Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months (20959 Views)

Power Sector Losing N24bn Monthly To Imported Fuel –fashola / FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA / Rivers Rerun: APC Leading PDP After Results In 11 Seats~The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by emerged01(m): 6:20am On Apr 19, 2016
UMUAHIA— GOVERNOR Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State has borrowed a total of N24 billion since he assumed office 11 months ago.

Ikpeazu
This was made up of a N14.1 billion bail-out fund and another N10 billion which government sources said was for infrastructural development.

Meanwhile, the Abia State Government has said that its debt profile was not up to N78 billion as reported by the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, which also placed the state as the 5th highest indebted states in the country.

The state Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Obinna Oriaku, disclosed this while reacting to the statistics released by NBS insisting that the figures given by the Bureau were inaccurate.

According to him, the state government has engaged a team of consultants, who are currently working to reconcile the financial position of the state.

“Well, I am yet to see the document. I totally disagreed with the figures they are mentioning and our rating. If I heard you right, you mentioned N78billion, it is totally unacceptable and I doubt where they got that from.

“Though government is a continuum, from the period we took over, I want to believe that these figures are wrong. For what we got as bailout was N14.1billion, what we got of course was uniform to every state. What we got from the excess crude was N10 billion which makes a total of N24 billion.

“This is the major make up of our debt, then of course, this does not exclude other little debts by way of foreign loans incurred by the last administration or during the period we were at the old Imo State.

“As I talk to you, we have engaged a team of consultants that are working on reconciling those figures with the DMO and they have made substantial progress.Any moment from now, we will be engaging the DMO based on the deductions from the Federal Allocation Account.

“I strongly believe that at the end of the engagement, we will have some more funds that will be rededicated to us. We have fully extinguished those foreign loans. If I am looking at that figure, it is totally unacceptable, however, like I told you, I am yet to see the document then we will know the make-up” Oriaku said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/ikpeazu-borrowed-n24bn-11-months/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by amtaken(f): 6:24am On Apr 19, 2016
How much did Aregbesola and Okorocha borrow?

grin grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by ORACLE1975(m): 6:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Mmm
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by VoteDemiladgold: 6:29am On Apr 19, 2016
It's laughable that these politicians in power keep borrowing money yet nothing tangible is shown for in their states...

12 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by realestworld(m): 6:30am On Apr 19, 2016
Country of thieves called politicians!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Trailii: 6:31am On Apr 19, 2016
another aregbe in the making...

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by realestworld(m): 6:37am On Apr 19, 2016
amtaken post: How much did Aregbesola and Okorocha borrow?

grin grin grin

Madam you shouldn't be covering up these politician if you have any slight opportunity.
People like you are the reason they take us for granted.
You deserve better than this because you know they don't care about you. USE YOUR BRAIN DEAR!

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by buzquet(m): 6:40am On Apr 19, 2016
borrowing for project is nt my problem. but borrowing for lootting is the problem

16 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by seacoast(m): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2016
That's a PDP man with APC tendency...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 19, 2016
amtaken:

grin grin grin
Let's focus on Abia state and not shift the goal post biko.

Ikpeazu should tell us what he did with billions of naira he collected as loan. I hate all these sleaze and wastage by govt.

I want a better Abia state like Anambra

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Mrfahaz(m): 6:45am On Apr 19, 2016
osun state loading......

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by chudionu58(f): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2016
Ikpeazu borrowed more than that.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by amtaken(f): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2016
It's ok.

I wish your state the best.

Fedayeen:

Ikpeazu should tell us what he did with billions of naira he collected as loan. I hate all these sleaze and wastage by govt.

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by amtaken(f): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2016
Can you explain that last line for me ma?

realestworld:

Madam you shouldn't be covering up these politician if you have any slight opportunity.
People like you are the reason they take us for granted.
You deserve better than this because you know they don't care about you. USE YOUR BRAIN DEAR!
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by DonMaxxy(m): 8:46am On Apr 19, 2016
When this man, in an interview with Magic fm 102.9 Aba, told his interviewers; that one of his role models is Chief T. A Orji(Thief After Orji kalu), I started laughing cos I understood his message and mission in Abia wella.
Abians soo sorry for you people cos the flood that will hammer you people in Ariaria this year, no get part 2. Next time you people will vote wisely.

Infrastructral development in Abia...Lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Abia state govts building motor parks since 19B4ADAM.

One ngwa wey don sell him papa land finish will shamelessly come here now to defend okezuo Abia.

8 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Okijajuju1(m): 8:46am On Apr 19, 2016
Abia... Learners..

Find out how much this guy has borrowed.. grin

29 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 19, 2016
amtaken:

grin grin grin

And Okorocha has billions in his American Express, why didn't he borrow Imolites from it?

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Sunnycliff(m): 8:47am On Apr 19, 2016
With this rate of borrowing before it's 2019, abia would have been sold to it's debtors!

But if its been invested in capital expenditures that can repay back the loan is a welcome development!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by JJokoro: 8:47am On Apr 19, 2016
And he still got bailout from Buhari
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by DAVECENA(m): 8:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Na wa o...first few months.....what will happen next year?What nigerians don't know is that they are piling up debt for the future generation politicians....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by AngryNigerian(m): 8:48am On Apr 19, 2016
More bad news...more to come...!
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by kennyman2000(m): 8:48am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 19, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by 5starmilitant: 8:50am On Apr 19, 2016
I have no problem with ikpeazu, as long as the money will be well accounted for and the evidences of his projects will be seen. If we really consider the situation of abia before the man entered, we will know the state deserves more funding.
If it was someone like TA Orji that ruled Lagos before, then ambode would have borrowed up to 100 billion by now.

I repeat again, as long as the funds can be accounted for, No problem.

8 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by teemanbastos(m): 8:50am On Apr 19, 2016
I need cash o... Pls anyone on nairaland who has any 50000naira he no dey use again. May e holla me grin grin
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by shamecurls(m): 8:51am On Apr 19, 2016
[size=18pt]Dangote will end-up buying Abia state.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmmm...... Hope he doesn't create a mountain of debt for his successor cos at the rate he is going, he may hit 96 billion in 4 years
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by jjay28(m): 8:52am On Apr 19, 2016
Abia is a scam! No infrastructures,nothing! The state is dirtier than a pistry! Abia state is a far cry from modern reality! God alone can save Abia state! Because,this administration is more or less a recycled version of the T.A. Orji administration!

13 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by shamecurls(m): 8:53am On Apr 19, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Abia... Learners..

Find out how much this guy has borrowed.. grin

[size=18pt]NGN50,000,000,000[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by dridowu: 8:54am On Apr 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months by Goahead(m): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:

Or Ebonyi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi-Fani Kayode Still Detained By EFCC: Silencing Of Opposition - Aide / CBN Bullion Van Rams Into Ogun Governor’s Convoy / Chude Jideonwo: Buhari Is A Gigantic Failure, I Don't Regret Campaigning For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.