Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together (25727 Views)

Real Girls Do Real Things!- Nigerian Lady Shares Photos Of Herself Frying Garri / Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Harmony92(f): 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=agoadiv post=44933059]If you have lived in a compound that is not inhabited by you alone,you must relate to this ,

from face me I face u to banana island,Victoria island,under the bridge neighbors must always share things.
Here we roll...

1•--Matches
This tops the list,if u lived in Nigeria or still living,there is an adage that says "The closer you are to your neighbor,the lesser you buy matches" its really that common,I remember a neighbor waking me up around 11:30 to request 5match stickssmiley

2•--Maggi
This one is also common and annoying,it stands out alone in my list,i remember living with this guy cook that disturbed me so much,the worst is he will say please give me 1 cube of knorr maggi and when i open the knorr to bring out 1 single cube he will say ahh ahhh brother samuel remember there is love in sharingembarassed

3•-- All kinds of foodstuff
Ranging from palm and groundnut oil,pepper,crayfish,onions mehn neighbors can be tasking,1 would just wake up n start borrowing everything frm rice to oil to maggi to pepper and they are off with breakfast

4•--Movies
This 1 sure brings problem between two neighbors and it also aids some sharp guy neighbors to get their longtime crush laid..how does it? when there is electricity overnight,u get a female neighbor pestering your house just to get a good movie for the night,the rest they say is history

5•--Water
I remember when i used to live with my parent,there's this guy that will always request for drinking water and bathing water,you know nigerian parents,my mum soon found out this guy doesn't fetch water in the house,so she lied in wait for him,when he finally came,mumcy finish this guy that day,i pitied him sha because he became the laughing stock of the compoundgrin

6•--kerosene
This is also common in my place,some neighbors request this quite often for their lamps,cooking and burning

7•--Cloths
Niggers where una deh??cheesy
niggers can package with their neighbors cloths like no mans business,they even collect jean,shirt,polo,sneakers,wristwatches, wristbangle,and many more,its common.

8•-- Girlfriends/Boyfriends
this sounds abnormal but it happens,i remember 1 of my friend telling me he shares girlfriend with his neighbor,i asked him how,he said when the girl comes visiting,he takes her to the guy house over night n explains to the girl that the guy is like a brother to him that she is gonna spend the night with him because he himself cant sleep outside home cos of dad n mum,de other guy being a sharp guy kontinews from where he stoppedwink

9•--Condoms
As awkward as it sounds,niggers can relate to this,Condoms are shared especially when your girl is around and konji catch u for night but bae no gree except u use condom,na so u go de knock for pesin door like you are being chased by monsterscheesygrin

10•--feel free to add yourssmiley. U didn't add pad 2 d list?
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Norajones(f): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
Share generator light. Ur neighbor will tell u to pls connect his wire that he wants to charge his laptop and phone that later he will give you money for fuel. #Story...if u no gree. In d night d sound of ur generator will change,only for you to notice that they've tapped your light. #wicked
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
@ op we naw knw wia u dey cum 4rm.
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by val15: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
Phone charger
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
11. Pressing iron

12. Wheelbarrow
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Artistree: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
I used to share a flat with a guy whose girlfriend borrows anything borrowable. From pot to plate, needle, charger, buttons, pressing iron, garri name it. She even went out one day, bought bole(roasted plantain) and Pepsi, came home and knocked on my door for palm oil to eat it. Last last, the guy married someone else o!
Truthfully speaking, I get embarrassed when people ask for too many things at a time without shame cos I wasn't raised that way and some people can borrow for Africa!
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Rayor993: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
Kiish:
because sambisa no be UK abi?
sure nah
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by fero07(m): 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sunky200:

stop lying, plead guilty of all the 9 count charges or else...
OR what happen in 1866 will repeat itself......
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Sunky200: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
fero07:
OR what happen in 1866 will repeat itself......
lol..
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by agoadiv(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Artistree:
I used to share a flat with a guy whose girlfriend borrows anything borrowable. From pot to plate, needle, charger, buttons, pressing iron, garri name it. She even went out one day, bought bole(roasted plantain) and Pepsi, came home and knocked on my door for palm oil to eat it. Last last, the guy married someone else o!
Truthfully speaking, I get embarrassed when people ask for too many things at a time without shame cos I wasn't raised that way[b] and some people can borrow for Africa![/b]

i sweargrin
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by peeceelove2: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
What about
1. Knife to cut meat,

2.Bucket,
3.Jerry can,
4. glass cup,

5. Pomade grin
6. Soup.. grin
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
Na Movie Sure Pass
Re: Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together by pinkiberry(m): 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
they also share toilet. for people living in face me I slap you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OOU Student Goes Missing (photo) / Eze Ugonna Iriele & His Wife Welcome Twins After 15 Years Of Waiting (Pics) / Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.