Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures (3397 Views)

If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? / What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by FMK(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2009
Guys,

why in books and pictures Jesus and angels are white handsome and beautiful face and Santan is ugly black with horn and long fingers a toes i have never see a black angel how is it that ?
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by chiejik(f): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2009
you can answer it now
devil is wicked and it is assume that anything bad is black
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by FMK(m): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2009
chiejik:

you can answer it now
devil is wicked and it is assume that anything bad is black

that is to say black men are Satan Children and white men are God children ? okay i will tear my bible now i know that i am Santan son embarassed
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by Horus(m): 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
FMK:

Guys,

why in books and pictures Jesus and angels are white handsome and beautiful face and Santan is ugly black with horn and long fingers a toes i have never see a black angel how is it that ?

Christianity is here to keep white supremacy.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2009
Horus:

Christianity is here to keep white supremacy.

Horus, is that so? Check out what the Bible says:

Exodus 20:4
THou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Here's the thing - no one on earth has seen God. So if they draw images that paint God as the man with the white beard and strong chin and halo, they're wrong. If they're Christians, they probably have never come across that verse. Maybe they don't read their Bibles well enough.

So no, Horus, Christianity isn't here to keep white supremacy.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by Horus(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2009
mactao:

Horus, is that so? Check out what the Bible says:

Exodus 20:4
THou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Here's the thing - no one on earth has seen God. So if they draw images that paint God as the man with the white beard and strong chin and halo, they're wrong. If they're Christians, they probably have never come across that verse. Maybe they don't read their Bibles well enough.

So no, Horus, Christianity isn't here to keep white supremacy.

Not only Christianity is here to keep white supremacy but if you go on the homes of many Africans christians you will see on their walls graven image in the likeness of a white jesus. Check it out for yourself, christians are contradicting your bible quote.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by chiejik(f): 7:47am On Aug 07, 2009
@@@fmk that is not what i mean,what im saying is that we christain always portrays black nature as devil and is not ought to be so.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by Maykelly(f): 8:39am On Aug 07, 2009
chiejik:

@@@fmk that is not what i mean,what im saying is that we christain always portrays black nature as devil and is not ought to be so.

@poster, u can design satan as u like, paint him with any color u wish - as for me he is as black as charcoal even daker than charcoal grin and his follows are even worst than him - because he paints them darker -he's a WICKED being. grin grin grin grin
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by Horus(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2009
Good and bad are not absolute, we call one end of the scale good and the other bad, or one end good and the other evil, or god and the devil, jinn and angels, according to the use of the terms. A thing is less good than the thing higher in the scale; so you have your god is up in heaven and the devil is down in hell. Here's where the big white lie of trickery comes in, think. Hell is full of fire and fire is light so light or white is evil and the devil. Also think, and if god is up in the sky beyond the stars, then he is in darkness so black and dark is good. The trick has been played on you. It's all the reverse. The light is evil the dark is good. But that "less good" thing, in turn is "more good" than the thing next below it, and so on, the "more or less" being regulated by the position on the scale. Up is dark, down is light, hell's fire.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by chiejik(f): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by Ben13: 10:14am On Aug 07, 2009
It's mere colour representations. It's only idle minds that thinks of it.

It is generally accepted that the colour white is pure while the black is inpure.
That explains directly to the unbeleivers even without preaching to them, that beleiving in God makes our life pure and vice versa.

As I said, it's mere colour representation; nobody knows the real skin colour og our God nor that of the devil.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by FMK(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2009
Ben20001:

It's mere colour representations. It's only idle minds that thinks of it.

It is generally accepted that the colour white is pure while the black is inpure.
That explains directly to the unbeleivers even without preaching to them, that beleiving in God makes our life pure and vice versa.

As I said, it's mere colour representation; nobody knows the real skin colour og our God nor that of the devil.

if people do not know the coulor of God then stop those guys painting God in blonde and devil in black because both of them are spirit and something spirit is untouchable that is in mind also, Santan is an angel he came satan that is mean oppositer of God there is nothing
changed to him about colour
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by Horus(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
The fear of darkness has been instilled in us through many forms ,such as media ,english word play,the concept of good being white and bad being black etc, The different monotheistic schools of thought teach you to stay in the light. They tell you that darkness is ignorance. Yet the god that created the light was in darkness before he created the light.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by chiejik(f): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
horus what the hell are you still doing on this thread you are getting this boring ok check other section
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by dixieeagle: 7:00am On Jan 29, 2013
Jesus was not white he was from the East therefore his skin should have been painted darker but the early artist were dictated by the church of the time resulting in Jesus having more of a European skin tone, I am American and believe the artist rendition is wrong, as for Satan being ugly, one must remember he was the most beautiful angel in heaven, when he went against God perhaps this was a punishment to lose his beauty or a poetic illustration of his ugliness within, as for any pictures of him black they are just that black, Africans are. Not "black" like paint or children's colors but instead a lovely brown. Black is associated with evil, not brown. I personally do not think the paintings were meant to offend anyone. angels, I do not think they have a gender because the are a celestial body nothing like man, if they did have a gender I would lean towards male because the ones I have seen mentioned I guess are male, Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, I do not remember all their names.. Back to Satan, I think he is all races and gr/nders, he is everything you like or how else would he deceive, you wouldn't get close if you knew who he was, this is why it is always wise to question. thank you for allowing my input.
Re: Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures by deebrain(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2013
Jesus as it were, was born in the middle east so his looks cannot be white like the europeans. Not much was said about how handsome Jesus looked...but im sure that he looked cool. (Amen?) however Satan according to Ezekiel 28 was a bit described to be beautiful and well decorated.
Those deeply involved in satanic fellowship know that there is yet to be a man who beats satan's facial looks when it has to do with good looks. It is only what is inside him- his deeds-that show him evil. Its the europeans that brought this black or red look of satan. U can never know Satan or his evil personality from his outward appearance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? / BREAKING: Uk’s Prime Minister Defies Obama, Makes Huge Announcement About Christ / You Know Islam Is A Dying Ideolgy When Muslims Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.