Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (42723 Views)

"Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) / A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
HomeOfMe:
In fact my brother! 8 whole hours from porthacourt to enugu? Why not go by road instead! The railway stations are an eyesore! In 2016?

Sometimes when the government talks about development, I wonder if they are living in a cave. Tomorrow they will talk about tourism meanwhile there are no roads, how will tourists get to their destinations, on 8 hr trains? They dont seem to understand that when it comes to tourism we are competing with other countries as destinations and while we may like stress, other people don't like stress and will not come to your country if it takes 3 days to travel from PH to Kano.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by freecocoa(f): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
I no trust naija abeg, what if the train go spoil for thick forest like you call am, nko? And that 8 hours is not encouraging at all.

This country still has a very long way to go, mschew.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Babyphinas(f): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Imteresting
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by freecocoa(f): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Oche4short:
This is incredibly awesome. As far as I am concerned, the time of arrival is immaterial. Looking at it safety, comfortability, adventures etc.
So what has the picture you attached, got to do with the topic?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by persius555(m): 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
janellemonae:

Actually this rail lines of the nigerian railway corporation have been in existence since colonial times. They were never maintained and were left to dilapitate. You can imagine wt the agricultural money, the whites were able to connect the whole country by rail. Thats how they got produce from all over the country transported to lagos for export.

We started governing ourselves since 1960, had an oil boom since the 80's and in 2016 we are still using the same lines from 1915.
We made a mess of the country after colonialism ended in the 60s.
I am not afraid of the past, but the future.
From the comments so far on this thread, all i see is mockery and condemnation. Yes, the damage has been done. Other countries have moved ahead while we are still struggling. We are struggling because we sat back and allowed our leaders to destroy what collectively belong to us.
In the 60s, nigeria had some of the best railway system by global standard, far better than the chinese. Today, the chinese have the best ratil system in the world. Recently, the chinese president visited the US and the CCECC (chine civil engineering construction company) struck a deal with the New york railway to help them upgrade their rail system to world class standard.
Who ever thought the chinese could attain this feat. It took dedication, self discipline and optimism. From the comments on this thread so far, anyone can tell that mentally and psychologically, we are still far from recovery.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
chizidgreat:
Thanks to the Goodluck Jonathan's admnistration, the railway service that was rehabilitated is fully working and is meant for all to enjoy. Yesterday, I boarded a train enroute Portharcourt to Kano and dropped at Enugu and these were my experiences. It was actually my first time of ever using the train and all I could say is that it is purely fun and full of adventures.

First, I observed that the train was faster than many people think. We left Portharcourt by 7am and reached Enugu around 3pm, something I never thought would be possible with the Nigerian train. Well, you should know that there is no traffic jam associated with the train. Secondly, I observed that the train have many advantages over the buses like space, enough natural air, table to place your things and even read your books if you want to, and the convenience to move about as you like and with that, you will never get bored throughout the journey no matter the length of distance. Also, the train is very cost effective especially in this kind of time that fuel determines almost every move we make. In fact, the fare from Ph to Enugu is just 650 ( I mean sixty hundred and fifty naira ) and from Ph to Kaduna; 2,100.

However, there are some hitches that happened on the way before we could reach our destination and which in my thinking should warrant some improvement on the rail system. I am going to explain these hitches as I give brief details of my experiences on the way.

We set off from Portharcourt by exactly 7 am and reached at Elelenwa station before 8. But we waited there for almost one hour because another train was coming from Aba and there was only one rail for their passage. So, we had to wait until it reached the station and cleared to the side before we could pass and continue our journey. I hope the minister for transport should take note of this. Next place to stop was Imo river. Imo river was folllowed by Aba which I think looks equipped to an extent. Aba was followed by Umuoba. At umuoba shortly after the station, we exprienced another hitch;the train started crawling like a snail; the reason being that that there were grasses on the rail which needed to be gotten rid of for effective moment. This took about 20 minutes . From Umuoba, we got to Mbaosu, then Umuahia Ibeku (Nnamdi Kanu’s place- I guess), then to Uzuakoli and then to Ovim to Ozara to Afikpo to Uduma to Nomeh to Ugbawka to Agbani, then to Enugu. I think that this documentation can help some authors and statisticians.

The journey was doubly that of an experience and an eye opener. Expreientially, we came across so many trees I had never seen before. In some of the thick forests, we also saw some exotic animals but not the harmful ones though. As an eye-opener, I noticed that there were still some communities in this our country that needed more attention than others and I should use this medium to implore those involved to, please do the needful. For instance, in some of the thick forests, precisely between Afikpo and Ishiagu both of Ebonyi State, I noticed something that dazed me. I saw a very old building inside the thick forest and I was yet wondering whether it was where people used to live before the war when suddenly, we sighted children who turned out to be schoolchildren waving at us from the building. Oh my God, that was a school! And looks like a government school too. I wondered, is the government still aware that they exist?
Apart from these few hitches, the rest of the journey was smooth and enjoyable and like I noted before about free movement in the vehicle, I kept jumping from coach to coach and even coming to the door to wave at the onlookers that happily waved at us. One more thing before I forget, Enugu Railway Station is the most equipped and the most beautiful one I have seen from Ph to Enugu. Pls, let’s clap for Enugu.
Below are the pictures of the railway stations we came across on our way.

Now, let me encourage anyone that wish to travel a long distance and don't have the money that the train is a good alternative and is safer than you think. I also made few inquiries and discovered that the train moves from Portharcourt on Tuesdays by 7am and arrives Kano by Thursday Morning. It also leaves Kano that same Thursday and arrives Portharcourt by Saturday Morning. That means the movement is once in a week; this is apart from the one that shuttles between towns like Aba and Ph on daily basis though. So, if you are travelling from Enugu to Ph, just come to Enugu railway station by 3pm on Saturday and from Enugu to Kano or Lafia or Kaduna should come to Enugu railway station by 3pm on Tuesdays. Any other information about other locations would be duly communicated

Please what's the address of the train station in Enugu town. I'm interested in using the train
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by umuokezie(m): 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
nice one!
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by prinsam30: 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
I was hoping to see something different, old thing been recycled
check out these awesome moment

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
lofty900:
So people spend two whole days in a train from ph to kano. I think road is faster by the way, I didn't see any fine girl in the train to keep company. That's why I love chisco luxurious buses. Fine girls everywhere including the ones that board attachment and are ready to sit on your laps grin
angry tongue
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by proudlysports: 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
OP well done on a well-documented journey.

Now to the crux of the matter.

Back in the 80s as a young 5-7 year old boy, my family used these same trains regularly from Lagos to Kaduna to visit my dad who was posted to that region. I can't remember how long the journey took but back then we had sleeper carriages with double decker beds and we were served potatoes/bread and fried egg every morning of our journey.

This was far back in the 80s. Now for any Nigerian government to come in 2015/2016 to boast about returning to a system that is not even as good as the system we had in the 80s is not just decietful but also wicked! I understand that the younger generation may find this exciting especially if you have not tasted what is obtainable outside Nigeria (even in Africa not to talk of Europe).

If Nigeria was a poor country, I wouldn't be complaining. What makes the situation worse is when you hear of the billions stolen by past administrations. Billions that could have given us world class standard guage rail lines.

For those who don't know, President Obasanjo (I'm not a fan by the way) signed a deal with China to give us a world class standard guage line before he left in 2008. That project would have taken 3 years (2008 - 2011). That project was cancelled by Yaradua and Goodluck only for then to return us back to the stone age. Nigeria lost $300M just for cancelling that project (google it).

For those who may say, well it's a good starting point, etc etc...I'm sorry but that is crap! Imagine if you had a very rich Father, a billionaire who unfortunately lost his life but bequeathed all he had to you his only son. Imagine if because of you young age your uncles and aunts kept the money for themselves and didn't provide you with quality living for many years. Then imagine one day they decide to buy you a TV (after leaving you without one for over 10 years) and got you a black and white cathode ray TV in these days of flat screen HD TVs yet they have these state of the art TVs in their own homes. Would you call this "a good starting point or would you consider them as thieves and wicked people?"......exactly!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Odunharry(m): 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
Funjosh:
I have travelled by road from West to East, West to North, West to South by road. But the first time I travelled by Train From Lagos to Offa and Offa back to Lagos was the the best journey I ever embarked on. Space to charge my laptop and phone, enjoyed the air condition system, went to the Bar to take some chilled drinks though the canteen was an error. But I saw some beautiful and old town in western Nigeria, love the aroma of the green forest and enjoyed the way it bounces as it moves on it tracks also met some cool people on the train. Still planning to go on another journey through railway again smiley cool
That time it will take is only what's discouraging me from taking a train..
Currently want to go to Lagos from Ilorin..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by proudlysports: 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2016
persius555:
We made a mess of the country after colonialism ended in the 60s.
I am not afraid of the past, but the future.
From the comments so far on this thread, all i see is mockery and condemnation. Yes, the damage has been done. Other countries have moved ahead while we are still struggling. We are struggling because we sat back and allowed our leaders to destroy what collectively belong to us.
In the 60s, nigeria had some of the best railway system by global standard, far better than the chinese. Today, the chinese have the best ratil system in the world. Recently, the chinese president visited the US and the CCECC (chine civil engineering construction company) struck a deal with the New york railway to help them upgrade their rail system to world class standard.
Who ever thought the chinese could attain this feat. It took dedication, self discipline and optimism. From the comments on this thread so far, anyone can tell that mentally and psychologically, we are still far from recovery.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by obailala(m): 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
chizidgreat:

First, I observed that the train was faster than many people think. We left Portharcourt by 7am and reached Enugu around 3pm, something I never thought would be possible with the Nigerian train. Well, you should know that there is no traffic jam associated with the train. Secondly, I observed that the train have many advantages over the buses like space, enough natural air, table to place your things and even read your books if you want to, and the convenience to move about as you like and with that, you will never get bored throughout the journey no matter the length of distance. Also, the train is very cost effective especially in this kind of time that fuel determines almost every move we make. In fact, the fare from Ph to Enugu is just 650 ( I mean sixty hundred and fifty naira ) and from Ph to Kaduna; 2,100.

Now, let me encourage anyone that wish to travel a long distance and don't have the money that the train is a good alternative and is safer than you think. I also made few inquiries and discovered that the train moves from Portharcourt on Tuesdays by 7am and arrives Kano by Thursday Morning. It also leaves Kano that same Thursday and arrives Portharcourt by Saturday Morning. That means the movement is once in a week; this is apart from the one that shuttles between towns like Aba and Ph on daily basis though. So, if you are travelling from Enugu to Ph, just come to Enugu railway station by 3pm on Saturday and from Enugu to Kano or Lafia or Kaduna should come to Enugu railway station by 3pm on Tuesdays. Any other information about other locations would be duly communicated
8 hours between PH and Enugu is a nightmare, but 48 hours between PH and Kano is almost a death sentence. It is cheap though, so that should be fine for someone who needs a cheaper and safer alternative.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Getikebusy(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
Funjosh:
I have travelled by road from West to East, West to North, West to South by road. But the first time I travelled by Train From Lagos to Offa and Offa back to Lagos was the the best journey I ever embarked on. Space to charge my laptop and phone, enjoyed the air condition system, went to the Bar to take some chilled drinks though the canteen was an error. But I saw some beautiful and old town in western Nigeria, love the aroma of the green forest and enjoyed the way it bounces as it moves on it tracks also met some cool people on the train. Still planning to go on another journey through railway again smiley cool

Nigerians should enjoy this while it lasts. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic but we,Nigerians, know the maintenance / improvement culture is zero. I hope this mode of transportation won't die a miserable death
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by alexlee50: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
So GEJ actually constructed railway lines and bought trains, and they move.God punish APC, God punish Amaechi
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Joel3(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
i agreed with Donald Trump when he said Africa need to be colonized for another 100 years. in my opinion Africa should never have gotten any independent. there are some people who shouldn't get independent. and Africa is a specimen of such a people.

I have been to Enugu rail station myself and what I saw is the colonial era and footprint.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Getikebusy(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
garfield16:

Sometimes when the government talks about development, I wonder if they are living in a cave. Tomorrow they will talk about tourism meanwhile there are no roads, how will tourists get to their destinations, on 8 hr trains? They dont seem to understand that when it comes to tourism we are competing with other countries as destinations and while we may like stress, other people don't like stress and will not come to your country if it takes 3 days to travel from PH to Kano.

That's shows the extent of the decay in the mindset of Nigerians. the so called leaders travel abroad frequently and they see what's obtainable outside the shores of this country. But still yet they condemn the masses to suffer. I don't know what sought of miracle would repair the damage that has been done to Nigeria.
The system automatically suppresses anyone who has Nigeria's best interest at heart, all in the name of personal interest of i-dont-know-who

I just hope that in the next 50 or so years we won't still be seeing such rails in this country

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Franky826: 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
dustydee:

8 hrs?
shocked

minus the 1hr waiting for the train from aba, then the frequent stops. pH to Enugu by road is 4hrs. but if that traffic wey dey as you wan comot pH or within aba dey, bros na 6+ hours o. so technically the gap isn't much.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Dinocarex(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
krak101:
How was Edo airways
Hahahahahaha..... See this bad mouth guy!!
The first airline I traveled with was aero contractor...

But if u gimme that Edo airline ticket... I wouldn't mind to fly at night to comma meet ur gf!! grin tongue tongue
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by krak101(m): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dinocarex:

But if u gimme that Edo airline ticket... I wouldn't mind to fly at night to comma meet ur gf!! grin tongue tongue
grin Now tell me why you no go crash... You get privilege to fly edo airways and your only wish na to come see my babe. Shuuu. Too bad for you, na me dey control tower
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by krak101(m): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dinocarex:

grin Now tell me why you no go crash... You get privilege to fly edo airways and your only wish na to come see my babe. Shuuu. Too bad for you, na me dey control tower grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by persius555(m): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
proudlysports:
OP well done on a well-documented journey.

Now to the crux of the matter.

Back in the 80s as a young 5-7 year old boy, my family used these same trains regularly from Lagos to Kaduna to visit my dad who was posted to that region. I can't remember how long the journey took but back then we had sleeper carriages with double decker beds and we were served potatoes/bread and fried egg every morning of our journey.

This was far back in the 80s. Now for any Nigerian government to come in 2015/2016 to boast about returning to a system that is not even as good as the system we had in the 80s is not just decietful but also wicked! I understand that the younger generation may find this exciting especially if you have not tasted what is obtainable outside Nigeria (even in Africa not to talk of Europe).

If Nigeria was a poor country, I wouldn't be complaining. What makes the situation worse is when you hear of the billions stolen by past administrations. Billions that could have given us world class standard guage rail lines.

For those who don't know, President Obasanjo (I'm not a fan by the way) signed a deal with China to give us a world class standard guage line before he left in 2008. That project would have taken 3 years (2008 - 2011). That project was cancelled by Yaradua and Goodluck only for then to return us back to the stone age. Nigeria lost $300M just for cancelling that project (google it).

For those who may say, well it's a good starting point, etc etc...I'm sorry but that is crap! Imagine if you had a very rich Father, a billionaire who unfortunately lost his life but bequeathed all he had to you his only son. Imagine if because of you young age your uncles and aunts kept the money for themselves and didn't provide you with quality living for many years. Then imagine one day they decide to buy you a TV (after leaving you without one for over 10 years) and got you a black and white cathode ray TV in these days of flat screen HD TVs yet they have these state of the art TVs in their own homes. Would you call this "a good starting point or would you consider them as thieves and wicked people?"......exactly!

If only the youths would make sense out of this. They would rather take sides with these politicians who have only themselves and their family at heart. I fear for the future and not the past.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by emmyreb(f): 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
join train from kano and c d bad side of train
a week, u are still on joni
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by bakila: 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
Oche4short:
This is incredibly awesome. As far as I am concerned, the time of arrival is immaterial. Looking at it safety, comfortability, adventures etc.
Most importantly we are having a re-start after a long decay and destruction.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by aprokomania(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
chizidgreat:
pictures of ph station
please give us the other available routes
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by LasPlagas: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
The author of this article is a true Nigerian. I doff my hat for you. I would love to embark on this journey too;however I have some questions. How safe is the train? Then do they have sockets in the train to charge electronic devices? Then does the train move at night? I would be glad if my questions are answered. Thanks.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Is it possible to travel from Lagos to Enugu by train?
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by lebete3000: 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
chizidgreat:
Thanks to the Goodluck Jonathan's admnistration, the railway service that was rehabilitated is fully working and is meant for all to enjoy. Yesterday, I boarded a train enroute Portharcourt to Kano and dropped at Enugu and these were my experiences. It was actually my first time of ever using the train and all I could say is that it is purely fun and full of adventures.

However, there are some hitches that happened on the way before we could reach our destination and which in my thinking should warrant some improvement on the rail system. I am going to explain these hitches as I give brief details of my experiences on the way.

We set off from Portharcourt by exactly 7 am and reached at Elelenwa station before 8. But we waited there for almost one hour because another train was coming from Aba and there was only one rail for their passage. So, we had to wait until it reached the station and cleared to the side before we could pass and continue our journey. I hope the minister for transport should take note of this. Next place to stop was Imo river. Imo river was folllowed by Aba which I think looks equipped to an extent. Aba was followed by Umuoba. At umuoba shortly after the station, we exprienced another hitch;the train started crawling like a snail; the reason being that that there were grasses on the rail which needed to be gotten rid of for effective moment. This took about 20 minutes . From Umuoba, we got to Mbaosu, then Umuahia Ibeku (Nnamdi Kanu’s place- I guess), then to Uzuakoli and then to Ovim to Ozara to Afikpo to Uduma to Nomeh to Ugbawka to Agbani, then to Enugu. I think that this documentation can help some authors and statisticians.

The journey was doubly that of an experience and an eye opener. Expreientially, we came across so many trees I had never seen before. In some of the thick forests, we also saw some exotic animals but not the harmful ones though. As an eye-opener, I noticed that there were still some communities in this our country that needed more attention than others and I should use this medium to implore those involved to, please do the needful. For instance, in some of the thick forests, precisely between Afikpo and Ishiagu both of Ebonyi State, I noticed something that dazed me. I saw a very old building inside the thick forest and I was yet wondering whether it was where people used to live before the war when suddenly, we sighted children who turned out to be schoolchildren waving at us from the building. Oh my God, that was a school! And looks like a government school too. I wondered, is the government still aware that they exist?
Apart from these few hitches, the rest of the journey was smooth and enjoyable and like I noted before about free movement in the vehicle, I kept jumping from coach to coach and even coming to the door to wave at the onlookers that happily waved at us. One more thing before I forget, Enugu Railway Station is the most equipped and the most beautiful one I have seen from Ph to Enugu. Pls, let’s clap for Enugu.

How will I spend 2days on the road
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by buzoo: 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
chizidgreat:

Pls, I wud love to experience such a journey by train soon enogh. I would like to however make some enquiries. Can I travel to Benue from Lagos using the Lagos train. If u have the answer to that, pls reply. If you have the contact of any1 I can get this from, I will appreciate his contact. U can such a contact 2 my email: buzoo123@yahoo.co.uk. Thank u
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nayok(m): 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Funjosh:

Paid by Aregbesola during festival grin
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Thanks so much for sharing!
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by galantjoe(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
i want to travel lagos from anambra state. which train station is nice one to travell from.

please update. because it will save money for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Canada Invites Carpenters, Plumbers And Welders From Nigeria, Others / Qatar Airways Launches Double Bed In Business Class (Photos) / FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.