Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Tips On Packing For A Trip - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tips On Packing For A Trip (506 Views)

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On Packing For A Trip by AccidentalGenius: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities. Forget about your worries and your strife. I mean the bare necessities,
that’s why a bear can rest at ease… with just the bare necessities of life.

Packing can be petrifying. What do I pack? How do I fit everything in? How do I avoid paying for extra baggage? How do I make my hand luggage “handy”? There are definitely more questions but coping with this is a huge task. I dare to say packing is for the “brave”. Personally I would give anything to avoid packing my luggage myself. Not to worry, here are five tips to help you out of this dilemma.

START EARLY:

When it is certain you would be embarking on trip, it is advised you make a quick list of the essentials. If you forget anything at first, you always have ample time to add, subtract, multiply or even divide. You should also keep the list for other times too, especially when travelling is sudden.

WEATHER:

Know your destination and pack only stuffs that make you comfortable at your location. You don’t want to have items in your luggage that you don’t need.

ON-FLIGHT REQUIREMENTS:

Keep medicine, money, valuables and travel documents within reach. All these should go in your hand luggage for easy access when they are required.

BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE:

It is good to have an idea of both hand and checked baggage allowance. This offers a prior idea of what is needs to be packed, so that the baggage allowance is not exceeded. If you have under-packed, it means you have room for extras but if over-packed, you would need to cut down on some excesses or prepare to pay for extra baggage.

PLACEMENT:

Ensure that you place heavy items at the bottom of your bag when it’s upright. Getting around is easy when you can move your baggage around.

TRAVEL STYLE:

Your travel clothes shouldn’t weigh as much as your luggage. You should dress comfortable. Travelling in style is as serious as travelling itself but remember comfort should come before style.

And don’t spend your time looking around for something you want that can’t be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I’ll tell you something true: The bare necessities of life will come to you.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Cheapest Place You've Lived? / sk / Tinapa Resort: Where Business Meets Leisure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.