Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife (3291 Views)

Man Seek Divorce From Wife Because She Has Lost Her Beauty And Figure / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / ~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by Hauwa1: 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2009
may better woman comes your way. dont mind the other guys up there who dont know their priority. na mama help you go abroad, as well go and settle in her house and dont grow up.

davidylan:

once a man is married, his allegiance must be to his wife first. Family comes a distant second.

poster, if you in Aust, please dont forget to call in the police if he hits or pinch you. the cops are there for u to use. next time call them and dont take nonsense.
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by cooljade(f): 1:00am On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

once a man is married, his allegiance must be to his wife first. Family comes a distant second.

wise words, wish all Nigerian men had those lines in their heads.

Davidylan, you must be a very nice and responsible home, a true son of your father. God bless you
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by fayahsoul: 1:19am On Aug 10, 2009
rasputinn:

shocked shocked :oSchweeeeeeeppes??,I trip o,which levels na bros??

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-199041.0.html
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by Outstrip(f): 2:47am On Aug 10, 2009
LOL @ call the cops if the man pinches her
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by Nezan(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by sherrylo: 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2009
Depends on what your family were to you before you got married.
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by Theblessed(f): 7:26pm On Aug 11, 2009
rasputinn:

And how many metres or kilometres are we looking at here? grin grin

Na wa broda make you ask am further!  And when the woman pack up the brand new Merc on the drive and run off with the milk man, the family go then become NEARER first, huh! And as usual, family always pick up the pieces of our mistakes and broken dreams, don't they? Absolutely, that's what they are made for.lol!!!!!!
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by Tarigha: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
i always respond on both sides. the word compromise should be practice by couples or both parties. God said woman submit and man love your wife. we have fail to understand the mystery of doing our part of the assignment. as a woman refuses to understand you sometime call on him deep in the night and speak to politely. and if he refuses, dont stop your submissiveness. the other area will be done by God. have you ever seen God plogging somebody of his or her missconduct. He will handle the rest.
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by chelsea4su(f): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
is ur own fate accept it.just pray for him
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by last2laugh: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2009
You should respect, value and love yourself enough not to take that nonsense from your husband. It is not okay for him to abuse you, verbally or physically. You should try talking to your husband, if that doesn´t work then you need to get a divorce.

But if he has beaten you before, he will beat you again. Unless a miracle happens,
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by Fhemmmy: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
last2laugh:

You should respect, value and love yourself enough not to take that nonsense from your husband. It is not okay for him to abuse you, verbally or physically. You should try talking to your husband, if that doesn´t work then you need to get a divorce.

But if he has beaten you before, he will beat you again. Unless a miracle happens,

See advice oh, as if, she wld do same, if she was in the woman's show.
chelsea4su:

is your own fate accept it.just pray for him

Another definition of faith
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by GEW: 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2009
akigbemaru:

Ha ha ha, long distance indeed! If you don't grab your man another girl will take him. If you think because you are married to him he can't talk to his family again you are wrong.
A lot of ladies out there always think that once they get married nobody has the right to command their husband besides them.
I may put your husband on the same analogy with me. When I wanted to travel; I barely saw anybody to help other than my mum and my sisters. If you are they type of girl who doesn't know how I grew up and just want me to tell my family to hit the door just because of her, I ain't stupid. If you love me you have got to love my family too.

shesi:

I'm with you Akigbemaru

some women, infact, most women, just love love love to play the victim when it comes to domestic problems.

all of you busy here calling the husband an idiot, have you heard what he has to say? the OP could very well be playing things up. If he hit her in any way, then that's wrong. obviously. but i dont believe that for one minute. it's sounds to me she's angry and just adding things up to make the cast herself as the victim and make the guy look bad.

look its only women who get married and think their marriage life is their everything and all else comes second. Us men dont think like that. This guy probably goes to visit his mum every weekend and that is what she is complaining about o?

in my experience 90% of the stories women have to tell about their mother in laws are lies. from the stories my mother used to tell about my father's mother to the stories i hear women telling today. they are all rubbish.

my cousin's wife was complaining because his mom calls him every week to find out how he is. the wife said that's too much and that it is intefering. when she told me and i said i dont see any big deal, i'm sure she will be telling her friends how her husband's family are ganging up against her to make her marriage a living hell.
you guys have never seen the effects of domestic abuse.
topup:

Hi,

You're not alone, the exact same thing happened to someone that is very close to me, it all depends on whether the guy changes, luckily for us he changed - but probably by force, but before he changed, she had to create some physical distance.

A cruel man who controls everything i.e. money, life, when you get pregnant can abuse these. He knows you can't fend off for yourself, that you have to ask or beg before you can get any money, and it's like all your decisions are in your hands. Another man may nurture his wife and protect her, and encourage her to achieve her goals, maybe even to start her own career.

Your husband has got you in such a bad position because he probably thinks that you will never be able to leave, his mum and sister probably give him bad advice and they probably encourage him to beat you to 'keep you in line'.

Well, it was about 20 years after everything started that the mother-in-law apologised. Can you picture the gravity of a 80+ year old woman (husband's mother) and her 40+ year old daughters on their knees begging for forgiveness to the woman? Miracles happen. People change, but you can't rely on them, you have to use wisdom, this could be a very dangerous environment for your children.

What are your options?
mama arugbo herself. you are always the TOPS. you have a very fine mind. a sane voice in this place.
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
It's a man's world lady. Aint nothing we can do about it. sad
Re: Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife by last2laugh: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ Fhemmmy, how do you know what I´ve been through? I gave my advise and support to this woman, it shouldn´t bother you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Year Old Girl Impregnated By Her Father Cries Out "govt Pls Take The Child!" / I Thought Marriage And Money Would Bring Happiness / (pic) New Born Baby Thrown Into A Dustbin In PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.