Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,634 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) (8513 Views)

My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast / Infinix Hot 3 LTE Is The Hottest Phone In Nigeria. See Pics And Specs / Which Should I Choose Between Infinix Hot 3 Or Tecno L8. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by TamaraAbells: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2016

I think Infinix is trying to take over the world. By world, i mean the gadget world. I’ve been following their work for a while now and believe me, they are giving so much more for less. To start with, this device is going to be a wonderful one. With its 13MP rear camera and 5MP fron facing camera, i’ll call it the “SELFIE INFINITO”. Anyway enough of the blabbing, lets talk about Hot 3 as defined by it manufacturer.

Camera

I choose to talk about its camera first cos its just so powerful for a low budget phone such as this. It comes with 5MP front facing camera and 13 MP rear camera, meaning it is pictures everywhere you go. Also, it comes with Smile recognition (smart recognition for smiles,) Gesture recognition (fun selfies), Voice recognition (smart recognition for the phrase “capture” or “ cheese”), Timed photos (great for selfies), Touch capture (touch screen for instant focus and capture). I’m telling you, this is good news for Mr / Ms Selfie.

Display

The device comes with 5.5-inch high precision display. The 5.5-inch screen {(~68.4% screen-to-body ratio), 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density)} features full-laminate GFF technology for 1.2mm high precision processing, which prevents glare while minimizing distance between glass and screen for exceptional clarity and vivid picture quality. For me i think it is “good to go” on the display.

Performance / Memory

Infinix finally left the realm of the MTKs and now they now they dwell with the “Big Boys”. Hot 3 4G LTE comes with a very powerful Snap Dragon 415 CPU Octa-core 64-bit, a 16ROM, a Snap Dragon 415 Octa-core 64-bit processor which utilizes A53 architecture and is 50% faster than Cortex A7, a 2GB RAM, meaning you have nothing to worry about whether you are chatting, gaming, taking photos, surfing the web, listening to music, or multitasking. Also, an onboard Hexagon DSP provides phenomenal background management for lower power consumption and longer standby time. I believe you’ll agree with me that this device is no joke.

Battery Life

This is what the manufacturer said about the battery; “It is powered by a 3000mAh battery combined with low consumption design to enable 9hrs of web browsing, 20hrs of talk time, and 33hrs of music. OTG support provides 1A reverse charging to share power with other electronic devices.” You know i could have easily fall for all those sweet things about the battery but to say i can get up to 9hrs of web browsing from a 3000mAh battery? Sorry Infinix, i find that hard to believe. A phone that has a screen as wide as this would definitely consume more power. Also, using 3G services can drain the battery in a couple of hrs. But then who knows, maybe they did some Mambo Jumbo on it that i’m not aware of.

Sound

The device sound production is a very good (by definition anyway) with a signal noise ratio (SNR) of 97.3dB as well as 0.008% ultra low distortion and anti sound-breaking technology providing professional grade processing for the best available quality. HOT3-LTE also utilizes upper and lower silicon dual-mic noise canceling to effectively lower background noise; it is coupled with a wide frequency receiver for excellent call quality.

Hardware

The back cover is designed to fit the curve of the palm and processed with a fine diamond texture with about different beautiful colors like Black, Blue, Copper, Gold, Pink, Silver, White, to choose from. It is 152.6mm in length, 76.2mm in width, and 8mm in depth. Weight is 167g. It may not be the slimmest device in the market but then its a really cool device.

Software

It comes with Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop), a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Adreno 405 GPU, XUI interface, a Dual Sim, 16GB ROM, 2GB RAM, and all other wonderful stuffs you will fall in love with.

In conclusion, i think the device will do just fine if you’re the type that loves selfies, games, hardcore, and beauty all in one. Also you can add more if you think i haven’t written everything about the device.

Read more: http://gurusjournal.com/infinix-hot-3-4g-lte-review/
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by olayinkajnr(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Op op. The hot 3 that I know infinix released last month is not a 4G LTE device neither is it a qualcomm device but Mali 400 GPU device...
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by TamaraAbells: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
Yea, this one is the new one. Let me give you the direct link to it on their website
http://infinixmobility.com/smartphone/hot3-lte/
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by superfelix: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
no price?
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by joseph214(m): 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nice one by infinix
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by LongJohnS: 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
The battery is the major setback of this phone.
Well I guess you can have it all.
Nice one though. Team Infinix

1 Like

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by TamaraAbells: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
price is about #36,000 naira

1 Like

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by mysticgal(f): 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
36 shocked
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Collinz2(m): 11:12am On Apr 20, 2016
LongJohnS:
The battery is the major setback of this phone.
Well I guess you can have it all.
Nice one though. Team Infinix
how is the battery a setback, better and higher specs dont mean better performers. Remember galaxy s5 battery is not up to 3000mah bt it can perform better than some phone with it.

1 Like

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by jooey11: 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
Any idea where i can get it pls?
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by therealesttin(m): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
Its available online on jumia, konga and yudala and offline at microstation and slot , online price is N26500
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Babalegba(m): 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
therealesttin:

Its available online on jumia, konga and yudala and offline at microstation and slot , online price is N26500
Looks like those ones are different to the one o.p is talking about

3 Likes

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
When I can get one if the best selling now, homtom for around $50?. We are in recession, so no need to waste money on phones again.
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by LongJohnS: 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Collinz2:
how is the battery a setback, better and higher specs dont mean better performers. Remember galaxy s5 battery is not up to 3000mah bt it can perform better than some phone with it.
Yea sometimes. But it all boils down to how efficient are they to optimize their CPU for better performance
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by HARDBOI: 12:51am On Apr 21, 2016
ok
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Scharck(m): 6:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Snapdragon 400 series powerful? If I hear...

1 Like

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Viktor1983(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2016
Cool story
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by jooey11: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
TamaraAbells:
price is about #36,000 naira

Where can i get this version pls?
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Astutechris(m): 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
Nice review! Infinix went to a new whole level (in terms of processor) with the Infinix Hot 3 LTE.

1 Like

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Dam5reey(m): 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
Collinz2:

People can hype sha... How.... Have you used both phones...?

This is is 5.5 inches compared to 5.1 inches on S5... S5 is 2800 mah
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Collinz2(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2016
Dam5reey:

People can hype sha... How.... Have you used both phones...?

This is is 5.5 inches compared to 5.1 inches on S5... S5 is 2800 mah
does the display really matters. Havent u seen phone with 2gb of ram and quad core processor still hangs.

1 Like

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by xhebruski(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Why would I waste time buying the infinix hot 3 when I can get the LTE/4G version for almost similar amount. See the Infinix Hot 3 LTE version phone Specifications for yourself and see what I mean

1 Like

Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by heezey(m): 1:37am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by desy244: 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
I want to buy the phone and they are telling me hot 3 do not have LTE.....
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Micheezy7(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2016
desy244:
I want to buy the phone and they are telling me hot 3 do not have LTE.....

It does.. check jumia
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by desy244: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
Micheezy7:

It does.. check jumia
already did but have not being delivered
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by desy24444(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
Micheezy7:

It does.. check jumia
I have gotten the fine. thanks to jumia
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Thanks this is most outlined review and it mentioned the hardware and the key factor of the Snapdragon superiority over MTK, failed to talked about the GPU which is Adreno 405 and mind you Adreno 330 is actually a beast.
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Scharck:
Snapdragon 400 series powerful? If I hear...

lol that's old i change my mind about the phone i thought it was around 7 series or 8
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by g10patriot: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Has anyone complained about the mouthpiece? Had to return one to Jumia because people can't seem to hear me. Got the second one and almost the same but some could hear. Just don't know it it's a general problem.
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by Mafia4life(m): 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
It cant be rooted. Thats why I hate this device. Bootloader is locked and need manufacturer key to unlock it....
Re: The New Infinix Hot 3 4G LTE (A Guru's Review) by sureteeboy(m): 10:54am On Dec 02, 2016
Mafia4life:
It cant be rooted. Thats why I hate this device. Bootloader is locked and need manufacturer key to unlock it....
Aahhhh. I just bought one. Bro, is there really no way around this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Arrival: Itel It1409 / Reason Why You Should Not Recharge From Bank Account / How To Configure Mtn Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.