Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) (29103 Views)

Vikings Members To Honour Their Queen Who Died Recently. Photos / Nigerians Dig Out Buried Frozen Chicken Seized By Customs / Four Bullet-proof Vehicles Hidden In A House In Ikoyi Seized By Customs. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
Great
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by xpat1: 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
Customs dey tryooo but what about the tokunbos seized?
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by seunlayi(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
Someone will soon say pmb is working

1 Like

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by saintfizzo(m): 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Holydude:
They will seize goods and later share it among themselves and family members..corruption everywhere..

I know right?

The importers of those goods didnt grease the comptrollers palm well enough thats why their goods were confiscated.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by DaBullIT(m): 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Damn
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Bugatie:
Do we imported unprocessed woods also ?
Edit and make the proper correction b4 they will come for ur head.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
sonnie10:

I believe the wood was meant for export. That one is a reverse of the case, the export of wood is prohibited.
We still export timber, is nt prohibited.

These ones are contraband goods coming in2 the country.

Was wondering wen Nigeria started importing log of timbers wen we have reserve forest all over the country with woods wasting.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by sonnie10: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
mavinkalot:
for real? prohibited? i never knew. why? can you explain?

It has to do with conservation of forest. Greenhouse effect, protecting the ozone layer and preserving the natural habitat of other living things. They said afforestation leads to desert encroachment which ultimately threatens the existence of some endangered plants and animals. One other thing they told us is that trees produce oxygen and take in carbon dioxide, so that we can have fresh air.

Most importantly is that we have more need for woods in Nigeria than for a few individuals to export them for personal gain.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by sonnie10: 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
herbie27:
We export timber.

What are you saying?.

Was wondering wen Nigeria started importing log of timbers wen we have reserve forest all over the country with woods wasting.

Timbers are contraband. You are not permitted to export them (Not that people don't anyway), check customs website for list of prohibited export items from Nigeria.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Bugatie(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
herbie27:
Edit and make the proper correction b4 they will come for ur head.

Lols, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Amitex(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Customs only seize goods in Lagos, hardly hear of seizure in borders between Chad-Nigeria, Niger-Nigeria and Cameroon-Nigeria. May be smugglers do not exist on those axis undecided
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by davibid: 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Holydude:
They will seize goods and later share it among themselves and family members..corruption everywhere..

Is there any good person in Nigeria shocked

Judge yourself and you'll know you ain't no exception grin
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
sonnie10:

It has to do with conservation of forest. Greenhouse effect, protecting the ozone layer and preserving the natural habitat of other living things. They said afforestation leads to desert encroachment which ultimately threatens the existence of some endangered plants and animals. One other thing they told us is that trees produce oxygen and take in carbon dioxide, so that we can have fresh air.

Most importantly is that we have more need for woods in Nigeria than for a few individuals to export them for personal gain.
It's deforestation that leads to desert encroachment not afforestation.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
Bugatie:

Lols, thanks
Ur welcome!.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by sonnie10: 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
herbie27:
It's deforestation that leads to desert encroachment not afforestation.

Thanks. Deforestation, reforestation, afforestation! Enough terminology to deal with?

1 Like

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
Holydude:
contraband oh! But their house hold never lack contraband items.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by dikeizu1(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
gej plz can you forgive nigerians and come back plz
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by donodion(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Customs Anti-Smuggling Campaign

The Federal Operations Unit Zone ‘A’ of Nigeria Customs Service within January to 1st Week of April 2016, has made seizure of assorted smuggled and contraband goods worth N572,100,700.00.Comptroller Mohammed Dahiru, Federal Operations Unit Zone ‘A’Lagos, gave the details of the seizure as follows:

I. 4,911 bags of 50kg parboiled rice
II. 1,5048 cartons of imported frozen products
III. 1,884 (25 Ltrs) of Vegetable OilI
V. 17 trucks of unprocessed teak woods

On his advice to smugglers, Comptroller Mohammed Dahiru stated his resolve to deal ruthlessly with smugglers, “as long as they are ready to circumvent the fiscal policies of the Federal Government in terms of trade, we will continue to arrest and prosecute them as a deterrent to others”.

===> http://www.metropillar.com/2016/04/assorted-and-smuggled-items-seized-by.html

Igbese!!!
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Joel3(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
like someone said. its cheaper to import unprocessed wood. Nigeria economy currently do not encourage local goods because its expensive. thanks to China cheap product.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Ononachi(m): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
I am struggling to know why processed wood can fly but unprocessed wood can't fly. Customs should remove wood from their ban list and encourage the export of every necessary raw materials.

1 Like

Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Joel3(m): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Ononachi:
I am struggling to know why processed wood can fly but unprocessed wood can't fly. Customs should remove wood from their ban list and encourage the export of every necessary raw materials.
seconded.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by aliyusamaila52(m): 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
Good work
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by systematica(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
wellmax:
Now I understand why most custom officers wives in my area have all turned to rice sellers.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by AmAlbert(m): 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dem greedy, dem no gree settle, no be from Lome here wey almost 10,000 bales of okrika dry comot go Nigeria, most of my customers nationwide Nigerians, no week wey I no dey way bill 200 bales of okirika give em, some na frozen foods, so na cos dem no gree settle well... How you wan stingy for everything come still dey expect to go free

*sips dogonyaro and kulikuli
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
ednut1:
Nigerians are the ones killing this coutry. my neighbour's wife who is a pastor is into frozen foods smuggling. yet she sees nothing wrong in jt. this country is jst doomed abeg
economic saboteur hiding behind the guise of religion
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by kamarov: 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
There is something inside the wood for them to import freely
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by solpat(m): 12:03am On Apr 20, 2016
Have you ever visited the shop or the home of a Nigerian Customs officer Their homes are stocked with most of these seized items These figures stated here are not true. These seized items have been shared amongst themselves. I fear who no fear Custom officers. They are super corrupt angry
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by emi14: 2:31am On Apr 20, 2016
topradar4:
These Guys Never hear, They continue Smuggling and The NCS keep on Seizing them. Nigeria shouldn't be a dumping Ground for all Manner of goods, We have all it takes to Grow and Export all these things. No one would do it for us but ourselves.

We have all it takes...in social media abi. What and what do we have? Please inform me.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Frankicent(m): 5:26am On Apr 20, 2016
emillionaire:
Man must survive.

Pls visit my blog @ naijacnn.com , am not competing with any one but seriously i need some encouragement. This blogging game is not easy as it seems. f**K
if CNN sue for using there name. you go know yourself.
Re: Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2016
Abbeyme:
Oti o

Since, the birds (of the smugglers) have learnt to fly without perching, the hunters (of NCS) has learnt to shoot without missing!!

I am tempted to smell rat - going by the non rounding-off of the numbers of seized bags of rice and kegs of vegetable-oil. Hoping food-stuffs have not changed hands

angry

aiming

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) / Suspect Who Murdered A Boy For Ritual Dies Controversially In Police Custody / Ekene Dike: Missing 15-Year-Old Boy Found Dead In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.