Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor (24301 Views)

How To Make Money Drop Shipping/importing From Nigeria Without Capital / Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / The CBN Governor The Problem Of Nigeria Or Are We Getting It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by tuniski: 7:28am On Apr 20, 2016
princemillla:
Have started talking to my Chinese suppliers already and am having all my quotes in Renmimibi instead of dollars.

Just waiting for the yuan availability to kick start. Am going to hit it seriously hard on this one

It doesn't change anything. Buying in cfa,yuan,dollar,pound and what have u boils down to same currency parity! It is just gimmick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by blackpanda: 7:33am On Apr 20, 2016
Wailers, where are u grin
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by omogin(f): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2016
This clown will do anything or say anything to keep his job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Praizekeyz(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2016
Don't take tins too serious...we are just here to catch fun
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Lilimax(f): 8:34am On Apr 20, 2016
Importing what bikonu? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Almonda: 8:36am On Apr 20, 2016
Wetin we get wey we one export to China? amidst all these scarcity?

2 Likes

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by youngmoore(m): 8:36am On Apr 20, 2016
That's where we dey make mistake.the best is what u just said I pray for naija oooo
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by youngmoore(m): 8:36am On Apr 20, 2016
That's where we dey make mistake.the best is what u just said I pray for naija oooo
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by classical15(m): 8:37am On Apr 20, 2016
Let's just be optimistic and keep our fingers cross that this China deal will yield some serious positive outcome. #standup Nigeria
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by krak101(m): 8:37am On Apr 20, 2016
undecidedwhat exactly does China intend to import from Nigeria Minerals

2 Likes

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by crazygod(m): 8:38am On Apr 20, 2016
tit:
"china to start importing some of their items"

ha ha ha ha

so it will be cheaper than the one wey them make for their side?

ha ha ha ha
this zombie supporter of APC emefiele wan make me laff ooo
but i is not finding it funny.
I tot I was the only one that saw that statement o. How can someone export a product to a country and go to the same country to buy the same product again? Where exactly is the sense in that?

2 Likes

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Pidggin(f): 8:38am On Apr 20, 2016
tit:

ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha

grin Na so me sef dey laff.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:38am On Apr 20, 2016
Some items? What items exactly....if not OIL, what else do we export that is cheaper than the one produced in china...last I heard from president of MAN(manufcturers association of Nigeria), cost of manufacturing in 9ja is 9 times more than cost of manufacturing in china. So I repeat, what exactly are the "some items"

2 Likes

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by AreaFada2: 8:40am On Apr 20, 2016
989900:
@Modath: I think we had this discussion some while back, but they need stable power supply to make this work.

It's time for the gov't and the people (all of us) to go hard on pipeline vandals!

No need for light. FG don't see that as priority. Maybe they think China produces goods with darkness. grin cheesy

Will China import finished goods made with Generator power at expensive rate?

What can we produce cheaper than China anyway?

It will be usual raw materials: teak wood, cassava for industrial starch and those cheap raw materials. Soon 9ja will be 20 to billion in trade deficit with China. shocked shocked
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by agabaI23(m): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2016
China has been importing from Nigeria for long. One of the products is casava flakes...

It is nothing new. If he said they increase importation, that's different

1 Like

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by youngmoore(m): 8:43am On Apr 20, 2016
I wish it works out coz what's that china want to important again instead of us look for small country and start making money from them
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Deen77: 8:43am On Apr 20, 2016
989900:

It means some of them factories we import from, from China, will establish here -- meaning you don't have to need forex for importing, the products will be cheaper, the finished Chinese products from here, can be exported to other countries from Nigeria.

Our climate allows for all round production -- no winter months.

Our wages are lower than theirs -- same reason Iphones are 85% manufactured in China, same reason companies like Samsung moved from Korea to China, and now Vietnam.

We just need to create a friendly business environment -- we have the population, smart people, we speak English, good weather, oil and gas (a shame . . . thinking of the possibilities if we put that to maximum advantage).

Now, is the time for smart Nigerian importers to think of moving on to manufacturing.

OTOH, in terms of direct trade to China, we have mineral resources, and a few products (especially agricultural) they need, which trade agreements could ensure they buy from us.

Ajaokuta steel can be developed and export.

1 Like

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by prinsam30: 8:45am On Apr 20, 2016
great moves but let's watch out
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by dungburu: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2016
THE DECEPTIVE SCAM IS TO ALLAY YOUR FEARS N KEEP U HOPEFUL TILL END TIME.. CAMPAIGN AFTER ELECTION. WE WILL.... (FUTURE TENSE) ZOMBIES ARE ALREADY FANTASIZING OVER DEAD AND UNREALISTIC DEAL..

THATS A COOL COMFORT ANYWAY.

IT IS THE APC ZOMBIES THAT WILL TELL U STARVATION IMPROVES HEALTH.

YEYENATU!

2 Likes

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by emmyblackky(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2016
the truth is, China will not import anything other than our raw materials & at a very cheap rate; after all we don't have any industrial products to export to Chad or Cotonou not to talk of Chinko China. Emefiele wake up and work

1 Like

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by deucelaw: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2016
princemillla:
Have started talking to my Chinese suppliers already and am having all my quotes in Renmimibi instead of dollars.

Just waiting for the yuan availability to kick start. Am going to hit it seriously hard on this one

Weldone bro, thumbs up....some of us are re-positioning ourselves to see how we can profit massively from this...Some other ones are either criticizing or onlookers. New wealth and millionaires will emerge from this step while those who only see negative will pay the price.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by anitank(f): 8:50am On Apr 20, 2016
What exactly will China be importing from us?

1 Like

Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by dungburu: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2016
I could still remember some mumu from north here saying if Buhari emerges, they would add more wives because things would be cheaper as peak milk will go back to N1.

Did u see d lives of people that reason from their anus?
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by adepiero: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2016
OP, kindly correct your english. Its import "to" and not "from" angry
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Osgilliat(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2016
tit:

ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha

There is no country that provides ALL her needs with comparative advantage. There will always be something that we have in abundance and that they don't have.. All we need to do is to step that thing to the highest level and gbam!! I really hope this country get it right this time.. For the sake of us all..
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2016
To me, i cant believe any govt unless it has begins its full course on it
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by princemillla(m): 8:57am On Apr 20, 2016
tuniski:

It doesn't change anything. Buying is cfa,yuan,dollar,pound and what have u boils down to same currency parity! It is just gimmick.

It's does Bro,

If the govt can be sincere with this deal, then it's a win win for Sharp Nigerians.

I used to convert their rate from rmb to dollars them to naira. The worst part is to buy dollar back then but with this now.

For example : the exchange rate using yuan to naira. 1 naira is 30.1 to 1 Rmb so, it mean if am buying something worth 200 rmb is :
using Direct Rmb

30.1x 200= 6020 naira

Using Usd

1 usd = 6.5 rmb
1usd to naira is 199 ( cbn exchange rate)

Now break it down using our 200 rmb worth of goods

200 rmb is = 30.9 usd
Now 30.9x199=6149

Compare the difference

6149-6020 = 129 naira

Imagine if you are buying in Stocks.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by princemillla(m): 8:58am On Apr 20, 2016
deucelaw:

Weldone bro, thumbs up....some of us are re-positioning ourselves to see how we can profit massively from this...Some other ones are either criticizing or onlookers. New wealth and millionaires will emerge from this step while those who only see negative will pay the price.

Thanks and appreciate, we r sure gonna make it real big
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by BizBloke(m): 8:59am On Apr 20, 2016
It's a known fact that exports and imports work pari passu to establish trade balance or imbalance (if it's not properly done). It really took this long to figure?

Nonetheless, a good one. I hope it's not just about tooting a horn before the actual do; before Emefiele bigs Nigeria up, implementation should be in progress and not the dilly dally associated with government participation in the economic progress of Nigeria. Fingers crossed!
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by Springz(f): 8:59am On Apr 20, 2016
'to start' 'to implement', 'to produce ', ' to open'..... I think Nigeria is way past this future reference dust. You want to do something, do it.
Re: China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor by abdulrazaq4(m): 9:01am On Apr 20, 2016
That will go a Long way to increased our Gross Domestic Products (GDP)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Internet Marketers, Not Yahoo Boys! - FATTKAY / How To Succed In Pure Water Business / Fire Guts Balogun Market, Goods Worth Millions Of Naria Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.