is done by senior examiners in London.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:37am On Dec 16, 2017
koleefem05:

I have read a case where listening also changed. If not for luxury of time that you might not have, I would have suggested remark in the 3. If one of them changes you will get your refund.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Wiseoldman: 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2017
mamajaz:
Prettysussie and koleefem05 don't mind IELTS oh. Sorry about the karashika ways they are using now.
I'll advocate you don't rest, if you must remark please pick it up fast, if there's enough cash push PTE-A at the same time. It shall be well.
Please, where is chief Bellong all these while?

I asked on another forum, if the IELTS mark can come lower after remark, they said no. But just to confirm, have we heard f anytime the Ielts result came back lower after remark?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hi EveryoneI just want to thank all contributors to this great thread.
I just got an invitation to apply for 489 visa via the invites pathway for SA but my problem is how to pay for the visa.
Is there a way I can pay from Naija which is cost effective and what options have I got.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
Justtobor:
Hi EveryoneI just want to thank all contributors to this great thread.
I just got an invitation to apply for 489 visa via the invites pathway for SA but my problem is how to pay for the visa.
Is there a way I can pay from Naija which is cost effective and what options have I got.
Thanks
Congrats!!! If you are not paying above $5,000, you can use Access bank MasterCard as their limit has just been increased to $5,000.
If you are paying above that, you have to use a dollar card and fund it through black market or find someone who can help you pay in Australia.

Zany.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.