Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter (15877 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Business Director, Tenebe For Forging State House Letter(photo) / Police Arraigns Kidnappers Of Turkish School Girls With N3m Cash (Photos) / Nigerian Arrested For Forging Ghana Chief Of Staff’s Signature (PICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by NKmirabel(f): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
The police have charged a 42-year-old Lebanese, Rami El Masri, to court for allegedly forging a letter of Nigerian citizenship confirmation and parading himself as a Nigerian.

The police claimed that Masri forged the said Nigerian citizenship confirmation letter with reference number MIA/NAT 382/1 with the intent it might be acted upon as genuine.

The foreigner was accused of falsely and fraudulently presenting himself as a Nigerian citizen by birth, an act the police said was contrary to and punishable under sections 363 (3)(4)(O), 409 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011.

Masri, who was said to own two construction companies along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, was on Thursday arraigned before a Lagos State Magistrate’s Court in Igbosere.

The three counts pressed against him by the police bordered on conspiracy, forgery and uttering of false documents.

The police prosecutor, Susan Ezema, told the court that Masri and others who were still at large committed the alleged offences between December 15, 2008 and November 19, 2014.

The police claimed that on November 19, 2014, the foreigner “knowingly and fraudulently uttered the aforesaid false letter of confirmation as if it was genuine by presenting same to CSP Martin Nwogoh, a police officer attached to the Police Special Fraud Unit, Lagos office.”

But upon reading the charges to him before a court presided over by Mrs Joy Ugbomiko, Masri pleaded not guilty to all the counts.

He was subsequently admitted to a N200,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.

The magistrate said one of the sureties must be a company director and an owner of a landed property in Lagos, whose both office and residential addresses must be verifiable.

The case was adjourned till June 16, 2016 for mention.

http://www.ogbongefriends.com/breakingNews/newsDetails/10208/POLICE-ARRAIGN-OYIBO-FOR-FORGING-NIGERIAN-CITIZENSHIP-LETTER

1 Like

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
naija no get prison for foreigners, so he no fit go jail. I hail my Country.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by odiereke(m): 8:02am On Apr 22, 2016
Nigeria papers na him Oyinbo dey forge? Na wah o.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by DonMaxxy(m): 8:02am On Apr 22, 2016
See me see this yeye oyibo man o. You look for the country wey you wan forge their citizenship you no find; na Nija your mind tell you. You go hear am now.

You for meet guys swap with them. They give you their Nija passport and collect your own...olodo

5 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
The police have charged a 42-year-old
Lebanese, Rami El Masri, to court for allegedly
forging a letter of Nigerian citizenship
confirmation and parading himself as a
Nigerian.
he should have a picture
Masri, who was said to own two construction
companies along the Lagos-Ibadan
Expressway
Name of his two companies?
www.ogbongefriends.com
i will wait for vanguard

13 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Berrymoss(f): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
grin
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by otokx(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
When did Lebanese become oyinbo?

22 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by biggz82: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
At least we still get who like 2 b a 9ja citizen

2 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by 0955eb027(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
And that is the end of the story.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Sunnycliff(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Lets treat him the same disgraceful way they would do to us in their own land!
Eye for eye and tooth for tooth!

1 Like

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by seyiseni: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Oyinbo man when no know himself nah Kpako.... according to FELA grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by chikel2000(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
So we have value like dis? OP abeg Lebanese too nq oyibo?

3 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by tuoyoojo(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
the way these lebs misbehave in this country eh!

they treat workers anyhow, pay them poorly, exploit our women and he still has the impetus to get a counterfeit citizenship letter

do Nigerians in their country have the like of leverage they enjoy here

send him to kirikiri make him go chop iron beans abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by labamo07(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
No be be our people do am for am.............
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by DrTeeee(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
otokx:
When did Lebanese become oyinbo?
Abi o
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by ojosyodion: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Maybe him wan run for presidency
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Jimi23(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Probably trying to evade tax being a foreign businessman. Later dem go say na only Africans be crooks.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
He learnt from the masters cheesy cheesy
He sees how we forge everything in Nigeria, you don't blame him for doing the same. When in Rome do as the Roman do.
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Carrottop(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Bast*Rd I so hate this Lebanese people. .. so corrupt!
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by dayoungmoney1: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Lebanese no be oyinbo o grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Dottore: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
The man is fvcked. They had better investigate properly if he has links with insurgents because I don't see the reason why a Yobe would bother forging immigration documents of Nigeria of all country whereas the corrupt immigration officers would have helped him with genuine ones for a fee.
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Gidoka(m): 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
where is his pix, if na Nigerian man now his pix will be everywhere smh..

2 Likes

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by mgbedianya(m): 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
No pinsure of the fake oyibo?
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by elohim315: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
[quote][/quote]lebanse get ready to change you skin color cause na kirikiri u day end up

1 Share

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by olajideimmigrat: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2016
Enypie:
if he is found guilty he would serve his time in any of the prisons available in the country,the prison service would only notify immigration of his presence in their custody,his offence and the length of his sentence.
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by Pavore9: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2016
Na who make Lebanese oyinbo? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by chikel2000(m): 8:06am On Apr 22, 2016
Enypie:
forgive me but I dnt knw y I dnt like gals with many followers
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by ojinuocheibi(m): 8:08am On Apr 22, 2016
naija wey some people the look fir every opportunity to escape from na him this one the forge citizenship certificate? WHAT AN IRONY OR WETIN I GO CALL AM SEF? MAKE SNAP PICTURE BOOOOO

Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by salame(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2016
All of u wey dey shout. Lebanese na weitn if no be Oyinbo. who is oyinbo?
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by mrlibertyjur: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2016
dat good
Re: Police Arraigns Lebanese For Forging Nigerian Citizenship Letter by lonelydora: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2016
Lebanese is not oyibo. He should be given a capital punishment as a lesson to others. Nonsense, let a Nigerian try it in their country and see how fast he will be killed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

''My Abductors Confessed They Hired Guns From Policemen & Soldiers'' / I Gave My Mother N50,000 From Proceeds Of My First Robbery — Suspect / Those Supporting Yahoo Boys Need To Have A Brain Check Up - Dolapo Badmus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.