Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? (3039 Views)

Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Slapsticker: 1:04am On Apr 19, 2016
What exactly is the core role of a wife, can I strip down to the real essence of why I need a wife? This is supposed to be an unbiased and objective angle to this question, so please don't get offended if it doesn't follow your religious prejudices.

Mimzy wrote a piece lately about what is expected of a wife in this generation (paraphrased) and it really got me thinking. Have we abused the office of the wife? and that births the question "what really can a wife do that nobody else can do for me?"

I can have sex without a wife. I can employ a cook. I can have a child without a wife. I can get my laundry done by outsourcing it. I can get my house cleaned by cleaners; that's no need of a wife. so what exactly can only a wife do? A doulah can help with the kids, creche has made things easier. for the overly religious folks that don't wanna fornicate. you can have children safely without. you doubt it? read

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/technology/indian-women-carrying-babies-for-well-off-buyers-1.681951

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/womb-rent-surrogate-mothers-india

I for one never had a brother, never had a friend in the real sense of the word. I have been a loner with many secrets and stuff all bottled in. so deep within I crave companionship and I need a confidant. A lot of unsaid things are going to needed in a lady to be those two things to me effectively, buh they ain't what tops the list of the average guy there.

Many wives have had to multi-task so bad that their real responsibility has been lost. we have prolly heard of wives with maid servants back in those days. could it be economic hardship and survival that has relegated the office of a wife to this? or is this actually what women have over the years been indoctrinated into as part of the roles of a wife in the house? I am yet to find the answer.

I have thus made up my mind that, whatever money can fix, my wife isn't gonna worry about. let her focus on being my companion and confidant. money can handle the rest. Besides, why all the hustling?

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Peters200(m): 1:10am On Apr 19, 2016
To be a wife

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by SexyStrawberry(f): 1:18am On Apr 19, 2016
This OP sef, u asked a question and answered it yourself again, it works both ways, I don't know what the fuss is all about in having a husband as well if not for companionship? So in ur own words, what exactly is the core role of a husband ?

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by amokeme(f): 2:06am On Apr 19, 2016
You can even find the companionship and confidant in a true friend. So really no big deal.
But in the religious context, she is a home maker, and a help mate to her husband. So biblically speaking, that's the role of the wife. God said it's not good for a man to he alone, so he created eve.

SexyStrawberry:
This OP sef, u asked a question and answered it yourself again, it works both ways, I don't know what the fuss is all about in having a husband as well if not for companionship? So in ur own words, what exactly is the core role of a husband ?
I'm also interested in this question too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by SexyStrawberry(f): 2:39am On Apr 19, 2016
amokeme:
You can even find the companionship and confidant in a true friend. So really no big deal.
But in the religious context, she is a home maker, and a help mate to her husband. So biblically speaking, that's the role of the wife. God said it's not good for a man to he alone, so he created eve.

I don't believe in religion, so I'm seeing this objectively, ur right that one can find companionship in a true friend, but then again, is that friend ready to spend the rest of his/her life with u? now I think this is what differentiates a friend from a wife/husband coz I think that apart from making babies, a wife/husband is that future companion u need in ur old age when obviously by then I'll be frail n lonely
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by LecciGucci: 2:54am On Apr 19, 2016
to be f*cked roughly... but make sure she enjoys it.

they are so gonna clamor for my head right now. grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by 7inches: 3:09am On Apr 19, 2016
amokeme:

baby ur ass though.. tongue
u jst gave me hard on....u are a killer
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 19, 2016
Lalasticlala, coman tell them what I yaf been doing for you oo cheesy
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 19, 2016
LecciGucci:
to be f*cked roughly... but make sure she enjoys it.

they are so gonna clamor for my head right now. grin
See this one undecided

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by LecciGucci: 5:02am On Apr 19, 2016
HateU2:
See this one undecided

baby kiss
leme start with u pls
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Slapsticker: 6:34am On Apr 19, 2016
SexyStrawberry:

I asked an open Question and gave an opinionated answer, I don't have all the answers. As regards your own question; create your topic too naah grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Slapsticker: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2016
SexyStrawberry:

I don't believe in religion, so I'm seeing this objectively, ur right that one can find companionship in a true friend, but then again, is that friend ready to spend the rest of his/her life with u? now I think this is what differentiates a friend from a wife/husband coz I think that apart from making babies, a wife/husband is that future companion u need in ur old age when obviously by then I'll be frail n lonely

you definitely read my intro. we are on the same page.
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Slapsticker: 7:05am On Apr 19, 2016
amokeme:

I appreciate your religious angle. however, can u give us some points outside religion? That's gonna make your point(s) gain wider acceptance.
Whenever the religion card is used, your audience narrows down and gets controversial in that same instance.
Thanks.
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by PresVA: 8:01am On Apr 19, 2016
I don't think there are any laid down roles..it's relative...
Whatever works for you and your husband shikena; as long as both of you are happy, including the children. .. smiley
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by TheArchangel(f): 8:10am On Apr 19, 2016
Wife...friend with benefit

Husband...friend with benefit.

You can't explain the roles without cultural and religious angle creeping in.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by SexyStrawberry(f): 8:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Slapsticker:

I asked an open Question and gave an opinionated answer, I don't have all the answers. As regards your own question; create your topic too naah grin

Naaaaa, I'm not interested in creating threads here on NL, since u asked this kinda question, ur also in the best position to answer mine, ur smart enough for that naaw abi?
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
Slapsticker:

I appreciate your religious angle. however, can u give us some points outside religion? That's gonna make your point(s) gain wider acceptance.
Whenever the religion card is used, your audience narrows down and gets controversial in that same instance.
Thanks.

@OP:

You need a wife for companionship & friendship....

Get one for that.

The person who can successfully define a role of the wife is her husband and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
To wash plate... cheesy
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Stillfire: 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
akinsal:
To wash plate... cheesy

Lmao! grin grin grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Slapsticker: 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
SexyStrawberry:

Naaaaa, I'm not interested in creating threads here on NL, since u asked this kinda question, ur also in the best position to answer mine, ur smart enough for that naaw abi?

Prolly I am not as smart as you think. tongue
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Kimoni: 12:39am On Apr 21, 2016
Wife = help-meet
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Ewuro4: 5:38am On Apr 21, 2016
You're right, every role in life is dispensable.

Honestly, the companionship aspect is most essential in marriage/common law. With companiship comes commitment. Nobody's wants to be used and dumped. People want some sort of stability in their lives. And that's the Truth.

It's not fun being alone , have single friends that are okay financially and don't have to lift a finger to get chores done, one of them paid her ex child support till kids adulthood but guess what, they long for a partner-companionship, most especially the older ones (50s). Loneliness is no man/woman's favourite word, Even H.Hefner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 21, 2016
Ewuro4:

Honestly, the companionship aspect is most essential in marriage/common law. With companiship comes commitment. Nobody's wants to be used and dumped. People want some sort of stability in their lives. And that's the Truth.

It's not fun being alone , have single friends that are okay financially and don't have to lift a finger to get chores done, one of them paid her ex child support till kids adulthood but guess what, they long for a partner-companionship, most especially the older ones (50s). Loneliness is no man/woman's favourite word, Even H.Hefner.

You can be in a relationship and feel lonely.
Being single doesn't necessarily mean that you are lonely.

Being alone and lonely are two different things.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Slapsticker: 5:47am On Apr 21, 2016
Ewuro4:

someone finally got my point. Hey! Give me some Hi Five!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:17am On Apr 21, 2016
You have answered your question, 'companionship', and it goes both ways. Every other role couples play can easily be gotten outside marriage but marriage if you are lucky to make the right choice affords you a stable companion who would be there for you through thick and thin and if God wishes you will spend your old age with.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by ogawisdom(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
Liability n necessary evil to every man cheesy

Na joke ooo grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by byvan03: 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
Some questions makes no sense!! You can employ this to do this and that, how many can afford the regular employment of cooks, cleaners and other domestic staff for the rest of their lives? People have to reason before creating some thread. The main purpose of marriage is companionship, others are fringe benefits. And yes women are just damn too useful, much more useful than their counterpart in marriage if you will be honest to yourself for a minute.

I don't need to tell you which role is more dispensible because you know that too.
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Slapsticker: 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
byvan03:
Some questions makes no sense!! You can employ this to do this and that, how many can afford the regular employment of cooks, cleaners and other domestic staff for the rest of their lives? People have to reason before creating some thread. The main purpose of marriage is companionship, others are fringe benefits. And yes women are just damn too useful, much more useful than their counterpart in marriage if you will be honest to yourself for a minute.

I don't need to tell you which role is more dispensible because you know that too.

does this make sense?

- A wife sends her programmer husband to the grocery store for a loaf of bread. On his way out she says "and while you're there, get a carton of eggs". He never returned.

Calculus doesn't make sense to some folks, neither does programming.

I dig bro...I perfectly do.
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by jashar(f): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
the duty of a wife depends on what the husband needs help with.

Jesus Is Lord.
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by ronald4lif(m): 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
Following...
Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Titilayooni(f): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
Slapsticker:

What exactly is the core role of a wife, can I strip down to the real essence of why I need a wife? This is supposed to be an unbiased and objective angle to this question, so please don't get offended if it doesn't follow your religious prejudices.

Mimzy wrote a piece lately about what is expected of a wife in this generation (paraphrased) and it really got me thinking. Have we abused the office of the wife? and that births the question "what really can a wife do that nobody else can do for me?"

I can have sex without a wife. I can employ a cook. I can have a child without a wife. I can get my laundry done by outsourcing it. I can get my house cleaned by cleaners; that's no need of a wife. so what exactly can only a wife do? A doulah can help with the kids, creche has made things easier. for the overly religious folks that don't wanna fornicate. you can have children safely without. you doubt it? read

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/technology/indian-women-carrying-babies-for-well-off-buyers-1.681951

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/womb-rent-surrogate-mothers-india

I for one never had a brother, never had a friend in the real sense of the word. I have been a loner with many secrets and stuff all bottled in. so deep within I crave companionship and I need a confidant. A lot of unsaid things are going to needed in a lady to be those two things to me effectively, buh they ain't what tops the list of the average guy there.

Many wives have had to multi-task so bad that their real responsibility has been lost. we have prolly heard of wives with maid servants back in those days. could it be economic hardship and survival that has relegated the office of a wife to this? or is this actually what women have over the years been indoctrinated into as part of the roles of a wife in the house? I am yet to find the answer.

I have thus made up my mind that, whatever money can fix, my wife isn't gonna worry about. let her focus on being my companion and confidant. money can handle the rest. Besides, why all the hustling?
That's the only role of a wife cause she would be there till u grow old..I like your spirit.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 22, 2016
a vry nice question.

as an introvert in nature, companionship will be my prerequisite in wife selection

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? / Why I Love Nigerian Marriages/Relationships!!!! OPINIONS!!!! / Does This Sleeping Style Have Any Effect On The Baby.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.