Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim (3897 Views)

Differences Between Celestial Church Of Christ, And Cherubim And Seraphim / Dr. David Bob Manuel, Announced As New Prelate Cherubim and Seraphim / The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by harkinyoung(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Why I am a Cherubim & Seraphim..........

Too many times I have been asked by people – colleagues at work, friends and acquaintances - why I worship at the Cherubim and Seraphim Church. The answer for me is very simple - I believe in the church, every mode of worship and activities work for me.

The hymns and songs are one crucial elements of this; I can die for some of the lyrics of some of our hymns. There is a song for every situation one is going through, hymns such as ‘Lo kede ayo na fun gbogbo aiye, p’omo olorun segun iku…’, ‘Eyin angeli to wa lorun, e fiyin fun baba…’, ‘N’irumi ati ji aiye, mogbo ohun itunu kan, o nso si mi leti wipe, emi ni mase beru…….’, ‘Adupe lowo olorun, to dawa si doni…’…and so on…and you still ask me why I attend this GREAT church;?

I was born and bred in this church, this is something I am so grateful for, a lot of people think that white garment churches connote fetishism and we all know that this is not true. I guess that the negative images on home videos do not help.

The white garment simplifies purity and uniformity. A friend once told me that he married a lady who attends the C & S and he said he always come to the church but will never put on the garment. One day, his brother had an issue with the immigration while visiting him and his wife in the UK, he then wore the garment and prayed to God saying ‘’if God lets his brother back home safely, he will forever wear the garment and attend C&S’’, his brother called him few a few hours after that prayer that he had been released. Ever since, my friend has been attending C&S and putting on the garment. He said to me one day that we that were born into the church do not know what we have - sadly, this is mostly true.

At times we take things for granted because we feel it’s always going to be there. The General overseer said something in one of he’s sermons to us at the Youth Fellowship, that we need to know how our heritage started especially that of our Great church so we won’t be challenged by outsiders about our faith/church and we will be found wanting.

The worst use of time and life is to work hard to climb the supposed ladder of success only to find out it is leaning against the wrong building. Hence, the main reason why we talk about heritage is because we don’t want to grow up to still be asking ‘’what am I doing in the white garment church’?” If we are climbing the ladder of success, we don’t want to get to the top before realizing there is success there, we ought to know it from the beginning. In the same light with the white garment, we should know from the onset why we are and doing here as Christians.

Regardless of what people think of the white garment, I want us as individuals to stand firm in what we believe in and not allow what others say affect our beliefs. I for one will not depart from this church, faith and personal convictions are what matter.

#ProudlySeraph

Let's keep representing Jesus as stated in Matthew 5:16

God bless

Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Beautiful write-up about the C&S church. I'm impressed someone put this up.
Let me quickly give you a background, I was born and bred there. Left when I got to university and after I got a firm grip and good understanding of basic biblical principles.
I seriously am wowed by the depth of those hymns, so much I've had to buy some of them online.

I'd like to engage you in a constructive discourse.

1. Most churches have evolved with the times, improved with the turn of events around them. The white garment churches won't.
2. I feel that every religious practise should be guided by biblical principles since that's supposed to be our 'manual'.
The wearing of the white garment, bare foot inside the church, rivers and water body attachments, even the act of going in a trance, unnecessary dependence on dreams and visions, and many others...

Meanwhile, I understand we all can't leave, a few people will still remain.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by harkinyoung(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2016
twoondei:

1. Most churches have evolved with the times, improved with the turn of events around them. The white garment churches won't.
2. I feel that every religious practise should be guided by biblical principles since that's supposed to be our 'manual'.
The wearing of the white garment, bare foot inside the church, rivers and water body attachments, even the act of going in a trance, unnecessary dependence on dreams and visions, and many others...
Quoted is the Cherubim and Seraphim doctrine and we cannot because of the development of worldly thing change what we belief in but we can only add value to it because they are all backed with our manual (bible) thou some will say some of them are in the old testament but if we are to condemn the old testament why do we pray from there?

Meanwhile the development of todays church(es) leads to what we r having in the life of our youth,
1. Pastors that will only encourage prosperity in church instead of preaching eternity
2. Pastors now encourage the wears of any clothes to their church (especially the wearing that can mislead the ministers of God) and many more
yet our bible is our manual.

Remember
1 Cor. 6:19 ..Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

and that Jesus did not come to destroy the Law of the prophet but to fulfil them Mathew 5:17

Bro. no matter your denomination, i belief we should all be one

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by Peritus(m): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2016
I'm less concerned about churches. I'm more concerned about worshiping God in truth and in spirit. If we thicken the denominational wall, we can only grow more hatred on each other in total disobedience of the main injunction to love.
Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by harkinyoung(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2016
well said @Peritus

Cc: lalastical
Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by pinkp: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
harkinyoung:

Quoted is the Cherubim and Seraphim doctrine and we cannot because of the development of worldly thing change what we belief in but we can only add value to it because they are all backed without our manual (bible) thou some will say some of them are in the old testament but if we are to condemn the old testament why do we pray from there?

Pls where can I locate cherubim n seraphim church in ilorin?
Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by pinkp: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
harkinyoung:
Why I am a Cherubim & Seraphim..........

Too many times I have been asked by people – colleagues at work, friends and acquaintances - why I worship at the Cherubim and Seraphim Church. The answer for me is very simple - I believe in the church, every mode of worship and activities work for me.

The hymns and songs are one crucial elements of this; I can die for some of the lyrics of some of our hymns. There is a song for every situation one is going through, hymns such as ‘Lo kede ayo na fun gbogbo aiye, p’omo olorun segun iku…’, ‘Eyin angeli to wa lorun, e fiyin fun baba…’, ‘N’irumi ati ji aiye, mogbo ohun itunu kan, o nso si mi leti wipe, emi ni mase beru…….’, ‘Adupe lowo olorun, to dawa si doni…’…and so on…and you still ask me why I attend this GREAT church;?

I was born and bred in this church, this is something I am so grateful for, a lot of people think that white garment churches connote fetishism and we all know that this is not true. I guess that the negative images on home videos do not help.

The white garment simplifies purity and uniformity. A friend once told me that he married a lady who attends the C & S and he said he always come to the church but will never put on the garment. One day, his brother had an issue with the immigration while visiting him and his wife in the UK, he then wore the garment and prayed to God saying ‘’if God lets his brother back home safely, he will forever wear the garment and attend C&S’’, his brother called him few a few hours after that prayer that he had been released. Ever since, my friend has been attending C&S and putting on the garment. He said to me one day that we that were born into the church do not know what we have - sadly, this is mostly true.

At times we take things for granted because we feel it’s always going to be there. The General overseer said something in one of he’s sermons to us at the Youth Fellowship, that we need to know how our heritage started especially that of our Great church so we won’t be challenged by outsiders about our faith/church and we will be found wanting.

#ProudlySeraph

Let's keep representing Jesus as stated in Matthew 5:16

God bless

Pls where can I find a cherubim n seraphim church in ilorin?
Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by pinkp: 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Beautiful write-up about the C&S church. I'm impressed someone put this up.
Let me quickly give you a background, I was born and bred there. Left when I got to university and after I got a firm grip and good understanding of basic biblical principles.
I seriously am wowed by the depth of those hymns, so much I've had to buy some of them online.

Meanwhile, I understand we all can't leave, a few people will still remain.

Pls where can I locate a cherubim n seraphim in ilorin?
Re: Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim by soso22(m): 8:47am On Sep 11, 2017
well said bro, people have been misconstrune our mode of worship . especially those that have not even entered in our prayer house before. they will all give account of there words.

(1) (Reply)

Who Wrote The New Testament? / Roman Catholicism And Cultism / Nasa-“we’ve Found Proof Of God’s Existence”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.