Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc (1990 Views)

Biafra: US Lawyers To File Charges Against Buhari, Buratai At ICC / AGF, EFCC Head For Showdown Over High-profile Case Files / Police AIG Summons Case Files Of Man Who Named His Dog ‘Buhari’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by RICHIFA14(m): 8:55am On Apr 17, 2016
8 case files opened against Nigeria at ICC
Apr 14 2016

Eight cases of human rights abuses are pending against Nigeria at the International Criminal Court at the Hague.
A delegation from the office of Madame Fatou Bensouda, the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague was in Abuja on Wednesday in connection with the cases. The delegation intended to investigate them as part of the assessment of the Nigerian situation.
Six of the alleged cases were committed by the Boko Haram sect while the remaining two are by the Nigerian Armed Forces.
It was not clear whether a recent filing by the Islamic Movement of Nigeria alleging the genocide of Nigeria’s military against its defenceless members, was among.

Minister of Justice and attorney-general, Abubakar Malami during a meeting with the ICC delegation, expressed the Nigerian government’s commitment to upholding the highest standards of human rights, including during counter insurgency operations in the country.
In a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Salihu Isah, the minister assured the delegation that Nigeria had high value for its relationship with the ICC.
Malami said that the Nigerian Army has conducted its operations in the North East region of the country in a highly professional manner, imbibing best practices in the areas of international human rights.
He also said that he was aware of the eight case files against Nigeria.
He insisted that Nigeria had the prerogative rights in handling the alleged crimes referred to in the prosecutor’s 2015 report of activities in the country.
“Let me reiterate that Nigeria retains the sovereign capacity to investigate and punish the alleged crimes referred to in the report and will therefore continue present efforts in the above direction.’’
He however solicited the support and understanding of ICC and the international community especially in regards to the conduct of the affairs of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Responding, the leader of delegation, Mr. Phakiso Choko, said that the prosecutor did not intend to compromise the sovereign rights of Nigeria in investigating crimes and meting out punishment.
He said that most cases referred to the ICC were the ones host nations were unable to resolve through internal mechanism.
The prosecutor, through the delegation expressed support and willingness to work with Nigeria in addressing all identified crimes and criminality against humanity.
Source: www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by EzeNri(m): 9:21am On Apr 17, 2016
I hope the USA is not trying to pressure the FG because of its involvement with China? Anyway that is their gbese, my interest is fair justice for all parties.
FTC. Lala, oya do the needful.
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Luckylife(m): 9:23am On Apr 17, 2016
Many things have happened and things are still happening.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by orunto27: 9:38am On Apr 17, 2016
First thing first, all the Dollars they bring in for this investigation must be accounted for to the CBN and exchanged for ICC @ the official rate. Bureau de change out. Other business deals out. ICC should just come in, do their investigation and get out to write their reports. Minister of Defence, Chief of Defence, Chief of Army, Chief of Air, Chief of Navy, IGP and DSS should all be involved jointly to play host and chaperone the true and fair view of the ICC investigation.
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Beeman1(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2016
I was telling one mumu illiterate Ipod tout on facebook that coming of ICC to naija has nothing to do with Baifra Issue but him no gree. He was telling me things like,next week or month They will send US,UK,France,Russia armies to come and pick up Buhari and jail him or sentence him to death because of Nnamdi Kanu. I laugh throw away my phone walahi. Chai ipods and their illiteracy. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Chubhie: 9:49am On Apr 17, 2016
Buhari and co must be brought to justice for it's various crimes against humanity.

8 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Beeman1(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2016
Chubhie:
Buhari and co must be brought to justice for it's various crimes against humanity.
Aremu I no tell you? Hahahahahah... Ipods and illiteracy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by TruthisGOD: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:
I was telling one mumu illiterate Ipod tout on facebook that coming of ICC to naija has nothing to do with Baifra Issue but him no gree. He was telling me things like,next week or month They will send US,UK,France,Russia armies to come and pick up Buhari and jail him or sentence him to death because of Nnamdi Kanu. I laugh throw away my phone walahi. Chai ipods and their illiteracy. cheesy
Some of u have comprehension problem. Out of the eight case files, six were committed by Bokoharam sect, the remaining two by the Nigerian army. The question u ought to ask urself is are the killings of unarmed protesters and shittes the two? Recent events should give you the answer since these are they only groups Nigerian army has killed.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by EasternLeopard: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:

Go school learn instead you school go pluck fruits

Mention the 2 groups killed by the Nigerian Military.?

IPOB and Shittes.

Buhari will be hanged by ICC very soon.

Keep fooling Buhari

7 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Godjone(m): 10:46am On Apr 17, 2016
can't wait to see the dollard been dragged like the common criminal he was.

May the blood of innocent eastern protesters and that of the Shi'ite movement with agatu massacre, lead to the hanging of buhari at the hague

inshy'allah amin

6 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by babdap: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2016
When you thought you have heard it all.
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Blackfire(m): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2016
Very soon HELL FIRE will start there own probe in Nigeria.
*don't ask me what they are probing*
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Alibesamuel: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2016
[quote author=Beeman1 post=44776580]I was telling one mumu illiterate Ipod tout on facebook that coming of ICC to naija has nothing to do with Baifra Issue but him no gree. He was telling me things like,next week or month They will send US,UK,France,Russia armies to come and pick up Buhari and jail him or sentence him to death because of Nnamdi Kanu. I laugh throw away my phone walahi. Chai ipods and their illiteracy. cheesy[u only heard about one case ask ur self what about the other two cases]
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by enlightenedmind: 11:45am On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:

Nigerians will not even agree. KANU should remain where he is. He is a threat to security n just too much of a problem

1 Like

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 17, 2016
wait first, was icc created only for Africa and middle east cos me i never hear say dem one investigate one european or american country.

1 Like

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by drmikeadams(m): 11:59am On Apr 17, 2016
nunamyeong:
wait first, was icc created only for Africa and middle east cos me i never hear say dem one investigate one european or american country.
grin grin..yes dem do am for Africans cos we reason with our anus instead of our brains......what is even normal in this country?,,

3 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by EzeNri(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:
They came to invest. Go school u no gree.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Beeman1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
EasternLeopard:

Go school learn instead you school go pluck fruits

Mention the 2 groups killed by the Nigerian Military.?

IPOB and Shittes.

Buhari will be hanged by ICC very soon.

Keep fooling Buhari
I thought they are sending armies and fighter jets to come and arrest Buhari Na una be d real illiterate na. Mtcheww.
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Beeman1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
EzeNri:

They came to invest. Go school u no gree.
If d thing pain u jump in to lagoon.
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by ayzTIGER: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:
I thought they are sending armies and fighter jets to come and arrest Buhari Na una be d real illiterate na. Mtcheww.
You been think the shite and IPOB case were not included you got cleared on that one now you wan start dey talk different thing... Nawa for you o

2 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by EasternLeopard: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:

Olodo

First step is indictment

Second step is inviting him to defend himself

Third step is to arrest him in ICC signatory nations if he refuses to appear in court.

If you doubt me olodo, ask Sudan President

1 Like

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by EasternLeopard: 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
nunamyeong:

Last 2 weeks, the former President of Yugoslavia was sentenced to 40years imprisonment

2 Likes

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Almajiri1: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
EasternLeopard:

Olodo

First step is indictment

Third step is to arrest him in ICC signatory nations if he refuses to appear in court.

That mofo na real olodo frakapraka.

1 Like

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Kestolovee95(f): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:

See as you dey mumu yourself? This one thinks ICC investigators are from daura. LWTMB

Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by Beeman1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
EasternLeopard:

Olodo

First step is indictment

So for ur tiny empty chest,u think these rubbish u mentioned will happen abianyway,dey use dis imagination they consul yourself. E no bad sha. U don carry food go give Nnamdi Kanu for Kuje prison today?
Re: 8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc by EzeNri(m): 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
Beeman1:
If d thing pain u jump in to lagoon.
Lol. U really need to grow some sense.

(1) (Reply)

Hear What Robert Mugabe Has To Say About Nigeria-pics / "I Was A Cultist Of A Fraternity" - Pastor Ize Iyamu (video) / NTA Blog Used My Post On Nairaland And Im Not Even Aware Nor Contacted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.