Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal (57848 Views)

How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China / Naira Crashes Further To N436/dollar / Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by bigtt76(f): 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
Keeping the Naira at 199 to the dollar is not defending it as you do not have it readily available to buy. This in turn made the parallel market to thrive at 320 naira to the dollar because demand is high but supply low.

Under Jonathan, it was being defended and supply readily available. This led to high demand and high supply at the detriment of saving for the future.

Good night

Reference:

And keeping the Naira at 199 to the dollar as against the reality of 320 is called what. Abeg go to bed and continue evading reality. One year has passed Obama is still blaming Bush.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by zheroes(m): 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
PMB continue to do what will be in the interest of all. you sign they will wail, you don't sign they will wail.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by ajebuter(f): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
whatalife:
This Govt is really confused, I sold one of my best property to send my younger brother overseas for MSc last year before Jonathan administration left office,thank God I got government rate for his tuition fees , I was only able to pay for 10 months accommodation stay for him at 600 euro per month, now I have 8 more months to pay at a terrible rate of 368 to a euro as against 205 under president Jonathan.
Jonathan God will continue to bless you in Jesus name

My brother own better then.

My old man sent him abroad to study and whenever i sent him a thousand dollars from my own private account, for his running expenses monthly apart from his tuition fees, i would yell and curse our past administration because then it was 168 naira.

I started getting madder when it became 200naira before GEJ left and we thought we were having a rough deal.

Imagine now? At N32?? E no go better for somebody i swear!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by piagetskinner(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
After raising our hopes...this is total crap. That's what u get when a cattle rearer is ur President.

Lesson:
Never allow ur cows do the thinking for you

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Deepfreezer(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
This should be goodnews to most of us that earn in $$ but hell no, Nigerian citizens are suffering more than anyother citizen of the world.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by petsolo15(m): 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
Finally, fuel will be sold at 60 Naira per litter from Friday!! I new it! President Buhari made it clear 2 hours ago on a private interview in Aso Rock, that fuel will be sold at 60 Naira per litter starting from Friday 22nd April, 2016. President Buhari also said that, the issue of Naira falling in value will be resolved in less than a week, he made it clear that by the time the naira issue is resolved, 60 Naira will = 1 Dollar and that will be in 3 weeks from now, it will become one Naira - one Dollar. President Buhari also said that he promised to change Nigeria at the right time and that right time is now. He also wanted to talk about corruption, but my Tv exploded immediately after he mentioned the Word, "Corruption" and that was when I woke up and discovered that it was all a Dream. I sincerely apologize for playing with your emotions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Deepfreezer(m): 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
zheroes:
PMB continue to do what will be in the interest of all. you sign they will wail, you don't sign they will wail.
thunder gbawa gi akpa amu.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by marshalcarter: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Deepfreezer:
thunder gbawa gi akpa amu.
LOOOOL....bros why naa?? grin

Why the bag of prrrrrriick grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by MrCEO69(m): 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
adeyemi97:
It's so sad, it's always bad news about my country . Smh, iam so scared of withdrawing my money because this exchange rate stuff is killing , I'm sure you understand me better if you are also outside the Country , the only thing Nigerians are saying here now is " I regret being a Nigerian" Our parents are complaining from home about the exchange rate , Buhari stopped the use of Western union to any country outside Nigeria , this same buhari reduced the daily withdrawal limit to just 30k, it takes me over a month at times to withdrawal the whole of my school fee , we can't even pay our school fee anymore through direct deposit from Nigeria , imagine your tuition fee is like 400k , you can only withdrawal 30k everyday and the bank charge is like 6k per withdrawal , that's different from this exchange rate again o , definitely if your school fee is 400k , your parents most send you like 700k just because of bank charges and exchange rate and it's going to take you over a month to withdraw your school fee.

the form A is still working, for payment of sch fees abroad, i study in Ghana and that's what most of the student from Nigeria are using to pay their fees. But u v to provide some details, such as sch fees invoice, international passport, sometimes they ask for ur weac result too. And they can be creepy in asking for the original copy, when they know its cnt be possible. Well it depends on the bank. Try ecobank or diamond. Hope this helps.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by sanusidabo: 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
BREAKING NEWS the reality of the forex market is quite impressive due to the government efforts to prevent speculators from further deliberate destroying the economy. At the moment USD$1 is #223 at black greedy market BDC sourced Financial institutions.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Deepfreezer(m): 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
marshalcarter:

LOOOOL....bros why naa?? grin

Why the bag of prrrrrriick grin
Lolz the guy is foolish. I said it earlier this morning. anybody that still supports and defend Buhari at this point is a very big FOOOL.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by SirShymexx: 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Lool.

The sickly globetrotter didn't sign any deal, he just went there as an appendage to watch/help Dangote secure a loan and he returned empty handed. Not shocking since that's how Fulanis wander about aimlessly as part of the culture lol.

Regardless, I honestly don't even know how the currency swap would boost the naira, since petrodollar still run the show.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
Maybe, just maybe this government is really confused as they say.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by OlivetBen(m): 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
bigtt76:
Agreed we should stop all this blaming games and move forward. Also the three months the the APC we all know was just part of the political gimmicks and we should never hold them to that.

With patience, the economy would be diversified but not without current pain. In order not to be held responsible, the government still points fingers at GEJ for causing it. We all know PDP=APC and APC= PDP no difference at all.

I think things should be well organized after planned before making it known to d public to avoid all this double tongue palava

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by BodyKiss(m): 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
Reference:

Misleading what! The markets are talking with their feet and you are yarning semantics. Who cares about government or politics. The naira is retreating, period. Those who have fx are not sentimental and will not stroke your political ego. They punish uncertainty. Fx policy - neither here nor there. Budget - neither here nor there. Fiscal policy - in disarray. Nothing is working. No direction, no momentum, no plans. What the hell....Bleep! Bleep!! Fucking kindergarten kids playing around!! So, so frustrating these people.

Did you actually read the op? Your comment has nothing to do with the title nor the context of this thread.

The op and the title are saying two different things, that what I meant by misleading.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Themandator: 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
richidinho:
Deny swap deal again?, Fayose said it
They can insult Fayose all they want but I have realized the man is more intelligent than even the best eleven of this federal government even as they frequently use Derogatory terms on him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Lilimax(f): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
nwakibie3:
Trial and error government
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by EmekaBlue(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
Always changing mouth.....I dnt like this admin..there is no sign of good governace..Very soon d looting buhari is doin sharing with his pals wil b exposed...I blive this man is carrying d scarce dollars hiding it in his private jet and depositing it around d world while he careless of d sufferings of d pple he is heading..

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by nwakibie3(m): 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
zheroes:
Na them... suffering and smiling entity
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Ugo50: 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2016

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
Omo cold is just catching me. This people are just deceiving us anyhow.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by thespokenword: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC and propaganda self na 5 and 6...

Chai

2019 ooooooooooh

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by thespokenword: 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
CaptainECole:
its obvious Buhari only went to China to learn kung-fu angry

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 22, 2016
drnairalov:
choi!!! Wish we gained our indepenence in 1992 or something... we cant rule ourselves

What Buhari and APC promised us vs What we got.. sad embarassed

Hahahahahahah grin grin grin
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by GreenT: 12:18am On Apr 22, 2016
APC is using power of media to over hyke any effort they made.. Most of their effort are not based on plan but on trial and error. I support APC because i thought they have intellectuals that will build institutions in the system. What they are practicing is just like previous government, if PMB leave and we are not careful as a nation we might crash beyond imagination. For any good thing being expected from this government is not based on structural adjustment in the system but based on the fair of the leader which is PMB. Nigerians lets inform PMB government to build a resilience system/institutions for the nation, we need institutions that is sustainable

WHO IS DECEIVING WHO..!
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by danidee10(m): 12:18am On Apr 22, 2016
adeyemi97:
It's so sad, it's always bad news about my country . Smh, iam so scared of withdrawing my money because this exchange rate stuff is killing , I'm sure you understand me better if you are also outside the Country , the only thing Nigerians are saying here now is " I regret being a Nigerian" Our parents are complaining from home about the exchange rate , Buhari stopped the use of Western union to any country outside Nigeria , this same buhari reduced the daily withdrawal limit to just 30k, it takes me over a month at times to withdrawal the whole of my school fee , we can't even pay our school fee anymore through direct deposit from Nigeria , imagine your tuition fee is like 400k , you can only withdrawal 30k everyday and the bank charge is like 6k per withdrawal , that's different from this exchange rate again o , definitely if your school fee is 400k , your parents most send you like 700k just because of bank charges and exchange rate and it's going to take you over a month to withdraw your school fee.

Mehnn....didn't know it was that bad.....sorry sad
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by willibounce1(m): 12:22am On Apr 22, 2016
By 2019, no hausa/fulani man should ever be allowed to rule this country. ****This old, desperate man has no idea what being a president is. Nigerians need to wake up. No light, no water no fuel. No wonder Fela called him crase man years back in his song.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 22, 2016
mad people everywhere
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by LONGFUELCUE: 12:52am On Apr 22, 2016
adeyemi97:

Serves you right! When you guys were making noise over the media about GMB during electioneering campaign, we warned severally, and none of you adhered. Now you are complaining.
You are lucky they send you money from Nigeria, e for over you there ewu mpama. You for end up as a prostitute or scavenger in search of your school fees. Lazy fellow in the diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by repogirl(f): 12:57am On Apr 22, 2016
And one Aresa was spewing baseless, factless trash all over the place! Booooohari and his bunch of bumbling APShit baboons are just utterly useless.

Some of us actually even wanted to believe that maybe there was some hope after all. Chai. They have done it again, should we really be surprised?

Under pressure, APC just forms lies and propaganda bullshit forgetting that every thing will come apart really soon and they would be worse off than they were before!

It will shock them how China will carry their business to a more promising economy than this our direction less one after they have dashed them billions in loans and empty promises.

Boooohari and his band of nonentities!

Tufiakwa! Shiorrr! Sies! Useless people.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Manchelsea(m): 2:00am On Apr 22, 2016
U done minute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebele Iyiegbu Launches Handbag Collection In Abuja Amidst Fanfare (Pictures) / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.