Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months (1052 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu‘s N3.2b Case: Witnesses On The Run, Says Efcc / FIRS Generates N3.233trn Within 10months / Nigerian Government Reveals How Five Officials Diverted N3.2b Benue LG Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by pixierock: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
The Kwara State Internal Revenue Service on Monday said it generated N3.2 billion in the first three months of 2016.
The Executive Chairman of the service, Dr. Muritala Awodun, disclosed this in an interview with newsmen in llorin on Monday.
According to Awodun, N951 million was generated in January, N1.04 billion was generated in February and N1.2 billion was achieved in March.
Awodun said the service is expected to generate N6.6 billion in the first quarter of 2016.
He explained that the Service had engaged over 1,000 people, including 528 direct staff since it began operation in January.
He said a labour intensive technology driven approach was adopted by engaging younger people across the state.
The Chairman of the service disclosed that consultants were also engaged to enable the service meet its set target.
On local government revenue in Kwara State, Awodun said the 16 local government councils in the state generated N75 million as revenue for the first quarter of 2016.
Awodun said the service only worked with four items out of the 21 revenue generating items available.
On blocking leakages, the Executive Chairman said as from May 1, citizenship application and all other payments would be done online.
He said charges at the judiciary in the state would also be reviewed to reflect the current realities.
He advised residents in the state to make sure that they get the receipt of the exact amount they paid for services.
On properties enumeration, he said the state is divided into three regions to facilitate the operation of the service.
He called on residents to cooperate with the service in achieving its set objective and boost the revenue profile of the state.
NAN.
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Saraki is coming to have its own share

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
SARAKI legacies still alive and active, he is the foundation of the 'MODERN KWARA'.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by mrvitalis(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
I still can't believe I will govern a local government and we won't generate 2 billion a month. .. . Not to talk of a state like Kwara

We have fools as leaders I swear down

1 Like

Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
ehh
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by Standing5(m): 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
Have you guys seen the size of Kwara on map? It is almost the size of the entire SE . . . And yet they are proud of N3.2b quarterly IGR.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by pixierock: 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
mrvitalis:
I still can't believe I will govern a local government and we won't generate 2 billion a month. .. . Not to talk of a state like Kwara
easier said than done
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by pixierock: 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
Standing5:
Have you guys seen the size of Kwara on map? It is almost the size of the entire SE . . . And yet they are proud of N3.2b quarterly IGR.
Its a good step in the right direction. it used to be lower before the establishment of KWIRS
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by mrvitalis(m): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
pixierock:

easier said than done
There is nothing hard there
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by Pattybm: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Its quite an impressive start, hopefully we will start to see massive development projects as promised by the state government. Plus many people have been employed as a result. Nice one!
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by dayoolawepo: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
This is a great improvement compared to the meager revenue that used to be generated. This is a sign that some leakages have been blocked and i do hope KW-IRS keeps up the good work.
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by dayoolawepo: 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
That's why you should share your ideas with the state government on how you think IGR can be improved. Take actions and not just make comments on social media that won't bring any improvement. Thanks
mrvitalis:

Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by rayornb(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
SARAKI legacies still alive and active, he is the foundation of the 'MODERN KWARA'.

Don't you see its probably because Leader was busy facing trials at CCT and because he has EFCC trailing him was the reason why they were able to generate such amount? Wake Up!!!

1 Like

Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by RockHard: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
Standing5:

Kwara state landmass is much bigger than the entire SE region, but has just about 10% of the SE population. If her resources are well harnessed she should be generating no less than N10 - 15-billion monthly in IGR.
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by mrvitalis(m): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
dayoolawepo:
That's why you should share your ideas with the state government on how you think IGR can be improved. Take actions and not just make comments on social media that won't bring any improvement. Thanks
I have. .. and most times they won't take it serious
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by omonnakoda: 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
Lagos State generates that in just under 5 days
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by pixierock: 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
Lagos State generates that in just under 5 days
Lagos state's ability to generate a huge IGR is well known and is not a basis for comparison.
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by omonnakoda: 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
pixierock:

Lagos state's ability to generate a huge IGR is well known and is not a basis for comparison.
English lessons will go a long way.........

What is the meaning of your construction? Please translate ..........

If you were trying to say there should be no comparison between the two states then that is your opinion which is different from mine. I am not trying to change your opinion so live and let live ,OK?
Re: Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months by pixierock: 9:15am On Apr 20, 2016
omonnakoda:
English lessons will go a long way.........

What is the meaning of your construction? Please translate ..........

If you were trying to say there should be no comparison between the two states then that is your opinion which is different from mine. I am not trying to change your opinion so live and let live ,OK?
Its rather nice to know you got the point all along.

(1) (Reply)

Christians In Danger: Plot To Islamize Naija With Bh, Fh Exposed [must Read] / Nnamadi Kanu Is Not Our Leader / Apc Chibok Lies Busted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.