Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? (3854 Views)

Confusion In The Islamic Confession Of Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthman2012(m): 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
Muslims, when confronted with the question on why the quran says Muhammad was the first muslim, they say he was the first muslim only among his own people. They have forgotten that they have also claimed Muhammad was a descendant of Ishmael, who was also said to be a muslim. How can his forefather Ishmael be a muslim and still claim Muhammad was the first muslim among his own people? So much confusion and deception in islam.

Let's continue in our studies and questions on islam about who the first muslim was:

The Qur’an states Muhammad was the first Muslim. (Surah 6:163). However, it also that Abraham who lived centuries before Muhammad was a Muslim. (Surah 3:67). And The Qur’an states that the disciples of Jesus who lived before Muhammad were also Muslims. (Surah 5: 111). In fact, the Qur’an claims that all prophets, from the time of Abraham to Muhammad were Muslims. (Surah 22:78)

The Questions

Since the Qur’an states that Muhammad was the first Muslim, while at the same time declaring that there were Muslims before the time of Muhammad, is this not a clear proof of the existence of a contradiction in the Qur’an?

How are you going to reconcile the Qur’an’s claim that Muhammad was the first Muslim with the Qur’an’s statement that Abraham who lived before him was also a Muslim?

How are you going to reconcile the Qur’an’s claim that Muhammad was the first Muslim with the Qur’an’s statement that the disciples of Jesus who lived before him were Muslims?

Do you not agree that if Abraham was truly a Muslim as the Qur’an claims, then Muhammad cannot be the first Muslim?

Do you not agree that if the disciples of Jesus were truly Muslims as the Qur’an claims, then Muhammad cannot be the first Muslim?

Do you not agree that one or the other verse in the Qur’an is a lie?

Does this not clearly prove that the Qur’an contains a false statement in it?

Will the true Word of God contain an error in it?

As such, can you really trust the Qur’an as the Word of God?

Who was the first Muslim? The Qur’an gives the following answers: Muhammad (Surah 6:14, Surah 6:163), Abraham (Surah 2:127-133, Surah 3:67) Moses (Surah 7:143), some unnamed Egyptians (Surah 26:51), Disciples of Jesus (Surah 5:111).

So Muslims, according to your Qur’an, who was the first Muslim?

4 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
all religious book are not truly words of god they are words of men

2 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthman2012(m): 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
Naijaboy007:
all religious book are not truly words of god they are words of men

Lol !!!
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthman2012(m): 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
This is another case of muslims' inability to clear the quran of errors. No abuse is even available.

Any reasonable person should be able to see that islam is a fraud. A fraud perpetrated by satan. It was satan that acted the role of Allah and Gabriel in the quran to deceive mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthman2012(m): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2016
As muslims couldn't respond to many questions these days, before long islam will gradually die off on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:40am On Apr 18, 2016
The first muslim was Satan!!
He alone beget not nor is he begotten
He alone has no form...Shapeless!
He alone sit on a Throne Eastward!...mecca
He alone kills, steal, destroys God's work!
He alone does evil and justifies it as Good!
He alone hate the Truth....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by Annunaki(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
truthman2012:
As muslims couldn't respond to many questions these days, before long islam will gradually die off on nairaland.

Amen! smiley

1 Like

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthman2012(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Muslims
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

hen hen hen hen, Laughing !!!
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthman2012(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Muslims, having seen that Islam is false and for which you have nothing to defend it, is it still reasonable for you to continue in it. Why would you choose to be deceived by an ordinary illiterate Arabian, who claimed to be a prophet? Why would you believe the quran that has been proven to be fraught with unintelligent errors?, Would God spew such errors from his holy mouth?

Repent and give your life to Jesus before it is too late. Don't remain deceived.

1 Like

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by Ministerinmakin: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
I would have thought Mohammed as he said he was given transcripts of the Quran by an Angel, so before he released the transcript he had to understand what he was transcribing first.
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by JIBO4REAL(m): 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
fear God don't say a foul saying to any of the prophet
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by JIBO4REAL(m): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
try to understand what Quran is saying before criticized ,go back and read it again and digest it in Avery cool time like mid night so that u will really understand God is not a lair like u and others when God say something no error in God word this not merely sayn by someone this is a revelation from God.word of God is full of parable and is mere for understanding person who can understand is beyond English translation alone, Muslim are already believed in Jesus before u talk it is left to accepted and understanding that Muhammad is a prophet of God..please let look unto this Quran this is beyond someone capacity as a fabricated
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthmans2012: 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
Muslims na !!!

Who bi di first muslim na ?

Abi una no sabi quran again?
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by annunaki2(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
JIBO4REAL:
try to understand what Quran is saying before criticized ,go back and read it again and digest it in Avery cool time like mid night so that u will really understand God is not a lair like u and others when God say something no error in God word this not merely sayn by someone this is a revelation from God.word of God is full of parable and is mere for understanding person who can understand is beyond English translation alone, Muslim are already believed in Jesus before u talk it is left to accepted and understanding that Muhammad is a prophet of God..please let look unto this Quran this is beyond someone capacity as a fabricated

The sooner you get it into your head that the quoran is not from God but it's just a collection of sayings concocted by mohamed and attributed to God to deceive his followers into believing he is a prophet of God. A close and objective study of the quoran will tell you it's full of errors, contradictions, inconsistencies and outright lies with zero beneficial value to mankind. The quoran is all the evidence you need to know that both islam and mohamed are frauds.

4 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthmans2012: 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
annunaki2:

The sooner you get it into your head that the quoran is not from God but it's just a collection of sayings concocted by mohamed and attributed to God to deceive his followers into believing he is a prophet of God. A close and objective study of the quoran will tell you it's full of errors, contradictions, inconsistencies and outright lies with zero beneficial value to mankind. The quoran is all the evidence you need to know that both islam and mohamed are frauds.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthmans2012: 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by UyiIredia(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
U don call Muslims how many times na. Dem no gree come.
truthman2012 1 - Muslims 0
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthmans2012: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
UyiIredia:
U don call Muslims how many times na. Dem no gree come.

truthman2012: 1 - Muslims: 0

Don't mind them joh !

Jesus is winning o

Islam will soon die off on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by QueenSalewa: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
truthman2012:
So Muslims, according to your Qur’an, who was the first Muslim?[/b]

Hello, I am a Muslim.

Firstly, you need to understand what is meant by the word "Muslim" as used in the Qur'an..
In the Qur'an "Muslim" is often used as a title for "submitter", rather than what it has come to mean today e.g. "follower of the organised religion of Islam".

I'm not sure which Muslim has claimed that Ishmael was the first Muslim. The Qur'an alludes to Abraham as the first Muslim and calls upon mankind to follow the path of Abraham.

Quran 3:95
"Say:God has spoken the truth: follow, then, the creed of Abraham, who turned away from all that is false, and was not of those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God."

and

Qur'an 3:67

"Abraham in truth was not a Jew, neither yet a Christian; but he was a muslim and one pure of faith"

Hope that helped.
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by true2god: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
annunaki2:

Kudos, u never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthmans2012: 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
QueenSalewa:

Hello, I am a Muslim.

Firstly, you need to understand what is meant by the word "Muslim" as used in the Qur'an..
In the Qur'an "Muslim" is often used as a title for "submitter", rather than what it has come to mean today e.g. "follower of the organised religion of Islam".

I'm not sure which Muslim has claimed that Ishmael was the first Muslim. The Qur'an alludes to Abraham as the first Muslim and calls upon mankind to follow the path of Abraham.

"Say:God has spoken the truth: follow, then, the creed of Abraham, who turned away from all that is false, and was not of those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God."

and

"Abraham in truth was not a Jew, neither yet a Christian; but he was a muslim and one pure of faith"

Hope that helped.

The Qur'an also claims Moses who led the Jews was a Muslim. Moses as a Jew, was he a muslim because he submitted to God? Are Jews muslims ?

The Quran also claims Jesus was a Muslim. Jesus was a Jew, are Jews muslims because he submitted to God?

The quran also claims Jesus Disciples were muslims. The disciples were called Christians and they built Churches in their lifetime. Were they muslims because they submitted to God? Do muslims build Churches?

Honest answers to those questions will show lack of integrity of the quran.

1 Like

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by QueenSalewa: 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
truthmans2012:

The Qur'an also claims Moses who led the Jews was a Muslim. Moses as a Jew, was he a muslim because he submitted to God? Are Jews muslims ?

The Quran also claims Jesus was a Muslim. Jesus was a Jew, are Jews muslims because he submitted to God?

The quran also claims Jesus Disciples were muslims. The disciples were called Christians and they built Churches in their lifetime. Were they muslims because they submitted to God? Do muslims build Churches?

A muslim is anyone who submits to the One God, and believed in the monotheistic religion of their time. So at those times, those people were Muslims as they responded to the messenger of their time.

So yes, all those people you mentioned were muslims (the title, not the religion!)
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthmans2012: 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
QueenSalewa:

A muslim is anyone who submits to the One God, and believed in the monotheistic religion of their time. So at those times, those people were Muslims as they responded to the messenger of their time.

So yes, all those people you mentioned were muslims (the title, not the religion!)

Were Jesus Disciples monotheists ?

These same Disciples baptized their people in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Surely they were not monotheists. Then why did the quran call them muslims?
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by truthmans2012: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
QueenSalewa:

Let me remind you that the question is not "who is a Muslim but who is the first Muslim.

Qur'an say Abraham was the first Muslim.

The same Qur'an says Moses was the first muslim.

The quran again says Muhammad is the first Muslim.

Now, who is the first muslim ?

I hope you will not abandon your argument.
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by QueenSalewa: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
truthmans2012:

Let me remind you that the question is not "who is a Muslim but who is the first Muslim.

Qur'an say Abraham was the first Muslim.

The same Qur'an says Moses was the first muslim.

The quran again says Muhammad is the first Muslim.

Now, who is the first muslim ?

I hope you will not abandon your argument.

Ah. Yes. Reminder that the areas in the Qur'an which say that these people were the first Muslim are narratives of events that have happened. So, in context, when Mohammed said "I am the first of the muslims" the earlier verse begins with "Say (to the people he was addressing, The Qurayish, who were idolaters)"

"first muslim" is relative.

Abraham was the first submitter among his people.
Moses was the first submitter among his people.
Mohammed was the first submitter among his people.

Technically, the first muslim ever was the first human, Adam.
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by true2god: 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
QueenSalewa:

Hello, I am a Muslim.

and

Hope that helped.
I like your name but you are ALMOST ignorant about islam and its promotion of extreme misogyny, especially in a conservative muslim nation like iran and saudi arabia. Woman in islam are treated as third class human beings.

Quran endorses the beating of women (quran 4:34).

allahh approve temporary marriage in islam, what is known as nikah mutua (quran 5:87, sahih bhukari 7:62:13). If you dont understand the relationship between the quranic verse i have you and the hadith i provided, read through the tafsir of ibn kathir for a clue. Nikah mutua is advanced prostitution ordained by allahh and was never abrogated.

allahh approved of raping captive women by muslim soldiers, mohammed inclusive (quran 4:24, sunan abu dawud 2150 ahmed hassan translation vol 2, page 577 and sahih muslim 3432). These women were raped by mohammed and his sahabas, even in the presence of their husbands. Deuteronomy 22:25 completely condemn this evil by mohammed.

Mohammed also approve child marriage in quran 65:4. Mohammed, led by example, by engaging aisha when she was 6 (mohammed was 51) and starting having sex with her when she became 9.

These are few example which prooved that mohammed and islam hate women and it is very shocking that a woman, worst victims of islam, will even have the gut to defense this criminal prophet that called himself mohammed.

Read up the islamic references I gave and come and testify the evils of mohammed (hiss be upon him).

2 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by QueenSalewa: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
true2god:
I like your name but you are ALMOST ignorant about islam and its promotion of extreme misogyny, especially in a conservative muslim nation like iran and saudi arabia. Woman in islam are treated as third class human beings.

allahh approve temporary marriage in islam, what is known as nikah mutua (quran 5:87, sahih bhukari 7:62:13). If you dont understand the relationship between the quranic verse i have you and the hadith i provided, read through the tafsir of ibn kathir for a clue. Nikah mutua is advanced prostitution ordained by allahh and was never abrogated.

allahh approved of raping captive women by muslim soldiers, mohammed inclusive (quran 4:24, sunan abu dawud 2150 ahmed hassan translation vol 2, page 577 and sahih muslim 3432). These women were raped by mohammed and his sahabas, even in the presence of their husbands. Deuteronomy 22:25 completely condemn this evil by mohammed.

Mohammed also approve child marriage in quran 65:4. Mohammed, led by example, by engaging aisha when she was 6 (mohammed was 51) and starting having sex with her when she became 9.

These are few example which prooved that mohammed and islam hate women and it is very shocking that a woman, worst victims of islam, will even have the gut to defense this criminal prophet that called himself mohammed.

Read up the islamic references I gave and come and testify the evils of mohammed (hiss be upon him).

LOL. Okay. I've heard all those before. Moreover I am aware those things exist. I'm not a Muslim apologist that will sit in denial of them.
P.S. I believe Saudi Arabia is trash.

So what now?

2 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by true2god: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
QueenSalewa:

LOL. Okay. I've heard all those before. Moreover I am aware those things exist. I'm not a Muslim apologist that will sit in denial of them.

So what now?
And you think an evil character like mohammed is a perfect guy that you must follow his sunnah? Then you need a paradign shift my sister.

As for saudi arabia, it is an ideal islamic state because they follow the sunnah of the islamic prophet to the letter, or are you telling me that the sunnah of mohammed is a trash?

I wanna learn from you.
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by Demmzy15(m): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
true2god:
[s]I like your name but you are ALMOST ignorant about islam and its promotion of extreme misogyny, especially in a conservative muslim nation like iran and saudi arabia. Woman in islam are treated as third class human beings.

Read up the islamic references I gave and come and testify the evils of mohammed (hiss be upon him).[/s]
Your problem is that you flex too much muscle, the lady didn't abuse anyone, she answered all with respect but because you're pained, you wrote up this garbage. A times I think you're a robot because a human being ought to possess sense especially when you claim you're educated, but no, you have nothing upstairs. Better go and join your other brothers in carrying that thing, at least you'll be useful!

2 Likes

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by Demmzy15(m): 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
QueenSalewa:

So what now?
Salam Alaikum sister, you shouldn't play so nice with this people, they'll just take you for granted! Look at this for example, he made you say you hate Saudi Arabia, soon he'll push you to the wall to despise Muslims in general. Don't toy with this people, may Allaah preserve you sister!

Ekale o!
Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by true2god: 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
QueenSalewa:

Ah. Yes. Reminder that the areas in the Qur'an which say that these people were the first Muslim are narratives of events that have happened. So, in context, when Mohammed said "I am the first of the muslims" the earlier verse begins with "Say (to the people he was addressing, The Qurayish, who were idolaters)"

"first muslim" is relative.

Abraham was the first submitter among his people.
Moses was the first submitter among his people.
Mohammed was the first submitter among his people.

Technically, the first muslim ever was the first human, Adam.
Your response hear is deceptive and you know it. You tried to cover-up for the inconsistencies in the quran. The quran calling mohammed, adam, moses, abraham 'first muslims' were never relative. The 'relative' coveat you attempt to introduce is your own way of helping allahh and his apostle. Can you please give preceeding verses that says the term 'first muslim' was used in a relative term? You might be a muslim but I might understand islamic theology than you do.

Still on the concept of the 'first muslim', you said the term was applicable to certain people in certain generations, if I get you right. But the quran consistently use the definite article 'the' which shows that we only have one 'first muslim', however that 'first muslim' was erroneously ascribed to different people (perparps the muslims think that we kafir will never read\understand the quran and\or the hadith).

Using your analogy, it can be deduced that we are not inherently born muslims, as muslim apologist always want us believe. And again, abraham parents were not muslims but abraham was the 'first muslim', moses' parents were not muslims but moses was also 'the first muslim'. Jesus' parents were not muslims because Jesus was also 'the first muslim'.

Can you see how silly islamic argument can be?

1 Like

Re: Confusion: Who Was The First Muslim ? by true2god: 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Demmzy15:

Your problem is that you flex too much muscle, the lady didn't abuse anyone, she answered all with respect but because you're pained, you wrote up this garbage. A times I think you're a robot because a human being ought to possess sense especially when you claim you're educated, but no, you have nothing upstairs. Better go and join your other brothers in carrying that thing, at least you'll be useful!
Are you saying that all the hadith and the quran I quran are garbage? So you no longer believe the trilogy of the quran, the hadith and the sirah?

Then you must also be 'the first muslim'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Break A Spell Or Magic - Jinn / Adam Abdullah Al-iloriy / Sunnahs Of Eid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.