Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice (47412 Views)

Enugu Corpers Die On Their Way From Camp To Place Of Primary Assignment (Graphic / I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee / Corpers' Place Of Primary Assignment In Ogun: Could This Be The Worst PPA Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by alienvirus: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
jaelz:
Okay am a 2015 batch b, stream ii corp member serving with a private software company in Lagos, i have been with them for about four months now, the problem are their rules which are :

1.) You work 8-6 everyday

[size=14pt]It is part of the job. Just adapt.[/size]

2.) You are not allowed access to internet as a corp member

[size=14pt]Not compulsory. Even some companies' staff dont have access. You can browse on your phone I think.[/size]

3.) You can't see the management, as any rule being opposed on you is final and is not subject to review or deliberation by us (i.e the corp members)

[size=14pt]That is harsh from the management. They must have a reason for that. Dont worry, you will succeed without discussion with top management.[/size]

4.) You can't leave your seat until break time.

[size=14pt]Very harsh again. A company has subjected me to that during my IT days. But I endured. Trust me, I currently work with them[/size].

All these rules and more I wasn't to comfy with them but was still managing but the problem now is that they just brought another rule which is to cancel our CDS days of which we refused. The H.R then said we should come to the office in the morning to collect a release form and then come back to the office after CDS,

[size=14pt]You no wan go back before? Abeg go back after CDS.[/size]

i mean who does that? Right now am seriously confused and don't even know what to do again as am scared of raising my voice just to let sleeping dogs lie.

Please i need your candid opinions, options and advice... Please no insults.. Help me get this to front page pls it's really serious.

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Wesely01(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
N
jaelz:
Okay am a 2015 batch b, stream ii corp member serving with a private software company in Lagos, i have been with them for about four months now, the problem are their rules which are :

3.) You can't see the management, as any rule being opposed on you is final and is not subject to review or deliberation by us (i.e the corp members)
4.) You can't leave your seat until break time

All these rules and more I wasn't to comfy with them but was still managing but the problem now is that they just brought another rule which is to cancel our CDS days of which we refused. The H.R then said we should come to the office in the morning to collect a release form and then come back to the office after CDS, i mean who does that? Right now am seriously confused and don't even know what to do again as am scared of raising my voice just to let sleeping dogs lie.

Please i need your candid opinions, options and advice... Please no insults.. Help me get this to front page pls it's really serious.

It's simple go to your LI or ZI whatever they call them now , request for new PPA and tell them your difficulties,sure they will listen and have you reposted.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by macaranta(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
Is the pay worth the stress?

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by EZENDDIGBO(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
jaelz:

All these rules and more I wasn't to comfy with them but was still managing but the problem now is that they just brought another rule which is to cancel our CDS days of which we refused. The H.R then said we should come to the office in the morning to collect a release form and then come back to the office after CDS, i mean who does that? Right now am seriously confused and don't even know what to do again as am scared of raising my voice just to let sleeping dogs lie.

how much re they paying? You failed to mention the salary.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by dammie3(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
If they aren't paying well. I don't think d guy will stay and endure dat kind of treatment. Can't leave seat till break time. You are a corper not a kindergarten pupil. Better begin reason well o.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by goshen26: 11:53am On Apr 19, 2016
No way....CDS is a free day for corps members, even if there is no CDs is not their headache. I remember when my principal in Edo brought same thing I kicked against....that is where ur CDs group comes in, it the duty of the CDs executive to protect ur CDs right.

Anyway, I was a CDs president and no member of my CDs will complain such to me, the next day ur PPA will see all of us. About working hours and condition u had the chance to call foe rejection buh u did not cos of money, so no biggie. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2016
Why dnt you talk to your Zonal Inspector as regards the CDS,but the other conditions are ordinary-
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Sanchez01: 11:56am On Apr 19, 2016
I have nothing to say concerning your work hours, but for the CDS day, it is contained in the NYSC bye law that there shall be a day when a Corp member shall take off work and such days would be used in attending CDS group meetings. You need to understand that you actually work for the FG and not that firm that is bent on enslaving you. My suggestion is that you meet with your CDS coordinator and tell him or her that your PPA wants to deny you what is contained in the NYSC bye law, OR you go to your LG secretariat, meet with your Local Government Inspector (LI) and inform him or her that you'd like to be reposted. The FG's decision through the NYSC overrides that of your PPA, even if you're being paid One million Naira monthly.

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Akposkool(m): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2016
No offense but I think you are one of those persons that influence their postings to Lagos. Look nysc is a call to service and not for fun. If you want to enjoy service please serve in a school and if possibly a rural area. In school you will have chance to do other things. Heck you can even travel during holiday. Oga you should have gone to a class room or better still manage their rules Cus these companies face competition from outside so they must work you hard. Only thing am against is the cds case. That's your right. Please be strong my brother Cus that company is preparing you for your future. If you can survive there then you can survive anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by jaelz(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2016
fr3do:
I hope you are being paid upto 70k to take that kind of treatment from them.
I wish so
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Kgdavid(m): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2016
NYSC is only for a year. Bear the harsh treatment, knowing that your colleagues elsewhere are probably dying to have the opportunity to work for a private firm. Don't forget that for all intents and purposes, NYSC is in fact slavery as your being conscripted into service. So suck it up and serve your time.

Plus you have conveniently left out the details of how much you are making from your lucrative posting, which you may or may not have worked your way into. undecided

Anyway let me tell you this, success in getting what you want or feel is fair at work, is to a very large extent dependent on how much value you offer the organisation. If you come to work looking like you'd rather be at home sleeping, and proceed to churn out average-below average output for the day, and then are the first one to switch off your pc at the end of the day, management is never going to take you or your complaints serious, because they may actually be happy to see the back of your unproductive self. What do you need internet for at work anyway? Is it relevant to your duties?

Nigerians are just unbelievably whiny.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
redcliff:

8am to 6pm job? what corporate outfit does that? God knows i would hve left long ago...looool.

8 - 6 is no big deal. It is the attitude you create for yourself. I work in a multinational. Official hours is 8 am to 5 pm but I come in before 7 am most days and stay well beyond 5 pm. I am not forced, I am not trying to impress, I am not threatened and I am not on entry level role.

4 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by jaelz(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
dammie3:
If they aren't paying well. I don't think d guy will stay and endure dat kind of treatment. Can't leave seat till break time. You are a corper not a kindergarten pupil. Better begin reason well o.
hmm is that what you think
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by dotune(m): 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
1. During your induction/interview, were u told these rules? If yes, it means u agreed. If No, u can engage them through dialogues that's why u went to school. Whatever u do, don't be rude.

2. Are there prospects in the coy? Do u think u have a lot to learn from them? Or do u think they may retain u? If yes, u can endure. I'm assuming that the rule doesn't apply to regular workers.

3. How do they treat their graduate workers who have finished NYSC?

When I was serving in a bank in Lagos, the manager tried to make me come back to work after CDS, I didn't comply. I worked hard every other day so they had nothing to pin against me. But i had a stand. They knew it and we both worked with an understanding.
I was very hardworking but you couldn't force any rule down my throat.

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Cupidkc(m): 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
And you say you're a serving Corp member Please don't die in silent, utilize your rights. Hope you know that you have by-laws that govern all Corp members. Note that all Corp members are free from their PPA on days of CDS... The nucleus of NYSC is the CDS, your work place is only a primary objective of the scheme.
So make I formal complain to ur LGI then ur ZI if need be... You can even be reposted to another PPA if there's need for that. Otherwise you will continue suffering and smiling the Nigerian way.
Peace!!!
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by myinvest: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
Uceegal:
How much is the pay?

He is a Corper! for God sake Pay has nothing to do with it for now. It is a 12Months schemed and you are already 4months into it.. Not much longer to go!

What matter..? Your career, that is what will be with you after the 1year to the the end of your life..

My Advice is :
1) Ask yourself sincerely, am I really being lazy because I am comparing myself to some other corpers in other office? Is it the good tales from other company that is influencing you? Take a deep breath and make sure you are being sincere with yourself.. It is your career that is at sake?

2) Is this the type of work or career path you would like to take? make sure you are not there counting days. If you find the Job interesting, it is your boss that will be asking what time you are going home?

3) Are you finding the job difficult to pick up..? If you having challenges picking up the job routines.. You may want to ask for help on doing your work faster and smarter.. Most time we are trying to use our commonsense on the job, but sometimes there are actually easier and right way to accomplish the task. Speak with the older team mates to help you out.

4) What is the prospect of been retain at the office? No job outside ooo.. And if they retain you .. your CV will read 1 year post NYSC experience even if na 2months you do after. So, check if 2 applies to you.. and if Yes.. then bros, sit down put.

Okay, back to your main question.. CDS is mandatory, the company can not prevent you from attending.. But During my service, I go back to the office after CDS. So you can ask for a compromise on this with the company. But it is your right to go for CDS under the NYSC scheme.

I served in Lagos, but my friends in the other states went to the community to actually impact life during CDS day. it is observe as a no work day.

For those that wants to source funds for charitable community project .. check out www.donate-ng.com

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by tbanty1: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
before we contribute to this corper's troubles, we sud findout how he find his self for the company. Becos d major problem of d so called corps member re caused by their selves. They wil want to serve in a prestigious company/place, instead of them to go jejelly to where dem post dem (majorly public secondary school) and do well there, dey wil b lobbin for rejection from d principal nd wen dey finally secure a trouble company 4 demselves. Dey wil b callin on nairalanders to advise dem. Wetin b our own dere?

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by rashydrashyd: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dear jEALZ,

I will suggest you have a chat with another staff in your PPA who you noticed is a bit liberal and discussed during break or after work hours.

If your NYSC officials still wants you to come for CDS,seriously,they will visit your PPA and educate your PPA,why they need to free you for the CDS.

Cheers
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by magicminister: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
jaelz:

The fact that you are a corper does not mean you are a slave.
I have a feeling you are hoping the software company will hire you after service.
The sad thing is that companies that mistreat their staffs are often the mushroom companies.
Why are you killing yourself over a mushroom company?

3 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by greggng: 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Follow the channel of communication... report to ur lgi and if nothing is done report to ur zi. Move on till u get to the state cordinator. Worst case u will be reposted to another better place
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by mployer(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mariojane:
all of you are funny. it is not about the pay, it is all about your right as a Nigerian and as a corper. OP didn't your ZOnal Inspector tell you or send you to your PPA that the government has the right to call corpers as many times a week as they wish? you are for the government not for your PPA. if your Inspector did not tell you then i am telling you. it is just a normal thing. NYSC can call on the corpers 4days of the 5working days a week. and the PPA cannot complain cos the corpers are sent their to help them not to be misused by them.

before any of you ask wetin i know. i served in a private university and whenever the coordinator comes to check on us, he always remind the Registrar that we are govt children and they call us anytime any day and that we donot report to the school, we report to the govt.

OP you should go and report in the NYSC office unless you are wishing they should retain you there. but with the way things are going, your company may end up reporting you first and once they did that, you will have issues with your coordinator. just report them for awareness sake nothing more and NYSC will definitely send representative to speak with them.

you shouldn't suffer in silence. my one coin

Drop this childish Aluta mindset and embrace reality. What Op is experiencing is how a typical work setting operate. He should drop the complaining and rebelious mindset and learn to conform to office rules.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by icankel: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mariojane:
all of you are funny. it is not about the pay, it is all about your right as a Nigerian and as a corper. OP didn't your ZOnal Inspector tell you or send you to your PPA that the government has the right to call corpers as many times a week as they wish? you are for the government not for your PPA. if your Inspector did not tell you then i am telling you. it is just a normal thing. NYSC can call on the corpers 4days of the 5working days a week. and the PPA cannot complain cos the corpers are sent their to help them not to be misused by them.

before any of you ask wetin i know. i served in a private university and whenever the coordinator comes to check on us, he always remind the Registrar that we are govt children and they call us anytime any day and that we donot report to the school, we report to the govt.

OP you should go and report in the NYSC office unless you are wishing they should retain you there. but with the way things are going, your company may end up reporting you first and once they did that, you will have issues with your coordinator. just report them for awareness sake nothing more and NYSC will definitely send representative to speak with them.

you shouldn't suffer in silence. my one coin
If its all about service to our dear country, y dint he accept his Secondary sch posting cos i beliv he was initially been posted to teach but he went ahead to secure another place of assignment. So i think he shld bear watever may hv attached to his acceptance letter....my opinion sha
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by An0nimus: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
kITATITA:

8 - 6 is no big deal. It is the attitude you create for yourself. I work in a multinational. Official hours is 8 am to 5 pm but I come in before 7 am most days and stay well beyond 5 pm. I am not forced, I am not trying to impress, I am not threatened and I am not on entry level role.

but you're well paid?
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by joyspringacad(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
Ramanto:
Sorry I Don't Have Much To Contribute.

How Much Do They Pay?

Did this rule start from you or the rule has been there before you came?
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by icankel: 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
It can only happen to corp members who refused objected teachin
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
An0nimus:

but you're well paid?
I can't complain but it is the attitude you cultivate in small jobs that prepare you for the big league. My life story is not in any way smooth. However, principles, integrity and dedication to duty will contribute to your success eventually.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by babyfaceafrica: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
OP...if you can't mention how much you aare paid,you don't deserve an honest opinion....you. Don't hide anyone useful data from advisers......two....you influenced you PPA,just say so!!!!!....if that's the position then you deserve what you seek.......thirdly,if the management won't change there stand,ask ur LI to change your PPA,its easy as cheese,unless you and your LI no dey gree,when I was serving I knew people who change their PPA like 2 times!!!!......lastly,the best place to serve and be free is a Public school,dey no dey pay well,but most government schools na flexing corper dey o...I won't trade even a bank job PPA for a public school....I do anyhow!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Dandeedadrunk(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
Is buhari back from china
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by BrownChima212(m): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
FG should please increase corpers allowance now
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by DrHighchief(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
The amount of money paid to you will determine the decision to take. Was it stated also you shud not make it public?
God Bless Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by 9jatatafo(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Channel all complains to the right authority
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by elmisti(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
jaelz:

I wish so

Guy, mention how much u bn paid dat made u endure 4mnths....dnt jst giv us one side of d storylike ur employee is doin no good......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Emmanuel Etuk: Corper's 58th Independence Day Photoshoot / No Batch "A" Stream II Corps Will Be Posted To Borno Or Yobe States- NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.