Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,218 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (212721 Views)

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by area74: 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
SmartMugu:

Student, Visitors, Tourist visas etc do not technically allow you to work in the US unless you want to work illegally. However, you can eventually adjust your status to get a work permit and eventually a green card. However, the process could be somewhat long and frustrating, especially with the recent immigration reforms. You may want to join www.visajourney.com to read more about other people's immigration process as it regards coming to the US. All the best.

Bros, kindly forward your detailed travel blog to my mail: tyolamide22@gmail.com

I also want to benefit from your experience.

Thank you

cc: jwillng
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SmartMugu: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
area74:

Bros, kindly forward your detailed travel blog to my mail: tyolamide22@gmail.com

Thank you

I personally don't maintain any travel blog, however you can read up on other people's travel / immigration experience (to the US) here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/
Thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by aizy06(m): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2017
Hi Jwillng,
Congratulations n thanks for updates on your experience so far. Pls am very interested in your comprehensive travel report you promised interested folks.
Pls send to: aizy06@yahoo.com, thanks. Keep soaring!
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by walad4yhu(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2017
Pls I need a copy too abdulalhassan65@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Lowoa: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2017
Good thread.

Thank you all
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by chibuike65: 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
jwillng:

I will post it here later this week and send it by email too.
more wisdom bro please me also need the report
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Sbw007: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2017
area74:

Thank you

Hi bros please I'd like to make some enquiries as i plan on applying for the visit visa in january.i need more light and clarification as I'm torn btw 2 worlds i.e USA and canada.I've never travelled before
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by honestpoju: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2017
jwillng:

No allow am run you craze o! Nigeria na real school of learning and experience. If you can survive Nigeria-you are a 1st class human being!

@jwillng, kindly help mail me the report too. sparkklin@gmail. com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Auspi4u4me(m): 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
bross abegi send me too o.
auspi4u4me@yahoo.com.
thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Auspi4u4me(m): 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
[quote author=CallmeAbbey post=61689064]

pls send it to me
auspi4u4me@yahoo.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jones9ice: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
Smartmugu I feel your maturity and the way you explain thing bros and jwilling I love the way you avoid some bozo

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SmartMugu: 5:54am On Dec 09, 2017
jones9ice:
Smartmugu I feel your maturity and the way you explain thing bros and jwilling I love the way you avoid some bozo
Wetin small boy like me fit do? Na to be gentle with those agbaya wey dey like yab small pikin like me... lol

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by honestpoju: 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
honestpoju:

@jwillng, kindly help mail me the report too. sparkklin@gmail. com

Still yet to receive the report
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by peterspp(m): 3:25am On Dec 15, 2017
Plz am peter, how effective is invitation letter when going for US Visa.

Plz me the report : okonkwopeterikechukwu@yahoo.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by xest(m): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2017
jwillng:

Thanks sir.

We must make Naija better. I am here to make money and secure Naija. Naija for Life!

Not as a student-I took the advice of a Nairalander and used his tips-so sort of a Seminar/Training in Yankee and wedding in Canada.
please can you shed more light on this. How much it cost you in total. Thank you
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Indigbo: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
My God, too many lies on this thread from Nigerian experts. Smh. Lies lies lies just to paint where you live a good colour as if nobody live there except them. My people, don't mind them O! America is not like before anymore O! grin
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by AmazingD: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2018
Indigbo:
My God, too many lies on this thread from Nigerian experts. Smh. Lies lies lies just to paint where you live a good colour as if nobody live there except them. My people, don't mind them O! America is not like before anymore O! grin

oya tell us watin e be like Na!

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jiggaz(m): 6:50am On Jan 06, 2018
SmartMugu:

Wetin small boy like me fit do? Na to be gentle with those agbaya wey dey like yab small pikin like me... lol
lol... Good morning bro... Plz i wanna ask you a question on behalf of a relative. He is planning to visit America with b1/b2 visa. He told the embassy that he is coming for a 1 month vacation but he intends to work 6 months in America before coming back.. He plans to do menial jobs though ( blue collar) like Working in Care givers ( old people's home) or Walmart... Is this possible considering he's on b1/b2 visa without identification or SSN for work? Will immigration officials catch him and deport him?

Plz second question, is it possible for someone to apply for American Green Card after exhausting his 10 year multiple entry visa to America ( b1/b2) ? He doesn't plan to live there oo. Just to be going and working every 6 months, then come back. Plz ur reply will be much appreciated. Thank you bro.

My bro mikkyangel abeg put mouth for dis mata... What do you think?
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by olumig(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2018
jiggaz:
lol... Good morning bro... Plz i wanna ask you a question on behalf of a relative. He is planning to visit America with b1/b2 visa. He told the embassy that he is coming for a 1 month vacation but he intends to work 6 months in America before coming back.. He plans to do menial jobs though ( blue collar) like Working in Care givers ( old people's home) or Walmart... Is this possible considering he's on b1/b2 visa without identification or SSN for work? Will immigration officials catch him and deport him?

Plz second question, is it possible for someone to apply for American Green Card after exhausting his 10 year multiple entry visa to America ( b1/b2) ? He doesn't plan to live there oo. Just to be going and working every 6 months, then come back. Plz ur reply will be much appreciated. Thank you bro.
it's people like your friend dey spoil market for genuine B1/B2 visa aspirations

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Bigdaddy234: 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2018
Good day all,

If you are a director in a company in Nigeria, and you are planning for a vacation with your family just for three wks in American.I.e as a director u have 30 staff working under you in Nigeria.

Pls advise and revert on how to go about the interview.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by fairheart(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
Nothing much! Just prepare to answer the consular on why you are travelling. Don't expect much question. I really want to believe your profile or title as a director will increase your chances. In other word, believe in yourself!
Bigdaddy234:
Good day all,

If you are a director in a company in Nigeria, and you are planning for a vacation with your family just for three wks in American.I.e as a director u have 30 staff working under you in Nigeria.

Pls advise and revert on how to go about the interview.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by SmartMugu: 4:06am On Jan 08, 2018
jiggaz:

My bro mikkyangel abeg put mouth for dis mata... What do you think?
To be frank, I don't know much about B1 visas, I had to read up on it at https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-visitors-business/b-1-temporary-business-visitor .
Is your relative already granted the visa or he's expecting one?
If he or she already has a B1 visa, based on what I read on the USCIS link above, I'd think he or she should be able to handle professional dealings (with some restrictions - I believe). I don't think he or she belongs in the menial job category.

Again, I don't know much about this type of visa and what he stands to face. Most people around me are either citizens or green card holders and only a few still keep track of the different types of visas and their pros and cons.

If you read the link above on B1 visas, I believe he or she should be able to legally deal with companies - from consulting, contract negotiation, training etc standpoint. That to me is more professional than working on group homes, walmart etc. It all depends on his or her ground plans and the type of exposure they have to the new system.

I don't think he or she will be deported. For what? Many foreigners live here in the US illegally and haven't been deported yet, why would the focus be on your relative that has legal rights to perform consulting etc type of work in the US? If he doesn't get into any legal problems and does what his visa allows him to do, he should be fine.

On your last question on if it's possible to extend visas to green cards, the US allows provisions for "Adjustment of Status". Implying you're not confined to whatever VISA you come in the country with. Some may lead to permanent residency and eventual citizenship. You can read up on that and follow folks with similar questions on www.visajourney.com or www.visapro.com. it's so much contents on there to digest.

Sorry if I'm not of much help this time, I just don't know much about B1 visa and can only say what I know.

Goodluck bro.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jiggaz(m): 5:24am On Jan 08, 2018
SmartMugu:

To be frank, I don't know much about B1 visas, I had to read up on it at https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-visitors-business/b-1-temporary-business-visitor .
Is your relative already granted the visa or he's expecting one?
If he or she already has a B1 visa, based on what I read on the USCIS link above, I'd think he or she should be able to handle professional dealings (with some restrictions - I believe). I don't think he or she belongs in the menial job category.

Again, I don't know much about this type of visa and what he stands to face. Most people around me are either citizens or green card holders and only a few still keep track of the different types of visas and their pros and cons.

If you read the link above on B1 visas, I believe he or she should be able to legally deal with companies - from consulting, contract negotiation, training etc standpoint. That to me is more professional than working on group homes, walmart etc. It all depends on his or her ground plans and the type of exposure they have to the new system.

I don't think he or she will be deported. For what? Many foreigners live here in the US illegally and haven't been deported yet, why would the focus be on your relative that has legal rights to perform consulting etc type of work in the US? If he doesn't get into any legal problems and does what his visa allows him to do, he should be fine.

On your last question on if it's possible to extend visas to green cards, the US allows provisions for "Adjustment of Status". Implying you're not confined to whatever VISA you come in the country with. Some may lead to permanent residency and eventual citizenship. You can read up on that and follow folks with similar questions on www.visajourney.com or www.visapro.com. it's so much contents on there to digest.

Sorry if I'm not of much help this time, I just don't know much about B1 visa and can only say what I know.

Goodluck bro.
Thanks alot bro for your explanation. Will pass it over to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Uchman50(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
jwillng:
Good evening everyone . Its been a long absence. I lost my original phone number some months back and could not get access to my Yahoo email-so have been unable to reply any emails. I have created a new email address and updated same on Nairaland.
The last 1 year has been amazing both here in the USA and in Nigeria. Will be completing the 2nd edition of my Free Report and updating my new website by beginning of September.
All the permutations, additions and subtractions are working!
Whether you are in Nigeria, planning to come to the USA , already in the USA, planning to leave the USA-believe me YOU CAN MAKE IT!

Baba please forward the report to me please... Will really appreciates man.. God bless...

Uche2061@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by ayomutu(m): 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
Baba please forward the report to me please... Will really appreciates man.. God bless...
Moyeledun@gmail.com

jwillng:
Good evening everyone . Its been a long absence. I lost my original phone number some months back and could not get access to my Yahoo email-so have been unable to reply any emails. I have created a new email address and updated same on Nairaland.
The last 1 year has been amazing both here in the USA and in Nigeria. Will be completing the 2nd edition of my Free Report and updating my new website by beginning of September.
All the permutations, additions and subtractions are working!
Whether you are in Nigeria, planning to come to the USA , already in the USA, planning to leave the USA-believe me YOU CAN MAKE IT!
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by gees101(m): 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
@jwilling, kindly send your report to my mail. george***1@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by desertboom(m): 7:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Bro, I seriously need the report to be able to get ready thanks as I await
martinsyeah@yahoo.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by ojoshu(m): 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
please kindly send your report to my mail Olawoyinjoshua@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by DaddyB01: 9:26am On Feb 14, 2018
SmartMugu:

I may be wrong, but I think it's fairly easier to get a US visa these days than in the past. I mean it like about 15 years ago, getting a US visa was something huge. Some folks would even go as far as celebrating because they got a visa.

These days, it appears everyone I knew back then comes to the US whenever they like. I even have a notorious friend that comes here like once a month for the past two years for just pleasure. This year alone, I think I may have had about 6 old friends visit me, and I'm expecting about 3 more in June. I guess I was somewhat famous for the wrong reasons back in school in Nigeria and old friends still remember me whenever they're in the US.

Flashing back to when I knew the people that visited, none had a visa before or never thought about getting one. But now, a visa is really nothing to them. Some have even visited at least 30 countries in Europe, North America, and Asia.

What I noticed about these set of people is that they are actually doing well in Nigeria themselves and have no reasons to abandon their families and their lives in Nigeria to become what the US government terms 'public charge'. You may want to Google that up to understand their thought approach.

I think the idea is pretty simple. Most governments don't want visitors to become liabilities to them, and all you have to do is prove to them you won't become a liability to their government.
How you can prove that to them could be proof that you're married (if you are or if you've already told them you are), bank statements showing your financial standing, proof of landed properties in Nigeria, proof of income of you're employed, stock earnings etc. You don't have to have all, just something to show you're ok in Nigeria and have no reasons not to return to your country. Everyone can say that verbally, but all US relies on is 'documented proof'.

If you're based in Lagos or know people in Lagos, I think it makes it much easier for you if you don't have all these documents. I said that cos back then, boys in Oluwole in Lagos Island can get you any travel document you need. That used to be one of my hustles back in Nigeria. I lost contacts with all the boys I knew there over the years, but it's easy. You don't even need a travel agent to do all this yourself. Just get some contacts with a trustworthy person in Lagos Island, and they'll hook you up with the right people. Unless thongs have changed now. You won't need this if you have legit documents to show them at the embassy, but back then most people around me visited Oluwole to generate travel document - bank statement, marriage certificates, divorce papers, proof of employment, proof for landed properties, etc for prospective travelers.

When you get your visa and you're enroute, please remember the same concept applies until you get out of the airport anywhere in the US. I mean you do need to still show the immigrations you have no plans to become 'public charge'. After stepping out of the airport, you can decide to change your mind and do what you really had in mind.
I stated that because I had friend that visited and got deported right at the airport here in Atlanta. I waited for hours outside the airport to pick him up, he didn't show up and I had no way to know if he missed his flight or something. I got a call from him in Nigeria a few days later telling me he got deported right at the airport. I thought that must have been painful, considering the stress he went through to get the visa in the first place (especially the ugly long queue at the embassy), the cost of of the flight etc.

I think it was his fault. It's all pyschology. That was his first time visiting the US. At the port of entry, he was asked a simple question that he failed. He already told them at the embassy he just wanted to visit, and had succeeded in meeting their requirements, got a visa and messed up at the airport because he forgot the lines he started with.
At the port of entry, he was asked "You said your friend is waiting for you outside and you'll be staying with him through your trip. If your friend offers you a job while you're here, would you take it?" A sane response would have been "No, because I have a family, a good job, many properties etc in Nigeria and have no reasons to leave them for any reason". Instead, my friends response was "Why not, I can do any job. I'm a very hardworking man. I even have a masters degree..." That statement automatically ruined his chances and he got deported because he forgot the lines he started with.

Good luck bro.

Wonderful one papi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
jwillng:
All the houses here seem to be made of wood. When fire happens-the house is gone in seconds. Thats one bad thing I have seen here. Any strong wind and the house is gone. But the foundation looks Naija foundation.
please hox I need your help. I am a masters degree holder in animal science and I intend to work in the states precisely Texas. I don't want to go there schooling again but to work. Which is the best method for me to adopt so as to work and live in Texas. thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by jamny: 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2018
please kindly send your report to my mail jamiuadeagbo@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by desertboom(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
martinsyeah@yahoo.com

Thanks as I await

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.