Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Another International Blunder From Arik Air! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another International Blunder From Arik Air! (812 Views)

Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by engrbrume(m): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
A very sad passenger shared this on her Facebook page this morning....

This a letter to Arik Air to complain abiut the flight from Angola to Nigeria on Wednesday the 20th of April. First of, this flight was to leave Luanda at 2:00am. It was delayed till about 4:00am with no explanations given at all. Bear in mind that we had children flying that time of the night.
Ok. Got into the plane and the toilet smells worse than a pit laterine. This is an international flight for goodness sake!! If this was all I wouldn't come here to write, I would keep quiet as we all do in Nigeria but no it wasn't.
We arrived about 7:00am. Exhausted from a very turbulent flight. Passed through immigrations very smoothly and started to wait for our luggage. Please take note that we were basically the first people to be there at the time so we can't say it was because other luggages from other flights were also coming through. After waiting for over 2 hours. The truth came out! Our luggage was left behind in Luanda. Why??
Every single piece of my baby's clothing, food, wipes, drugs, toys, toiletries and anything else you think a baby will need. All left at your airport in Luanda. Do you know the implication of this? I came into Lagos and instead of relaxing we had to go out looking for clothes amongst other things.
We were assured of getting our luggage today. This morning my husband has called and was told it would not be till Sunday. Is this even right? In this economic crunch why should we be forced to buy things that we already have? Why can you guys not be professional for once?
Because you are used to Nigerians accepting nonsense.
Please I want my luggage back. And I expect nothing to be missing from it. Not even one item.

O.I

2 Likes

Re: Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by Bigcake: 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
Arik will never sit up... Dont we have a regulatory body? well? what is the role and function of FAAN. Fvck Arik....
Re: Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by engrbrume(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
It's really unacceptable! The way this airline treats it's customers. I wish we could make them compensate passengers for delayed luggage and cancelled flights. Such occurences have become a norm and sadly, Nigerians are accepting the rubbish these guys at Arik dish out on a daily basis. I wish this would go to the front page...
Re: Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by youngweb(m): 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
All I have to say in this case, is MODS; please !please!! FP this is certainly unacceptable anymore ,it's too much biko. If they are not called to other now, Arik Airline obnoxious excuses continues cool
Re: Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by itstpia8: 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Which Nigeria matters dey Angola sef?

Oro yi su mi o, Nigerians all over the place in different countries and their actions are used as a yardstick for other Nigerians who have no inkling of who they are or what they might be doing.

Just a rant, not referring to the op.

Abi some Nigerians are of Angolan descent ni?
Re: Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by engrbrume(m): 7:11am On Apr 23, 2016
itstpia8:
Which Nigeria matters dey Angola sef?

Oro yi su mi o, Nigerians all over the place in different countries and their actions are used as a yardstick for other Nigerians who have no inkling of who they are or what they might be doing.

Just a rant, not referring to the op.

Abi some Nigerians are of Angolan descent ni?
It's just a rant until it happens to you.
Re: Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by otokx(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2016
Its unfortunate, we Nigerians have to up our game. Excellence in every thing should be our motto.
Re: Another International Blunder From Arik Air! by itstpia8: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2016
engrbrume:

It's just a rant until it happens to me.

(1) (Reply)

New Cbn Flexible Exchange Rate! How Does It Affect Tuition Payment Abroad? / BREAKING: Container Crushes Many To Death In Alakija (PHOTOS) / South Korea Business Visa, Who Is In My Shoe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.