Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,534 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208741 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
charaph:

If I dont need agent can you tell what it will take to make this happen.

read broda... read

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
hsim247:
Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Same here, lets link up.. I ve sent you a pm

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
charaph:

If I dont need agent can you tell what it will take to make this happen.
Lol, see sense
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elope: 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
teewhysafe:
Thank you so much. I'm the spouse...not the friend in question and he is not a nairalander. I wil be handling all d applications while he privides the required documents to aid d process. So I wil definitely be asking more questions on his behalf grin

We want to elope so we need the visa to be granted before any noise making is done. Lol

Thanks bellong

hahaha. we r in same shoes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elope: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
please i want to find out. my spouse has a certification in database adminiatration from oracle which is on csol. his job description is closely related to database administration even though it is not. is it.possible to go for database administration?
gurus in the house... please help a friend...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
hsim247:

Electrical/Electronics Engineering

I advise you to ask openly here for relevant CDR to your occupation. Mine, however, won't help you as different competencies are required. However, if you insist, then you should contact @Malkinburg as I've clearly acknowledged/referenced him.

This thread is followed by people from different occupations. It's far more helpful to make an open request regarding your specific case than request for generic materials. Someone will definitely contact you with helpful materials on your field.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malele(m): 7:43am On Oct 20, 2016
Special thanks to all the gurus in the house.
@bellong u too much it's not easy to do what ur doing in this particular travel forum.

My question goes, apart from 1025 aus $ one pays for assessment, is there any other fee one will pay.
I have read to page 35 I have not see any information on visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2016
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

Scroll down to see estimate the cost of your visa.

malele:
@bellong u too much it's not easy to do what ur doing in this particular travel forum.

My question goes, apart from 1025 aus $ one pays for assessment, is there any other fee one will pay.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2016
malele:

visa is 3,600 AUD for a single applicant
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2016
Hello
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

I advise you to ask openly here for relevant CDR to your occupation. Mine, however, won't help you as different competencies are required. However, if you insist, then you should contact @Malkinburg as I've clearly acknowledged/referenced him.

This thread is followed by people from different occupations. It's far more helpful to make an open request regarding your specific case than request for generic materials. Someone will definitely contact you with helpful materials on your field.

Well, yeah you are right to an extent. However, when people ask for your CDR, it is not necessarily because they want to lift the contents. What is most important is the structure. Regardless of your engineering discipline, EA is looking for something in your reports; and that is what is outlined in your summary statements and people can gain insight from how you have structured yours to receive a positive outcome.

If anyone is naive enough to do 'copy and paste' (or paraphrase your work at best), then it's at their own peril and not yours, thank God you have scaled the hurdle.

hsim247 and others who needs samples, there are lots all over the internet for your guidance(not for copy and paste else you'd regret it)

google cdr scribd dot com

To sum up, your 'Holy Grail' on this CDR thingy is the EA's booklet
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lohlu(m): 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
HELLO, HI, I NEED ADVICE OR TEMPLATE ON HOW I SHOULD PROCEED WITH MY CDR, I STUDIED MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
jamson:

Well, yeah you are right to an extent. However, when people ask for your CDR, it is not necessarily because they want to lift the contents. What is most important is the structure. Regardless of your engineering discipline, EA is looking for something in your reports; and that is what is outlined in your summary statements and people can gain insight from how you have structured yours to receive a positive outcome.

If anyone is naive enough to do 'copy and paste' (or paraphrase your work at best), then it's at their own peril and not yours, thank God you have scaled the hurdle.

hsim247 and others who needs samples, there are lots all over the internet for your guidance(not for copy and paste else you'd regret it)

google cdr scribd dot com

To sum up, your 'Holy Grail' on this CDR thingy is the EA's booklet

Thanks for this, but I think you missed my point. I'm not concerned about plagiarism, that's for you to decide. So, let me clarify.

There are thousands of good people following this thread who are willing to help one another, and in fact, my post clearly stated that I got help here myself.
And the main purpose of being part of this thread is to get RELEVANT HELP to your specific need. My point is, why do you need generic materials or why do you want to download tens of materials over the Internet, when you can as well OPENLY request here and get it. There's nothing bad in getting help with your work; it's called "mentorship" or "buddying" or "shadowing" depending on the case.

Talking about the MSA Booklet, i checked it myself and it's quite confusing. So, referring to CDRs that have received positive outcomes is unarguably advisable. I'm not saying, however, that you can't complete it by just referring to the booklet. But I think it gives you confidence that you're doing it right first time.

I think you need to look at other migration forums to see different cases. For instance, on expatforum.com, a civil engineer submitted his CDR and claims he followed the same formats with three friends who all got positive outcomes but his Co contacted him requesting for a number of civil engineering competencies which he failed to address in his reports. And, boy, they're really scary details. The point is, it was only then, he was not openly requesting for help from experienced civil engineers in the forum. Using generic samples are good, but not better than using samples that relates to your case.

To summarise here, I said "if you insist". So, I don't really see any cause for alarm. I've sent the CDR to many already, and I'm still answering questions to help some clarify their doubts. I'll be happy to help any in my field.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 7:15am On Oct 21, 2016
Someone should please help me out with PTE-A practice materials or any Idea on where I can practice them online with same examination conditions.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:16am On Oct 21, 2016
diggy4real:
Someone should please help me out with PTE-A practice materials or any Idea on where I can practice them online with same examination conditions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OCs-sEequQeXhDbEdVaThfM3c/view?usp=sharing

also watch this youtube videos and the related ones from same tutor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVfEY_emTw

Best wishes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 9:18am On Oct 21, 2016
diggy4real:

There's a complete mock test available on PTE website after you register for the exam.

In addition, google/youtube for speaking & listening tips/video examples.

Check
http://ieltsonlinetest..com/2014/12/ielts-writing-task-2-how-to-write-at-9.html?m=1
for writing guide.

It's labelled IELTS, but still aplicable for PTE.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 10:20am On Oct 21, 2016
jukeblam:

There's a complete mock test available on PTE website after you register for the exam.

In addition, google/youtube for speaking & listening tips/video examples.

Check
http://ieltsonlinetest..com/2014/12/ielts-writing-task-2-how-to-write-at-9.html?m=1
for writing guide.

It's labelled IELTS, but still aplicable for PTE.
@jukeblam....please I sent you a mail.. Pls kindly check your mail box... Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2016
jamson:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OCs-sEequQeXhDbEdVaThfM3c/view?usp=sharing

also watch this youtube videos and the related ones from same tutor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVfEY_emTw

Best wishes

Thanks Sir, gone through them and I just need to practice variety of questions on what I have learnt with that PTE-A's stipulated time for each of sections.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2016
diggy4real:

Thanks Sir, gone through them and I just need to practice variety of questions on what I have learnt with that PTE-A's stipulated time for each of the sections.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 4:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ibiyemiara:
Work on your reference letter and nominate Telecom engineer. Most Telecom engineering jobs in Nigeria matches Telecom engineer requirements in Australia except a rigger.
I also nominated Telecom network engineer.

Please I sent you a Pm. I'll be awaiting your response. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nnamxxx(m): 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Thanks for this, but I think you missed my point. I'm not concerned about plagiarism, that's for you to decide. So, let me clarify.

There are thousands of good people following this thread who are willing to help one another, and in fact, my post clearly stated that I got help here myself.
And the main purpose of being part of this thread is to get RELEVANT HELP to your specific need. My point is, why do you need generic materials or why do you want to download tens of materials over the Internet, when you can as well OPENLY request here and get it. There's nothing bad in getting help with your work; it's called "mentorship" or "buddying" or "shadowing" depending on the case.

Talking about the MSA Booklet, i checked it myself and it's quite confusing. So, referring to CDRs that have received positive outcomes is unarguably advisable. I'm not saying, however, that you can't complete it by just referring to the booklet. But I think it gives you confidence that you're doing it right first time.

I think you need to look at other migration forums to see different cases. For instance, on expatforum.com, a civil engineer submitted his CDR and claims he followed the same formats with three friends who all got positive outcomes but his Co contacted him requesting for a number of civil engineering competencies which he failed to address in his reports. And, boy, they're really scary details. The point is, it was only then, he was not openly requesting for help from experienced civil engineers in the forum. Using generic samples are good, but not better than using samples that relates to your case.

To summarise here, I said "if you insist". So, I don't really see any cause for alarm. I've sent the CDR to many already, and I'm still answering questions to help some clarify their doubts. I'll be happy to help any in my field.

Please can you send my a copy of your CDR so as to help me complete mine. My field is electrical engineering with 8 yea experience. My email id is njokunnamdi@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
Bnimz please how did u manage to pay for ur EA assessment?..thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
@catchdwind4rmkd, I am nominating Chemical Engineering as my occupation. Could you please send me the sample of your own CDR to me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:03am On Oct 22, 2016
chebyshev:
@catchdwind4rmkd, I am nominating Chemical Engineering as my occupation. Could you please send me the sample of your own CDR to me at . Thanks

Acknowledged.
Pls edit ur post and remove your email info.
We are already connected via the pm you sent me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:57am On Oct 22, 2016
nnamxxx:

Please can you send my a copy of your CDR so as to help me complete mine. My field is electrical engineering with 8 yea experience. My email id is

Acknowledged.
We're already connected.
You can remove your email address.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2016
@catchdwind4rmkd,

I have done that .kindly delete your own quote aswell so that my email can be removed permanently from this thread.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
This might be a stale news already but I just came across it. I think this is good news for Accountants! cheesy

Occupational ceiling moved from 2525 in 2015/2016 to 4,777 in 2016/2017, the biggest increase in percentage terms for 2016-17. The ceiling for auditors has also increased by 41% to 1,413 places.

https://www.acacia-au.com/occupational-ceilings-announced-for-2016-17.php

Compare with this https://www.acacia-au.com/2015-16-occupational-ceilings-announced.php

The quotation below inspires hope;

"Both of these occupations were filled in the 2015-16 program year, and accountants needed a score of 70 points for an EOI invitation for subclass 189 for most of the year. As a result, we expect the minimum score to reduce for accountants - possibly back to 60 - for at least part of the program year."

cc: kubbiebrownie, Bimpsy99

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
Occupations on the Supplementary Skilled List and Special Conditions Apply are available if you meet all requirements under one of the following categories:
I am an international graduate of South Australia.
I have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia for the last 12 months.
I have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia for 12 months or more.
I have high points.
Does it mean if I meet ALL requirements under the bolded I can continue my application?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
[quote author=ajiifixing post=5042781

Does it mean if I meet ALL requirements under the bolded I can continue my application?
[/quote]

Any of the listed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jimcollins136: 6:09am On Oct 24, 2016
I want to assess with VETASSES, but my employer says they don't issue immigration letter. Can i go for a self statutory declaration since my other colleagues are also hesitant to do same.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 6:16am On Oct 24, 2016
Hi all, i am glad to finally make this post. The migration journey for me just ended. God has been EXTREMELY gracious to me. landing in this country with a little less than 1000 dollars in February last year, i have successfully graduated in my masters program, obtained a professional job as an environmental consultant while still on bridging visa, and achieved what i couldn't achieve in Nigeria in 5 years all within a stretch of 20 months. i am grateful to the guidance of so many people on this thread. ie Zenkel who showed me how to arrive australia through malaysia on a shoe string budget of 150k, Boss jennakry who enlightened me on opportunities i never knew existed and others who helped and encouraged me on the journey. i will settle down and summarize some important key information yet to be shared on this forum that will help enable new arrivals find a professional job, and also 476 visa holders looking for extra 5 points on what to do to dodge the english bedrock while drilling through to permanent residence. i will also like to encourage others going through a lot of pain and doubting their decisions especially those who came via school route with their partners, it can only get better, don't loose hope. stay focused, the light awaits you at the end of the tunnel.

grant: 24.10.16

20 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 6:28am On Oct 24, 2016
malkinburg:
Hi all, i am glad to finally make this post. The migration journey for me just ended. God has been EXTREMELY gracious to me. landing in this country with a little less than 1000 dollars in February last year, i have successfully graduated in my masters program, obtained a professional job as an environmental consultant while still on bridging visa, and achieved what i couldn't achieve in Nigeria in 5 years all within a stretch of 20 months. i am grateful to the guidance of so many people on this thread. ie Zenkel who showed me how to arrive australia through malaysia on a shoe string budget of 150k, Boss jennakry who enlightened me on opportunities i never knew existed and others who helped and encouraged me on the journey. i will settle down and summarize some important key information yet to be shared on this forum that will help enable new arrivals find a professional job, and also 476 visa holders looking for extra 5 points on what to do to dodge the english bedrock while drilling through to permanent residence. i will also like to encourage others going through a lot of pain and doubting their decisions especially those who came via school route with their partners, it can only get better, don't loose hope. stay focused, the light awaits you at the end of the tunnel.

grant: 24.10.16

Woh! .. Great to have you back.
Its been a while from when you lodged your visa till the grant, and i ve noticed it in one or two cases.,, What do you think normally causes such delay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.