Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? (14066 Views)

14 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Been A First-timer In A Church / RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) / My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Themandator: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
vizkiz:
Lol, I have never ever stood up whenever I visit a new church and first timers are called out.

Reason: I don't want excess calls and visitation from follow up teams. If I like your church service, I will come back next week, if I don't we will meet at Jesus's feet grin

Shy or lacks confidence, which one?
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by calculator101(m): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
I did that today and I was given a bottle of fanta for coming.my intention of standing up was to shake hand with the anointed man of God..lolz
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by olucomf: 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
Soft drink with different church.. I think synagogue is my next church now.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Yuneehk(f): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Oma307:
But ur face does not look like a shy type
Really?? Okay
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
lanxlot:
grin grin grin na im make I like Catholic. Who get ya time? grin

Ur privacy is guaranteed
Which kine privacy be that
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by yemoxyl(m): 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Sometimes especially when they wanna share biscuit/snacks and softdrink grin
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by TLAX: 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
i dey stand o....i no dey shy at all. infact i visited a church for the first time today and i stood up. Just trying to be truthful in the house of God.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by TLAX: 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yuneehk:

Really?? Okay

Yes. it looks like fire for fire type. grin
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Yuneehk(f): 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
TLAX:

Yes. it looks like fire for fire type. grin
Kikikikikiki.. I hear!
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
I've actually not attended many churches other than the commission I was born into. As a matter of fact,other than LFC,the only other churches I've attended are RCCG,Christ Embassy and a Catholic Church for Thanksgivings. So, most often when I'm in a different church,it's just a different branch of LFC probably because I'm in a different location or something.

In those cases I don't stand up as a first timer. I've only stood up as first timer 3times in my entire life. embarassed tongue
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
I've actually not attended many churches other than the commission I was born into. As a matter of fact, other than LFC, the only other churches I've attended are RCCG, Christ Embassy and a Catholic Church for Thanksgivings. So, most often when I'm in a different church, it's just a different branch of LFC probably because I'm in a different location or something.

In those cases I don't stand up as a first timer. I've only stood up as first timer 3times in my entire life.[ tongue
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Sammyblaq(m): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Once, an usher pointed at me to stand... "So you no know me¿" was the response.

A priest we had sometime go use 30mins dey ask u questions... Tell the church about urself.
After u submit as a first timer... followup go begin
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by briyane: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
I can't stand being in the spotlight of a congregation.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by zbone(m): 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:
if you can refuse a little thing as standing up to be recognized when in a new body of Christ,
then it is also justified if Christ denies you blessings for visiting his house

where is the dislike button ffs
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Btruth: 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yes, I did that before. Don't have to because you have to be attending their church, could be a warmth welcome as a guest. Like Bishop Oyedepo did to me some years back, and he gave me some gift of his books.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by RexTramadol1: 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Abi ayaff nuh stood up ni

First timer things sure baje
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Sammie23: 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
Chaii
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Rexphobia(m): 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yuneehk:

Me too cry
I like your vibe...you should make a great friend...
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by vicdall(f): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
No. it's embarrassing. In fact what I hate most about being away from home is having to be a new member at a church
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Yuneehk(f): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
Rexphobia:
I like your vibe...you should make a great friend...
For real??
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by donbenedict(m): 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yuneehk:

For real??
lwkmd ajuju
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Yuneehk(f): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
donbenedict:
lwkmd ajuju
when will you go back to your other account sef? angry
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by donbenedict(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yuneehk:

when will you go back to your other account sef? angry
one month ban cool
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Rexphobia(m): 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yuneehk:

For real??
an emoticon could have done justice to that question...now I don't know if it's a sincere question or you're trying to be sarcastic
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by livinstone8(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
That's why I love the Catholic Church, nobody go come de give u excess attention or invade ur privacy
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by InvertedHammer: 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
Haute:
And they'll probably make you stay back after service.

/
grin grin grin

\
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Yuneehk(f): 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Rexphobia:
an emoticon could have done justice to that question...now I don't know if it's a sincere question or you're trying to be sarcastic
LOL!!! That wasn't sarcasm jur. Sorry I didnt include an emoticon too. I'm Ada cheesy
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yes, if there's item 7, no if there's none
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Orelomo(f): 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
[quote author=justicejay post=44997309]Lolz you just make me remember when I gained admission into college.
I visited different type of church each sunday for good 2months and stood up for first timer in each church.
Why?
Cos of MENU MENU MENU.
About the visitation or calling it nothing to worry about you can't meet me in hostel and my grandma will take care of the call.[/qu

For this exact same reason, I gave my life to Christ about 5 times when I was about 11-12....thank God I don't do it anymore
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
emperorchedda:
What makes me avoid standing up is the looks from people. I hate being the centre of attention and I see that as unwarranted attention

The church I attend then they form a habit of singing for you then every single person in the church will stand up and come give you a handshake....all because I'm a new comer. The attention too much abeg

besides I hate the unnecessary and indiscriminate shaking of hands by the whole congregation.

you never know where their hands must have been before coming to church.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
Themandator:

Shy or lacks confidence, which one?
six and half dozen.
Re: Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? by Rexphobia(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yuneehk:

LOL!!! That wasn't sarcasm jur. Sorry I didnt include an emoticon too. I'm Ada cheesy
I'm Michael... Mind taking this convo to a place nice and quiet; where your romancelander clique can't hear us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oogun Inu Rirun Ti Ki Ise Ogbe-inu To Daju / Can You Return A Certificate For Engaging In Exams Malpractice After Repentance? / What's Your Favorite Hymn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.