Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (37542 Views)

Coronavirus: Oba Abdul-Ganiy Adekunle Oloogunebi Appeases Deities To Ward It Off / “I Never Said I Am Changing From Oba To Emir” – Oluwo Of Iwoland / I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi, has denied adopting the title of an emir, contrary to media reports.

Speaking through his media aide, Mr. Ali Ibrahim, in a statement issued on Sunday, the Oluwo explained that he had never dropped the title of an Oba for an emir.

The monarch has been dressing like an emir and wearing turban occasionally and he again wore the turban on Saturday when he installed Yakub Abdul-Baqi Mohhamed the Waziri of Yorubaland in his palace in Iwo.

He installed the Waziri, allegedly despite the warning given to him by the League of Imams and Alfas in South West, Edo and Delta states, that he had no such powers to confer an Islamic title, which cuts across the entire South West, on anybody.

The statement read, “Oluwo has never adopted the Emir title; he only said he could also be called an Emir by the Hausas and ardent Muslims.

“Oba Akanbi is an Oba for the nation, with special attachment to the Yorubas. He promotes Yoruba culture to the admiration of many youths.

“Just because of Oluwo dress code today, many children are attracted to Yoruba culture of wearing aso ofi.

“I said so (reference to being an emir) to integrate Nigeria nation as an indivisible entity. All working tools are available for the integration and unity of our dear country.

“I’ve visited the North several times. Core Hausa hardly pronounce Yoruba words correctly. They call me emir when I am with them. Is there anything wrong in answering to such?

“Even, the Hausa in Iwo here call me emir. Will I stop them from addressing me as such?

“No, I am a father to the nation, being a first-class paramount ruler.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/i-havent-adopted-the-title-of-an-emir-oluwo-of-iwo-says/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by OBAGADAFFI: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
They have threatened to detrone him, he is now changing tone.

Who made him first class ruler

327 Likes 24 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Adekdammy: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
if not that first class king don turn pure water, this guy suppose still be baale, he doesn't act like a yoruba king.

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by limeta(f): 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
Things that happens in this world
its a wonder God allows it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by blazhykowskyi(m): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lalasticlala, mynd44 push this to the front page to shut the mouth of mischief makers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
This man doesn't know how to lie.How can you be dressing like an emir and say that hausa's call you so.Your kingship ends at Iwo you are not a father to any nation or any first class traditional ruler.And yes you can tell the hausa's to stop addressing you as such because when you are in rome you behave like a roman so they should respect the title given to the ruler of iwoland.

193 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by emmysoftyou: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
Chai, him brain Don reset back to afonja due to threat of detrone.

Anyway, you have made your point. We all know that the Southwest obas re not in good terms but I also pray you stop being slavery to your master up north.
That's not good.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by funstufz: 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
Wetin we no go see and gear ke?

That hausa and 'some ardent' muslims and those that can not pronounce OBA as simple as it is can call you oba, result of your several 'romantic' the hausas visit to the north....

So, if Yoruba cannot pronounce Emir well, they can as well change his title to 'OBA of Kano' ...

imagine the reception that would create... these people will never allow that, why, they value what they have irrespective of where you are coming from or your new idea...

I still dobt the 'genuity' of this so called 'Oba'...or is it 'emir and his wasiri'....

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by funstufz: 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
Wetin we no go see and hear ke?

That hausa and 'some ardent' muslims and those that can not pronounce OBA as simple as it is can call you oba, result of your several 'romantic' the hausas visit to the north....

So, if Yoruba cannot pronounce Emir well, they can as well change his title to 'OBA of Kano' ...

imagine the reception that would create... these people will never allow that, why, they value what they have irrespective of where you are coming from or your new idea...

I still dobt the 'genuity' of this so called 'Oba'...or is it 'emir and his wasiri'....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by emmysoftyou: 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
blazhykowskyi:
Lalasticlala, mynd44 push this to the front page to shut the mouth of mischief makers.
taa, this is medicine after death.
We have recorded it.
We have his picture dressed like an emir.
We all know the obas in the west don't behave well.
He has opened all the secrets happening in the Southwest.
So stop wasting your time.
This won't change anything. You guys re confused and disunited.
QED

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
emmysoftyou:
We have recorded it.
He has lick all the secrets happening in the Southwest.
QED

I will pardon your ignorance.

You wish you made sense.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Paperwhite(m): 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
Afonja-Alimi kind of Stockholm's syndrome. embarassed embarassed embarassed Oh Sophisticated SW people!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Paperwhite(m): 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
"Emancipation from mental slavery
None but us can free our minds,............................."
Respect Nestor Bob-Malley.

10 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by NdiaraIGBO: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheBlessedMAN: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Well considering from the angle of both sides, I seriously think angle 180 is much lesser than 90degree or Phd. Or tell me, why would Buhari allow Osinbajo to sell his left kidney just to raise money to campaign for election. Even Donald trump himself, I don't know what he's doing in Onitsha last week with that Ashawo woman called Bobrisky...well I just want to tell you that my phone just got spoil today and the screen is damaged. Please is this 2go or whatsapp? Tell me please...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by DoTheNeedful: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
This Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi of a guy has lost whatever admiration I had for him and I would be disappointed if he is not deposed. The only value of traditional rulers in Nigeria is that they are custodians of the culture. The man has failed in this area. He has failed his stool.
His head needs to be examined to truly know if he is mentally stable.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ballerin(m): 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bastard! Son of a bitch
The sultan has called you to douse the tension abi. You, the Sultan & the Emirs are all Mad.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Sterope(f): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
They should remove him. He ia always trying too hard.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by salford1: 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
An Oluwo from 1890's dressed as a Muslim.

That town is indeed somehow undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ZarahBuhari: 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2018
Stupidity is when you tag an Afonjas as IPOB.

BTW, I've always reiterated that typically, Yorubas are sellout. Offer any Yoruba person a plate of watery ewedu soup and the dark carbon like stuff called amala and they will sellout their whole generation born and unborned if you think I'm lying.

Argue with your keyboard cool

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Sweetcollins: 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2018
But you have adopted their attire...
Every tribe with their own pitfalls

4 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by LastSurvivor11: 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
Yahoo yahoo Emir abi wire wire Oba emir grin

This one go worse pass oba akinolu of LAGOON Kingdom..

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by sotall(m): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ok
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by osuofia2(m): 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
Afonja bastards

8 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
.The monarch has been dressing like an emir and wearing turban occasionally and he again wore the turban on Saturday when he installed Yakub Abdul-Baqi Mohhamed the Waziri of Yorubaland in his palace in Iwo.

Now this is the same scenerio that played out in the past that brought about the infiltration of the north into Yoruba land...
History is slowly repeating itself here..

Never bring in fire in a house
Made of straws
I don talk my own o. Let me come and be going.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by LastSurvivor11: 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!

Dear Nairalanders, Kindly extend your hands let's pray for this idiot. Let's save a soul, tomorrow might be too late..

93 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Fr33born(m): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
Wetin concern me..
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by sekundosekundo: 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
cheesy coward

5 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by tim1256(m): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
This dude is a disgrace to Yoruba nation

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by DoTheNeedful: 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
emmysoftyou:
We have recorded it.
He has lick all the secrets happening in the Southwest.
QED
Paperwhite:
Afonja-Alimi kind of Stockholm's syndrome. embarassed embarassed embarassed Oh Sophisticated SW people!

osuofia2:
Afonja bastards

See them. If one bad mouthed Yoruba guy hit you below the belt now, you will start shouting "Yoruba hate us", "Give us Biafra" up and down. Yet you all are worse.
The only issue I have with you guys is that you always play the victim since 1967. You have never been wrong; it's always others.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by resurgentxtian4: 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
The man should be dethroned already. He’s a tool in the hands of those who want to islamise Nigeria and yorubaland in particular.

We Christians should never allow them actualise their plans for Nigeria. Useless yahoo yahoo king!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by FUCKU: 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
B954ERPSPZRTRW-1384821. Another one!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) / What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.