Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid (5428 Views)

10 Blog Design Mistakes Bloggers Often Make - Naijatechguy / 10 Blogging Mistakes You Should Avoid / 6 Blogging Mistakes All Business Owners Should Avoid At All Costs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Aphatech: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
Webdesign Mistakes To Be Avoided

Website designing requires lot of creativity and following a set of predefined guidelines. The designer has to undergo a number of phases carefully as a single mistake can prove to be extremely costly at times.

Working under the pressure to address the expectations of their clients and designing the website for extremely impatient visitors can often be difficult for the designer to handle. Under these circumstances they are tend to make mistakes and often silly ones. You might have seen some errors that go live on the websites.

There is a list of mistakes that web designers often commit leading to some unexpected and dramatic results. What are those web design mistakes that every designer should avoid to deliver a neat and clean and user-friendly website?

Have a look:

Insufficient Collaboration with Client

Having an adequate and complete understanding of the client’s objective for developing website is of utmost importance. In the preliminary stage it is discussed with the client to understand his/her concept and what is expected from the website. Being a collaborative process it may loop in marketing team, content writer and developer. It’s time for the developer to discuss every point with every person involved to create robust and professional website. Committing the mistake of having insufficient discussion may result in disastrous outcome.

Unaware of Target Audience

Identifying target audience before creating the website is vital or else designing the right website as per expectations is next to impossible. Often designer avoid going so deep to understand this aspect. Conducting rigorous research work to define target audience is quite hectic and tiresome; hence it is often avoided by designers. But it is imperative, as when you know who the audience is you can strategize your work perfectly.

[b]Winding Up Task in Hurry[b]

Completing the task quickly cannot yield desired results. When the designer is under pressure to complete the task in limited or no time, chances are the result will be error-riddled. Offer sufficient time to the designer to understand, plan and implement things required. Give sufficient time to your designer after duly considering the amount of time it may take to complete the project.
Losing Focus on Latest Trends
Engrossed with own work is good but not at the cost of not updating yourself with the latest developments in the field. It may often cost you dearly. Maintaining the creativeness, the designer also needs to update themselves with the latest technology developments in the market. The thumb rule is keeping abreast with the latest market trends and start thinking in harmony with it. The designer needs to stimulate the ideas in sync with the paradigm shifts. It is a great way to craft some user-friendly and trendy websites.

Slow Page Loading Speed
In this fast-paced life users cannot wait few minutes to browse any website. It must load within seconds. Irrespective of the brilliant and highly functional design and useful information you are offering to your visitors, if the website takes time to load it cannot be successful. Designers must work in this direction to make it load within seconds.

Developing Websites for Search Engines
Although it is a fact that search engines crawl websites and improve its search ranking but it is humans who read it. Designing website keeping in view the search engines is fine but it should not be limited to search engines only. Make it 100% SEO friendly but without forgetting the users.

**** via http://nct.com.ng/Thread-Web-design-Mistakes-You-Should-Avoid?pid=1630#pid1630

#TeamNCT cares

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Wizdray: 6:30am On Apr 22, 2016
I just woke up this morning and the first thing I
did was to thank God for giving me the grace to
see this day. Am + one today and I want you
guys to show me some love.
HapiBirthDayToMe!!
JahBless

52 Likes

Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by DBossNG(m): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2016
Okay
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Amsonme(m): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2016
Happy birthday wizdray

1 Like

Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by soleexx(m): 6:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Well Said
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by paragon40(m): 6:38am On Apr 22, 2016
Wizdray:
HapiBirthDayToMe!!
JahBless
happy birthday!, Long life and more money to your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Onyiibazz: 7:01am On Apr 22, 2016
I have nothing to say.
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by megablinks(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2016
Really interesting. Please how can I start making money with adwords. Help please
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by alabi10: 7:19am On Apr 22, 2016
Well said, learn web design from the pros let get talking. 08034265103
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by labamo07(m): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Educative topics should be encouraged to make front page not all those yeye topics like Ferrari spotted in Ikoyi, Olajumoke goes back to school, 10 ways to know she is playing with you............

3 Likes

Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by idolda: 7:30am On Apr 22, 2016
OK, thanks
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by ipreach: 7:52am On Apr 22, 2016
Wizdray:
HapiBirthDayToMe!!
JahBless
Happy Birthday
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by just2endowed: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2016
alabi10:
Well said, learn web design from the pros let get talking. 08034265103

HI, are u on whatsapp
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by wizkidblogger(f): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Building a non responsive site...
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by jboy01(m): 8:07am On Apr 22, 2016
Nice writeup
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2016
Please, how do i embed a php "contact form" script i developed with context editor into an already built site on Notepad ++? Thanks
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by 4ward(m): 8:22am On Apr 22, 2016
issorait
Aphatech:
Webdesign Mistakes To Be Avoided

Website designing requires lot of creativity and following a set of predefined guidelines. The designer has to undergo a number of phases carefully as a single mistake can prove to be extremely costly at times.

Working under the pressure to address the expectations of their clients and designing the website for extremely impatient visitors can often be difficult for the designer to handle. Under these circumstances they are tend to make mistakes and often silly ones. You might have seen some errors that go live on the websites.

There is a list of mistakes that web designers often commit leading to some unexpected and dramatic results. What are those web design mistakes that every designer should avoid to deliver a neat and clean and user-friendly website?

Have a look:

Insufficient Collaboration with Client

Having an adequate and complete understanding of the client’s objective for developing website is of utmost importance. In the preliminary stage it is discussed with the client to understand his/her concept and what is expected from the website. Being a collaborative process it may loop in marketing team, content writer and developer. It’s time for the developer to discuss every point with every person involved to create robust and professional website. Committing the mistake of having insufficient discussion may result in disastrous outcome.

Unaware of Target Audience

Identifying target audience before creating the website is vital or else designing the right website as per expectations is next to impossible. Often designer avoid going so deep to understand this aspect. Conducting rigorous research work to define target audience is quite hectic and tiresome; hence it is often avoided by designers. But it is imperative, as when you know who the audience is you can strategize your work perfectly.

[b]Winding Up Task in Hurry[b]

Completing the task quickly cannot yield desired results. When the designer is under pressure to complete the task in limited or no time, chances are the result will be error-riddled. Offer sufficient time to the designer to understand, plan and implement things required. Give sufficient time to your designer after duly considering the amount of time it may take to complete the project.
Losing Focus on Latest Trends
Engrossed with own work is good but not at the cost of not updating yourself with the latest developments in the field. It may often cost you dearly. Maintaining the creativeness, the designer also needs to update themselves with the latest technology developments in the market. The thumb rule is keeping abreast with the latest market trends and start thinking in harmony with it. The designer needs to stimulate the ideas in sync with the paradigm shifts. It is a great way to craft some user-friendly and trendy websites.

Slow Page Loading Speed
In this fast-paced life users cannot wait few minutes to browse any website. It must load within seconds. Irrespective of the brilliant and highly functional design and useful information you are offering to your visitors, if the website takes time to load it cannot be successful. Designers must work in this direction to make it load within seconds.

Developing Websites for Search Engines
Although it is a fact that search engines crawl websites and improve its search ranking but it is humans who read it. Designing website keeping in view the search engines is fine but it should not be limited to search engines only. Make it 100% SEO friendly but without forgetting the users.

**** via http://nct.com.ng/Thread-Web-design-Mistakes-You-Should-Avoid?pid=1630#pid1630

#TeamNCT cares
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by tolu4you: 8:33am On Apr 22, 2016
Nice
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by hostkobo(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2016
OrangeDream:
Please, how do i embed a php "contact form" script i developed with context editor into an already built site on Notepad ++? Thanks

for example:
- if this is my footer.php

<?php
echo "This is my footer";
?>

add it to your html:

<html>
<body>

<h1>Welcome to my home page!</h1>
<p>Some text.</p>
<p>Some more text.</p>
<?php include 'footer.php';?>

</body>
</html>

hope I helped.

regards
HK
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Sidewapcom(m): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2016
megablinks:
Really interesting. Please how can I start making money with adwords. Help please
Uncle, you can't make money from adwards but from adsense.
Adward: This is a process in which you publisize your platform paying an already made portal to make use of their ad space for people to see your business
Adsense: This is a process by which you Monetize your content

So uncle, to monetize your content, you can make use of some few I can recommend like:

i. Google Adsense
ii. Monetize More
iii. Tribal Fusion
iv. You can do a few Google search on the others.

I drop my phone here

1 Like

Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by haconjy(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2016
hummmm
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by prinsam30: 9:48am On Apr 22, 2016
that's one of my fields that's currently making me smile to the bank on a daily basis
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by alabi10: 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Yes and the number is 08034265103 or you can shoot me a mail at info@alabiansolutions.com

just2endowed:

HI, are u on whatsapp
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
hostkobo:

for example:

<?php
?>

add it to your html:

<html>
<body>

<p>Some text.</p>
<p>Some more text.</p>

</body>
</html>

hope I helped.

regards
HK
Wow.. God bless you bro.. I will try it and get back to u please.. Thanks alot
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2016
hostkobo:

for example:

<?php
?>

add it to your html:

<html>
<body>

<p>Some text.</p>
<p>Some more text.</p>

</body>
</html>

hope I helped.

regards
HK
Thanks so much.. but i' m still lost please. This is what i did

<? php
echo "myformfile.php";
?>
<! DOCTYPE html>
<html lang=" en">
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="homepage.css">
<title>imperial view</title>
<meta charset="uft-8">
<?php "myformfile.php";?>
</head>
<body>
</html>

I was thinking i could link up the html page with the " contact form" page in context editor..
Please sir, what i'm i missing? Thanks alot
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by SKAMOD(m): 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nice One o really enjoyed this
Wap2all Blog
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Aphatech: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
I hope it is useful...
#TeamNCT cares
Re: Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Aphatech: 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
@lalasticlala Inform someone about this

(1) (Reply)

Google Buys Meebo For $100M / How To Find And Remove Hidden Members From Your Facebook Group And Page / 7 Funny Things About BLOGGING.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.