Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Driverless Cars Hit The Road In China - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driverless Cars Hit The Road In China (850 Views)

Germany's First-Ever Driverless Bus Hits The Roads In Bavaria-Pics/Video / 5 Places Where Driverless Cars Can Work In Nigeria / First Driverless Car In Nigeria In Lagos Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driverless Cars Hit The Road In China by MotoringNigeria: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Two driverless cars have embarked on a 1,200-mile trip from Chongqing to Beijing as China pushes autonomous car tech

Two driverless cars in China have embarked on a 1,200-mile journey across the country. The locally produced and modified Changan Raetons set off from the manufacture's base in Chongqing to Beijing, which will take approximately five days.

While the two test cars are driverless they aren’t unmanned, with an engineer in the front passenger seat to intervene if something was to go wrong. The journey is the first long distance test of autonomous vehicles in China.

The majority of the 1,200-mile trip will be on the motorway, where the self-driving cars can reach speeds of up to 75mph. However, the Changan Raetons still require driver input for lane changes and overtaking manoeuvres.

Other car manufacturers such as Audi,Mercedes and Volvo, as well as tech companies such as Google, have all begun testing of autonomous vehicles but not to the same level. The move from state-owned Changan Raeton shows China’s determination to become leaders in autonomous technology.

Volvo, which is Chinese owned, also has plans to begin testing a fleet of 100 autonomous vehicles in China. A similar scheme is scheduled to begin in Gothenburg, Sweden.

For more amazing articles, downloadCARVOLUTION MAGAZINE here ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/16zcsm3lh1iy5yc/CArvolutionFINAL.pdf?dl=0 ) and enjoy the ultimate auto-mazing experience.

What do you think about autonomous cars? Let us know in the comments section below...

Motoringnigeria.com / autoexpress

Re: Driverless Cars Hit The Road In China by princemillla(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
O dikwa serious grin

Chinese with their invention. Funny enuf this people prefer to remain barren but have a record on invention.

Wish my dad was a Chinese man.... embarassed
Re: Driverless Cars Hit The Road In China by MuslimPrince(m): 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
interesting, BT I CNT 4king use dat car, y car go drive himself, wetin I go dey do, chop popcorn?

1 Like

Re: Driverless Cars Hit The Road In China by MotoringNigeria: 8:30am On Apr 25, 2016
princemillla:
O dikwa serious grin

Chinese with their invention. Funny enuf this people prefer to remain barren but have a record on invention.

Wish my dad was a Chinese man.... embarassed

lmao
an sure u don't mean that.

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About Tyres And Avoid FRSC Seizing Vehicle / Best Place For Car Hire Business / My Air Intake Fuel Sensor Is Missing On My toyota Avensis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.