Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Daily Devotional - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional (5859 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/07/17 / Daily Devotional. In Grace By Grace For Grace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:49am On Jun 18, 2016
We tend to use God as an ATM machine, when we want something, we call him, cry, beg and sometimes harass him, it might not get us far, but we feel if we blackmail God emotionally enough he'll answer us and give us what we want. When we don't get our prayers answered we wonder why, assume he doesn't love us, we get angry with him and push him to a corner in our lives, but we ignore or forget the things he previously asked of us. Some will confidently say, God never asked me or told me anything, when, where? But he has spoken to us at some point or the other where we ignored him so much that we stopped hearing from him. I asked a friend the other day how things were going and he said not good but he is still believing God will come through for him as he thinks this is what the bible said about long suffering and perseverance, I know God will come through for him when he finally gets round to doing what God told him to do a few years back. We can't keep slotting in our prayer cards at the Holy Ghost ATM machine expecting, then turn a deaf ear to what God asked us to do or say we are preparing ourselves to do what he asks once we get that all-time awaited breakthrough. Let us check ourselves and ask when was the last time God told us to do something and did we do it? If not go back to that point and reconnect with God through repentance and obedience.
Prayer
Lord Jesus if there is anything I have done to tarnish my relationship with you through disobedience or otherwise, please forgive me and let me come back on the right path with you. Holy Spirit please remind me what it is and give me the courage and ability to do it fully so I can begin to build my relationship back. Thank you Jesus for giving me the ability to be redeemed through your selfless sacrifice in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBD18rsVJHk
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:41am On Jun 19, 2016
In my teenage years and above, it was part of our roles as children in the house to do grocery shopping, I mean who else was going to do it?, we didn't expect our mum to leave her job and go get the groceries, right - didn't think so? Now as adults especially those living abroad we tend to do it all, rather than get our kids to do it and start being responsible - that is another story on its own. Grocery shopping meant visiting different stalls/ stops in the market in Africa, where I had a few regular. There was this particular lady, old enough to be my mother and she had a daughter my age. When we finished secondary school the daughter got a stall next to the mum selling other food items and I was surprised when she told me she didn't have any plans to go further in education or other training. I've often thought about her wondering where life took her, did she achieved her dreams and what was that dream because I know from seeing her on her first day at the stall, she didn't want to be there, but she had to, due to pressures or first day jitters - pick any. What are we too afraid to accomplish that pressure or fear has rerouted our journey. Mark 6 v 2-4 even our families can be a hindrance to our progress and eventual success, so what do we do, lay there and not achieve or breakout?
Prayer
Holy Spirit I thank you for helping me recognise your plans and enabling me to see where you are taking me to. It looks tough and impossible, but I have refused to look at it in the physical or think it. So Lord Jesus I will hold on to your words and allow it to change me so I can walk into you plans for me in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sGxAERGTQ
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2016
Went shoe shopping the other day and there was a sale on, buy one get the other half price. I didn't like the shoes as I have never fancied them and didn't think I was ever going to wear them, but the person I was in the shop with wanted one and they wanted it at the sale price too. (Ps. the shoe only has one main style and had just come out with a newer style) Obviously they couldn't get two, so they persuaded me to get the new style, although very comfy as lots of people wear them, but I don't just like them one bit. So I ended up with shoes I didn't want and shoes I didn't wear for two years, until one hot summer day when I was going somewhere that required me been on my feet for hours. My previous shopping mate suggested I wear the shoes, which I reluctantly did and ended up wearing them for the whole summer. We get comfortable with what we know and when introduced to something new, feel like fish out of water needing familiar references. It's like knowing and walking with Christ in the initial stages, we feel out of our depth and out of our comfort zone, but when we immerse ourselves in the word of God, we begin to develop a new comfort zone with Christ in it and the old one becomes our past, as we move from one relationship level to the next with Christ our confidence builds up. If you are not uncomfortable doing what Jesus Christ asked you to do initially, you have not started working towards your big reveal.
Prayer
Father as a new creation in Christ, I thank you for allowing me to come into your fold. Thank you for helping me grow in you, it was hard, I was disobedient to the point of outright refusal sometimes, but you were patient, firm and when required dragged me kicking and screaming, but you stuck with me and got me there just to make sure I did not miss my blessings. Thanks you LORD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBpI5HAO63Y
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2016
I noticed that some people see love in different ways, some feel they cannot live or do anything without the other person, while others especially those that reside in America use it like you say bye-bye at the end of a visit or phone conversation without any thought to it - love you, not sure about the authenticity, but they say it a lot. Others get heartbroken which affects their daily existence, while for some love has been used as a weapon. So chewing on these examples, how do we love God who we cannot see? We know he loves us as this has been proven through his coming and dying for us, John 3 v 16: but how do we know we truly love him and not pretend to love so we can get what we want from him. I had to stop and think, do I really love him and how do I know I love him when I can't see him and what proof do I have? 1 John 4 v 20. For us to love God, you have to believe in God and what he tells us, which means to have faith in God and once we have faith we trust him enough to fully depend and give everything to him, which means relinquishing control of everything to somebody we've never met. Meaning we have to totally depend on him, knowing that whatever he does is for our best interest. So we trust him like that - no proof of photo ID, utility bill or bank statement to support that, we just know he is faithful. To get there, we pray to him to give us fresh anointing of faith, closer relationship with him, to teach us how to love him and for our love to grow deeper with him as believing comes from within.
Prayer
Father this love thing is a new and strange feeling for me, you know me. I have never really loved before or where I did, I got it mixed up and I don't really know how to express love that well, so Holy Spirit teach me how to love you, help me express my love for you be it in my own way so I don't get confused, let me experience a great spiritual love for you, so it is not just one sided as I know you will always love me regardless of who I am, but I need to feel like that about you too Lord, so help me love you better in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:28am On Jun 22, 2016
Being faced with trials and tribulations and having to praise your way out hoping God is with you and seeing you through to the other end sounds like an impossible task, but it is doable. We go through different things in life some more than others, but it comes to a point when that saying of your crap, (as crazy as it is), looks better than the other person or few people becomes a total lie that even you are not willing to tell yourself just to feel good. Imagine looking at your trials and thinking how the heck did I end up with this much and verbally saying it out loud to your friends wishing you had their issues rather than yours is a hoot isn't it? Sometimes these things happen and then you read the bible, or same friend tells you to just keep praising and thanking God and you silently whisper for what? Don't add guilt to your issues, we've all done it, well most of us that have been dragged to hell and back, still alive. The saying is true though, you have to keep praising and thanking God through all of it as it’s the only way to get through it despite the fact that you are in the thick of it. Let's not get it twisted, it is hard, almost impossible to come out praising, but look at it this way wouldn't it be better to wipe that smug smile off the devil face with praises to God, if at all just that - so praises work, start praising God. John 16 v 33.
Prayer
Father I come to you to give me the strength to stand up above all my issues and be able to praise you. Lord is it hard, which is why I am coming to you as it is not by my might anymore. I have to rely on you to boost me so my attitude will change helping me to come to you and stay focused on you and your promises in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFauQ-9nhY
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
We look at life and wonder why we have prayed enough times regarding a particular situation and no shift, nada, nothing happens. It's because we are trying to deal with something that we are not equipped to handle ourselves? Sometimes you can't pray somethings out by yourself, hence men and women of God, or should we say prophets still exist. God says before we ask, he has heard us Isaiah 22 v 22 and while we are still speaking he has answered, so where is the answer in the physical? This is where Daniel's famous prayer mode comes in where he refused to stand up for 21 days until he got his answer from God, Daniel 10 v 12-13. We sometimes need to partner with somebody who has our best interest or a man or woman of God to lift the prayer cloud blocking our efforts, hence seeking a spiritual person to work with. After all Angel Michael had to partner with the messenger to release Daniel's answer. I use to think Jesus died for my sins to give me direct access to God through him and I have a mouth, so why can't I pray for myself, until I hit a brick wall and nothing shifted. We don't always know the tools, principles and laws given through our authority in Christ, so using them can be tricky, hence a person of God who understands some of these things.
Prayer
Holy Spirit help me recognise where I shouldn't be doing the same thing over and over again and to seek spiritual direction in everything. Father in all efforts to seek your face help me come to you in the right order in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfPJ4j5P5X8
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2016
When you're expecting from God, you keeping praying in different ways while you wait and the longer you wait, you start to wonder if you heard God correctly. Then your mind starts to play games on you and in strolls the devil, who is very good with feeding doubts into people's heads and before you know it you are entertaining and having a conversation with him and then reaching for the scriptures is a distant memory James 4 v 7: Which is why we have to meditate on the scriptures daily by starting with one verse initially then increasing it daily, this is like taking vitamins for the spirit, which also takes care of every other part of our lives 1 Peter 2 v 2:. The devil will not have room to come in as the mind will be strong and equipped to kick any interference out before it sets in. So start today, pick a quiet time and spend some good quality time immersing yourself in God's word to give you your daily booster.
Prayer
Father help me to grow as I have changed since I met you, but I cannot remain the same or go back, so Holy Spirit work with me to understand and follow the growth path you have designed especially for me in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtXUDx6ZDgk
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:30am On Jun 25, 2016
Am sure there is a great deal of frustration among believers and non-believers alike when it comes to unanswered prayers. Some believers have prayed so much that due to their prayers been unanswered, they have turned to unbelievers. While unbelievers feel, hey since my prayers are not answered, what's the point? There is another category that can't be bothered praying as they believe in themselves, while the last category are those that actually get 80%-90% of their prayers answered - for most of us in the first two categories we’ll take 40% if given. So what is it most of us are doing that is wrong, how are we coming to God that is different from the last group? God the Father is our source and provider, so he is our main target hence - he is the last bus-stop and to get to him, we have to go in the name of Jesus Christ, who has cleared and shown us the way and the Holy Spirit who helps us to get there by moulding us, teaching us, changing us, if we are willing and he also does things for us when we ask, such as to take control of our journey so we are able to get the promised provision that God the Father set aside for us. So how do we move from the current zero percent to top fifties and above? We have to enlist the help of our helper, go in the name of Jesus Christ our saviour and only son of God who is our intercessor. Praying is having a heart felt chat with God, it depends on your relationship and how you come to him to have the conversation, but the most important is, make sure you have forgiven any and everybody before you show up, if you haven’t forgiven take that to him first then come back later.
Prayer
Father I come to your court to state my case before you as you demanded for you to review my matter Isaiah 1 v 18; Isaiah 41 v 21: Your son and my Lord Jesus Christ died for my salvation giving me the chance to ask for forgiveness for all my sins as I repent. So Holy Spirit judge in my favour as I present myself to you for mercy, protection and breakthrough in this matter in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3tDA89Vrng
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:09am On Jun 26, 2016
Being able to adapt to new setting and a new way of life is a process and some people quickly embrace it, some it takes a while and they struggle, but they eventually get there, and for some they don't like change, so they don't even consider the benefits before they disregard it. Change can be good or bad depending on which of these groups you ask. A friend went to a Nigerian restaurant somewhere in London the other day and while he was sitting with his friends, some white ladies with their white kids came in. He automatically thought these people didn't read the signs outside the door, then they sat down and placed their orders and it looked like they knew what they were ordering, so he thought, right they have been hanging with a few Nigerians, it's going to be jollof or fried rice. It was when the food came and him and his friends saw how the 5 to 6 year olds were masterfully scooping the food in its combination format, let's not even talk about the mums, then they realised these were not food tourists or amateurs, but people who knew what they wanted and were ready to enjoy it too. When we get to know Christ Jesus, John 8 v 31-38: let us take our time by reading the word, learn how to serve him well and drop every perception of what he can or cannot do. Knowing Christ entails change, buckle up and be prepared to change and enjoy it while in the process as there are a lot of new things he will show and teach you, guaranteed you will not remain the same.
Prayer
Father I give myself to you to change me, teach me, mould me and make me into the person you want me to become. Give me wisdom and knowledge so I can understand and follow your ways as I know I need to change in every area of my life , especially my mindset so as to meet your plans for me in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRZDHmlmKCU
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:13am On Jun 27, 2016
Our relationship with God matters a great deal as this is the only way we can get God's full protection. When we are under his full covering, we grow in his knowledge and wisdom, we understand how to serve him better which means we also know how to come into his presence to tell him anything concerning or bothering us. Yes God knows what we want and what our issues are, but we need to come to his presence to tell him and if you don't know him how are you going to form the words to communicate this to him Psalm 95 v 1-7: It's like you going up to the bank manager at your bank, where you hardly know the person and telling them all your problems and asking them to come to your aid fully without any expectations from you and for them to ensure they sort every issue out. If you were the bank manager what'll be your response if someone came to you with their issues like that? Ok, so this is a rhetorical question as I can feel a backlash of answer, which are not Christian like.
Prayer
Holy Spirit teach me how to know you better and how to come to you in worship and any other time so I can get to know you and enjoy your presence in my life. Give me wisdom and knowledge to seek you and understand how to serve and please you as I want to be pleasing to you always in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJBN-2jgiHY
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2016
Is grace sufficient enough or do we have to put works to action. Most people do not want to give 100% to God as they've got to have a place that allows them to pretend to serve God wholeheartedly, while they’re still live in the world. So they change God's words to suit their need or life. We complain about things not going well for us and we state how long we have prayed, fasted, paid whatever in tithes and offering just to move the mountain in front of us, but we fail to realise that the simplest thing we should be doing is focusing and having a meaningful relationship with God so he can tell us what to do to actually sort our issues out, if at all we need to be getting involved in the sorting. So how do we do that, we have to submit totally everything to God Proverbs 3 v 5-6: believing that he will provide 100%, by also asking him to change us, refined us, make us obedient not only when we want something, but all the time, then building the all important relationship that has been lacking. When you focus on the things of God, he too will meet your needs as he knows you have bills to pay. The difference between God and the world is that he gives you peace and you are not indebted or need to pay back with a pound of flesh.
Prayer
Father where I have been resisting you, those areas that I haven’t opened up and given to you, touch me so I can change to be fully submissive. I couldn’t do it due to one thing or the other, but now am ready to give it all to you through my hurt, stubbornness, selfishness or other reasons I hold on to making me feel good or in charge. Father forgive me in Jesus name. Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQahEXwH90k
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:16am On Jun 29, 2016
When they say come to God in the right way, it must puzzle people what that means. Look at it this way, God made us higher than Angels and for us to have companionship and to reason with when we come to him, not as equals but as people he can have a meaningful relationship with. So can you imagine his disgust and disappointment when he sees us carrying ourselves lower than the animals he got Adam to name or when we come to him begging after he has already placed us at such high standards and made available to us all that we need Psalm 8 v 3-8: (Genesis 1 v 26: we are lower than Elohim and not Angels) Can you see why Satan and his cronies think they have a chance to challenge the maker of heaven and earth and why we as humans are being laughed at by evil spirits and demons? When we, his most priced possessions cannot even see ourselves as royalty, why won’t they laugh? Now he has to show and teach us second time round, giving us our own private tutor, helper and counsellor, yet some of us still don’t get it. I remember a parent telling me their child was unteachable and I was like come on, nobody is unteachable, but I must admit at some point during the course of my dealings with the child, I almost agreed., until the child turned the corner and finally started getting it. We are all work-in-progress, so let us be willing and open to learning and taking instructions on how God wants to change us. Obadiah 17: Let us stop being timid and passive and take possession of what God already ordained us for, because if we cannot make our mark here on earth, what’s the point saving a place for us in eternity?
Prayer
Holy Spirit I cannot do it without you, so please help me get back to the level God the Father expects me to be at, work with me so my commitment level will improve and be better, teach me the things I need to know so I can move myself from this position where I am been dominated to being subservient to God and the high position God the creator destined for me in the beginning as I begin to know who and what I am meant to be in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbNZZ0hvGUQ
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:18am On Jun 30, 2016
Father I thank you for coming into my life and situation and turning it around Genesis 50 v 20: When things are going well for you initially and you have no worries other than the usual ones life tends to bring, we get complacent and sometimes oblivious of what is in store for the future. Then the enemy strolls into our situation and shakes things up, putting us to the test and all we know gets thrown out as we scramble for control and survival. For those that really want their lives back, they'll do anything and sometimes be anything, but how far are you willing to go to get it back? I found that with God, you have to throw everything thing in and let him take control. So when Joseph told his brothers that he knew their intentions, but God had a different plan, we have to take those words and run with it, as nobody, no matter how powerful they may think they are, can challenge God when he is behind you.
Prayer
Father I thank you for having my back despite the plans of the enemy, as they plotted, you used it for your glory and taught me how to believe in you, Lord thank you in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JXFg5KEoXg
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:10am On Jul 01, 2016
Do we ever review our past and use it to deal with current situation? Do we have lots of regrets that we can't seem to resolve? It's not all situations we are in that we blame on the devil, some we actually concocted ourselves to get us to the position we are in, but as usual we shift the blame to somebody else. What have you been glossing over in your past and have swept under the carpet that is affecting your life right now that you are have failed to admit. I have this acquaintance who argues and would not even agree when they are at fault, so this affects future events or situations that arises so they have lots of regrets and pent up anger. They are not prepared to discuss the past as it is too painful, even pictures or mare mention of past events, boyfriends/ girlfriends stirs up an argument. So how do you move forward if you don't find out where you went wrong in the past? When are you going to admit to yourself that you did wrong somewhere in your past and agree that you had a part to play in the situation and are willing to accept your portion of blame? Once you admit to that, it doesn't mean you are a write-off, it just means you are ready to work out your issues and that is when you channel your prayers constructively to God telling him to deal with whatever name you have finally called your issues. When God refines us, he takes us along the process so we know what areas have been dealt with, but if we are not prepared to admit let alone go through the process, how are we going to get help? John 14 v 16-17; John 14 v 26-27:
Prayer
Father I have been hiding and admitting to myself that I had no issues, I have closed a chapter without fully dealing with the issues, Holy Spirit help me as I am sometimes ashamed to go back, let alone admit it, but I know I cannot hide from you. So I bring it to you, regardless of how difficult it is and would be for me, I give it to you to take full control and make it right, help me see myself how you see me in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxNO3KBQfmU
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:06am On Jul 02, 2016
As a young student in secondary school, we go through various encounters both with students and teachers alike and this can have an impact on how you turn out and your values. I remember having an encounter with a new graduate doing compulsory services at my school, this usually lasted about 3 terms. He was being inappropriate with a friend and because I wouldn't leave for him to have his private chat, he got mad and told me off and knowing we were on an equal playing field - I mean if he could lower himself to hit on my classmates, I could treat him like any ol body right. So as stubborn as I was then, I went to town with him and cussed him so bad he turned round and told me I would never amount to anything Proverbs 18 v 21: - can you believe my own teacher who was meant to inspire, encourage and tell me the world is my oyster telling me such rubbish? Did I already mention I was stubborn, ok so I did, because I told him the teaching job was the best he was ever going to have as I was meant for greatness! Before anybody pulls me up on that, I already asked God for forgiveness knowing who I am in Christ now, but the point here is are we allowing what people tell us in the past or present affect our outlook in life, thus hindering our possibilities? We need to get ourselves out of such negative utterances and decree new positive words for our lives as that is key to becoming who God wants you to be. Use the words of God to reverse every negative and curse words spoken to you or upon your life.
Prayer
Father I come to your courts to change all negative utterances placed on my life by myself or other people, I declare and decree it null and void from this moment onwards and I use my own tongue to begin to decree good things upon my life family and generations from now in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZeO_8n1lpM
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:13am On Jul 03, 2016
After expecting from God for a while and knowing what he promised, I was surprised that I was still waiting for a while longer than expected. So desperate one-day, I took my tithes and spoke to God. Telling him I know what he has promised me, but am not seeing it in the physical, I heard what he said, but I needed him to quicken my breakthrough as I was really desperate as he could see. After setting the scene I then asked the Holy Spirit and my Lord Jesus Christ to go before me to intercede on my behalf, I told God the Father what I needed and why and as Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit were interceding for me I then made my petition before God. I know some people say God is not a magician, but he moved quickly for them, so I want mine too. I can vouch for that, men he sure moves in the physical system faster than anything you know! Who says God cannot intervene or review a situation favourably, that person has not heard of my God the Father, the son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 38 v 1-9. Approach God the right way, make sure you don't have any sin of unforgiveness towards anybody and see him move in your favour.
Prayer
Father as you did it for Hezekiah, as you reviewed his case again, look at my case again. Father as you also changed his situation for the better, do mine also. Thank you for hearing my prayers and acting quickly to change my situation in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hHB-bznqpc
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:26am On Jul 04, 2016
So I was sitting minding my own business, getting along with life when things started going crazy and I thought how do I sort this crap out and as usual I try to use past experience in resolving the issues, but nothing worked. So I asked God and he said come to me and I'll give you rest. So I thought about for a split second and because I was desperate I said fine show me where to sign up. Not knowing exactly what I was signing up for. So while I am walking with God, he started fixing things I didn't know existed or didn't think were priority and I kept trying to bring his attention back to why I signed up in the first place and all he said was I have something better. I had to get to the point where I had to trust him and believe that what he has is better for me to stop bugging him for my miserly request. Are our views about God's vision for us still skewed and narrow that we are failing to see the bigger picture he is trying to project? John 15 v 1-8
Prayer
Father help me see myself the way you see me, so I can realign and refocus my plans and aspirations to fall in line with yours so I can begin to bear fruit that are fruitful in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMUZD1aaAHk
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2016
Do we ever challenge God? I mean in a nice way by going back to what he initially told us, because a lot of us seem to have forgotten why we read out the bible verses out loud. When we read God's words back to him, it's meant to remind him of his promises and to also remind us of what he has told us he'll do for us. So are you doing as instructed? I know that when I was in the world doing my own thing, it wasn't the best, but from my end it was good until Jesus Christ showed up in my life and said if I thought I was living the life, I don't know what living really was, so he asked me to follow him and he'll teach me how to live large John 15 v 16: When things were not going as expected I went back to him saying in your promise you said this, this and that, but it’s not happening, so tell me if there is anything that needs to be done from my own end to make your promise happen, as I have expectations now. So he told me a few things and with the help of the Holy Spirit we have been working on them and now I have started seeing the promises coming through – world watch-out as am coming out in Jesus name. He can't promise you and not deliver, so check your status with him and find out where you are not pulling your weight and sort it out so you can start getting delivery of blessings promised.
Prayer
Father I thank you for choosing me and selecting me to be a part of your kingdom and your works. Thank you for picking me as I know I am special and it’s not everybody that you selected obey your words, so I thank you that I did through your grace upon my life. Holy Spirit teach me to continuously be obedient to your words so my life can be reshaped spiritually in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe9qRXe9yAc
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2016
We all want God blessings, protection, comfort, peace, favour and all, but are we prepared to go through the process. God promised us blessings here and it not like Abraham's time where he didn't see the many nations or children as many as the dust of the earth, but that's what the coming of Jesus Christ's has done Genesis 13 v 16; Genesis 17 v 4. It has changed things to a new order where we can now see the promises of God here on earth in our lifetime and we can ask for it ourselves through Jesus Christ Hebrew11 v 13. So are you expecting like our father Abraham who had faith, but due to his age could not see the promise or have you adjusted your thinking to how Jesus intended it to be and expect heaven to touch earth just for you? If you haven't, you better start changing your mindset and for those that have, go back to the word of God and pick any scripture that matches your situation and break that barrier in Jesus name allowing your expectations to be fulfilled.
Prayer
Father I come to your sanctuary in the name of your son Jesus Christ to put my case forward as I know his coming has opened the way for me to come to you to make my case. I also come with the Holy Spirit as my counsellor and my Lord Jesus Christ as my intercessor to ask for you to review my case and judge in my favourite in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDC7NeVfc30
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2016
When I read the bible scriptures, greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world 1 John 4:4, I started to wonder why do so many of us allow our negative thoughts about ourselves or who we think may or may not be manipulating our future keep us down? How can we rise up above all the fear, anxiety, doubt, paranoia etc and go for it. It then came to me that if we can believe and really come to terms with the fact that the spirit that resurrected Jesus Christ from the dead, is the same spirit that lives in us once we have accept him as our Lord and saviour, then we also have the power and means to get out of whatever situation we are in or were afraid of. So it is all about changing our position in the spiritual world and taking back control and knowing that you have the backing of the only living God, so it's nothing like when you call on him, he'll be asleep or cannot be reached and you have to go to voicemail, no he shows up immediately, because he has an obligation, but we have to give it to him, otherwise he cannot touch it.
Prayer
Father I place all my issue at your feet as I cannot and will not pretend to be in charge, yet still be struggling with them. Lord take control and teach me how to trust and depend on you, strengthen my belief so I come out confidently using my authority in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hHB-bznqpc
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2016
Believing in God's word is easier said than done and you can only testify to this when you are faced with a difficult situation and your faith is tested and that is predominantly all you've got to hold on to - The Word. Roman 10 v 8-13: when people say trust in God, we say oh yes we do when the trials and tribulations are only miniscule, but when faced with a family member being
diagnosed with a disease, or you literally can't pay your rent or put food on the table, or are battling with abuse of some sort, then you truly get it. This is where believing in the word of God really kicks in and you take a step back and start looking at the words in bits and realising what was meant when they said meditate on the word of God, because it is speaking to you and you now get it. So when you now open your mouth to proclaim and confess it, you are doing it in whatever format and language that gets you there and not trying to be eloquent, as right now you don't even care who understands you, so long as God knows what you are talking about and you truly believe everything he says.
Prayer
Father thank you for helping me to know and understand the impact of meditating on your words even if it meant me getting to the lowest point of my life to get it, I proclaim and confess your promises in my life shall come to pass in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDzFlgp1fg0
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2016
There is reading the bible and reading and understanding what is read. Am sure a few of us read the bible and don't really know the gravity of what God is saying in the words and we take it at face value. When you get tired of hearing other people's testimony and want yours or when people pray for you and still nothing happens, that's when you need to sit up and ask yourself if the bible can only be understood in the other person's language and not yours? When you get to the point where you are desperate to understand the word how God intended for you to hear and understand it, you will join a good bible study group Hebrews 10:25 and start reading ahead just to be able to ask the right questions to aid your growth process, as you are done wasting time. With this new found knowledge you can start ripping apart the words and finding out how much authority and promises God has for you as opposed to listening to others tell you second-hand or give testimony while you wonder, when is mine going to come.
Prayer
Holy Spirit as my teacher and helper, touch my heart so I can understand the word of God when I read it, open my ears so I can hear and understand when I hear the word explained and open my eyes so I can see the things you want me to see in the scriptures as I embark on my spiritual growth and journey in Jesus name, Amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGOjJhMd3A
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:13am On Jul 10, 2016
Working in the corporate world, I got chatting with a colleague a while back and we got on the subject of religion and I told him I was a Christian then he told me he was a born-again Christian. I knew there was a difference, but didn't want to embarrass myself by asking, so I told him I attended an Anglican church and he didn't ask me if I was born again or considered giving my life to Christ. So after that it was we did this and that at church, while I didn't have much to report until I left. I wonder what would've happened if he had tried to lead me to Christ then? He knew I was African and we do religion a lot, but didn't take advantage of it or probably didn’t want to invade my religious space. I know he probably thought I could say no, but there is no harm in putting it out there and seeing what it'll catch right. Let us not miss out on telling people about Christ at every opportunity, the most they'll say is no, be it in a nasty way or politely. So I went on with my life and it took me over a decade to finally come to know Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 If you have not yet given your life to Christ, have a good think and ask yourself why? What are you enjoying right now that you cannot get in the Kingdom of God? My take is, you really don’t have anything to loose being in Christ than being without? So if you are thinking you don't want to change, again ask yourself whatever you change into would it be better or worse being in Christ?
Prayer
Father I come to your accepting my Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior and that through him my sins are forgiven and I am saved as I confess and turn away from my sins, so Holy Spirit help and teach me to surrender all to you so you can refine and bring me to Christ regardless of the changes I will encounter in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOKn7l17Feo
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:22am On Jul 11, 2016
When we know and believe what God has told us and we still worry whilst waiting on God, it can be very debilitating as your expectations move to anxiety and that's a different ballgame. You have been waiting long enough, what's still holding it, then you start to wonder if he said he'll do it, why hasn't he done it as nobody can stop God when he says yes. You start to check and analyse your faith level and definition of faith to make sure it's the right kind of faith you exhibit and still nothing. Philippians 4 v 6-7: So what are you still afraid off, what do you know deep down about your God? Do you know he has prepared a way for you, that he loves you, that your sins are forgiven, that he says what he means and he means what he has spoken upon your life? So why the panic and anxiety as he knows there is a time scale that you are looking at, but he has his own time frame that is correct as he can see your future and knows what is round the corner, but you can't. So what do you know that God doesn't? As when he says he will bless you in the midst of your enemies, he has gathered them around you, so they don't miss it when he starts to perform in your life Psalm 23 v 5.
Prayer
Father I thank you that you are the all-knowing and all-seeing God, I thank you that I can bring my anxiety and fears for you to turn around so I will not be a hindrance to my own breakthrough, God only you are powerful enough to bless me in the midst of my enemies, thus annoying them more, so I thank you in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyCdFDXxMNQ
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2016
Watching Tennis the other day between two female players one of them played a drop shot to the other who is known to be the queen of drop shots, thinking the queen wasn’t going to be able to make it on time. The smile on the queen’s face after she won the point was like; am the Queen of drop shots and you are still a baby, don't you dare play with me using my tricks and think you'll win as I invented it. That is how the devil feels when we start to entertain him by answering and having conversations with him. We enter his court, where the rules are unknown and too dynamic to us and we think we are capable of handling him on our own strength Genesis 3:1-4. It is impossible to defeat the devil on our own, so when things start to happen to us, we fail to link it to what we have done previously or what doors we mistakenly opened and forgot to shut. The joy of being a born again Christian is that you constantly work to improve your relationship with God and he in turn protects you without asking for protection money like the mafia or insurance companies.
Prayer
Father I thank you for your protection even when I don’t know it, I thank you that you have given me your word in the bible for me to use to tune down the third irrelevant voice in my head so I can hear and focus on you more. Help me prioritise my time more efficiently so I can spend more time reading your words and getting to know you better in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ped8ZloKdWw
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2016
When we pray, go to church and put in whatever time we have in reading the bible and everything seems to be going well, we tend not to question or take another look at odd events that play out in front of us until we have a challenge or trial. Sometimes you don't see it coming and by the time you realise it, you are knee deep in it and how long you get stuck in your trials and challenges is dependent on your mental state. When your mental state is frail you start to work against yourself even when God tells you he has done it, you single handedly start to sabotage yourself. You then drag your emotions into it and that start going on a downward spiral and before you know it, your spiritual and family life gets affected, which has an impact on your physical being then your finances and that's when most people start to look for external intervention. How do we put the brakes on before we get to this point? How do we hit pause while we are in the free fall journey? We bring it to God and repeat his words 1 Corinthians 10 v 13.
Prayer
Lord I know you said we will have trials and tribulations, but you also said you will be with us and that you will give us peace, so I ask that while everything is going crazily out of control right now, give me peace and come to my rescue as I cannot get a grip of this situation in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6wG7qyJrfY
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2016
There is a saying that when someone holds money too tightly it degenerates into talc powder and becomes useless for all as they’re too stingy. When we are expecting from God we ask him, we declare and decree, we claim, manifest and then begin to praise him. It may work for some issues, depending on how big your blessings are and what God has planned for you, but for the other issues where God expects you to make a difference with what he is about to give you, you sometimes find yourself still waiting and you wonder why, what next? We forget to open our hands to release what we are currently holding so we can take a hold of what God is giving us. You have to give it to God for him to touch it and magnify it for him to then return it back bigger. To be able to do that, you need to get into the mind set of letting go and surrendering all to God, getting to this point is not easy by your own efforts, but through the power of Holy Spirit. Once you release your hold on the material physical things, regardless of how desperate you are and surrender, you are not constrained to this world and God knows that you have bills as he feeds the birds of the air daily, how much more you the apple of his eyes. Matthew 6 v 26-30.
Prayer
Father your words promises to provide for me, but I need to know how to come to you in the right way, so Holy Spirit teach me what I need to know and how I need to come to you so all my fears, physical, emotional and mental baggage are dropped so I can get close to you in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMb8g8cOgE
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2016
Was talking to a friend the other day after 8 years of not being in contact and he makes a statement and says - but you know me! I had to tell him am sorry, but I don't know you that well as it’s been 8 years. He then tried to tell me he hasn't changed and neither have I as I still come across as the same person and that's where I had to stop him as I know in 8 years I have changed. He could only vouch for me 8 years prior as we knew each other then and he could trust me, but after that he doesn't know if I've delved into the wild side or how much? We only know and trust something when it's working in our everyday lives and once that stops or changes then we cannot vouch for it anymore. What are we reading in the bible and how are we applying it to our everyday lives? When we are distressed do we call to the Lord, do we cry out to our God for help? Psalm 18 v 6 and depending on the type of issues, do we go to the bible to use the relevant scriptures to support our supplication to God? Jesus Christ said if we ask the Father anything in his name, we will get it, but we have to read the word to know that these promises are in there John 16 v 23-24.
Prayer
Lord Jesus you came to show me that the only way to the Father is through you and that all I have to do is ask in your name, so Father I come to your throne and I ask for peace, good health, and a better spiritual relationship with you, strengthening of my family, church and other relationships in my life as you have promised to hear from your throne and answer in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiqeEnyMb8
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:57am On Jul 16, 2016
People say am very trusting and I used to get taken for a mug as time and again people have told me things or I have come into agreement with people and I always make sure I honour my end, but find out that the other person does not even remember the agreement or it turns out what they told me was not true, especially when am sticking up for them in an argument and end up looking like a fool. So I use to be cheesed off and cuss them out, which usually makes the relationship sour, but I didn't care as they made me show my other personality 1 Peter 2: 21-24. So now I can proudly say I only have one personality and all sorts have tried bringing the other one back, but Christ has put a lid on it as I couldn't do it by my own strength, so had to give it to him. When they say been a new being in Christ, we should know where he took us from and where he wants to get us to and be ready to fellowship with him to get to that level of commitment and understanding, as he cannot use you if am not ready or are resistant.
Prayer
Holy Spirit teach me to be Christ like as I go through this journey of life, help me to continue to change and be committed so that the way I come to God is pure and righteous in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMIY__Ydrq8
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Most Africans don't do travel or any other kind of insurance, I think it's the idea of how preposterous it is to pay somebody else to protect you on a regular basis as our belief is that God will protect us. That's the confidence we have in him, but when it comes to believing him for everything else, we start to make excuses and inwardly refuse to give all our issues to him. A friend asked me the other day why I would think of traveling somewhere he considered dangerous as the crime rate was always on the increase and thought I shouldn’t go. I know he cares and probably did not want to go through the process of receiving the dreaded phone call, but I told him heck no as I have God to protect me, as travel insurance wasn't going to build a protective wall around me So he asked if God did bullet proof protection, as we Africans tend to call God in everything. I remember telling him I refuse to pick and choose what I give to God as he owns the earth, so wherever he takes me belongs to him - ok, still a true African mentality, but I know I still have work to do for God here on earth and he’s not done with me yet; now that is the confidence I have in my God.
Prayer
Deuteronomy 31 v 6: Father I thank you that when you promised to go with me, you meant all situations and not just some did not mean for some issues, but all. I thank you that I am able to hold on to your words as you promised and know that you will never forsake me because you are a faithful God, so I will not be terrified or afraid as you are with me in this journey of my life in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3wwWFsSlNQ
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2016
Life is funny and we have to look at every situation, regardless of how trying it is at that moment to see the humour. Am sure you must have heard of cases where you introduce your mutual friends to each other and they turn round and gang up on you to either discredit you or ruin you. An acquaintance reconnected with an old friend who did such and asked what went down, only to find out they only took the word of their 'new friend' and ran with it. Not even bothering to honour the longtime friendship by listening to the original friend's account. Portiphar did not even ask Joseph his side of his story before he threw him into prison for an alleged report from his wife, so this is an ongoing issue we might all encounter. Genesis 39 v 19-21: I know most of us will not feel like laughing then, but just like Joseph Genesis 41 v 41-44who God used his circumstances to lift him up, he ended up laughing at the end. If you have been lifted by such or are still in the situation, God will grant you favour that will change and lift you out of the situation.
Prayer
Father if there is anywhere my name is being defamed, anywhere my character is being assassinated I thank you that as I come to you now, you are in my corner and as good as you are merciful, you are turning it around and lifting me up like you did Joseph in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TAUh9Oc-pA
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:09am On Jul 19, 2016
While I worked with a born-again Christian at a corporate organisation, I was amazed at how God sorted him out at crucial opportunities. Although I was a Christian, but not born-again I was able to see God's hand in his life professionally. Although I called it luck then, but in hindsight, I now know God was taking care of his own. Yes I did pray and got them answered, but when it came to that kind of quick action prayers, I pulled a short straw next to him as when the organisation was downsizing, we the contractors were the first to be laid off. Proverbs 4:7 Every single contractor was laid off and this born-again guy was a contractor like myself, but for some reason, which thinking about it now still doesn't make sense, he got an extension of additional months on his contract – with some reason about him being the one with the project knowledge so if everybody left, who will pass that knowledge on; like huh? When you belong to the Kingdom of God, your finances are relocated to God's Kingdom, under his financial section, so tell me how anybody can tamper with it?
Prayer
Father I could not claim you then, but I claim you now and I thank you for your mercy and grace that has set me free allowing and giving me the privileged to relocate my life, family, health, finances and everything pertaining to my life to the kingdom of God in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVVGby7zZs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Jesus god? / How To Catch Fake Mog's Who Speak In Tongues (8+2) / ABOMINATION! Woman Stripped Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.