Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice (47353 Views)

Enugu Corpers Die On Their Way From Camp To Place Of Primary Assignment (Graphic / I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee / Corpers' Place Of Primary Assignment In Ogun: Could This Be The Worst PPA Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by jaelz(m): 9:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Okay am a 2015 batch b, stream ii corp member serving with a private software company in Lagos, i have been with them for about four months now, the problem are their rules which are :

1.) You work 8-6 everyday
2.) You are not allowed access to internet as a corp member
3.) You can't see the management, as any rule being opposed on you is final and is not subject to review or deliberation by us (i.e the corp members)
4.) You can't leave your seat until break time

All these rules and more I wasn't to comfy with them but was still managing but the problem now is that they just brought another rule which is to cancel our CDS days of which we refused. The H.R then said we should come to the office in the morning to collect a release form and then come back to the office after CDS, i mean who does that? Right now am seriously confused and don't even know what to do again as am scared of raising my voice just to let sleeping dogs lie.

Please i need your candid opinions, options and advice... Please no insults.. Help me get this to front page pls it's really serious.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Ramanto(m): 9:52am On Apr 19, 2016
Sorry I Don't Have Much To Contribute.
How Much Do They Pay?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2016
The payment from the organisation will determine the contributions, which is the aspect u forgot to mention

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by DarryOsh(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2016
In summary, you are not comfortable with how you are treated by your organisation. But the only way I know to solve relationship impasse is through dialogue, raising my concerns, listening to the other party's concern.

I cannot advice you to do anything rash that will cost you your job. I don't know the dynamics of your workplace and I'm am working based on the limited info you provided (which I am assuming is true).

For me, 'no dialogue' is not an option. I doubt if I can work with a firm (or have any form of relationship with an individual or entity) where I am not allowed to dialogue and raise my concerns when necessary. But that is me. And of course, I have to consider my situation. For you, it's just a one year work relationship. Maybe you can endure it.

But let me help you a little further. Maybe you look at it through the lens of what is at stake. Ask yourself the following questions within the context of your situation:

What is the best thing that can happen if I raise my concerns? (e.g. Management listens and treats us better)
What is the worst thing that can happen if I raise my concerns? (e.g.I get fired)

What is the best thing that can happen if I don't raise my concerns? (e.g I endure the current situation for 8 months more).

What is the worst thing that can happen if I don't raise my concerns? ( e.g they take it as a cue to bring more crazy rules and eventually I suffer a breakdown).

Answer the questions truthfully based on your situation. Answers will be different for each individual.

That may work for you. It works for me in most (if not all) situations.

Cheers!

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by refiner(f): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2016
undecided......depends on d pay tho!

matured minds on d building...may we hear from u guys!

4 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by gist4kidsblog: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2016
okay

To serve Nigeria is not by force okay......

Try Ghost corper it make sense like kilode

#Irepghostcorper...

koni dafu iyalaye eni company infact na me dey even settle dem for my PPA grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2016
Abeg CHANGE your PPA jor!
What kind of modern slavery is dat? angry

NOTE
Reporting to NYSC authority won't help because, the company
paid some of their staff to post corp members to their company
REASON:- it is a source of cheap labour grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Uceegal: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2016
How much is the pay?

2 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Chalatanace(m): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2016
There's always a second choice bro grin
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by harmyy: 11:42am On Apr 19, 2016
ok
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Teewhy2: 11:42am On Apr 19, 2016
I will not advise you do something that will result into confrontation with your employer, what I will advise you guys to do is to discuss it with your LI and explain the challenges you are facing with the LI. You are just coming into the labour market and it will not be good for you to start having issues with your first work or pre-work. The labour market is very competitive ,saturated and for you to break even it takes the grace of God and your attitude. You never can tell you might even be given full employment after your service and if the pay is good, you start from there while looking for a better employment. If you are retained you also benefit what ever the staffs are enjoying. I don't think they are asking too much from you because if you compare it with us that have worked in Chinese, Lebanese company you will see that you are lucky

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by whytepawn1(m): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2016
A bird at hand is worth hundreds in the bush as far as Lagos is concerned!. be wise bro!.

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by biosepeter1(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Kikikikikik

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Ebay14(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmm.. We suffered almost the same thing during my service year in NIMC office benin.. We were not permitted to go for cds the first month we started and we worked liked staff 8:00am till whenever the last client leaves d office even it's 7pm. We were even compelled to work on Saturday at the beginning.. But thank God we all came together and confronted the management.. Although this caused a lot of issues btw us and the management at last it was resolved.. We had to involve our LI and NYSC state coordinator.. I bliv u can take the matter to your coordinators too.. NYSC has the power to stop that.

14 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Valfrankie(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2016
How much do they pay?

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Hardeybohwarley(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2016
follow your mind...the path laid down by other..follow you instinct....
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Hardeybohwarley(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2016
follow your mind...the path laid down by other..follow you instinct
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2016
It is a glimpse of what happens in the workplace. If you can discipline yourself and go through it; you have largely prepared yourself mentally for the challenges of the workplace. Remember, there are no aluta in the office; every complaint is an individual thing

3 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by alaminjoda(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2016
how much are they paying u?

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by fr3do(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2016
I hope you are being paid upto 70k to take that kind of treatment from them.

2 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Mariojane(f): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2016
alaminjoda:
how much are they paying u?
fr3do:
I hope you are being paid upto 70k to take that kind of treatment from them.
Valfrankie:
How much do they pay?
Uceegal:
How much is the pay?
all of you are funny. it is not about the pay, it is all about your right as a Nigerian and as a corper. OP didn't your ZOnal Inspector tell you or send you to your PPA that the government has the right to call corpers as many times a week as they wish? you are for the government not for your PPA. if your Inspector did not tell you then i am telling you. it is just a normal thing. NYSC can call on the corpers 4days of the 5working days a week. and the PPA cannot complain cos the corpers are sent their to help them not to be misused by them.

before any of you ask wetin i know. i served in a private university and whenever the coordinator comes to check on us, he always remind the Registrar that we are govt children and they call us anytime any day and that we donot report to the school, we report to the govt.

OP you should go and report in the NYSC office unless you are wishing they should retain you there. but with the way things are going, your company may end up reporting you first and once they did that, you will have issues with your coordinator. just report them for awareness sake nothing more and NYSC will definitely send representative to speak with them.

you shouldn't suffer in silence. my one coin

for those of you that are saying i am childish with my comment, i was retained in the school. you don't have to take bullshit to work hard. if you want to work hard, you need only little supervision and you do your work well. not how far but how well. tongue

34 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by torqque7(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Write against them to nysc..simple,don't forget to add sugar and salt and tell them u guys are treated like kunta kinte..lol,seriously tho,make a complaint to Nysc. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by advocatebaba(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
DNT CAGE URSELF BRO, LETTING UR FEELING KNWN IS DA BST ND REMEMBER U R EDUCATED ND U SHUDN'T ALLOW URSELF 2B SUBJUGATED... IMAGINE 8-6, R U A STAFF OR A CORP MEMBER, TINK BOUT DIS... TAKE DECISIVE ACTION BY LETTIN UR FEELING OUT EXCEPT U R PLANNIN TO WRITE A REGRET LETTER AFTER SERVICE.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Lolibama: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Oma307:
The payment from the organisation will determine the contributions, which is the aspect u forgot to mention
You are smart. You just wrote my mind

2 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by stanisbaratheon: 11:49am On Apr 19, 2016
i feel your pain corper. What i'm going through is similar to yours
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Papishi(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2016
Make she reply how much dem dey pay naa
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by eHydrated(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2016
Fulani herdsmen no dey around dat area ni? Invite dem to your PPA for heart to heart discussion with your employer grin

5 Likes

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Krossbow123: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2016
op y u no gree tell us how much d organization dey pay. we dey ask u since but u do like say u no dey online again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Nwadiala: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2016
Bros, follow Nysc rule on cds day, period!

1 Like

Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by redcliff: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
kITATITA:
It is a glimpse of what happens in the workplace. If you can discipline yourself and go through it; you have largely prepared yourself mentally for the challenges of the workplace. Remember, there are no aluta in the office; every complaint is an individual thing

8am to 6pm job? what corporate outfit does that? God knows i would hve left long ago...looool.
Re: Having Problems At My Place Of PPA Please I Need Advice by Taeewo(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
jaelz:
Okay am a 2015 batch b, stream ii corp member serving with a private software company in Lagos, i have been with them for about four months now, the problem are their rules which are :

1.) You work 8-6 everyday
2.) You are not allowed access to internet as a corp member
3.) You can't see the management, as any rule being opposed on you is final and is not subject to review or deliberation by us (i.e the corp members)
4.) You can't leave your seat until break time

All these rules and more I wasn't to comfy with them but was still managing but the problem now is that they just brought another rule which is to cancel our CDS days of which we refused. The H.R then said we should come to the office in the morning to collect a release form and then come back to the office after CDS, i mean who does that? Right now am seriously confused and don't even know what to do again as am scared of raising my voice just to let sleeping dogs lie.

Please i need your candid opinions, options and advice... Please no insults.. Help me get this to front page pls it's really serious.

check ur posting letter, it was stated that corps member shud be release a day during the week to attend CDS.... use that to counter them....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Emmanuel Etuk: Corper's 58th Independence Day Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.