Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim (19252 Views)

How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times / How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. / I Got My NTEL Sim Card... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by seunny4lif(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
grin
I the chief Babalawo of Lagos
May you be blessed grin grin
joey150:
did you say cheap?? How?? 1k for 3 days is cheap?

I have a 4G phone, but i could care less. They should keep hiding the sim. Mtn and the rest are not even bothered.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by yomalex(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by Sunkyphil(m): 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
joey150:
did you say cheap?? How?? 1k for 3 days is cheap?

I have a 4G phone, but i could care less. They should keep hiding the sim. Mtn and the rest are not even bothered.
its unlimited o
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by fabre4: 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
samsam2019:
that will be throttled after 3gb of data?

only for that day
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by fabre4: 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
wins18:

Bring back our Glo!

Seriously, this people mean business o. less workers, less simcard cost tariff plans and data that is partially capped at 3gig per day not forgetting that they could reduce it more through their fair use policy
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by SirFuja: 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
The 100,000 that will make call free for life will make the free calls only within themselves.

Shey na friend zone, woss I de inside cuisine chair de crush
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by calabaman(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
teslim Elias address is a SCAM.

tried locating it today without success.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by chigoizie7(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
fabre4:

Yesterday I decided to go and Register my ntel lime in order to be among the 1st 100,000 that would make calls free for life, but when I went there I found out that what ntel sim was really about and seriously 95%of people don't know what this ntel is all about . So am going to throw it down as point for easy reading and understanding

* The sim is only for 4g phones with LTE technology
* You can only register one simcard with one ID, I.e if you reserved for lines you would have to go with 4 different IDs
* This network is for the rich and those who are conversant with 4g technology
* In this network you would make fewer voice calls than normal cause the minutes you can call is attached to the data you buy
* The 100,000 that will make call free for life will make the free calls only within themselves.

So before you go to get your ntel sim ask yourself is it worth the stress cause believe me you are going to spend a lot if time on your feet.

Apart from the making calls aspect, what about the free browsing for life package?

That one still dey nah, abi that one too na stress?

I ve my mtn line for calls, what I need is the one for my modem.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by armadeo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
Swift 4g lte forever.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by TeddyPendergrass(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Joel3:
grin I don't understand the fuss about this sim and why it always made front page. if you have a very strong 3G network to it fullest I promise you that you won't need 4G. with strong 3G you can stream and download 1mb or 2mb per seconds. and Airtel is currently trying on that. 3G drain battery not to tall of 4G. the advantage of 4G is mainly on heavy download and nothing more.

you are a fish. you only use Internet to chat and download shit movies.

there are people who depend on Internet to make a living and use it for business. LTE is the fastest mobile Internet technology at the moment and you can use that for IP telephony and what nots.

you can't compare 3g to LTE. That's like comparing MTN's 3g to ipNX fibre optic broadband.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by mabolo: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
I spent 6hrs to get ntel sim card at Transcorp Hilton in Abuja on Wednesday, only to be told that the network only work in selected areas. My iPhone is not one of the compliant phones. I don't think they're ready.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by 9jatatafo(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
Rocking my GPRS or 1 edge
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
prinsam30:
me and my boys are working tirelessly to hack this network, we've done with phase II tweaking and it was a success, it's just a matter of time they will dance to the tune of 170million Nigerians.

let dem ask MTN, Glo, Airtel and Etisalat, even the new ones that are just coming up are feeling the heat.

Guys check this analysis
*three days for N1000 unlimited, after downloading 3gb that will be all for the day
*Now you can only pay two times in a week, which is around N2000
*In 4weeks which is 24days you'll spend N8000

Can you possibly live with this, especially for people who download heavy data

How can you start operation with just three states and only one of the states (Abuja) is currently giving out SIM cards, what happened to the rest of the states, you promised to make the 100, 000 thousand subscribers to enjoy free calls for life and free browsing for some months, now only for you to come back and says "the free calls can only work when the 100, 000 thousand subscribers calls themselves".

imagine, how could that be possible, these 100,000 subscribers are not related, in business, family, friends, colleagues, loved ones and so on

Ntel with so much policies, I know their agents are here on this forum, I have a message for you guys, if you people don't change ur policy to suit the common man you won't last Two years in this Telecommunication industry.

If you care to know why ask Starcom, Visaphone and Co.

Thank you

It's a gradual process. Didn't they target 50m by 2020? Just watch how the price will eventually come down but my worry is that their network might be slow on the long run if they don't maintain standard
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by tomdfirst(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
when are dey going to launch our Nigeria Airways?.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
bestman09:
This space is for sale
How much?
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by 4C2215131: 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
charix:
Useless network.

In other words, it is not unlimited.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by 4C2215131: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
fabre4:

Yesterday I decided to go and Register my ntel lime in order to be among the 1st 100,000 that would make calls free for life, but when I went there I found out that what ntel sim was really about and seriously 95%of people don't know what this ntel is all about . So am going to throw it down as point for easy reading and understanding

* You can only register one simcard with one ID, I.e if you reserved for lines you would have to go with 4 different IDs
* In this network you would make fewer voice calls than normal cause the minutes you can call is attached to the data you buy
* The 100,000 that will make call free for life will make the free calls only within themselves.

So before you go to get your ntel sim ask yourself is it worth the stress cause believe me you are going to spend a lot if time on your feet.

Imagine the likelihood that the chosen 100,000 know each other. Very slim indeed so, in effect it's a sham!
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by DjAduba(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
That was the reason why I opted from obtaining it.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by prinsam30: 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
asuustrike2009:

It's a gradual process. Didn't they target 50m by 2020? Just watch how the price will eventually come down but my worry is that their network might be slow on the long run if they don't maintain standard

that also calls for concern, if they stay for two years, I will salute them, nothing run by the government that last for long
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by fabre4: 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
chigoizie7:

Apart from the making calls aspect, what about the free browsing for life package?

That one still dey nah, abi that one too na stress?

I ve my mtn line for calls, what I need is the one for my modem.

Lol nothing like free browsing for life o na big scam be that na three months unlimited
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by fabre4: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
4C2215131:

Imagine the likelihood that the chosen 100,000 know each other. Very slim indeed so, in effect it's a sham!

They mean business o
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by martinkem(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
fabre4:

Could you confirm how much data you were able to use
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
prinsam30:

that also calls for concern, if they stay for two years, I will salute them, nothing run by the government that last for long
It's a private firm not government
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by kene05(m): 3:30am On Apr 23, 2016
Until dey really mean business, i forsee a second breakdown in dz ntel, this is NIGERIA, their policies are too mean... [color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by prinsam30: 7:20am On Apr 23, 2016
asuustrike2009:
It's a private firm not government
like seriously, never knew oooo
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 23, 2016
prinsam30:

like seriously, never knew oooo
Well it's
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by tonyx4x44(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2016
The free call for life thing is a big scam! see details here

you are only allowed to call others members of the first 100,000 people and no other
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by Andiebest(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
fabre4:

Do they they have modems?
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by onyema1D: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Well, ntel seems to be getting there gradually. They just announced via twitter a 2nd SIM pick-up outlet in Abuja and they say Lagos is coming soon. Here is a screen shot from twitter:

Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by dustmalik: 8:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
I like the fact that Abuja is being giving priority by ntel, unlike other service providers in the past. I'm still amazed that Swift never found it business-wise to bring its services to Abuja.
Re: My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim by aqua(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Truly Rubbish network.

I honestly think they wont last. for one; majority of the population of Nigeria don't have a 4g LTE phone and only few most especially the rich may go for it since they may have the ipad tablet that will work for it or buy their silly techno phones.
The network does not even work on unlocked 4g mifi that is LTE. so the market they would have gotten from here is zero as well.
They don't have any router or mifi product to use on the network.
the subscription at N1000 for 3 days is just too poor.i registered for a sim yesterday and already i have gotten email that i have 24 hours left meanwhile its not working on my note 4 (4g LTE) phone or my unlocked 4g mifi
Coverage area is very restricted for now.

The self care portal they have is not working
Their customer care line is never available.
their twitter handle does not respond to threats

Their 1000k should have been for 7 days at least.
the quality of their packaging is very poor and not that attractive.
information is also very light in the accompanying paper.
imagine the network is not in surulere yet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Replace The Back Glass For An Iphone X? / Instagram Makes People Depressed, Twitter Makes People Angry, Which Is Better? / 10 Kinds Of Girls You'll Find On Facebook - Naijatechguy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.