Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians (19908 Views)

Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday / NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by hunkydory(m): 9:34am On Apr 19, 2016
He is complaining because they didn't settle him. Now they will order one more car and send to him and NLC will keep quiet about this matter. There's corruption everywhere. Only God will save this country not buhari.

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by kajoula(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2016
[size=18pt]Let see how long this NLC man will follow the case for . Let the suffering continue if 108 people can budge $1 billion and 300 million people are just looking and smiling let the suffering continue.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2016
Mr nlc, wabbich or woreva ur name is YOU ARE A BLOODY BASTARD.
IF U MUST ACT TAKE UR FELLOW NLC BASTARDS N GO MOUNT IN FRONT OF D NASS, YOU DO NOT NEED NIGERIANS I BLIVE UR COMRADES IN EACH STATE SHOULD GIVE U A GOOD NUMBER..

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by chigaemezuogu: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Iam nt surprise that the 3 arms of govt executive, legislators and judiciary are currupt and have no the interest of the masses in heart that is why buhari's curruption fight may bumarang, as for me Reps, Senate, Presidency or not i will make it. Nigeria should be declared state of emergency nationwide because her leaders has failed us.
Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by horimo: 10:05am On Apr 19, 2016
Where were they when it was first raised before the cars were acquired. The leadership of NLC and CLO's arte after their pockets. Please wher is kokori??

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by mypains: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]Are u for real? NLC has been our mouthpiece for ages though we may have not seen these set of people in action in recent time but NLC has been our little Messiah in Nigeria [/size]
yeah... messiah in your sleep.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by manuroq(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2016
In this state of the nation, someone would give such a reason why they bought those cars. Ok check, 35.1 * 108 and we ask ourselves what really is corruption in Nigeria? Maybe stealing maggi from an old granny in the market.
Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by Jacko1(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2016
NLC wich wrath

Ma wrath.... Ma wrath no follow thank you

Hw much u go pay me for ma wrath.... Cos u hell well gettin paid

If police arrest us.... All nlc wil be freed me il be doin oga police abeg na abeg na devil cause am

Giv me hard currency and il display ma wrath for u on social media lik nairaland.... Twitter hehe.... Snapchat sef

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by Irishrena1(f): 10:42am On Apr 19, 2016
They should just park well abeg. What came out of their protest against the unreasonable hike in electricity tariff? ...Of course their own bellies reward.
And that has been the end of the matter. They want the senators to grease their palms now.

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by possibilita(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2016
wikkileaks:
The Nigeria Labour Congress has called on senators who benefited from a recent purchase of 108 brand new Toyota Land Cruiser vehicles by the Senate to immediately return same or face the wrath of the Nigerian people.

The union described the purchase, coming at a time the country is enduring excruciating financial crisis, as a crime against the people.
Reports said senators have started taking delivery of the new Sports Utility Vehicles, SUVs, since last week at the rate of N35.1 million per unit.

In a statement by the NLC president, Ayuba Wabba, on Monday, Labour said it was “morally despicable and shameful” that the lawmakers embarked on such acquisition when they were supposed to occupy themselves with issues that would benefit the people.
“We consider appalling, insensitive and greedy the decision of the Senate to acquire 108 Toyota Land Cruiser jeeps (one for each member less the Senate President) after collecting car “loans” in August last year for the same purpose,” Mr. Wabba said.

“It is equally morally despicable and shameful that they are doing this after publicly admitting that the standing committees of the Senate are unable to perform their statutory functions due to paucity of funds.”

Mr. Wabba said the prices of the vehicles were grossly inflated and demanded that the lawmakers explain where they sourced the funds since the 2016 Appropriation Bill had not been signed into law.
“We at the Nigeria Labour Congress equally consider it a willful and grievous criminal act the inflation of the unit cost of each of the cars by over a 100 percent, as each car supposedly cost N35.1 million instead of N17 million.

“Aside from this, Nigerians are keen to know from where they got money for the purchase of these cars without appropriation.”
Mr. Wabba also rubbished the explanation put forward by the Senate to justify the purchase.

“The defence offered by the Senate spokesperson, Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, is laughable and childish. According to him, Special Advisers use jeeps, why not Senators or do Nigerians expect them to trek to work? And in any case, cars are capital projects!
“Couldn’t this have been put to better uses such as the constituency projects of these same Senators? At a time with severe economic challenges and deepening poverty in the land, can the Senate afford this level of reckless luxury and arrogance?
“The answer is “no”.
“Their multiple acts of criminality, ranging from acquiring these cars after previously taking loans for the same purpose; spending money without appropriation and over inflating costs constitute not just corruption but a crime against the Nigerian people whom they claim to represent,” Mr. Wabba said.

The Labour leaders, therefore, called on the senators to return the vehicles or face public backlash, adding that no one is above the law.
“Accordingly, we demand they return those cars to whoever supplied them or the appropriate agencies prosecute them for corruption.
“In the event none of this happens, they should be prepared to keep a date with Nigerian workers and their civil society allies including market women and students.
“No one is above the law,” the Labour leader said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202016-return-exotic-cars-face-wrath-nigerians-nlc-tells-senators.html
wrath of Nigerians!!! Really? NLC is just a toothless bulldog,all they do is bark.

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by HajimeSaito(m): 11:09am On Apr 19, 2016
No shaking. You can settle the wrath of the average Nigerian youth with 1000 credit and a nylon bag of Ofada rice.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by sarriss: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Ok lets assume NLC will not protest, lets assume they are only making noise lets also assume that NLC want their share of the money that's why they are shouting. But what about the Nigeria masses what about the youths whose future these men are stealing away, can't we rise? can't we talk? can't we protest? Can't we do something to let these people to know we are aware of what they are doing and we are not happy with it, How can we continue to be silent in the midst of such injustice and cheating.

If you leave the shores of this country and see how far other little countries have gone in infrastructure, in standard of living, in education, in technology, you will weep for this country, then you will understand the level of damage this criminals have done to this country.

The truth is that nothing will change in this country, I mean nothing absolutely nothing until we (the masses mostly the youths) rises up and challenge this people, tell them to their faces what exactly we want and if they are not ready to do what we want, they should leave, its not about PDP or APC, its not about North or South is about Food for the Nigeria masses its about quality education for all, its about affordable health care for all, its about providing basic infrastructure for all. gentle men and ladies any thing short of all these is fraud and unacceptable.
Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by mctowel01: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2016
My brothers and sisters, the handwriting is on the wall. Nothing works in this country. Everyday is one corruption issue or the other in which the thieves end up going free. This country has been looted dry and the future is not looking good. But to the youths, if you dont want your kids to be swearing for you in their minds because you gave birth to them here, please find your way out of this useless country. I know many arrogant and blind nigerians will want to attack me, maybe because their eyes have been clouded with left over from the useless politicians. But believe me, Nigerias problem is too deep. There is corruption, yet you except the corrupt leaders who corruptly fought their way to government to make laws that will be against their personal looting agenda or personal accumulation of money. My brothers... Its not possible. Nobody out there is selfless. The constitution is a fundamental problem on its own. If the statutory dues and allowances for different political offices were not made so enormous, people of truer intentions would have fought for power. Wake up my people. We have not seen anything yet cos the ones different governors and lga chairmen are looting is like a cancer that is preventing the growth of our communities. And some idi0ts will still be supporting these useless thieves that already have enough to feed their great grand children in luxury.

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by mctowel01: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Achuwa1:
where was NLC for the past 3 month when nigerian masses sleeeps at the filling stations to buy fuel,where were the NLC when the pmb led govt has made cost of living skyrocketed to a level tht the masses can no longer afford to feed,where was NLC when pmb was telling Aljazareel reporter tht it is only those tht can access $ like him will send their children to study abroad,where was the NLC when herdmen are killing ppl all over nihgeria & they fail to protest,where were NLC,,,etc
let NLC go & sleep joor where they've been sleeping b4 coz Nigerians dont need their protest coz they've being pocketed thru oshiomole by the apc led govt.
Stupidity. I feel like you are the most terrible fool that ever existed. People are trying to fight for the rights of nigerians and you are saying they should go and sleep cos of past failures. Evwn if they failed to protest cos of fuel strike, should we sit back and watch the situation worsen in all sectors. Your brain is just stupid. God, why am i nigerian. Please why.
Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by mctowel01: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2016
Menzy86:
I don't know who cursed the African mind this much but with everyday that passes and I read comments from some people on social media, I get more disturbed. So because the NLC didn't call out the government on previous wrong doings they can't decide to wake up and make amends going foward? Lets assume they are actually been wired by d presidency what is d most fundamental thing in this particular matter? Is it not actually CRIMINAL for the senate at this point in time and in this present situation of d country to embark on such reckless spending? Who in this country in all honesty from any constituency without any link to d political class can say they have ever benefitted anythn reasonable from these senators? Who doesn't know that Nigerian senators are already among the richest in d world inspite of our dwindling revenue? So we rather watch the plundering unabated until d country sinks because 'it has been happening and noone talked?'. We are really a special breed of people. NLC whether u r toothless or not, DO SOMETHING TO SAVE US!
My brother, without mincing words, Nigerians are cursed. Evident from the comments here. They love suffering and they deserve more for such silly comments. I feel bad for this kind of reasoning
Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by ifeanyi317(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]Are u for real? NLC has been our mouthpiece for ages though we may have not seen these set of people in action in recent time but NLC has been our little Messiah in Nigeria [/size]
WHICH MESSIAH COME TO IKEDC AND SEE HOW THEY ARE WASTING RESOURCES NLC IS DEAD AND BURIED.

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by franklynsunny(m): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2016
NLC
Dey should close the firm as far as I am concern....dey don't exit
Osho was d best presido in NLC back den...
NLC is useless to NIGERIA at dis point

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by Menzy86(m): 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
mctowel01:

My brother, without mincing words, Nigerians are cursed. Evident from the comments here. They love suffering and they deserve more for such silly comments. I feel bad for this kind of reasoning
Seriously you check out these people and some of them are supposed to be very educated. Me thinks the real essence of education (creative and strategic reasoning, self emancipation and foresight) has been totally lost in this nation. I hold my breath in order not to choke on it sometimes when I read comments on this forum. Who cursed us this much? Haba!

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by Curryyamz(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
I really just can't wait to see the change they have been promising for over how many months now and also the results of the non stop travelling or should I say vacation by the president,because this govt has crashed so many plans.
Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by hohafrank(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
Toothless bull dog. Many things has gone wrong yet you are there sleeping.May God bless Oshomole.Sincerely you people should wake up.You are not representing us well.

1 Like

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by Pidggin(f): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fuel crisis, no electricity, sky rocketing prices of commodities and forex commotion, yet NLC is bothered about senators? Should the purchase of cars be a priority for them, or the availability of fuel, electricity etc. E no go beta for NLC sad

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by Akaujaa(m): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
These Nigeria Local Champions(NLC), making noise as if they really care. Give their leaders some peanuts, they'll down their tools and allow the music continue.
Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by sagaxity(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
How can we describe Democracy in Nigeria? Government of impunity, for impunity and with impunity.......

What a shame.......

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians by alaskido(m): 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
So our tweeter senator Ben Murray Bruce also collected the SUV. After all the preaching on STV, Rhythm 93.7 on common sense. This one now no make common sense to am abi? Make Devil soda all their bum bum for that Senate. I have not had water, light and fuel for 1 month and these bunch of rascals are collecting new jeeps for N35.1 million. Just sow this amount to my life and my life will not remain the same o. Did I hear an AMEN from Nairalanders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"PDP Mismanaged Nigeria For 16 Years" - Buhari / Patience Jonathan Says "Wike Is Next Rivers Governor"! / Fashola, Amaechi,Others At An 'Evening For Nigeria With GMB+Osinbajo' In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.