Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? (831 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by sleekdoc: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2009
I have always wondered since the bible says 10% of all income sould be given in tithes, Does it also refer to all those not so clean monies
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Tudor6(f): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2009
Haven't you heard that tithing is unbiblical?
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Krayola2(m): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2009
@ sleekdoc ask ur pastor and see if he turns it down
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 05, 2009
where are the pro -tithers like pilgrim 1 and hureality,why dont you respond
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by dafidixone(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2009
Tithe is meant to be paid by the true worshipers of God. To an unbeleivers it may make no meaning. A true beleiver is not expected to take "unclean money".

I hope this answer your question?

Pay your tithe to avoid devourer.
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by seyenko(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2009
Yes! they are titheable in churches set up solely to collect tithes
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by seyenko(m): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2009
Yes! they are titheable in churches set up solely to collect tithes
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 05, 2009
dafidixone:

Tithe is meant to be paid by the true worshipers of God. To an unbeleivers it may make no meaning. A true beleiver is not expected to take "unclean money".

Doctrine of demons
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2009
Absolutely nothing is tithable in true christianity forget what all those criminals preach.
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Tonyet1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
To all anti-tithers:

titheing is an INSTRUCTION and not a SUGGESTION!

titheing is for those who are spiritual, as the carnal man will understand nothing more than what the MOGs use it for!
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2009
tonye-t:

To all anti-tithers:

titheing is an INSTRUCTION and not a SUGGESTION!

titheing is for those who are spiritual, as the carnal man will understand nothing more than what the MOGs use it for!

This is the handwork of a thouroughly brainwashed person
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Tonyet1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2009
chukwudi44:

This is the handwork of a thouroughly brainwashed person

yes a brainwashed folk who is wiser and blessed by titheing and directly opposite to a brainwashed folk like you in the contrary who feels he knows too much and then wishes he could enjoy better

do you understand that?
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
tonye-t:

yes a brainwashed folk who is wiser and blessed by titheing and directly opposite to a brainwashed folk like you in the contrary who feels he knows too much and then wishes he could enjoy better

do you understand that?

Young Man ,tithing has no place ubder christianity,mind you gal 3 :10 warn that those who rely on one part of the jewish law while neglecting the others might attract the curse of the law.
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Tonyet1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2009
younger man grin

who said that titheing was a commandment of the law? if it was, then what happended to Abraham b4 the law, dont conclude on issues too fast, read articles and history very well ok?
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
@tonye-t

God also commanded Abraham to circumcise himself and his family long before the law,but st Paul also included it among the law .Even if most of us are circumcised today,it has nothing to do with the jewish law but simply as a medical precaution.

Also cain,Abel,Noah,Abraham and other ancient leaders that lived before Moses offered burnt offerings long before the law was given,Do you mean to tell me that I can also offer burnt offering today?

Also there is no place that tithe was commanded to be money or to be paid monthly ,the tithe Abraham paid to melchizedek was paid just once and never involved money .

The tithe moses aksed the jewis to[pay was paid annually and once in three years .the annual tithes were meant to be eaten by the tither and members of his family while the tithe paid in the third year was for levites,widows and orphans.

Also note that the tithe mentioned in malachi 3 was not the tithe of melchizedek rather it was the levithical tithes.

Both tithes never involved money and was never paid monthly,besides the levites who received tithes wre never allowed to own property ,today all manner of prosperity preachers threaten people on a basis of an abolished jewish law

This tithing heresy is not just heretical but also crininal,the book of 2 cor 9 :7 clearly tells christians to give freely .the bible is replete witha a number of veres that disproves tithing. paul wrote to the thesalonians and told them that he had to work for his own living.

TITHE IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE A CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE ,IT IS PART OF THE ABOLISHED(FULFILLED) JEWISH LAW.

trying to tithe while neglecting other portions of the jewish law might attract the curse of te law of moses as gal 3 :10 clearly tells us.
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
Only complete idiots and deluded morons tithe today.a true christian would never place himself under that tithing curse.
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by bawomolo(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2009
dafidixone:

what's unclean money?

Is the money folks get from selling alcohol unclean money?

Is the money i get from an atheist or muslim client unclean money?
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by petres007(m): 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
chukwudi44:

@tonye-t

God also commanded Abraham to circumcise himself and his family long before the law,but st Paul also included it among the law .Even if most of us are circumcised today,it has nothing to do with the jewish law but simply as a medical precaution.

Also cain,Abel,Noah,Abraham and other ancient leaders that lived before Moses offered burnt offerings long before the law was given,Do you mean to tell me that I can also offer burnt offering today?

Also there is no place that tithe was commanded to be money or to be paid monthly ,the tithe Abraham paid to melchizedek was paid just once and never involved money .

The tithe moses aksed the jewis to[pay was paid annually and once in three years .the annual tithes were meant to be eaten by the tither and members of his family while the tithe paid in the third year was for levites,widows and orphans.

Also note that the tithe mentioned in malachi 3 was not the tithe of melchizedek rather it was the levithical tithes.

Both tithes never involved money and was never paid monthly,besides the levites who received tithes wre never allowed to own property ,today all manner of prosperity preachers threaten people on a basis of an abolished jewish law

This tithing heresy is not just heretical but also crininal,the book of 2 cor 9 :7 clearly tells christians to give freely .the bible is replete witha a number of veres that disproves tithing. paul wrote to the thesalonians and told them that he had to work for his own living.

TITHE IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE A CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE ,IT IS PART OF THE ABOLISHED(FULFILLED) JEWISH LAW.

trying to tithe while neglecting other portions of the jewish law might attract the curse of te law of moses as gal 3 :10 clearly tells us.

Chukwudi44, thanks for that excellent post! I just want to add to the highlighted part, that Abraham didn't give the tithe tenth from his own money. It was loot he got from war. grin grin grin

I also want to add that the reason why a lot of people cling to tithing as though their life depends on it is because they think its something they can do and get God indebted to them.

Study your bible folks! A good study of the books of Leviticus & Hebrews should throughly thrash this issue.
Re: Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? by petres007(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2009
Tudór:

Haven't you heard that tithing is unbiblical?

So poster, haven't you heard? Or taken time to study for yourself?

And besides, what are you doing with "not so clean monies"? grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Yahweh And Jesus / Atheism And Religion / Some Strange And Funny Crusade Titles You've Come Across.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.