Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,694 members, 7,844,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED (846 Views)

$50m Loot: DG NIA diverted Gej's 2015 Campaign Funds- Deji Adeyanju / N500 Million Meant To Rebuild Chibok School May Have Been Diverted – Governor / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by gbedighamfa: 8:03am On Apr 18, 2016
The Bayelsa State bailout fund(N1.28bn) meant for the payment of Local Govt staff of the state(which was delayed to avoid its diversion for election), has been diverted all the same.

News reaching me from a union member has it that the state government is perfecting plans to pay only a month salary after bribing an influential Exco member of the state NULGE with N60m when some L.G.A.s are being owed up to 10 months.

It might interest you to know that January, February & March allocations were not disbursed to the outgone L.G. Chairmen, meaning the state government has at its disposal over N2.5bn which, considering the wage bills of the 8 L.G.A.s, is enough to pay at least four(4) months salaries across the eight L.G.A.s.

FEDERAL GOVT PLEASE COME TO OUR AID. The fund has been kept for a different use. Paying a month salary out of between 5-10½ months salary arrears is callous & inhuman considering the fact that many L.G. workers took loans from their (salary acc) banks.

1 Like

Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by northvietnam(m): 8:04am On Apr 18, 2016
Ok
Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by afroniger: 8:12am On Apr 18, 2016
gbedighamfa:
The Bayelsa State bailout fund(N1.28bn) meant for the payment of Local Govt staff of the state(which was delayed to avoid its diversion for election), has been diverted all the same.

News reaching me frm a union member has it that the state government is perfecting plans to pay only a month salary after bribing an influential Exco member of the state NULGE with N60m some L.G.A.s are being owed up to 10 months.

It might interest you to know that January, February & March allocations were not disbursed to the outgone L.G. Chairmen, meaning the state government has at its disposal over N2.5bn which, considering the wage bills of the 8 L.G.A.s, is enough to pay at least four(4) months salaries across the eight L.G.A.s.

FEDERAL GOVT PLEASE COME TO OUR AID. The fund has been kept for a different use. Paying a month salary out of between 5-10½ months salary arrears is callous & inhuman considering the fact that many L.G. workers took loans from their (salary acc) banks.

Op, are you sure about your source? Because this is a very serious allegation o.

2 Likes

Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by Michaeluzomam(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2016
Excuse me!
Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Really? How did u know?
Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by 989900: 8:36am On Apr 18, 2016
As usual.
Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by gbedighamfa: 8:41am On Apr 18, 2016
afroniger:

Op, are you sure about your source? Because this is a very serious allegation o.
Very very sure. I have been following proceedings closely since. The only thing I'm not very sure of is the amount given to the saboteur NULGE executive

1 Like

Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by afroniger: 8:42am On Apr 18, 2016
gbedighamfa:

Very very sure. I have been following proceedings closely since. The only thing I'm not very sure of is the amount given to the saboteur NULGE executive
Kai! This is too bad. embarassed
Re: BAYELSA STATE BAILOUT FUND HAS BEEN DIVERTED by gbedighamfa: 9:08am On Apr 18, 2016
Now the erstwhile bouyant economy of the state is at an all time low.Since there are hardly any companies in the state, the economy is hugely dependent on funds from the F.G. in the form of allocation and now L.G. staff that form a large chunk of the population have huge salary arrears, while state workers were paid Jan salary just recently with many of them receiving credit alert of just about a hundred naira since they took loans from their banks.

All of us are facing the hardship because patronage of businesses is superlatively poor since there is hardly any cash in circulation. Nigeria is broke I know but the Bayelsa situation is beyond being broke.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Way Nigeria "We Paid FG $42bn In Five Years – Shell" / Buhari Congratulates IBF World Heavyweight Champion / Sai Buhari 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.