Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

African Folktale: The Snake, The Farmer, And The Heron - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Folktale: The Snake, The Farmer, And The Heron (1028 Views)

Igbo Folktale: Mbe Na Chukwu Mara Aka! / African Folktale: The Snake, The Farmer, And The Heron / See The Snake That Was Killed In UNIBEN Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Folktale: The Snake, The Farmer, And The Heron by shyhighner1: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2016
This is an African folktale of the Hausa, a diverse but culturally homogeneous people predominantly concentrated in the Northern Nigeria and South-Eastern Nigeria. Significant numbers of Hausa can also be found in parts of Chad, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Sudan, Togo, Gabon, and Ghana.

A snake chased by hunters asked a farmer to save its life. To hide it from its pursuers, "Farmer, please hide me," said the snake. "Where shall I hide you?" The farmer replied. "All I ask is that you save

my life," the snake continued. Out of sympathy, the farmer squatted and let the snake crawl into his belly.

But when the danger had passed and the farmer asked the snake to come out, "No, No!" The snake said, "I feel safe and warm in here." Feeling weak and helpless, the farmer struggled homeward. On his way home, the farmer saw a Heron and went up to him to whisper what had happened. The Heron told him .....Read more:
http://shinasdeen..com.ng/2016/04/african-folktale-snake-farmer-and-heron.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Igbos Such Cry Babies? / Wasiu Ayinde Is Mayegun Of Oyo Not Yorùbá Land : Prince Adedoyin Ologbenla / Ori Tuulu (migraine)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.