Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,508 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (114076 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jupitre(m): 1:13am On May 20, 2016
Bobolayefa:
Lolz... why you no open shop dey sell am
i wonder o..maybe he no get buyer
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 7:24am On May 20, 2016
Bobolayefa:
Lolz... why you no open shop dey sell am
AND I LAUGH

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Mutaino7(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2016
ayam sticking with you like a tattoo. Welldone more power to your elbow

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 12:48pm On May 20, 2016
Daddy good afternoon... you never wake up?... we're waiting o

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 1:34pm On May 20, 2016
CONTINUED
KIERAN

Why can’t I just be left alone? Why do these people think they own me? They took my family, my life and my peace. Now, they are hurting my friends with this old man asking how his fvcking brother was killed. I should be asking why my innocent wife and daughter were killed in the most gruesome way. Claudia was right to be afraid of this man, he knows his magic well.

“Start talking, how did he die?” I kept my mouth sealed as I tried to stop the pains springing up from every part of my body. It was like my body was on fire and the fire was moving from part of my body to another. I didn’t know where I was anymore as the pains were starting to make me weak. A hard palm to my face brought me back to reality,

“Speak or I will do much worse to you.” he looked towards Vanessa who had her head bowed for reasons I do not know.

“Your brother left in a beautiful way, he was killed by his own flames.” I gave him an answer which seemed to only confuse him.

“What do you mean he was killed by his own flames?” I ignored him as the fire moved to my head. He hit me again on the face and this time I got angry. I am not his prisoner; neither have I done anything wrong, why then is he hitting me? His brother attacked me and due to his own failings, he got himself killed. How is that my fault?

“Ask your brother when you get to the underworld.” This made the old man really angry, he turned his palms which and then made a fist out of them before raising them up. A force from nowhere dragged me up, and then suspended me in the air. I was just been tossed around like a toy despite the fact I am told I carry within me an enormous amount of magic. Look at what an old man who should be on the path to the underworld with just a single fist to his head, just because he has the gift. I was a fool to have refused to believe in the existence of magic.

“Tell me now or I will cause the fire to merge with your gift which will surely make your blood boil. You will die due to the high temperature.”
I didn’t ask him to tell me how he plans to kill me; it seems he is more of a talker.

“How are you doing this? Attacks from magic shouldn’t be working on someone with powers like myself.”

“There is more than one route to a river and so it is for someone like you. You are an anomaly but it doesn’t make you immune to the elements of nature. Now, answer my question, you don’t have much time left in this world.” I am not immune to the elements of nature which means that he is not also immune which explains why he took care of Claudia first. He is not attacking with his own magic; he is just manipulating nature to fight me which explains his use of fire and air. If I can do the same too I can get us out of her but how? It seems you are a very hard man, well, I know how to break your likes. He turned his attention from me and looked towards Claudia. He snapped his finger and threw both his hands up; I heard screaming not just from her but from Vanessa too. He was doing the same thing he was doing to them to me but they were bleeding from their eyes, nose, ears, and mouth, he was killing them.

“Speak or you might have to tell them how sorry you are in the underworld.” He smiled after saying that. I have to do something really quick before he kills them. Two persons who I had deep feeling died by the hands of gruesome people such as this old man, I won’t let two innocent women die because of me, I breathed deep and spoke within me to my gift. I didn’t know what I was doing but I did something anyway as I was getting desperate. I spoke to the gift or whatever to help me control the elements just as the old was doing. It felt really funny to me but the situation I was in wasn’t. I got no reply at first but I later did in the form of lightening. Lightening fell from the skies and struck the man but he easily thwarted it aside. But it was enough to distract him and release me and my friends from his hold. He tried to re-establish what he started earlier but I would have none of it, I pushed my palms out which caused a force to emerge from it and threw the old man off his feet.

His men came after me but not before stepping on Vanessa as they ran. Their action made me mad with rage as I heard clearly, bones breaking in pieces as result of the impact. Why do the brute descend on the defenseless and the innocent? The bodies of my wife and daughter came rushing into my head and I let it stay this time. I screamed out of the rage that was making my body shake and my teeth gnash. An enormous amount of lightening came out of my hands and ran through the air, smoking the brutes till dead. I ran towards Vanessa and checked if she was still alive, she was. I thanked the spirits and turned my attention towards the old man who was still struggling to his feet. Claudia held her head and neck which meant she was fine. The man saw me coming and started whispering some words; I started screaming again and fell to my knees in pains and agony.

“You are a natural, I can’t wait any longer. I will have your gift here and now.”
I heard Claudia scream no and started running towards me but the man just raised her up just by the movement of his head and tossed her somewhere into the woods.

Every part of my body was burning; I felt my soul pulling out of me. I tried my best to resist him but I couldn’t, the man was just too strong and I was helpless before him. He looked up suddenly and then conjured another form of lightening from his left arm and hurled the dark thing towards something but the thing returned to him with the same venom it left and struck him really hard. He fell and I was released from his hold, I turned back as I struggled to my feet to find a horrible looking Vanessa who collapsed after battling to take another step. I ran towards her and carried her; I kept her on a horse and mounted another, dragging the other with me. I went in the direction of where Claudia was tossed praying to the spirits that her life should be spared. I found her on close to a tree with blood flowing freely from her hair. I came down and put her still body on my horse before mounting it again and directing the other horse too. I was struggling to move as fast as I wanted so I left the woods against my earlier resolve and went back into the path. I released the other horse as we picked up pace heading into the only place I could be safe – the forgotten lands.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by tommynico(m): 1:44pm On May 20, 2016
Thanks bro, should we be expecting one more??

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 4:31pm On May 20, 2016
i just dey follow you dey go jawe.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by VictorZeus(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2016
Chai...Solo u'r just torturing me the way that Old man was torturing kerian... I need two updates tonight to quench dis torture. .

Mr brown am glued to my phone all day just to see an update... Keep it up brother...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by missuniverse(f): 6:45pm On May 20, 2016
More more more

i need more...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Francismazi(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2016
WOW GETTING MORE INTERESTING AND THOUGH

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jupitre(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2016
Nice story uv gat...grace..more...wisdom ...more...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by vickkydgreat(m): 11:28pm On May 20, 2016
Chai... Solo jst dey kill am anyhow sha, hanhan abeg continue o

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bishops10(m): 11:29pm On May 20, 2016
missuniverse:
More more more

i need more...
Mrs Oliver twist
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by prettyJoy22(f): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
wow this is really nice, the op is a good writer. I could clearly picture all the characters and scenes in my mind. Nice one...

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:24pm On May 21, 2016
Chapter v ! ! !
The Guardians
KIERAN

“Mother will like to speak with you, hunter.” Another one of those sorceresses was here to repeat the same statement already spoken by five of them. They seem to be hard of hearing, I decided to look at this one and give her my meanest look, and maybe she can finally get the message.

“I said I am not leaving this room until she is healed, are those simple words so fvcking difficult to under………” I was unable to complete my sentence when I turned to see face of the sorceress. The words were lost in my throat, my angry stare changed to that of awe immediately I set my eyes on her. I closed my opened mouth and quickly faced the window; I was rather ashamed at my inability to hide my surprise. I acted like a little child seeing the stars for the first time but it couldn’t be helped. I have never seen such a beautiful face before, I couldn’t continue screaming at such a perfect being.

“I want to be left alone.” I managed to whisper after finding my voice again. Moments later, I heard the door lock and I thought she had left only for me to see her right behind me when I turned from facing the window. I was surprised and just chuckled, and tried to look at everything but her face. She just stood there too and had this expressionless look on her face when I managed to look at it. I just couldn’t explain what was wrong with me, I wasn’t myself. Is this some kind of magic too? I walked away from her and sat beside Vanessa who was still asleep ever since she collapsed almost a day ago.

“She can’t be healed, magic cannot work on her and I am sure you are aware why that is so.” I heard the sorceress say and I just nodded.

I arrived in the forgotten lands just before dawn as I rode all night. I didn’t stop for fear that I might be followed by yet another person after my gift. I didn’t cover my tracks and my gift was still unlocked which means anyone could find me. Vanessa still hasn’t moved and Claudia was still bleeding from her head. As the sun drew closer to opening his gift upon the earth, I grew more scared that I might lose them as I felt I wasn’t still close enough to my destination. I kept on moving and as I passed a certain bridge which mysteriously disappeared as soon as I left it, a thick fog enveloped me. I barely managed to stop the other horse in time before I lost my sight as I couldn’t see anything due to the fog. I continued riding although slowly this time, I was defenseless and was in the company of two women with no idea of where they were. The only thing I could do was pray as I felt like a rabbit running into a trap after its home have been filled with smoke. After riding blindly for a while without hitting anything, I was forced to stop when a huge gate appeared from nowhere in front of me. I was scared at first with my heart beating fast against my chest. I calmed myself down and came down from my horse. I walked back from the gate to try and see where I could pass through but I failed to do because I couldn’t see enough. I was getting tired of all this as I feared that Claudia might bleed to her death. I tried once more time but I got the same result, I decided to hit the huge metal thing and hoped for an answer.

The moment my hand touched the gate, it opened on its own accord. I refused to be shocked by that and ran back to my horse, I mounted it and hit the other horse as I rode into the city. The fog was no longer there but I could tell it was close to dawn. The path I was riding in was unusually smooth and the few houses I saw had light in them, which meant people were still asleep. I didn’t ride for long though not that I knew where I was going to anyway. I was stopped by a man on a horse who asked me to follow him. I was reluctant at first but when I looked towards Claudia who was already turning pale, I followed the strange looking man who was wearing a black turnip. Was he a sort of prince or special kind of wizard or something? He led me to another part of the city which was quite deserted and looked dead. I rode for a while before going through another bridge that didn’t disappear. The bridge lead us to a huge compound filled with fragrances and scents. The moment I stepped into the compound, women of various sizes started running from every building in the compound and I wondered why they were running. They stopped when they were some distance from me, some of them screamed and some of them covered their mouth calling on the good spirits. I wasn’t interested in why they left their beds because it was clear most of them were sleeping before something made them leave their rooms. That thing couldn’t be me, it just couldn’t.

“Where is Anna?” I asked as I came down from my horse to bring down Claudia. The women stopped screaming and everywhere became quiet after I asked the question. I expected an answer but they were acting like I just said the most despicable thing ever,

“Where is Anna, one of your own is dying.” I said, still carrying Claudia. They still refused to answer, until I heard of them say,

“We do not call her by that name; mother is what we call her.”

“Well, I don’t what you call her; just tell her I want to speak with her. In the meantime, these women need healing; they are dying as we I speak.”
Two of the women along with the strange man came forward and carried Claudia to one of the buildings. Another two came with me to help Vanessa but moved back immediately they touched her.

“What is it?” I asked, a little shocked at their action.
They didn’t answer me but instead ran back to the crowd. I ignored them and carried Vanessa heading off to another building I saw but I was stopped from going any further by one of the women. She was short and lean but that didn’t stop her from standing up to me.

“You will not take that filth one more step into this compound. She doesn’t belong here and is a servant of our enemy. Take her out of here before I destroy her.” I ignored what she said and sought to go on but she stood her ground, I moved away from her but she followed me. I was getting impatient,

“Move woman, I don’t have the time for all this.” The women covered their mouth when they heard what I just said and that only made the woman angry. I took another step and this time she stopped by creating a wall between me and her. I became angry and I charged through the wall which surprised the woman, she moved back and once again resumed her position by standing in front of me. I grew tired of her shenanigans and called to my gift once more, a storm started building and when an enormous stream of lightening struck the space between the both of us, she screamed and moved out of my way. The rest of the women screamed and ran back the way they came. I looked for a building and saw one where they weren’t much light. I got in and found a room with a bed. I set Vanessa on the bed before shutting the door. I pulled off her clothes and covered her with a thick cloth.

No one came into the room until the sun was already out. I saw three women at the doorstep when I answered their knocks; they looked quite uncomfortable when they entered the room. i watched each of them fail to heal Vanessa because their magic just couldn’t seem to pass through to her. I shut the door after they left and took hold of her hand, praying to the good spirits to heal her but it didn’t seem so as her heartbeat kept getting slower, I was losing my protector.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by missuniverse(f): 8:26pm On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:
Mrs Oliver twist
grin

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:28pm On May 21, 2016
prettyJoy22:
wow this is really nice, the op is a good writer. I could clearly picture all the characters and scenes in my mind. Nice one...
..... .... Well, thanks dear

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:31pm On May 21, 2016
VictorZeus:
Chai...Solo u'r just torturing me the way that Old man was torturing kerian... I need two updates tonight to quench dis torture. .

Mr brown am glued to my phone all day just to see an update... Keep it up brother...
..... ...... Thanks bro.... Keep reading.....,
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by osnova(m): 8:53pm On May 21, 2016
King solo....you da bomb....keep it flowing

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by jephthal: 9:16pm On May 21, 2016
walahi i dey gbadun you like roasted maize,ride on boss i dey your back like spinal cord.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by VictorZeus(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2016
"I was unable to complete my sentence when I turned to see the face of the sorceress. The words were lost in my throat, my angry stare changed to that of awe immediately I set my eyes on her. I closed my opened mouth and quickly faced the window"
Romantic

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by dimssy(m): 10:05pm On May 21, 2016
Thanks manh for the update...get a great week for yasef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by Bobolayefa(m): 11:15pm On May 21, 2016
thanks Dada for the update.... but can you pls update earlier tomorrow.. thanks

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by SPDAZZY(f): 7:34am On May 22, 2016
Thanks for the update dear.

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 6:43pm On May 22, 2016
CONTINUED
KIERAN

The beautiful sorceress refused to leave without me and continued to watch me hope for a turnaround to happen but the painful truth I refused to believe was that, Vanessa will surely die if nothing was done. Nothing could be done in her situation; the spell that made her invisible might turn out to be the one that might likely kill her. The spell doesn’t know good magic from bad magic, it goes against all magic. I still couldn’t believe it’s me praying that the servant of my enemy lives when I should have killed her long before now. Well, if I had, I would have been long dead, same with Claudia. I must do something, I can’t watch her die.

I stood up suddenly which startled the sorceress, I pulled down the thick cloth I used in covering her naked body and made sure I didn’t linger too long when I touch and moved my hands around her chest. The skin around there was flawless, I moved away from there and checked her knees and calves and they were all flawless. I covered her back and sat down wondering why her skin was smooth save for her recent injuries. She is sort of a female soldier and therefore must have done some secret missions for the king for him to have sent just her to tail me. Surely, in such missions, she must have been attacked by whosoever she was sent after, how come her body is that smooth? There were no scars, no cuts or history of injuries, if she wasn’t a fighter, one would take her for a princess or a concubine for the rich. As far as I am concerned, there is no fighter without scars, because those scars are their pride and legacy. Something isn’t right here, she must have found a way to heal herself and that ability is certainly not in her right now, somebody else did it for her. I looked towards the sorceress who had been watching me keenly all along,

“Tell me about the Gordonds.” I asked
She stared at me for a while before she answered me,

“They are ungifted females, selected by Nero himself after they have been subjected to inhumane treatments and every despicable thing one can only imagine. A spell which has never been seen up till this moment was performed on them; the spell makes them only loyal to one born with both sides of the gift. The emphasis was on those born with the gift as Nero knew of those who were able to do get both sides of the gift by taking from others. It made the well trained women only loyal to him and his son. No one knows why they were loyal to Nero, some say it’s because he was their creator. Regardless, they are only loyal to Lucien now and with them by his side and his unique abilities, he is practically invisible.”
Yeah, he is invincible with beautiful and extremely useful women like the gordonds, but if they are only loyal to him, where was it so easy for me to sleep with Vanessa. Is it because I share the same attributes as her king, we are both golden destinies.

“How do you channel your gift to heal someone?” I asked the woman.

“It can’t be done, there is no….”

“…………that’s not what I asked.” I said, cutting the woman off. She frowned as she didn’t like what I did; she looked even more beautiful after.

“All one has to do is transfer your healthy light into the other person, usually by touching the person.”

I nodded and took hold of Vanessa’s arm again, I called to my gift and did as she said but nothing happened. I repeated the same thing but nothing changed in Vanessa. The woman chuckled and shook her head after watching me fail a second time. I ignored her and rested my head on Vanessa’s right calf and closed my eyes as the scenes where we made love kept hovering in my mind. I remembered her reactions when I touched her nipples, when I kissed her neck, when I lingered around her thighs with my tongue. I chuckled as I remembered the look on her face when I inserted my tongue into her hole but the smile soon disappeared off my face when I suddenly felt some pains around my abdomen. I sprang up to my feet immediately but for some reason I held on to Vanessa’s arm. The pains continued and then they moved to my waist and then to my thighs which forced to go on my knees. I began to breathe hard and sweat profusely, the woman after keenly watching for sometime decided to pull off the cloth on Vanessa’s body instead of coming to my aid. She screamed a little and then covered her mouth, I looked at Vanessa’s body and I saw her skin returning to what it was when we made love a few nights ago.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, Vanessa was healing. I held on to her arm despite the excruciating pains and after a while, the pains stopped. The bleeding had stopped and the terrible cuts and her collapsed abdomen due to her broken ribs were restored to what they should be. I was happy even if she still hadn’t woken up, I tried to get up to get some water which I could use in cleaning her skin as the sorceress preferred to stare at her skin than do any other thing. I fell back to the ground as soon as I tried to get up, I tried again but I just crumbled to the ground this time. My new position made the woman focus and tried to help me up. The moment she touched me, I felt some tingling sensation moving from her touch to the rest of my body.

“You shouldn’t feel the pain of the one you are healing, that’s very strange. You are weak after using both sides of your gift at the same time. I don’t know how you were able to do it but you just saved a life.” she smiled at me before tossing my hair like I was a kid. I looked towards Vanessa’s naked skin and smiled but I soon fell asleep, I couldn’t tell if it was due to the sorceress’s magic or the amount of power I used in healing Vanessa but my heart was glad as I was able to save someone close to me for the first time in my miserable life.
.... Abeg, make una manage this one... Happy Sunday folks.. .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by SPDAZZY(f): 7:06pm On May 22, 2016
Great one.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 7:07pm On May 22, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Great one.
.... ... Thanks dear...
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by DandyPearl(f): 7:38pm On May 22, 2016
Hello SolomonBrown64,

During the time you were writing The Last Wolf Series, I wanted to send Anthea after you but I decided against it. But now you're making me reconsider that. Don't make me send another of Lucien's Gordongs after you.
By virtue of this give us another update

PS: All wetin I write up there na wash jare biko make una give us your loyal shidren update... cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by solomonbrown64: 8:16pm On May 22, 2016
DandyPearl:
Hello SolomonBrown64,

During the time you were writing The Last Wolf Series, I wanted to send Anthea after you but I decided against it. But now you're making me reconsider that. Don't make me send another of Lucien's Gordongs after you.

PS: All wetin I write up there na wash jare biko make una give us your loyal shidren update... cheesy
..... .... Lol.... I wish I could but I can't.. I am really busy and I am taking my time with this story.. Don't want to rush it like the last wolf...
.. I am sorry dear but the next update will have to come tomorrow.. Until then....

1 Like

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by slimsue(f): 9:52pm On May 22, 2016
solomonbrown64:

..... .... Lol.... I wish I could but I can't.. I am really busy and I am taking my time with this story.. Don't want to rush it like the last wolf...
.. I am sorry dear but the next update will have to come tomorrow.. Until then....
No wahala. We'll wait. Thanks for this.
Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by dimssy(m): 10:01pm On May 22, 2016
Abeg ooo...no send Anthea...the last wolf was a hell of masterpiece.
DandyPearl:
Hello SolomonBrown64,

Re: A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance by marcusagrippa(m): 6:23am On May 23, 2016
Hey Solomonbrown64, in your last update where you mentioned that Nero was "invisible" I think , from the context, you meant "invincible" I.e. indestructible.
Kindly confirm this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.