Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? (3060 Views)

Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno / 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by iMumZone: 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
I will like to talk about my first child’s birthday party .

My name is Badmus, a dad of 1 . This is what is happening right now and I am yet to understand the logic or reasoning behind throwing a big party for a child that doesn’t even understand what is going on around him.

My first fruit is turning ONE! yaay! The excitement and the joy in my family is out of this world, everyone including my sister who lives in Dublin has been counting down to June.

Normally when there is a function to prepare for, my wife does the estimate and we “negotiate” on the bill. But when she brought the bill for Andy’s party, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing; I thought to myself, there has to be something wrong with my wife. i told her outright that the bill wouldn’t fly… I mean……..

Who calls a DJ and a live band for a baby’s birthday party?

Who does party packs for kids and also souvenirs for adults? You don’t even want to know how much each gift pack cost.
Who pays a party planner and still plan for a “back up food” just in case?
What is the assurance that it won’t rain on that day?

So because we were TTC for 4years, we should spend half of our savings on throwing a first birthday party. No…… I am a reasonable young man, I can’t sweat and hustle for years and pour it on a party!

Anyways, I told her we are only going to be doing cake, party packs for the kids (friends and families only!), Photography, food and drinks. This will be done in the house not at an event centre as she proposed.

She has been sending everyone to talk to me about it, that she is ready to “compromise” and have the party small. But I still don’t see any reason for it.

It’s either friends and families only or nothing! Is it his wedding day?

Hahahaha…… this write-up sent me laughing…… This dad is angry …….. But truly DJ and Live Band ?

Read more https://imumzone.com/2017/09/26/should-meet-her-grandkids-despite-our-diff/
Read more https://imumzone.com/2017/09/02/loss-baby-girl/
Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
Both.
Who will carry the 1 year olds or feed/take care of the other children in the party? undecided

Having a first birthday party is not by force.
Some choose to make memories. Simple.

1 Like

Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by Ishilove: 2:57am On Oct 04, 2017
Definitely for the adults because the child can't even understand or appreciate it. Wait until the child is older before inviting Rick Ross and King Sunny Ade to sing at the party.
Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by mamadsquare: 3:11am On Oct 04, 2017
A lot of parents do it because others around did and they want to fit well into the status quo. The child would probably feel sleepy and irritable after all the posing and 'say cheese' for the camera, and worse of all he has no idea what is going on.
Why not save all the money that is itching to leave your pocket till like when the child is five, with better cognitive abilities, and take him on a trip to a memorable place.
Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by skressed1: 3:30am On Oct 04, 2017
It’s for both. For the adults to celebrate the baby, and for the baby to have fun. Babies may not be able to speak but they can understand and see what goes on around them, and they tend to enjoy parties as they get to play, eat cake, have fun as babies do and be around other kids. After all the fun, they get tired and fall asleep
Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by Abiagirl777(f): 4:12am On Oct 04, 2017
It is for the kids! I told the parents that brought their kids for my son's so and they all agreed. They only atet but party packs was for children only.

I even did the cooking with my sis alone with#57k and I got to save a lot of money when the caterer said her fee will be #100k.
I was happy I pulled that off though my Ind.cooker helped big time.
Celebrant nko,he cried all through and refused to come down. we don't even have one sensible pic from the event,fever even started that evening and off to the hospital in the morning.
learn not to follow status quo because all the pockets aren't the same.
Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2017
skressed1:
It’s for both. For the adults to celebrate the baby, and for the baby to have fun. Babies may not be able to speak but they can understand and see what goes on around them, and they tend to enjoy parties as they get to play, eat cake, have fun as babies do and be around other kids. After all the fun, they get tired and fall asleep

On the contrary, one year olds rarely enjoy their birthdays. They are either sleeping or crying all through _I have attended quite a number to know this. The crowd and noise annoys them.

OP, it's all about choice. I prefer when the child is older and has friends (classmates cheesy).
Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by badmussy(m): 1:16am On Oct 07, 2017
The reality is that the birthday is for the oldies. They are just looking for an excuse to spend money.
Re: A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? by ImaIma1(f): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
Adults most times. Though i remember a child's birthday party my nephew attended...strictly for the kids invited. Infact my younger nephew couldn't enter because he wasn't invited.

Parents were not allowed in. You drop your child at the entrance and come back at a particular time for pickup. That way it is really a kids party and they have fun.

But really, there is no standard per se. Just do it according to your pocker and taste.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Making Me Feel Depressed / Im Getting Engaged And Im Scared About It: What Shoudl I Do? :-\ / Is This Caring Or What? This Man Backing His Baby While His Wife Sat For An Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.