Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) (56446 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by laviecontinue: 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
cool cool cool.
Faru1:

OK let's assume so and let also take it that it's the media that exploded and package it in such a gallery and fashion show.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by mogboyelade(f): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
This is what I call oba swagger.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by superstar1(m): 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
That is my Oba.

Ride on Kabiyesi.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by miqos02(m): 8:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
ok
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Iwonimi(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
That's my kabiesi

Proud 2 come from iwo town
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
That is my King. Charismatic king. The king with swag ( Oba swagger)
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by aleem50(m): 8:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

I'm not from Iwo, but I love the place.

it's an historical place in Yoruba heartland.

Iwo omo atenigbore.
good of you
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Mbediogu(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
Eleyi Head of State.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by tammie24: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
southwest kings undecided

and you compare all these criminals(omi of ife, oba rilwayne001 of lagos) to the OBA OF ALL obas, OBA OF BENIN undecided undecided undecided undecided
Don't you get tired of these rubbish you post all the time?
Who d he'll is oba of Benin sef
Na who know am
E give you work?
Wetin na
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by unitysheart(m): 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
kabiesi,

whats up my king?

Your Royal Emperor,

I love to be one of your courtier, your throne is great and your domain is one so alluring.

Your charm is regal and so are your great and wonderful subjects. The great and famous Iwo people.

My king you are like king James in Yoruba land, change can be funny, but we asked for it.

May your time mark the best and most memorable for the blessed Iwo people.

Iwo olodo oba,
omo atenigbola,

omo abikan rakan.

Iwo onilekun be won o ni kokoro,
Eru werewere nii s'ode l'ojude Iwo.

Once upon a time, they made a youth the King in my hometown. But instead of the man to calm down and win the heart of the people, and consolidate the fractions,

Then the spirit of vandamm and tebliq got hold of him. He began to act with reckless power. He infuriated his people so bad.

One day, the people took hold of their own king and began to give him 'home training' in public, they beat their king to a pulp. Then the king abandoned the kingdom.

Since that time, the kingdom of Ado Odo has become a republic. I wished the king was my king, or that my king is blamed for other youthful stunts.

I identify with you my kinsman.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by mkoabiola: 12:14am On Apr 21, 2016
So my oba is very imtelliegent evem though he de alwys do like nigga frm western western.
Anyway,proudly iwo
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by springtech(m): 12:48am On Apr 21, 2016
I just love this King.
I am proud to be from Iwo.
He makes me want to visit Iwo after about 20 yrs.

God bless the Oluwo of Iwo. Ki ade pe lori, ki bata pe lese, ki irukere pe lowo o.
Ki oba gbo, ki oba to, lori ite baba re.
kayeyesi oooooooo.

A king that serves God is Wise. You are wise in deed.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Swaggin'King cool
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
Honestly thats how some people incure curses upon themselves.
palsenator:
Bastard that's what your generation is. Your lack of courtesy is obvious in your God forsaken attitude. You dare call South West kings criminals Infact the thrones will curse you. Bastard! If you are confused about history, you ask next time. Oloshi.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by jagbajantus: 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
Good for the young Oluwo.
Certain Nigerians never get tired of the useless, idle comments. All you need to do is to wish the young man well. He is trying to carve his own niche, plot his path and set his own pace. Nothing wrong with that. Times have changed folks. This young king is only demonstrating the "new" trend in Royalty and "Kingship" in Nigeria. As long as he cares about his people and is not disrespecting his town or his own people, that is all that matters. Leave him alone people! Monarchy is more ceremonial in this day and age. But there is no doubt that a young, smart, educated Oba or Obi can make a big difference and create a huge influence and a sphere of attraction of progress and development to his town.

The new trend is that all towns across Nigeria (big and small) are starting to have younger and younger Obas, Obis, Emirs, Ezes, Obongs, etc.
Not only are they younger and younger, they are more educated and better educated, many with college degrees. They have more advanced views and are progressive-thinking. They have a common taste with you in the type of music, movies, fashion and culture that they like. These are modern kings. And this is better for the country as a whole. The days of the uneducated, unsophisticated and untraveled Kings are gone. Welcome to the modern century people. It is happening all over Nigeria. We should all embrace it - NOT criticize it.
Congratulations to the young King. Enjoy your miliki and your fine iyawo and all the concubines. Which one concern any of us? Abeg make una go sidon. Leave this Oba alone if im no kill anybody. grin
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
lalasticlala:

Kabiyesi, you always talk of your town as being special. What do you really mean?

Unfortunately, what I observe is that people have penchant for distorting history. The history of my town is very significant in Yorubaland. Our history is very beautiful and my pride. I am straight from Ile-Ife. I am not upgraded but born a king. The Oluwo was born a prince right from the source in Ile-Ife. There is a lot to Iwoland. The Oluwo is the only king that took the crown from Ife. The Oluwo is the only one that still has a ruling house in Ile-Ife.

What is the name of the ruling house?

It is Lafogido ruling house. Mother of Oluwo Gbagida came from that ruling house. Iwo did not emerge from nothing. It was predicted that we would settle at the land of Parrot. There is no other animal that speaks like human beings apart from the parrot. The same crown Ooni wears is what the Oluwo wears. Iwo can still go back to Ile-Ife and join Lafogido ruling house to contest Ooni stool. I want you to note it well that Owodo ruling house in Ile-Ife under Okerewe falls under Lafogido. It is the next ruling house after Giesi. Oshikola, Ogboru, Giesi and Lafogido are the four ruling houses in Ile-Ife. I must also tell you that there are 27 traditional rulers under Iwo.

I do not know what crown the Oluwo took from Ife - what the Ooni wears (Ade Are) is owned by Iranje-Ideta through Obatala & Osangangan Obamakin. The crown Oduduwa owned was taken away by the people of Idanre. What crown is the king talking about? Asides from the Ade Are which the Ooni wears on his coronation and selective days, he really has no crown other than caps of different styles.

Also, the Oba was wrong(pardon me) where he said only the Oluwo/Iwo can go back to Ife to contest the stool of the Ooni.

Ife Odan throne can also contest through Ogboru House.

Ifewara can also contest through Otutu of Lafogido House.

Oke Igbo through Derin Ologbenla of Giesi (the house ascends Oke Igbo and Ife thrones).

There are a few more but I'll stop here.

The King may have focused on Iwo alone but should not have made it seem like the connection of Iwo throne to Ife throne is something peculiar to Iwo alone.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by sweetgala(m): 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
laviecontinue:
Mmmm ok bros u try, infact u see am talk(oriso) so now can u just do this? Think of how this world ll look like in 100yrs...... shocked ok, now read your comment again grin see you sef dey. Laugh abi. I'm very sure the first oba who choose to drive a car over riding a horse was worship like a (god)....just saying ni o

Yh clap for yourself.

There is progress and then there is stupidity. The Queen of England still observes every royal rite without any issues or conflict with modernity.

We are not speaking of the relationship to necessities here, but the abdication of traditional duties and ethic at the pillar of a perverse modern standard.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by laviecontinue: 7:50am On Apr 23, 2016
Sir no one is talking about their ROYAL RITES (I'm sure they still observe it, actually with parssion go to ife some certain days you'll see what I'm talking about) their dressing style is what's the topic here. Queen Elizabeth? nahhhh bros have you seen how the royals used to dress? Common mehn!
sweetgala:

Yh clap for yourself.

There is progress and then there is stupidity. The Queen of England still observes every royal rite without any issues or conflict with modernity.

We are not speaking of the relationship to necessities here, but the abdication of traditional duties and ethic at the pillar of a perverse modern standard.
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by absoluteSuccess: 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
unitysheart:

I identify with you my kinsman.

Wow,

Omo Alado moro.

Mo yo fun o, mo yo fun raami.

Alamuwa a gbewa o, ase.

kitigbe omu Olofin?

1 Like

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by unitysheart(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Wow,

Omo Alado moro.

Mo yo fun o, mo yo fun raami.

Alamuwa a gbewa o, ase.

kitigbe omu Olofin?

O gbere

1 Like

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by mide88(m): 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Baba you dey there!!!
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Rilwayne001: 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

and you compare all these criminals(omi of ife, oba rilwayne001 of lagos) to the OBA OF ALL obas, OBA OF BENIN undecided undecided undecided undecided

hehe ozoakpe a. K. A camel piss, how your life? Lol.. You no even ask of yourmain sad
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

hehe ozoakpe a. K. A camel piss, how your life? Lol.. You no even ask of yourmain sad
Longtime no 'nairaland' boy, i hope you safe? grin
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Rilwayne001: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Longtime no 'nairaland' boy, i hope you safe? grin

as always tongue
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Demmzy15(m): 8:08am On Apr 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

This is ozaoepke new moniker? shocked
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Rilwayne001: 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
Demmzy15:
This is ozaoepke new moniker? shocked

yeah broo... the notorious scoffer grin
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Demmzy15(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

yeah broo... the notorious scoffer grin
The guy sharp gan, you dey always catch am grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Rilwayne001: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Demmzy15:
The guy sharp gan, you dey always catch am grin grin

the clown is not hard to recognize. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Diamondville(f): 6:52pm On May 09, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:

Ooni of ife and emir of sokoto are still the highest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / Lists Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria, Which One Is Yours? / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.