Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b (1274 Views)

EFCC Begins Phase Two Of $2.1b Arms Deal Probe / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by naijatoday: 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2009
The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Samuel Odulana, has said that the Oyo State government is owing Ibadan Traditional Council ₦1.1 billion.

Oba Odulana made the disclosure on Tuesday in Ibadan while speaking at the inauguration of a committee that would oversee the construction of a new Olubadan palace.

He explained that the government owed the council ₦978 million last year and ₦246 million in the first five months of this year.

"Since May 6, 2007 when I was installed, the state government has not been paying our five percent statutory allocation," said the traditional ruler.

The monarch said that he had challenged the government in court, asking the state government not to intrude in the affairs of the traditional council.

The new palace is to cost ₦3 billion, and the traditional ruler called on all Ibadan indigenes to contribute meaningfully to its realisation.

Eleven council chairmen in Ibadan land would be involved and they were urged them to include the proposed palace in their capital projects for next year.

"They are expected to contribute ₦300 million, so that by this time next year, the money would have been gathered," a member of the committee said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5441332-147/Olubadan_says_Oyo_State_is_owing.csp?CSPCHD=0000000100002vc8zf8t000000mL8qmB_sh5yY6U0kS7l7Mw--
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
How?
Were they given a project to build for the state? If not, those fraudsters should forever shut their dirty mouths and move into the labour market as soon as possible. angry

Shio!
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by naijatoday: 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2009
nuzo:

How?
Were they given a project to build for the state? If not, those fraudsters should forever shut there dirty mouths and move into the labour market as soon as possible. angry

Shio!

The state governments needs to stop paying traditional rulers, this applies to the whole country.
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by mbulela: 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
day of a thousand laffs grin
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2009
interesting!
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by mustafar1: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2009
he better add interest and late fee to it. awon alayi lo ju ti. . .
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by bootycall(f): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
OMG,they pay traditional rulers?what for?wow shocked
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2009
I am trying to understand what the money is for?
Is that part of the arrangement with the govt?
If it is, does that means all Traditional rulers are given such allocations?
If they allocate such to traditional rulers, no wonder people kill themselves to be kings of brats in some villages.
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by Epiphany(m): 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
abeg, dont blame the Olubadan. He is looking for money to chop too,
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by naijatoday: 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am trying to understand what the money is for?
Is that part of the arrangement with the govt?
If it is, does that means all Traditional rulers are given such allocations?
If they allocate such to traditional rulers, no wonder people kill themselves to be kings of brats in some villages

I think it happens around the country because, recently some oba's in Lagos were complaining that the state should increase their salary because it is too small and they have expenses especially people coming to them needing help. I think the government said they cannot.

That is why they kill themselves to be king and get themselves involved in politics.
Re: Olubadan Says Oyo State Is Owing Traditional Council N1.1b by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
naijatoday:

I think it happens around the country because, recently some oba's in Lagos were complaining that the state should increase their salary because it is too small and they have expenses especially people coming to them needing help. I think the government said they cannot.

That is why they kill themselves to be king and get themselves involved in politics.

So that means the kings are making more than even some people that are working to pay taxes.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori Trial: Live Witness Account! / 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa / Buhari In Nasarawa: Introduced Street Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.