Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal (57847 Views)

How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China / Naira Crashes Further To N436/dollar / Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by mindtricks: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2016
Excuzeme:

The Govt cannot tell EVERYBODY the Truth because everybody cannot MANAGE the truth.

Currency management is as dangerous as Water management, it can cause WAR between countries.
Trust me, the Americans have put a call t our Ambassador and foreign Minister to WARN them not to even think about replacing the Dollar.
You think America will fold it hands and watch other countries replace the Dollar as a global currency of trade?

How do you think America will survive, when all it does to "create wealth" is to phone their Printer to print more "Dollar Papers" ...which it sells to other countries

Think about it for a minute. Read that "denial" again and you will see all the elements of "fear and pressure" in it.

There is a 'deft' way of achieving our aim, all the same.

Six Ways to kill a Cat. undecided undecided

True talk, but this govt has been in habit of keeping the people in dark over most issues.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Tex42(m): 9:30am On Apr 22, 2016
Oh! I give up! I give up on bubu and APC.
Confusion every where.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by steppin: 9:41am On Apr 22, 2016
BodyKiss:

I tell you. There are all eager to criticise the government, whether good or bad, just give them a misleading headline, and that's it.
Please, what's misleading about the headline? They said it was a currency swap earlier on, but they just denied it now.
Why can't they say the truth for once?

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2016
Obrose:
The truth is that United States has threatened Buhari with prosecution for his crimes if he dares. That's d reason for their reversed statement. That's politics for u
Bros no vex but this sounds very fallacious...
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Themandator: 9:58am On Apr 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Thanks for this very apt and no insults. This is how NLders should behave. Lovely day and weekend ahead kiss

You are welcome.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by free13: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2016
A government of dullards.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by captainjerry: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
DIs part of changee dole
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by ApexTitan(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
Excuzeme:

The Govt cannot tell EVERYBODY the Truth because everybody cannot MANAGE the truth.

Currency management is as dangerous as Water management, it can cause WAR between countries.
Trust me, the Americans have put a call t our Ambassador and foreign Minister to WARN them not to even think about replacing the Dollar.
You think America will fold it hands and watch other countries replace the Dollar as a global currency of trade?

How do you think America will survive, when all it does to "create wealth" is to phone their Printer to print more "Dollar Papers" ...which it sells to other countries

Think about it for a minute. Read that "denial" again and you will see all the elements of "fear and pressure" in it.

Straight up nonsense.

You people and your incessant desire to conjure up ridiculous conspiracies never fail to baffle me.

Now it is the Americans who have engineered this no currency swap deal right? All the elements of fear and pressure indeed.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by dboss444: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
I have been reading and re-reading this news since morning, I swear I'm confused is it currency swap or no currency swap. I just got a call from my pple in lag that No light for one week (it has never happ since we moved in 1997) and no fuel. My PPA(nysc) is paying 4k a month and I cnt even survive a month with it. I fear for Nigeria.
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by jpphilips(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
Empero1:

You're absolutely correct. Where's someone like that never-do-well of a boy with the handle "jpphilips." Many a time you see some of them trying so hard to arrogate monopoly of wisdom to themselves and in the process disparage others who're by miles better off than them in all ramifications. The worst of it all is that even when it's crystal clear that they lack concrete knowledge about economic and global affairs you will still see them constituting nuisances everywhere with their useless theories... Vagabonds.

The deal has not been totally consummated by all parties involved, but the prospects are bright for Nigeria as remnibi hub in West Africa.

which part of the above is difficult to understand? sorry I forgot you are the !diot!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
holluwai:
Make them sell this country make we share the money make we all find our way individually.

The country was sold a long time ago along with the people in it.
How do u expect to get a share from a sold property when u are also a part of the sold property?
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by holluwai(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
Very sad cry
byrron:

The country was sold a long time ago along with the people in it.
How do u expect to get a share from a sold property when u are also a part of the sold property?
Re: Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal by Ugosample(m): 1:21am On Apr 23, 2016
Excuzeme:

Well, the USA cannot force countries to use their currency that's for sure, because Russia and China has a similar deal to bypass the dollar for trade between the two countries.
When the EU, Russia and the Asian tigers say enough is enough, there is nothing the USA can do, abi dem wan fight all of them?
the best they would do is lobby.
And then again, China, Saudi and Japan and a few other countries hold US debt instruments to the time of trillions of dollars.
Dumping them would ruin the United States.
The point of this story is.... The United States is not as strong or invincible as we think.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebele Iyiegbu Launches Handbag Collection In Abuja Amidst Fanfare (Pictures) / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.