Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. (1005 Views)

Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. by luvprince4real(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2016
a friend of mine got an opportunity to travel abroad with his wife and an 8 months old kid. A kid he claim to love so much and feel he will be loosing him to western life style which he feels is not gud for him. Do u think it is better to bring up a child here in nigeria than abroad? He feels d boy can travel later in life after he has attained a matured age.
Re: Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. by sweetilicious(f): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
If you want your kids to be useful to you and the society, i think it should depend on your routine. How you bring them up matters whether its abroad or Nigeria. Have family time. I just wish i get married to a man that is into his family. Some Nigerians that their children do well can be traced to their parents and family routine.
Re: Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. by luvprince4real(m): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2016
sweetilicious:
If you want your kids to be useful to you and the society, i think it should depend on your routine. How you bring them up matters whether its abroad or Nigeria. Have family time. I just wish i get married to a man that is into his family. Some Nigerians that their children do well can be traced to their parents and family routine.
so u ar saying d environment doesnt matter or affect d child
Re: Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. by eyinjuege: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2016
I think every child should be raised by their parents provided such a parent is responsible and not a danger to the child.
Children shouldn't be chucked off to some grandma or aunty's place.

No one can really look after your child like you would.

Then, what values to you want instilled in your child?

Is that child exposed to any form of abuse at grandma's place, remember grandma 's already getting old with her own health issues, and different people you have no control over will come to her home.

Can she really provide your child the guidance and monitoring she did for you while you were growing up?

Anyway, most parents abroad want to just hustle first with no distraction of child rearing in the early years they migrated, hence the need for not taking their children with them, and not because they want the children to imbibe some cultural values if we're gonna be honest with ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. by nnamdibig(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
Bring up a child in Nigeria and you have what we Africans call a son/daughter but bring up your child abroad and you have what we Africans call a nigga/b.itch. Not in all cases but in most cases.

Your child should at least to his/her primary & secondary education in Nigeria before going abroad.

1 Like

Re: Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. by nnamdibig(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
A case study is a family friend that got married & moved abroad with the wife. The problem now is that the kids(all grown ups) can't return home again cos the last time they did, the first son complained that the country is too hot that he will never come back to Nigeria again. And he was able to convince his siblings.
Re: Difference Btwn Bringing Up A Child In Nigeria And In Abroad. by Lumiere91: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
Child learn first by command and later by example and later later by experience.raise them like Mary raised child Jesus.environment plays little roll.there are more discipline people america than 9ja wer children are flogged

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed Urgently! / Male; Whats The Perfect Age For Marriage? / How Do I Win My Step Children?... Their Aunty Is Poisoning Their Minds...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.