Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,390 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador (17496 Views)

Biafra: INM Calls For Probe As Group Fingers Obiano, Ekweremadu As Kanu Sponsors / EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by kahal29: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2016
Abuja – The Economic and Financial Commission has disowned the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu as its anti-corruption ambassador.
Ekweremadu was reportedly decorated as an ambassador of the anti-graft agency by its National Assembly Liaison Officer, Sulaiman Bakari, on Tuesday.

But apparently angered by such appointment and decoration of the DSP, the commission kicked against it on Wednesday morning, saying th‎at it did not authorise Bakari to confer such status on Ekweremadu or any other politician for that matter.

In a statement dissociating the commission from the action, EFCC Spokesman. Wilson Uwujaren, claimed Bakari acted on his own as the commission does not give awards but investigates economic and Financial crimes.

Wilson said: “The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to some reports in the print and online media, on April 20, 2016 claiming that the anti-graft agency has decorated the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, as “Anti-Corruption Ambassador”.

“According to a statement issued to the Press by the Special Adviser to the Deputy Senate President, Uche Anichukwu, the purported decoration, was carried out by the EFCC National Assembly Liaison Officer, Suleiman Bakari who was quoted to have said: “ On behalf of my acting chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Mustafa Magu and the entire management and staff of the EFCC, decorate you as an Anti- Corruption Ambassador and formally present this frame, as a token of our appreciation to your person and office, and as a symbol of the institutional partnership between the EFCC and the National Assembly”.

“The EFCC totally dissociates itself from the purported action of Sulaiman Bakari as he acted entirely on his own. “He clearly acted outside his brief as a liaison officer as the management of the Commission at no time mandated him to decorate Ekweremadu or any officer of the National Assembly as Anti- Corruption Ambassador.

“The statutory mandate of the EFCC is the investigation and prosecution of all economic and financial crimes cases, which does not include the decoration of individuals as anti- corruption ambassadors.

“The Commission is not in the habit of awarding titles to individuals. And those enamoured of titles, know the quarters to approach for such honours, not the EFCC

Members of the public and stakeholders in the fight against corruption are enjoined to disregard the so-called decoration, Uwujaren said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/%e2%80%8eefcc-disowns-ekweremadu-anti-corruption-ambassador/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by hurricaneChris: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2016
I knew that news was fake.

Someone who still has forgery case in with the police can never be involved in such ambassadorial role.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by contactlenz: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2016
Black market award to the highest bidder.

That EFCC official that conferred Ekweremadu with that award should be probed

39 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2016
Great...

Continues viewing threAd from afar...

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2016
ok
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by PRYCE(m): 11:25am On Apr 20, 2016
I thought there was something awkward about it sha...

Cos EFCC giving awards is like saying ' Ekweremadu pls go and steal... We'll look the other way'... Afterall, He's a SINATOR.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2016
Magu abi na mugu just got a phone call from aso rock reprimanding him.Well Too late,Ekweremadu is already an EFCC ambassador!!! Congrats Ikeoha grin grin grin grin

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 20, 2016
Ok, i hear
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 20, 2016
hurricaneChris:

Someone who still has forgery case in with the police can never be involved in such ambassadorial role.

The news was not fake,a senior EFCC official decorated him with the award.I suppose the authorities at aso rock picked office with it hence this press release

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by dechriscool(m): 11:29am On Apr 20, 2016
Apc,an inconclusive government with an inconclusive direction with confused mindset

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Neaman(m): 11:29am On Apr 20, 2016
maka why...Ikeoha is a good man naa..adonbilivit.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:31am On Apr 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Our(PDP) GOD prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies(APC)

13 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by ricsman(m): 11:31am On Apr 20, 2016
hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by hurricaneChris: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

The news was not fake,a senior EFCC official decorated him with the award.I suppose the authorities at aso rock picked office with it hence this press release

Another inconclusive event under this govt? grin grin

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by ricsman(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:
Magu abi na mugu just got a phone call from aso rock reprimanding him.Well Too late,Ekweremadu is already an EFCC ambassador!!! Congrats Ikeoha grin grin grin grin
I notice u too.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Taeewo(m): 11:35am On Apr 20, 2016
I see
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by hardywaltz(m): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2016
I knew that news was fake from day one...
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Wabros: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2016
Man of high intellectual does not need it self I hail u ikeoha
kahal29:
Abuja – The Economic and Financial Commission has disowned the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu as its anti-corruption ambassador.
Ekweremadu was reportedly decorated as an ambassador of the anti-graft agency by its National Assembly Liaison Officer, Sulaiman Bakari, on Tuesday.

But apparently angered by such appointment and decoration of the DSP, the commission kicked against it on Wednesday morning, saying th‎at it did not authorise Bakari to confer such status on Ekweremadu or any other politician for that matter.

In a statement dissociating the commission from the action, EFCC Spokesman. Wilson Uwujaren, claimed Bakari acted on his own as the commission does not give awards but investigates economic and Financial crimes.

Wilson said: “The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to some reports in the print and online media, on April 20, 2016 claiming that the anti-graft agency has decorated the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, as “Anti-Corruption Ambassador”.

“According to a statement issued to the Press by the Special Adviser to the Deputy Senate President, Uche Anichukwu, the purported decoration, was carried out by the EFCC National Assembly Liaison Officer, Suleiman Bakari who was quoted to have said: “ On behalf of my acting chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Mustafa Magu and the entire management and staff of the EFCC, decorate you as an Anti- Corruption Ambassador and formally present this frame, as a token of our appreciation to your person and office, and as a symbol of the institutional partnership between the EFCC and the National Assembly”.

“The EFCC totally dissociates itself from the purported action of Sulaiman Bakari as he acted entirely on his own. “He clearly acted outside his brief as a liaison officer as the management of the Commission at no time mandated him to decorate Ekweremadu or any officer of the National Assembly as Anti- Corruption Ambassador.

“The statutory mandate of the EFCC is the investigation and prosecution of all economic and financial crimes cases, which does not include the decoration of individuals as anti- corruption ambassadors.

“The Commission is not in the habit of awarding titles to individuals. And those enamoured of titles, know the quarters to approach for such honours, not the EFCC

Members of the public and stakeholders in the fight against corruption are enjoined to disregard the so-called decoration, Uwujaren said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/%e2%80%8eefcc-disowns-ekweremadu-anti-corruption-ambassador/

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by IVORY2009(m): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2016
Nigeria will always be Nigeria, someone has been awarded a title, only for an "Oga" @ the top in Abuja to query the officer that made/awarded such title, its really disappointing where this govt is heading to..... shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2016
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

"EFCC claimed Bakari acted on his own as the commission does not give awards but investigates economic and Financial crimes." Please they should do the second part on DSP Ekweremadu as soon as possible grin

Amazing clarification smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Wabros: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2016
[It wasn't fake,he is d only person dat merit it in NASS.uote author=hurricaneChris post=44871164]I knew that news was fake.

Someone who still has forgery case in with the police can never be involved in such ambassadorial role. [/quote]
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Wabros: 11:44am On Apr 20, 2016
[How do u know?quote author=hurricaneChris post=44871164]I knew that news was fake.

Someone who still has forgery case in with the police can never be involved in such ambassadorial role. [/quote]
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by dukie25: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2016
EFCC National Assembly Liaison Officer, Suleiman Bakari who was quoted to have said: ‘On behalf of my acting chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Mustafa Magu and the entire management and staff of the EFCC, decorate you as an Anti-Corruption Ambassador and formally present this frame, as a token of our appreciation to your person and office, and as a symbol of the institutional partnership between the EFCC and the National Assembly’.

Chai, E pain dem.
What an embarrassement to the ruling party to see a member of corrupt PDP being honoured for his fight against corruption.
D thing pain dem.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Trailblazer1(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2016
grin grin grin

Buhari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See your life tongue

You cant even tolerate fair play

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Gboliwe: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
hardywaltz:
I knew that news was fake from day one...

hurricaneChris:

What news is fake? SMH. I don't know how some of you comprehend.

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Gamesmart: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
It is time to sack Suleiman Bakari and then probe his accounts.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lol
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by rottennaija(m): 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
Wabros:
Man of high intellectual does not need it self I hail u ikeoha

Man of high intellect you said he is, that he doesn't need it but he received it anyway, neve r rejected it. Hmm, did you mean to say intellect or integrity?
Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by wazobiaN9(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

obviously, you will declare Buhari the best president if he gives your uncle a position in govt..

all your cries, na just food you dey look for.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by Sydney22: 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
undecided Tinubu don call magu

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by jojomario(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
No wonder I read d story over and over again. I was thinking what is EFCC turning to. Because the whole show will soon turn to bazaar and the highest bidder takes all.
Anti-corruption body giving out awards to politicians.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador by emajoe: 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari At The Opening Plenary At Morrocco Of The High Level Segment Of #COP22 / Opposition Behind Fake Video Of Explosion At South African High Commission – FG / Buhari To Lay Foundation For University Of Transportation, Daura On Dec 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.