Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine (5539 Views)

2015: Jonathan Puts Nigeria's Interest Before His Own - EU / $2 Billion Abacha Loot: Gov Bagudu, Wife File Suit To Claim Seized Funds In Us / How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk – Forbes Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by asha80(m): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
sweetgala:

I'm sorry to highlight that the 2nd Niger bridfge is not listed in the immediate expenditure
it is

http://www.punchng.com/n350bn-package-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2nd-niger-bridge-to-benefit/

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by slydog(m): 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
LordAdam:

A. It is not entirely an investment. Some like the prepaid meters and ultra-high storey building deals are investments that the Chinese will make profits from the sale of meters and spaces respectively. Others like the Abuja-Kano-Lagos expressway are credit lines that Nigeria would have to pay back in due course because China cannot just dash us $1b (cost of the project) like that, especially when there is no tolling.

B. The article said $6b. You did not read the article and you jumped to comment.

C. The point is not if half bread is better than none, it is that we are getting palm kernel when we need bread. Nigeria has a deficit of $11b (N2.2t) in our 2016 budget. The projects and the salaries there need cash. If China is not giving us cash loan and IMF is not giving us cash loan, then we are very screwed. Our only option is treasury bills/bonds, but Nigeria cannot raise any significant amount from issuing bills/bonds because we have lost our J.P Morgan and Stanley ratings and will soon lose MCPI rating.

Investments are not substitutes of cash loans. They are meant to be additions.

Dangote went to China and got $2b cash loan. Buhari went there and got $0 cash loan and $6b worth of verbal investments. The same China made investment commitments under GEJ to build three refineries to the tune of $23b. Where are the refineries today? And we know that GEJ was closer to China than Buhari.

We should realize that some of those investments will not materialize. One thing I am sure about is that had GEJ gone to China for cash loan, he would have gotten it. Buhari went to negotiate loan without his finance minister, this is the result.

Buhari and Nigeria is bleeped. Let him pray Oil rises to $60, if not Nigeria will fall into recession.

-Lord

Dude, it's not a loan, that explains the absence of the finance minister and the presence of the investment minister. The money is coming in as Chinese investment in which they will recoup by way of tolls. The investments proposed are going into revenue generating infrastructure, which even the government doesn't pay, rather we all pay by joining the train services

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by samuelUMOH(m): 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
TPAND:
Zombies won't believe this report. I am still shocked despite a critical analysis of the doom ahead some persons keep defending Buhari instead of seeing the message Forbes is trying to communicate.
Forbes is not God and mind you they are western powers in disguise ,the loan is not bad if the utiliazation is properly done .Mind you am not Buhari fan but on this he got it Right .

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by adedapo1994: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
most amzing romantic story ever..................http://earthsgeo..com.ng/2016/04/adultery.html
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by millhouse: 3:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
K
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by Sall(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
What is wrong with the west we don't need your loans .leave us the hell alone nah by force shook.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by LordAdam: 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
slydog:

Dude, it's not a loan, that explains the absence of the finance minister and the presence of the investment minister. The money is coming in as Chinese investment in which they will recoup by way of tolls. The investments proposed are going into revenue generating infrastructure, which even the government doesn't pay, rather we all pay by joining the train services

The presidency said nothing of tolling about the greenfield expressway--http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/15/buharis-china-visit-yields-billions-in-investment-for-nigeria-presidency/. About the Lagos Metro line, I wonder if you were one of the negotiators to know that the government would not repay a dime, but the Chinese would collect money from Nigerians to use the train (for how long, until what amount is reached, which percentage goes to the government afterwards).

Don't insinuate when you are not part of the delegation. When more information comes out you reference it, until then keep your personal opinion about the nature of a deal signed thousands of miles away in a place you'll never be able to enter, to yourself.

Conclusively if you actually read my reply and not try to do fastest-finger, you'd see that I called it is not entirely an investment (meaning some part is investment, some is loan). If you can't understand English, desist from quoting me or trying to enlighten me. I too know!

-Lord
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by aresa: 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
modath:
This article is a mess!
It is a mumbo jumbo of contradictions & the scary sensationalist headline is an aberration!!

We are not skilled at management, a "need & access" basis works so much better than unfettered & unregulated access!

Make owo no wo igbo..

IMF is too "concerned" about Nigeria! Omnious! undecided

Global investors? Rent seekers & portfolio investors are not the kinds we need...

The buy low, sell high speculators are the kinds IMF is planning to foist on us.

Investors in the real & tangible sector aren't so hot under the collar because they know they'll recoup their investments.

Infrastructures pay for themselves...Fares, fees ,tolls...

This is where we must follow government bumper to bumper...

No prodigal children kind of merrymaking.

The rubbish is from iPoD point blank news and not from Forbes.

Beats me why NL enable these anti Nigerian elements to spread rubbish and misinform Nigerians...

This trash should have been deleted already for false info..but incompetence and lack of patriotic spirit is a national character..

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by theV0ice: 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
LordAdam:

The presidency said nothing of tolling about the greenfield expressway--http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/15/buharis-china-visit-yields-billions-in-investment-for-nigeria-presidency/. About the Lagos Metro line, I wonder if you were one of the negotiators to know that the government would not repay a dime, but the Chinese would collect money from Nigerians to use the train (for how long, until what amount is reached, which percentage goes to the government afterwards).

Don't insinuate when you are not part of the delegation. When more information comes out you reference it, until then keep your personal opinion about the nature of a deal signed thousands of miles away in a place you'll never be able to enter, to yourself.

Conclusively if you actually read my reply and not try to do fastest-finger, you'd see that I called it is not entirely an investment (meaning some part is investment, some is loan). If you can't understand English, desist from quoting me or trying to enlighten me. I too know!

-Lord

Do you need special notification to know that the railways and power projects are not for charity?

Are you assuming that Nigerian citizens and coporate bodies who use them will do so free of charge?

Do you know the airport modifications of Stella Oduah were financed with loans from this same China? Did you have reservations about those too?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by aresa: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Forbes is not God and mind you they are western powers in disguise ,the loan is not bad if the utiliazation is properly done .Mind you am not Buhari fan but on this he got it Right .

The rubbish is not from Forbes...

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by Pidggin(f): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nigeria was amongst the fastest growing economies in the world before now, so the West is interested because it has investments in this country e.g. In aviation, oil and gas, banking etc.

Can Buhari fight the West by going his own way and refusing to devalue the Naira? No country has done it so far, except you are self sufficient like Russia, even so Russia still listens to the West in some cases. Nigeria is not self sufficient so the West will easily deal with us.

There is need for PMB to be wise on this issue or face the consequences of being ostracized
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by theV0ice: 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
In fact where is the link to show its from Forbes sef?

Kai OP don do wash wash for me angry

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by aresa: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
Forbes Original Title.

Nigerian Loan Deal With China Highlights Need To Diversify Sources Of Government Revenue

http://www.forbes.com/sites/riskmap/2016/04/15/nigerian-loan-deal-with-china-highlights-need-to-diversify-sources-of-government-revenue/#630adfc86237

The deceiving sourceless IpoD titles is

How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buharis-2-billion-chinese-loan-puts-nigeria-risk-forbes-magazine/

^^^^^From Ipod blog...

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by theV0ice: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
aresa:

Forbes Original Title.

The deceiving sourceless IpoD titles is

^^^^^From Ipod blog...

Really?? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
Wetin concern Forbes with economy cool

1 Like

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by aresa: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
divinehand2003:
Forbes got it all mixed up.
-First of all it's not a loan, but it's an investment. Both parties are doing business together.

-Secondly, it's not $2 billion, but it's $6 billion investment package, and the various items and projects for which this cash would be spent on is properly highlighted.

So Nigerians, should we rather sit on the fence and do nothing waiting for manna to fall from above? No, half bread is better than not.

We must do something now.

They want us to do something, we are just not doing what they want us to do which is devaluing our Naira, take IMF loan and their world famous destructive conditions, leaving our gate open for briefcase investors to keep killing the Naira.

I do understand their disappointment that we are creating our own medicine and prescription to address our own problem instead of going for their usual disastrous solutions.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by aresa: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
theV0ice:

Really?? shocked shocked

There's always a dubious and deceptive reasons when iPoDS post rubbish without source links.

They are all internet fraudulent 419ers ...

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by jovenortega: 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
Google pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was $­­8500 working 60 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a we­ek. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
n­e­t­m­o­m­2­0.c­o­m

VV
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by slydog(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
LordAdam:

-Lord

OK o, Mr 'I know too'!
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by aresa: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
The loan amount is larger than expected, putting Nigeria at risk of struggling to repay if the oil price falls further. Buhari is aware of the need to diversify sources of government income, and wants to broaden Nigeria’s tax base and expand its portfolio of export goods. These measures are likely to take years to generate significant additional government revenue, and infrastructure projects are themselves unlikely to generate sufficient income to finance loan repayments in the near term.

The crux of the cry baby worries...

The whole rubbish article is based on IF.

IF what?

The government pegged our budget based on $38 per barrel, but oil is selling for $43 per barrel.

$43 - $38 = $5

Meaning we are making extra $5 on every barrel of oil which we can save or put in ECA to finance loans or for our infrastructure needs.

So, of what relevance is the pointless article based on IF oil prices drops when in fact oil prices is shooting up and we are already making $5 extra over every barrel of oil?

IF is a wish and not our current realities..

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by aresa: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
LordAdam:

The presidency said nothing of tolling about the greenfield expressway-

You have zero idea per what's going to be tolled or not until it's built and the government comes out with policy statements on the projects and how to pay for them.. Stop assuming based on what's not set in stone at the moment..

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/15/buharis-china-visit-yields-billions-in-investment-for-nigeria-presidency/. About the Lagos Metro line, I wonder if you were one of the negotiators to know that the government would not repay a dime, but the Chinese would collect money from Nigerians to use the train (for how long, until what amount is reached, which percentage goes to the government afterwards).

China is not collecting tolls, they are funding the project and they get back loan payments based on whatever agreed upon payments and payment schedule, the state's Metro Rail governing authority is tasked with toll collection.

The Metro Rail system can pay off the loan in little or no time based on the number of potential passengers available in Lagos state. We are talking about hundreds of thousands of passengers or even millions daily. Multiply average ticket of N300 by at least 500,000 per day x per month. That's billions per day and several billions per month.

So please tell us how hard it's going to be to service or pay off this loan in little or no time?..

This project is set to be the largest money making infrastructure in Nigeria and after paying off the loan, all the billions per month goes into the pocket of the people of Lagos state which means a cash cow to fund other major projects within the state including extending the project to every corner of Lagos state..

And let's not even get into the other benefits from less cars on the road, reduction in noise, fumes and other forms of environmental pollution..

-Lord

Your views like mine and others in this thread are all based on insinuations and personal opinions since we don't have detailed policies or analysis by the government so you have zero rights or any form of moral authority to question other people's views..

1 Like

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by jidowu84: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
theV0ice:

Actually opposition propaganda is easier than govt. Its the same with PDP now. PDP is in opposition and doing a better job of the information war because the underdog will always enjoy the sympathy of most neutrals. APC enjoyed it then.

Its like a football match of equally matched opponents. The one that just conceded will be more aggressive about an equaliser.

Lol you must be a 'baller/lover. Anyways, my own take is that the worst of APC is far better than the best of PDP. Shikena! I have my reasons.
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by musicwriter(m): 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
@modath

Global investors? Rent seekers & portfolio investors are not the kinds we need...

The buy low, sell high speculators are the kinds IMF is planning to foist on us.

Investors in the real & tangible sector aren't so hot under the collar because they know they'll recoup their investments.

Infrastructures pay for themselves...Fares, fees ,tolls...

You have a very good knowledge of what's going on between the west and Nigeria right now. I feel proud when I see Africans who understand the Africa Vs west game.

And, if you probe further you'll discover the so called foreign investors are nothing but a network of companies owned by the same IMF and world bank to prey upon third world countries. They run a network of companies installed all over the world to do their dirty jobs.

J.P Morgan, MSCI, Barclays, e.t.c are IMF and world bank subsidiaries doing their dirty jobs worldwide. These banks belong to a network of predatory companies that control the world's economy. As you noted what they usually do is invest in stocks and bonds, e.t.c. They'll never invest in the real economy in any third world country. This because so they can easily pull out their investment to threaten the target country. So, what they do is make coordinated withdrawal of assets at the same time in the target country to evoke panic and to escalate the situation, until the head of state of such country bow to pressure.

See the Capitalist Network That Control The World's economy www.africason.com/2015/05/the-capitalist-network-that-control.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by modath(f): 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
musicwriter:
@modath

You have a very good knowledge dirty jobs worldwide. These banks belong to a network of predatory companies that control the world's economy. As you noted what they usually do is invest in stocks and bonds, e.t.c. They'll never invest in the real sector

See the Capitalist Network That Control The World's economy www.africason.com/2015/05/the-capitalist-network-that-control.html

Books ehn, cheesy grin, dey turn person to pseudo expert in anything!! grin

I have always had a passion for reading since I was but a wee lil Thang, the result of wide & no restriction reading is, an acquisition of knowledge about stuff one wouldn't have any idea about just laik dat smiley

The west are demons, the Jewish mafia? Uhmmlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by 989900: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
China is unlikely to demand the reforms and oversight that the World Bank or IMF typically impose as conditions for lending.

Is there any other definition for derogatory?

So we are sub-humans who can't think, nor apply 'oversight' without our colonial masters? O ma se o! We went from the Awos to the Ziks to Ahamdus to despicable human beings like IBB, Abacha, and all those after them, why won't they talk-down at us in this manner?

If those lunatics can steal billions to stash in their economies while their people suffer, then same people come back to borrow same funds at high interest rates -- why won't they think we are monkeys?

Look at what our senate has become . . .
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by 989900: 6:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
musicwriter:
@modath

You have a very good knowledge of what's going on between the west and Nigeria right now. I feel proud when I see Africans who understand the Africa Vs west game.

And, if you probe further you'll discover the so called foreign investors are nothing but a network of companies owned by the same IMF and world bank to prey upon third world countries. They run a network of companies installed all over the world to do their dirty jobs.

J.P Morgan, MSCI, Barclays, e.t.c are IMF and world bank subsidiaries doing their dirty jobs worldwide. These banks belong to a network of predatory companies that control the world's economy. As you noted what they usually do is invest in stocks and bonds, e.t.c. They'll never invest in the real economy in any third world country. This because so they can easily pull out their investment to threaten the target country. So, what they do is make coordinated withdrawal of assets at the same time in the target country to evoke panic and to escalate the situation, until the head of state of such country bow to pressure.

100!!!

Have you seen those videos about them too?
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by LordAdam: 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
theV0ice:

Do you need special notification to know that the railways and power projects are not for charity?

Are you assuming that Nigerian citizens and coporate bodies who use them will do so free of charge?

Do you know the airport modifications of Stella Oduah were financed with loans from this same China? Did you have reservations about those too?

A very simple question to you: Are you daft?

A lot of you guys have major issues with comprehension of the English language.

Let me dumb it down for you, my very first post was to clear the fallacy by someone who clearly did not read the publication.

Maybe you were blind to this statement in my first reply, "Investments are not substitutes of cash loans. They are meant to be additions."

We have a $11b deficit. $6b in investments though laudable is no substitute for the $11b loan we need. Get that into your thick skull.

Bunch of dumb f***kers here!

-Lord
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by LordAdam: 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
aresa:

You have zero idea per what's going to be tolled or not until it's built and the government comes out with policy statements on the projects and how to pay for them.. Stop assuming based on what's not set in stone at the moment..

China is not collecting tolls, they are funding the project and they get back loan payments based on whatever agreed upon payments and payment schedule, the state's Metro Rail governing authority is tasked with toll collection.

The Metro Rail system can pay off the loan in little or no time based on the number of potential passengers available in Lagos state. We are talking about hundreds of thousands of passengers or even millions daily. Multiply average ticket of N300 by at least 500,000 per day x per month. That's billions per day and several billions per month.

So please tell us how hard it's going to be to service or pay off this loan in little or no time?..

This project is set to be the largest money making infrastructure in Nigeria and after paying off the loan, all the billions per month goes into the pocket of the people of Lagos state which means a cash cow to fund other major projects within the state including extending the project to every corner of Lagos state..

And let's not even get into the other benefits from less cars on the road, reduction in noise, fumes and other forms of environmental pollution..

Your views like mine and others in this thread are all based on insinuations and personal opinions since we don't have detailed policies or analysis by the government so you have zero rights or any form of moral authority to question other people's views..

You just had to type a long-winded reply to reiterate what I've said before. Don't try to come for my jugular, I've drowned yours in a sewage pipe.

About the first bolded statement, I'd ask you a simple question: What percentage of FG roads are tolled? The vast majority of FG roads are free to use, so the default position to take when an FG road project is announced is that it will be free, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. Initial reports made no mention of tolling as I explained to slydog, so until they do, it is fair to say that it would be free to use.

About the second bolded statement, why the blazing f***k did you have to quote me when you were simply going to make roughly the same point I was making. You used the words "loan payments," meaning the government would pay them back. Which is exactly what I have been saying from the start.

I don't you to lecture me on how they will be paid or the legitimate agency that would levy Nigerians. The simple fact that even an artisan would understand is that China built a rail for us on loan and they would take our fares as payment+interest for the loan. You and I do not know how much interest is on that loan or if the Chinese are partners who would continue making profits from that venture until Jesus comes.

Don't lecture me about policing other peoples opinion. You don't type sh*t because you have access to an internet-enabled device (phone, tablet, or PC) and then call up the blanket "I have a right". What he said was illogical straight up. If you don't have the guts to call it out, I do. You don't need pinpoint detail and analysis to make a valid, logical point like I have with this reply and hundreds more on NL.

I make a clear distinction most times when what I'm saying is a personal (subjective) opinion and when it is an objective logical point. Don't mix the two. Well you already have. So I should be saying, get your head off your ass and smell the coffee.

-Lord
Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by theV0ice: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
LordAdam:

A very simple question to you: Are you daft?

A lot of you guys have major issues with comprehension of the English language.

Let me dumb it down for you, my very first post was to clear the fallacy by someone who clearly did not read the publication.

Maybe you were blind to this statement in my first reply, "Investments are not substitutes of cash loans. They are meant to be additions."

We have a $11b deficit. $6b in investments though laudable is no substitute for the $11b loan we need. Get that into your thick skull.

Bunch of dumb f***kers here!

-Lord

A simpler query for you, are you a slowpoke?

Were you dropped on your head at birth?

So he shouldn't have taken the offer of $6B investments?

We need investments to address our infrastructure deficit you certified dunce and partnerships of this nature are the way to go.

Apostle of idiocy, try and learn!!

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by LordAdam: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
theV0ice:

A simpler query for you, are you a slowpoke?

Were you dropped on your head at birth?

So he shouldn't have taken the offer of $6B investments?

We need investments to address our infrastructure deficit you certified dunce and partnerships of this nature are the way to go.

Apostle of idiocy, try and learn!!

Bloody hell! For someone of your caliber to exhibit this copious amount of blind shenanigans is beyond me.

Alright, show me where I said he shouldn't have taken the offer of $6b in investments?

-Lord

1 Like

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by theV0ice: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
LordAdam:

Bloody hell! For someone of your caliber to exhibit this copious amount of blind shenanigans is beyond me.

Alright, show me where I said he shouldn't have taken the offer of $6b in investments?

-Lord

Lord gawd!! For someone of your level to delve into insults on someone without provocation is horrifying.

Show me what was wrong with what I said in my first post which you replied that warranted insults?

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s $2 Billion Chinese Loan Puts Nigeria At Risk–forbes Magazine by LordAdam: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
theV0ice:

Lord gawd!! For someone of your level to delve into insults on someone without provocation is horrifying.

Show me what was wrong with what I said in my first post which you replied that warranted insults?

Everything.

It appeared you just saw my username, didn't read my message and instead decided to take a jab at me.

Although, I have my reservations on the loan and have been very vocal against taking loans in the past, that was because APC did same in the past. However, now I am pursuing a more engaging policy of criticizing PMB and his government, something I have made mention of not too long ago.

If the man says he needs a loan, then let him have it, and let's see what he uses it for. My only question is that the man is having a cold fight with the IMF and so there'd be no loans from that end. China is the only nation that can comfortably save our asses by giving us a sizable loan to efface a considerable part of the $11b. Yet he went there without his Finance minister, didn't get a cash loan to offset our $11b deficit and you want me to clap for him.

With Nigeria's present clout as the dominant economy in West Africa, 24th largest economy in the world (previously 21 as at last year), and the relationship PDP-led governments have fostered with China, $6b in investments is a normal development. Even if a chimp goes to China in the capacity of the President of Nigeria, he would be able to secure the same amount in investments.

Nigeria urgently need the loan to balance the deficit so there'd be no stalling when the budget is passed. Pardon me if I'm the only person in the country who senses the urgency and will not be wavered by propaganda.

-Lord

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Created Another System Of Corruption - Emir Sanusi / Is Tinubu The Man Behind The Death Of Bola Ige and Funsho Williams? Pics / Edo 2020: Obaseki Sacks LGA Appointees Loyal To Oshiomhole (see Reactions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.