Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? (3592 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Egyptians Are Yet To Dispute The Parting Of The Red Sea. Our God Lives! / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Brownhypo: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
According to Genesis 1:1,The Bible says; In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

So my question now is, where was God's abode before the Creation of the world.

I will be pretty glad if an answer(s) is provided to the aforementioned question.
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by funnynation(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Question for the gods..

Nairaland official comedian
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Justycxx(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Gmajor(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
The heaven that Genesis is talking about is the sky and everything above the earth not the dwelling place of God
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Brownhypo: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
Gmajor:
The heaven that Genesis is talking about is the sky and everything above the earth not the dwelling place of God
where was HE dwelling sir? What's the place called
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Daniel1673(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
YOU WILL GET YOUR ANSWER HERE

There are 3 heavens. (2_Corinthians_12:2)

The heaven which is God's spiritual eternal home. This is not physical and is not created.
The heaven where the stars and planets are.
This is physical and is created
The heaven surrounding the earth where the atmosphere is and the birds fly.
The word "heavens" is used in different ways in the Bible.

It is used of the two heavens that God created.
It is also used of the third heaven.
This is uncreated heaven where God has always been from eternity.
God is everywhere (Acts_17:27-28) so now he is all three heavens. (Psalm_115:2-3)

We cannot get away from God (Psalm 139:1-16)

The two heavens God created:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis_1:1)
So he existed before the heavens and the earth.
These are not the heavens he has always lived in.
These are the heaven where the atmosphere is and the birds fly and the heaven where the stars are.

The third heaven:

The heaven where God has always lived is not physical. It has not been created. God is spirit (John_4:24).
He does not need a physical place to live in. He does not need pictures or images or temples or mosques or churches or shrines to live in (Acts_17:24-25)

Bible References
2.Corinthians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowswink such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

Acts 17:27-28
he is not far from every one of us, because we live and move and exist in him;

Psalm 115:2-3
Why should the heathen say: "Where is their God now? " But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever he has pleased.

Psalm 139:1-6
A Psalm [Zabur] of David.
O LORD, you have searched me, and known me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You understand my thoughts from afar. You encompass my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, you know it altogether. You have hemmed me in behind and in front, and laid your hand on me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain to it.

Where shall I go from your spirit? or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. Iif I make my bed in the grave, behold, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand will lead me, and your right hand will hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yes, the darkness does not hide from you; but the night shines as the day. The darkness and the light are both alike to you. For you have possessed my inner parts. You have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are marvelous, and my soul knows absolutely. My substance was not hidden from you, when I was made in secret, and skilfully wrought in the humblest part of the land. Your eyes saw my substance, whilst still incomplete and in your book all my members were written (which were fashioned day by day) even before there were even one of them.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Acts 17:24-25
God (who made the world and all the things in it) seeing he is Lord of heaven and earth, he does not dwell in temples made with hands, neither is he worshiped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he gives to all life, and breath, and everything.

1 Like

Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Gmajor(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Brownhypo:
where was HE dwelling sir? What's the place called
he was dwelling in heaven -the realm not heaven as in sky.
Gerrit ?
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Edwinmason(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
one of the question am gonna ask GOD when i get to heaven
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Brownhypo: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Gmajor:

he was dwelling in heaven -the realm not heaven as in sky.
Gerrit ?
Getting more confusing. God created the heaven and the earth. The sky is the atmosphere in the earth na
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Willybos(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Edwinmason:
one of the question am gonna ask GOD when i get to heaven
If paraventually u fall in a right part!!
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by Brownhypo: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
Daniel1673:
YOU WILL GET YOUR ANSWER HERE

There are 3 heavens. (2_Corinthians_12:2)

The heaven which is God's spiritual eternal home. This is not physical and is not created.
The heaven where the stars and planets are.
The heaven surrounding the earth where the atmosphere is and the birds fly.
The word "heavens" is used in different ways in the Bible.

It is used of the two heavens that God created.
It is also used of the third heaven.
This is uncreated heaven where God has always been from eternity.
God is everywhere (Acts_17:27-28) so now he is all three heavens. (Psalm_115:2-3)

We cannot get away from God (Psalm 139:1-16)

The two heavens God created:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis_1:1)
So he existed before the heavens and the earth.
These are not the heavens he has always lived in.
These are the heaven where the atmosphere is and the birds fly and the heaven where the stars are.

The third heaven:

The heaven where God has always lived is not physical. It has not been created. God is spirit (John_4:24).
He does not need a physical place to live in. He does not need pictures or images or temples or mosques or churches or shrines to live in (Acts_17:24-25)

Bible References
2.Corinthians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowswink such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

Acts 17:27-28
he is not far from every one of us, because we live and move and exist in him;

Psalm 115:2-3
Why should the heathen say: "Where is their God now? " But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever he has pleased.

Psalm 139:1-6
A Psalm [Zabur] of David.
O LORD, you have searched me, and known me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You understand my thoughts from afar. You encompass my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, you know it altogether. You have hemmed me in behind and in front, and laid your hand on me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain to it.

Where shall I go from your spirit? or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. Iif I make my bed in the grave, behold, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand will lead me, and your right hand will hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yes, the darkness does not hide from you; but the night shines as the day. The darkness and the light are both alike to you. For you have possessed my inner parts. You have covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are marvelous, and my soul knows absolutely. My substance was not hidden from you, when I was made in secret, and skilfully wrought in the humblest part of the land. Your eyes saw my substance, whilst still incomplete and in your book all my members were written (which were fashioned day by day) even before there were even one of them.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Acts 17:24-25
God (who made the world and all the things in it) seeing he is Lord of heaven and earth, he does not dwell in temples made with hands, neither is he worshiped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he gives to all life, and breath, and everything.
Helpful. Thanks for the explication sir
Re: Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? by damesilver(m): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
Brownhypo:
According to Genesis 1:1,The Bible says; In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

So my question now is, where was God's abode before the Creation of the world.

I will be pretty glad if an answer(s) is provided to the aforementioned question.

I'm afraid you won't find your answers in the Bible. But think about this. If you want to recognise God, you need to discard a mental image of him. And this is one of the limitations of man. He sees his God as being with many eyes, long white beard and gray hair.

Any conception of the Almighty God would be a belittling of It. The primary error for this is the persistent refusal of mankind to seek and absorb the high knowledge of truth.

Do not concern yourself with what you do not need. Try to fulfill the tasks in the compass of your earthly limit first. Seek for the knowledge of the structure of creation. You will then find the answer to your question.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? / Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! / Can A Christian Man Marry More Than One Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.