Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,186 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured (27296 Views)

Man Who Posed As Us-based Female Doctor Arrested In India For Duping Businessman / EFCC Arrest Fraudster Who Built A Hotel After Duping A Lady Via Fake Dollar Scam / EFCC Arrests Man For Duping A Viatnamese Woman Via Love Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by WAECFlyer1: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2016

Two Nigerian men who duped the secretary of a serving Bombay High Court judge of Rs 2.2 lakh by befriending her on Facebook and eventually threatening her with ‘a judicial enquiry’, after she refused to make more payment were arrested by the cyber police station from New Delhi, India on Friday, April 22.
The Nigerian men identified as Casmir Chijioke and Oliver Onyeka befriended the woman with one of them pretending to be a UK national. According to the BKC cyber police, the complainant, who approached them on April 6, told them that a few months ago, she received a friend request on Facebook from a British national. She accepted the request and the two started chatting online, said an officer.
The man claimed to be from a well-to-do family and the duo started chatting frequently. Over a period of time, they became good friends and would chat almost daily, an officer said. One day, the man claimed to have been admitted to a hospital due to an ailment. The victim was very upset over this and communicated this to him. He then told her he was sending her a gift from the UK, as he himself could not come to India due to the ailment, an officer said.
A few days after this conversation, the woman received a call from the ‘Delhi customs’, stating there was a gift being parceled to her place and she would need to pay some ‘handling fee’. An officer disclosed that she paid the amount but over the next few weeks, she kept receiving demands for more money under various pretexts to ‘facilitate the transportation of the gift’. She then became suspicious and refused to pay the ‘customs official’ anymore.
“At this point, the callers, who knew she worked as a secretary to a judge, threatened her that if she did not make the payment, they would approach the judiciary and a ‘judicial enquiry’ would be initiated against her,” the officer said.
She quickly made another payment out of fear before approaching the cyber police station on April 6,’ A team led by inspector Ravi Sardesai began probe in the matter and based on technical intelligence, found that the “British” national was actually chatting from New Delhi. A team from the BKC cyber police station camped in Delhi for a few days before they managed to arrest Casmir Chitioke and Oliver Onyeka.
DCP (cyber) C S Rajkumar said,
“The duo was produced before a court in Delhi and granted a transit remand to be brought to the city.” An officer said that there is a possibility the two suspects have cheated more people using the same modus operandi. “Once we check the laptop of the accused, we will be able to find out if they targeted more victims,” he said.

Source: http://timenaija.com/i/2016/04/23/two-nigerian-men-arrested-in-india-for-duping-a-woman-and-threatening-her-with-judicial-inquiry/

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by WAECFlyer1: 10:38am On Apr 23, 2016

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by feldido(m): 10:43am On Apr 23, 2016
Jail them for life. angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by queenoflafia(f): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2016
Na Buhari cause this one abi

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by buharisbae(f): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2016
using name checker
all this Biafra ehnn

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by homeboy205: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2016
When I opened this thread I wasn't gonna check no names then the name pop up as our biafrans brotherhood, dem make money or die trying I hail thee

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by baddyoosha: 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
NA THEM lalasticlala what's the penalty for such crimes in India ??

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
Name checkers association of Nigeria....food department here again

And on today's menu it is fufu and uha soup as the main course, with Nkwobi for desert to be washed down with ice cold Harp lager (Guiness and Gulder are available).

Name checkers association of Nigeria's food department wishes you bon appetit.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
angry

These guys angry

get a life naa, crime does not pay

Name checkers oya ooooo food is ready. Sha have it in mind that crime is not tribe specific

6 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nairaland don turn me to tribalist..chai..
Na d names i first com check.. Just to b sure say na dem..
And i was not disapointed..
"Onyeka" and "chijioke".. its d "hard-working" isrealites.. the "self-acclaimed" Jews.. the ones that developed Lagos with their Hardwork
*sigh*
Igbo kwenu!!!! grin

95 Likes 4 Shares

WAECFlyer1:

Two Nigerian men who duped the secretary of a serving Bombay High Court judge of Rs 2.2 lakh by befriending her on Facebook and eventually threatening her with ‘a judicial enquiry’, after she refused to make more payment were arrested by the cyber police station from New Delhi, India on Friday, April 22.
The Nigerian men identified as Casmir Chijioke and Oliver Onyeka befriended the woman with one of them pretending to be a UK national. According to the BKC cyber police, the complainant, who approached them on April 6, told them that a few months ago, she received a friend request on Facebook from a British national. She accepted the request and the two started chatting online, said an officer.
The man claimed to be from a well-to-do family and the duo started chatting frequently. Over a period of time, they became good friends and would chat almost daily, an officer said. One day, the man claimed to have been admitted to a hospital due to an ailment. The victim was very upset over this and communicated this to him. He then told her he was sending her a gift from the UK, as he himself could not come to India due to the ailment, an officer said.
A few days after this conversation, the woman received a call from the ‘Delhi customs’, stating there was a gift being parceled to her place and she would need to pay some ‘handling fee’. An officer disclosed that she paid the amount but over the next few weeks, she kept receiving demands for more money under various pretexts to ‘facilitate the transportation of the gift’. She then became suspicious and refused to pay the ‘customs official’ anymore.
“At this point, the callers, who knew she worked as a secretary to a judge, threatened her that if she did not make the payment, they would approach the judiciary and a ‘judicial enquiry’ would be initiated against her,” the officer said.
She quickly made another payment out of fear before approaching the cyber police station on April 6,’ A team led by inspector Ravi Sardesai began probe in the matter and based on technical intelligence, found that the “British” national was actually chatting from New Delhi. A team from the BKC cyber police station camped in Delhi for a few days before they managed to arrest Casmir Chitioke and Oliver Onyeka.
DCP (cyber) C S Rajkumar said,
“The duo was produced before a court in Delhi and granted a transit remand to be brought to the city.” An officer said that there is a possibility the two suspects have cheated more people using the same modus operandi. “Once we check the laptop of the accused, we will be able to find out if they targeted more victims,” he said.

Source: http://timenaija.com/i/2016/04/23/two-nigerian-men-arrested-in-india-for-duping-a-woman-and-threatening-her-with-judicial-inquiry/
Umunna m....n'agba nu mbo..onweghi ihe mega

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by adesegun121(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin

The Nigerian men identified as Casmir Chijioke and Oliver Onyeka

Na DEM DEM grin grin grin Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!

Ki Olorun shaa gbawa lowo won....

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by miqos02(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
icool
Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by Arabiandude: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
By their NAMES, we shall know them. smh

Meanwhile

www.nairaland.com/refiner

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by CaroLyner(f): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
name checkers food has landed

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by NovusHomo(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
queenoflafia:
Na Buhari cause this one abi

Yes now. Shebi dem be Fulah herdsmen. grin

4 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by EmekaBlue(m): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ogadimma
Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by spartacusdove(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by ifeelgood: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
Igbo making Nigeria proud everywhere in the world ~ Ike Ekweremadu

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by onihaxy: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
I will never join them to check names . but I think they are our industrious brothers. I so much love their hustle spirit. always taking risks.

NCA member, Magodo branch

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by mentorandfriend(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
I can't help but laugh.

Igbo kwenu!

Kwenu!!

Kwezuo nu o!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
I only opened this thread to check names.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by Sunofgod(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2016

5 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by Flashh: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Admiralty616:
I only opened this thread to check names.
Me too. I have seen the two names. grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by steph2sweet(f): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Choi, the hustle is real. Man must survive
Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by elmoore676(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Naija oooo
Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by kuuljay(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kwezuenu!!!!! Two of ya illustrious hardworking sons are at it again

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by feldido(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
[quote author=fhope768 post=44971405][/quote]

And Mr Scammer, don't u ever quote me with this ur scam again otherwise you will end up like them.
Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by 4rmthewest(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
Name checkers association of nigeria festac branch...........na dem dem cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by MuteMute(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
Beheaded. Yummy
Re: 2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured by BitterTruthUass(f): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nigerians again undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Businesswoman Gave Me N25m, SUV For Curing Ailment –prophet / Anambra ”Slave Boy” Who Was Locked In A Locker Rescued In Nnewi / Notorious Thief Rescued From Being Burnt Alive At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.