Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (212666 Views)

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Divfav(m): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
Pls I wil be glad to have the report. Also sorry for requesting late. Ajisomo19@yahoo.com
Thanks with a deep sense of respect.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by ladylco: 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
Divfav:
Pls I wil be glad to have the report. Also sorry for requesting late. Ajisomo19@yahoo.com
Thanks with a deep sense of respect.

I dont think the so called report exits!

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Slaw12: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pls what are my chances I already have a Us citizen as a baby but I can't wait till when he will be 18 to file for me? Pls can u or anyone who has the report forward it to femioyatope@yahoo.com... Thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by guiddoti: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
hartson:
what's this report everybody seem to be clamouring for?what is it about?
I wonder, too. I guess it can't be from wikileak's report haha

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by hartson(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
guiddoti:
I wonder, too. I guess it can't be from wikileak's report haha
wonders
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by ganilat4: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2016
@jwilling,pls kindly send me the reports, hope is not too late to ask, u Guys are wonderful with ur useful information. Email :Ganiyubutoneday@yahoo.com. God will blessed u.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by ganilat4: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2016
@jwilling,pls kindly send me the reports, hope is not too late to ask, u Guys are wonderful with ur useful information. Email :Ganiyubutoneday@yahoo.com.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Good morning all.@jwillng please forward the free report to my mail. judithidogho@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by helen88: 12:10am On Nov 03, 2016
@jwillng,thanks for d encouragement,pls i also need d report sent to my email: akinyomideh@yahoo.com.God bless.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by nk(f): 6:21am On Nov 03, 2016
Please kindly send me the report too nklicia@yahoo.com thank you.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by omoluka: 11:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
jwillng:

Ok-I will.
Bros please, send the free report to my e-mail: rtmv16@gmail. com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Dmt1981: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
@Jwilling, are you still in the US? Please send report to michaelbalogun@live.com thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Modele35: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
i also need the report too... omodeleo@yahoo.com pls anyone who has it should send to me
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by NoobSaibot1: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
SmartMugu:

I may be wrong, but I think it's fairly easier to get a US visa these days than in the past. I mean it like about 15 years ago, getting a US visa was something huge. Some folks would even go as far as celebrating because they got a visa.

These days, it appears everyone I knew back then comes to the US whenever they like. I even have a notorious friend that comes here like once a month for the past two years for just pleasure. This year alone, I think I may have had about 6 old friends visit me, and I'm expecting about 3 more in June. I guess I was somewhat famous for the wrong reasons back in school in Nigeria and old friends still remember me whenever they're in the US.

Flashing back to when I knew the people that visited, none had a visa before or never thought about getting one. But now, a visa is really nothing to them. Some have even visited at least 30 countries in Europe, North America, and Asia.

What I noticed about these set of people is that they are actually doing well in Nigeria themselves and have no reasons to abandon their families and their lives in Nigeria to become what the US government terms 'public charge'. You may want to Google that up to understand their thought approach.

I think the idea is pretty simple. Most governments don't want visitors to become liabilities to them, and all you have to do is prove to them you won't become a liability to their government.
How you can prove that to them could be proof that you're married (if you are or if you've already told them you are), bank statements showing your financial standing, proof of landed properties in Nigeria, proof of income of you're employed, stock earnings etc. You don't have to have all, just something to show you're ok in Nigeria and have no reasons not to return to your country. Everyone can say that verbally, but all US relies on is 'documented proof'.

If you're based in Lagos or know people in Lagos, I think it makes it much easier for you if you don't have all these documents. I said that cos back then, boys in Oluwole in Lagos Island can get you any travel document you need. That used to be one of my hustles back in Nigeria. I lost contacts with all the boys I knew there over the years, but it's easy. You don't even need a travel agent to do all this yourself. Just get some contacts with a trustworthy person in Lagos Island, and they'll hook you up with the right people. Unless thongs have changed now. You won't need this if you have legit documents to show them at the embassy, but back then most people around me visited Oluwole to generate travel document - bank statement, marriage certificates, divorce papers, proof of employment, proof for landed properties, etc for prospective travelers.

When you get your visa and you're enroute, please remember the same concept applies until you get out of the airport anywhere in the US. I mean you do need to still show the immigrations you have no plans to become 'public charge'. After stepping out of the airport, you can decide to change your mind and do what you really had in mind.
I stated that because I had friend that visited and got deported right at the airport here in Atlanta. I waited for hours outside the airport to pick him up, he didn't show up and I had no way to know if he missed his flight or something. I got a call from him in Nigeria a few days later telling me he got deported right at the airport. I thought that must have been painful, considering the stress he went through to get the visa in the first place (especially the ugly long queue at the embassy), the cost of of the flight etc.

I think it was his fault. It's all pyschology. That was his first time visiting the US. At the port of entry, he was asked a simple question that he failed. He already told them at the embassy he just wanted to visit, and had succeeded in meeting their requirements, got a visa and messed up at the airport because he forgot the lines he started with.
At the port of entry, he was asked "You said your friend is waiting for you outside and you'll be staying with him through your trip. If your friend offers you a job while you're here, would you take it?" A sane response would have been "No, because I have a family, a good job, many properties etc in Nigeria and have no reasons to leave them for any reason". Instead, my friends response was "Why not, I can do any job. I'm a very hardworking man. I even have a masters degree..." That statement automatically ruined his chances and he got deported because he forgot the lines he started with.

Good luck bro.

Hey,

Thanks for this input. I did apply, got the visa, went and came back.

It actually pays to be honest. I was quick enough to come clean for the VO. My visa was granted and I had never stepped foot outside Nigeria before!

God did it!

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by lymelyte(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2016
This report doesn't exist.. you guys should stop demanding for the report.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by cashmyles: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
ANYBODY WITH JWILLNG 'S REPORT SHOULD PLS EMAIL ME AT faturotiakinola@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
Please bros, it is my uttermost desire to come over there. Infact , number 1 priority on my list. Please, like how much do I need for processing?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 16, 2016
God will make it happen
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by raregem1andonly(f): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2016
I got my visa and will be visiting next month by Gods grace. So pls Oga and the rest I will appreciate your hospitality. Pls any idea how much is flight to new York? Pls help
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
try wakanow.com and please pick emirates, i have heard many good comments about them by frequent fliers
make your departure date 11th January upward when searching
anything from January 1st - 10th will cost almost double.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by packdprince(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hi Nairalanders,

I would be at the States come 2nd week January, 2017. anybody living in Maryland, Suiteland
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
packdprince:
Hi Nairalanders,

I would be at the States come 2nd week January, 2017. anybody living in Maryland, Suiteland
have you gotten ur ticket? what airline & date
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by yankeeboi77: 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
@NoobSaibot1 Please can you share your contact with me, i went through your post and was very resourceful.
@SmartMugu also
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
oga oo
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by packdprince(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2016
@sledjama, Ethiopian airline, 170117
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by NoobSaibot1: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2016
yankeeboi77:
@NoobSaibot1 Please can you share your contact with me, i went through your post and was very resourceful.
@SmartMugu also

Sorry, I'm just seeing this. Please email me at marvinsmith007@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by 0b10010011: 1:33am On Dec 26, 2016
raregem1andonly:
I got my visa and will be visiting next month by Gods grace. So pls Oga and the rest I will appreciate your hospitality. Pls any idea how much is flight to new York? Pls help
www.wakanow.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Gbolagade010: 6:11am On Dec 26, 2016
I got my visa by visitations and will be visiting in the next two weeks. Please anybody in Houston Texas. Really appreciate all the nairalanders commendation and condemnation.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by UnicornsAreReal: 6:53am On Jan 01, 2017
jwillng:

Thats my goal bros-then we can make Nigeria better.
dont get distracted.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by landinfo: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
& now Trump is like a ravaging lion seeking whom he may deport!!!!!
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by TeeOseni: 6:01am On Feb 01, 2017
jwillng:
Spirit Airlines. The 'poor man's airline" . With just $75 at times-you can get a return ticket within America. But many restrictions-no food, bags (you pay if you have)!

Hello Jwillng......I must appreciate you for enlightening people.May ur knowledge continue to increase.
Please do you have an idea of what Spirit airline charge from New York to Houston ?Plus if the charges for a carry-on bag and a suitcase? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.